It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are The Worst Movies That You've Seen?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
Fahrenheit 9/11, An Inconvenient Truth, Lost In Translation....

I watched the first two simply to be able to have an informed opinion about them so that my debating them would make some sense. Yes, I truly do have an informed opinion of them now...

Lost In Translation was an experiment in Indie Films. Now when I need to cut some quick Zzzzz's I just pop it in and viola! Instant Sleep, Just add water!!! The ONLY scene woth watching in that movie was the Johannsen booty shot and it wasnt all that great.....

You know, as one of the only posts on BTS to mention Lost in Translation, I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping people liked it, I certainly did.

Worst movie I've ever seen is hands down Alien vs. Predator Reqieum. Horrible writing and a lot of stupid scenes.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ishtar
I rest my case.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Not the worst movie i've ever seen but one that left me thinking, "What was the point in watching that".

"Smoking Aces"

Yes there are 1 or 2 cool gunfight scenes but the entire story is pretty pointless.

I suppose the best bit in the film (or the only bit that makes sense) is at the very end were your left with the feeling exactly like the main character "Ryan Reynolds" "I just went through all of that bull# for this ending".

The characters are all over the place, and the big names are there just to draw in some crowds.
The story is like a failed attempt at an American version of Snatch.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Worst...movie...EVER

Nowhere...an easy second

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

Step back!
We have a winner!

By the way.....
What ? Smokin Aces?
Come on... Alisha Keys in hooker boots? What's not to like?
That's classy.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Thats the point, the film is all about trying to be stylish and I feel they lost all the story in trying to make the characters cool.

I want a movie, not a fasion show.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

The sad part about how I became aware of this movie is the fact that I saw it on Turner Classic Movies one night. There is not a word in the English language that describes just how horrible this movie is.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
First, the American Godzilla was good. Not great, but better then most crapfests. And the Maxim list has Independence Day? HOW! That movie is amazing! And Will Smith, mmm Peanut Butter Jelly Time! My worst? Hmm, Passion of the Christ was a snooze fest with no character in it. But since the book it was based off was the exact same thing what do you expect? And you know how it ends. Titanic, what's next, the Hindenburg? 10,000 BC. Wooly Mammoths in the desert, need I say more?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Yeah, lot's of people say that Independence Day sucked. I don't see how. It was a really good movie, but I guess: A guy running down the beach after a scarf at sunset while a glass of orange juice sits, condensing in the foreground is a great movie.

Anything with plot is not.

According to the critics.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Don't you know that scarf chasing is artistic? Bleh, ID4 had a great plot. Better then most alien invasion plots. Most are aliens attack, we don't know why, they just do. This one tells you why, they want our resources. And what a way to beat them! We can't fight with our weapons, Area 51 was real, but we go a route they don't think of. Some I've heard ask "Wouldn't the aliens have an anti virus program?" Why? Like a Mac, I doubt the aliens expect to get a computer virus so why waste time on an anti virus program? Who the hell could get inside, upload the virus, and have it work? Only some one who captured one of your ships back in the 50s! Anyways, still, 10,000 BC was so off. Wooly mammoths in the freaking desert! And pyramids thousands of years before they were built!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Independance day was awsome.
Not seen 10,00BC, seems too much like a dumbed down "Apocalypto" and that is a good movie, IMO.

Horrible films, hmm let me think.

OK a bad film, "Paradise lost"
How boring can you make a film?
how boring can you make a film about stealing peoples organs to sell on the black market?

It sounds like a riot but with only one or two gory scenes and aload of dumb teenagers it's just not worth buying, which I did, thinking it may be along the lines of Hostle, which I like, and #2, I don't see why their making a third when all #2 was, was the 1st one done better.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Ok, worst movie ever is.....

The Stupids, starring Tom Arnold...

Yep, it's all right there really...but this film is so bad, I don't even think it made it a week in theaters. When my friends and I saw it, everyone else walked out of the theater about 15 min in.... We stayed as an endurance test...(and the one of the ushers lost a bet, as he informed us)...

We were bored, and it was the only thing out we hadn't seen, that was playing there in the mall (back when most malls had movie theaters)...

I mean, there's an animated cat and dog, with no explanation as to why!!!

The only bright spots...

The song, "I'm my own Grandpa" and Christopher Lee as "Mr. Sender"....

If you still don't believe me, I triple dog dare you to watch it...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Yeah...I have no idea why there were Woolly Mammoths in the desert...the entire scenery of that movie made no sense and conflicted with itself...bleh

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
"Author! Author!" (Awful! Awful!) from 1982. This horrible attempt at comedy starred Al Pacino. If a comedy is bad, it is terrible. Worst movie I have ever seen.

Other bad movies I have sat through:

"Robocop 2" was a pointless sequel that was extremely violent, and not in a campy way.

Any Hal Needham movie after "Smokey and the Bandit", with Burt Reynolds. Car chases and crashes are fun the first time around, but they do not make for good movies.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, 'B' horror films I'll leave off limits here - their badness is what makes them so fun to watch!

But, I'm surprised Rocket Man hasn't been mentioned yet. Don't take movie reccomendations from a crackhead - just some advice.
and then there's Teen Wolf

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Didn't the makers wonder why a Wooly Mammoth would live in a desert? And the whole pyramid thing, 5,000 years before they were built? Does no one have a history book? And if we go to B movies, Stupid Teenagers Must Die! Is horrible. The ghost is a guy in a bed sheet! And not even a clean white one but a dirty one lol.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Disaster Movie

from the very beginning it was garbage, and just wouldnt let up. If I had gone to the movies to see it Id have asked for a refund. If I had rented it Id have asked for a refund. Thank god I downloaded it, so I could just delete that piece of trash movie.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well, you have to expect things like Disaster Movie, Epic Movie, etc. to be exactly what they are...complete schtick the whole way through....

Disaster Movie was worse than most others though, even for a spoof, but the crazed Chipmunks at least made me laugh....

I still dare anyone to watch the Stupids though...and challenge you to be able to watch ALL of it...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The Hills Have Eyes; Smart People; One Missed Call; Cant think of any others.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
The Hills Have Eyes; Smart People; One Missed Call; Cant think of any others.

yes, hills have eyes and one missed call are f-n terrible..

the new prom night, redneck zombies, and lakeview terrace were also pretty bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join