It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2006 Debate Tournament

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Somebody please poke this tournament with a stick. I don't know if it's dead, but it's starting to smell old.

Doesn't smell like any victory I've ever had before.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Ha ha, no we're still waiting on one more debate judgement, then we'll announce both at the same time.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I seen this thread bumped and got excited, I thought another debate was in the makings.

Vagabond is right, these judges need the first poke though.

Again though, the best of luck to all combatents and still anxious to read the final debate.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
like i pretty much figured, i killed myself with my third response because i didnt even bother to check what i wrote. no excuse, just saying i knew it was coming, fully my fault for being an ass and not putting down any effort on that, i really let the debate down. o well good luck you guys

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Congrats to Rdube and Vagabond!

This was no easy win for either member, and I was glad to see a war zone in this round.

Edit:

What a topic to finish this debate with. Nygdan I deffinately would say you were sitting on this one for the finale.

This should be a classic.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by chissler]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i tried to act confident and say that i knew how to take that debate, but in actuality, how i feel about man made religion can be best quoted like this
"The voice of racism preaching the gospel is devilish
A fake church called the prophet Muhammad a terrorist
Forgetting God is not a religion, but a spiritual bond
And Jesus is the most quoted prophet in the Qu'ran
I break it down with critical language and spiritual anguish
The Judas I hang with, the guilt of betraying Christ
You murdered and stole his religion, and painting him white
Translated in psychologically tainted philosophy
Conservative political right wing, ideology
Glued together sloppily, the blasphemy of a nation"
-Immortal Technique

basically i believe man made religion is all messed up. so trying to say a religion i believe is just manipulative is peaceful was, well, not entertaining. plus i hate debating religion...its so pointless. Its obvious that islam, or at least the quran has its share of violence in it, and its pretty black and white. that isnt really debatable. asking "violence in islam justified", that would be debatable. it was hard and i lost the will to fight at the 3rd response.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ha, chissler, yes I was infact. I had planned on ending with the Nazi one, but I figured, we shouldn't do something historical for the finale.

Who is going to make it to the Tip of the Pyramid???

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Big sigh of relief from The Vagabond, and hearty congratulations to Zenlover for a great showing in her first tournament.

The judges' critiques are very much taken to heart; looking back when I was getting near the end of the tournament, I saw most (save one) of those comments coming. Just glad an off showing didn't kill me, as it well could have.

Best of luck to Rdube

Edit to add:
So here I go it's my shot.
Feet fail me not.
This may be the only opportunity that I got...

[edit on 24-4-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Best of luck to Rdube

Edit to add:
So here I go it's my shot.
Feet fail me not.
This may be the only opportunity that I got...

[edit on 24-4-2006 by The Vagabond]

Oh you son of a.....quoting eminem to ME......grrrr....

If you aren't careful I'll start quoting Kid Rock at you big guy.

Good luck to you too....see ya in the ring.

-Ry

[edit on 24-4-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
OK OK, I'll delve deeper into my CD case and you can have Shady. If you quote the lyrics I was gonna use next though I'm gonna be offended.

I can't remember if I've used all my Kid Rock lyrics yet or not really and it's a long thread to go back and check...

I'm half tempted to go country just to prove that I'm versatile, but I'm saving "How Do You Like Me Now" for the end.

I would say that Metallica never gets old, but St. Anger proved that's simply not true.

I guess that leaves me with Disturbed for now

You said it couldn't be done
Told me that it's the kind of battle
That just couldn't be won, you know
You're too sick, too hard, too ****ed in the head
You'll never make it, no, not in this lifetime
Well guess again my friend
Don't act suprised
We got the bass drum kick
That will blow out your eyes
Cause when you hear this ****
You'll get to steppin'
Gonna fight the war
And use my music as a weapon

And with those lyrics, since Shady is out of my arsenal, I think I'll just leave the music alone for the rest of the night.

And um... not to be impatient, but are you really gonna make me wait till I wake up to make my opening statement?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
VAGABOND!! Congratulations! Sorry it took me so long to congratulate you, but i've been spending to much time here over this debate and this place was starting to make me paranoid! LOL

Congrats again! I called it in your favor from the beginning even though I didn't let you know that! You earned it! Best of luck to both you and Rdube in the finale!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

And um... not to be impatient, but are you really gonna make me wait till I wake up to make my opening statement?

Yes sir, I am.

And now, for your listening pleasure a quote from "Big Weenie":
---------------------------

Alright listen, I need you to focus
I need you to go dig deep in your mind, this is important
We are going to perform an experiment of the sorts
I'm going to have to ask you to bear with me for a moment
Now I need you to open your mind-your eyes close them
You are now about to be placed under my hypnosis
For the next four and a half minutes
We are going to explore into your mind
To find out why you're so xxxxxx' jealous

-----------------

LOL... This is going to be a blast....Vag you're a hoot!

Opening statement coming soon...and it's going to be looooooong.

Maybe.

-Ry

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
great opening post rdube!

You and vagabond both have your work cut out as I see this debate can go in many different ways. Such a heated topic, and both sides have such a valid argument to make. Vagabond is up next, I can just imagine the hours he will spend agonizing over his posts.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wow, these new character limits are really going to cramp my style. Who had this idea???

Anyway, more to the point, I hate that feeling of helplessness when you first submit a post- especially now because the new background when posting cues your mind that something is off.

No matter how many times I read my work, I secondguess it for the first 3 or 4 hours.
Back to you Rdube

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just to let you guys know I have been enjoying the debates so far. I can tell that after just two replies, these two Fighters and this topic is shaping up to make a legendary debate. Neither have put a foot wrong yet! This is so cool!

Good luck guys!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Congratulations rdube and vagabond. I am convinced the judges were correct in their findings from the last debate.

This final topic is great and the opening posts are what I expected from these two winners.

The debate forum is one of the reasons I joined up as a member of ATS. I like the debate presentation of really difficult subject matters. This method helps me to look at all sides of a controversial subject. My thanks to the ATS administrators.

Mahree

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I don't normally compliment my opponents while the debate it going on (infact I often slag the hell out of them) but I gotta say that Rdube went in the right direction with his opening. I saw war of the worlds coming, but he had the good sense to get a modern example with ape-man, and he stayed away from invented instances.

I think this will probably be the most fun I've had in a debate, with the exception of the commedy debate of course... because I was allowed to basically just make up any dang thing I wanted as a rebuttal there, as evidenced by the infamous Kenny G exchange.

Looking forward to seeing how Rdube comes back at me (not to mention looking forward to firing my next volley). Again, good luck.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I think this will probably be the most fun I've had in a debate, with the exception of the commedy debate of course... because I was allowed to basically just make up any dang thing I wanted as a rebuttal there, as evidenced by the infamous Kenny G exchange.

Same feeling here - it's nice to have a debate at a level where the opponent puts a lot of thought and energy into the response. It makes for an intense and very fun conversation. I'll be working on this over lunch and should have the first reply completed by the afternoon. I won't keep you waiting overnight on this one.

-Ry

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Opening statements were strong.

This will with no doubt be the strongest debate so far through this tournament. Fitting way to end the tournament.

Who is going to bare the flag?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Tag, you're it.

I tell you man, what I wouldn't give for 1000 words. There's always one more thing to say.

I was up to 820 words when I was only 2/3 done. I just kept going back and condensing and rephrasing until I brought myself in at 799.

I keep finding myself limited though. I often have to just cite my links and hope people read them.

I supposed I'd probably get smacked if I added an image that contained 200+ words of extra text, hmm? (just kidding, I know)

Keep up the good work Rdube

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join