It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2006 Debate Tournament

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If chosen I'll do my best

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Sorry beforebc, but the last round of the tournament just went to the judges. There's always next time though. Keep your eyes peeled.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Allow me to say... Damn!

I have just read through the complete debate and I applaud both competitors. Through 95% of the debate I was on the fence and just could not figure out who I thought had the upper hand, but in the end I think I came up with a winner in my mind but its only by the skin of their heels.

If I read the debate once more I could easily come out on the other end, so I really hope all of the judges read the debate atleast twice before making their vote. This one is simply too close to call, as I feel I may of came to a decision right now but I could not cast a vote for the member as I just would simply have to reread.

This has been an amazing finally for what was a great debate with its slow points. I wait anxiously to see who snakes that flag away from WyrdeOne.

Once again, Good Luck!

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Day 3...
have run out of finger nails... now chewing on other people's. The cops won't stop knocking on my door... possibly related. I'm so tired... the results should be here any day now... if I fall asleep I may miss them.

If anybody gets this, tell my professors not to fail me.

*puts message in bottle and throws it out on the front lawn*

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Vagabond won't beable to type in another day or so, he'll be down to the second knuckle on 7 of 10 fingers.

Someone give these judges a jolt of life can come up with some results. They have a fair amount of reading to do however, and the decision itself is not going to be a light one.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
When this post is bumped to the top of the New Posts list, how many people will come here right quick to see the results and only be let down to see its me.

Nygdan, are the results far off?

Excited to see who comes out on top.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Man Chissler, why would you even do that? I know I should have known since the debate itself wasn't bumped also, but still.

I'm not really counting on anything till monday. It would be realistic to think tomorrow or friday, but it seems like nothing happens on the weekends and it has been known to take over a week to judge these.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Everyone did an excellent job! Hope you all participate throughout the year!

Final Bracket:

You can all start throwing flowers and laurels now!

Ah, sweet sweet victory eh!?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hail To The King, Baby!

Way to go Vagabond!

You are the champion.

And congratulations to all the debate contenders for showing your stuff in ATS's most challenging cerebral arena.

Very nicely done!

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
congratz vagabond!!!

very very great work

all great job to all the debaters

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
congrads vagabond, you earned it. now im going back to discussing the UNs war on the freedom of speech lol.

rdube, you put up a great fight. it was well worth the read.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hey Grim: This is funny.

You have voted rdube02 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I gotta tell you man, a chill ran down my spine when I saw that the results were in. Great fight.

I'm absolutely blown away to have done this. For all the trash talk about "Old Guard" and "Young Blood" I gotta say that I was really impressed with the new tallent around here.

Thanks for doing that awesome stuff with my av too Nygdan.

I dont know what to say. I'd gloat, but it would feel dishonest considering the knot I felt in my stomach while this page was loading.

Edit to add: Just thought of something to say... do I have to add the pennant to my avatar or does it just get added in below like a WATS?

[edit on 4-5-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Just like a WATS.

Goes underneath.

On another note, take my pennant will you!?

: shakes fist :

You'll not get the smell out easily, I guarantee! Stale tobbacco and armpit vinegar don't just 'wash out', you're gonna have to dissolve the sumbitch and reconstitute it like a Pringles chip...

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
On another note, take my pennant will you!?

Well I ain't about to gamble it when I just got it, but maybe we'll scrap sometime.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Congrats Vagabond!

Same to all those who were involved, and to the judges.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Congratulations Vagabond! Rdube did give you a good fight though. The debate was well argued.

I wouldn't have wanted to be a judge on this debate.

Mahree

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Nice work Vagabond!
For all the arrogance you actually walk the walk as well!

I loved your take in the final debate, you one of ATSs greatest characters!

Congrats!

Commiserations to Rdube02, I know from personal experience you are a formidable opponent! Well done matey!

Dan

EDIT: I wanted to add some more to my post, so I did.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by bigdanprice]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I am a cocky son of a gun aren't I? It isn't personal though. I don't see others as being any smaller, I just see myself as being about 10 times my actual size.

Well fought all around, as I've said. You guys impressed me.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Congrats Vagabond! You earned it!!!!!!!

Rdube did a fantastic job hangin' in there w/ya though!

Great debate!

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I am a cocky son of a gun aren't I? It isn't personal though. I don't see others as being any smaller, I just see myself as being about 10 times my actual size.

Well fought all around, as I've said. You guys impressed me.

No, not you, just your head! LOL!!

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but it has taken be about a week to get over the fact that the debate was awarded to someone who wrote about genitals.

At least now I know what the judges here at ATS look for in a debate - next time I'll be quick to moon the judges and flip the birdy at my opponent every chance I get.

But after a week of reflection, I'm okay now....no really, I am. haha! Congrats Vagabond - regardless of all the trash talk, it was fun debating you. Still think I won the debate though - but I'm my own #1 fan, so I don't count. LOL

Congratulations Vagabond. I look forward to the day we can have a rematch.

-Ry

[edit on 8-5-2006 by rdube02]

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join