It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can be done?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ello folks...
For years now ive been preaching, Mostly about the corrupt world we live in and the 9/11 cover-up. But in the past few years ive mostly been told to leave it out. They have a point in saying i cant make a difference to whats happening around us with protesting and writing letters. but this makes me furious that all we can do is sit back and watch dictators rule.

People tell me to stop wasting mine and their time with conspiracies.... What happens when its alot closer to home and these people realise what is going on...

And is there really anything we can do??

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
And3h, I feel the same way,,,,,
One person can't do much but try to get other people to "do something" also.
Seems like an uphill battle, but the more people that are actively doing something about the problems in this world it raises the chance that it will reach the ears of someone that can help to solve the problem.

I know, really generalized answer, but it's my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
You must realise these people are extremely ignorant fools, idiots even.

Forget about them, use their advice and don't waste your time on them. Try and seek out the individuals less ignorant, and contact them in a private way.

Ultimately you must realise most people are very ignorant...I know I've already said that a few lines up, but this point cannot be overemphesised. They believe whatever the TV tells them, they think that just because something isn't on an "official" news source, it can't be true. They refuse to believe that the governments/elite/whatever are controlling the media.

Forget about the dumb bunnies.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Forget about the dumb bunnies.

Indeed. Their ego must play a big part in it, You sometimes feel sorry for them not seeingor wanting to see.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have been warning people online and offline for over 4 years now and no one will listen in MY AREA (they are all hopeless idiots and no offence to other native americans, these people are dolts where I live, i am not native american) but I have been able to find others who will listen who are not where I live. I guess its a matter of where you look and how you look for people.
Well I have been saying it for years myself: Protesting= useless
Petitions= AHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAH
Lobbying= you need a baseball bat to the side of the head before you think this will work.
Voting= uhhh the past two elections ring any bells?
To keep out the extremely pro-govt. people I will pm you from here on out.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Leaving aside the issues of political conspirecies (yea, or neah). If you want to foment change in the political arena, you must, must, MUST stay involved at whatever level you are most comfortable at.

Voting, signing petitions, supporting whatever issue it is that has you up in arms, supporting the political party of your choice. Regardless of noise to the contrary you still can support the party and issue of your choice. Do not let nay sayers stop you from voiceing your opinions (whatever they may be). Whilst we may not agree on an issue, that very disagreement is what makes the political world work.

I freely admit to being somewhat concervative in my views, particularly on certain social issues, but I've never believed in silencing views contrary to my own (Ignoring my views on neo-nazis and their odius ilk for the moment).

So you keep right on espousing your views, and I will keep on agreeing or disagreeing, Fight the good fight and eventually the world will change.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

They believe whatever the TV tells them, they think that just because something isn't on an "official" news source, it can't be true.

Sooooo True, I could go on and on about that one.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
And3h I feel your anger completely. It was 2004 when I first found out about the 911 conspiracies and other ones related to governments. I was completely shocked and wanted to tell someone badly but knew they'd think I'm a wacko. I showed my mom 911 conspiracy websites and she wasn't even surprised! She just told me she's known aout these conspiracies for a long time. So...I've just come to the conclusion that no one knows or no one cares
I'm still extremely angry aout that. The world is being ruled by a bunch of power hungry psychopaths and no one cares enough to do anything
People are so shortsighted, all they care about is their own insignificant lives. What a bunch of doorknobs. I'm starting to think whatever comes to them serves them right for being so stupid. I don't think enough people know and care about the conspiracies to be effective against it

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I've convinced a few of my friends and family. But when youve got it all out ( The thousands of points against Bush administration and 9/11 ect. ) I feel lost as to what to do now...

When mainstream news comes on you cringe at them... Same with bush

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I found this cartoon a while back that I think illustrates this feeling pretty well...

image from www.shutupandteach.org...

What you can do is contribute to a rapidly growing crowd of folks who for the first time in human history have an open exchange of ideas and information, the world rarely hears one voice in the crowd, but even the murmurs of many can and will be heard. You're not alone in the quest for truths, nor in the desire for change and this website is a good example of that.

mod edit to add source link

[edit on 21-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Intresting Cartoon.... You have a link to it?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by And3h
Intresting Cartoon.... You have a link to it?

"right click" on pic then hit properties, you will get to the source.....

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
hmmm, It sums up the situation well.
It is very aggrivating as i know there are lots of people knowing the stuff we all know but stuck for what to do.... Ive heard a statement before saying that the only solution would be to take up arms and fight for freedom. Although it seems like the only thing that the american people can do, even this wont help.

Can one big voice help? if so why hasnt it been a success already?? Who knows if the Elections can be rigged they have already selected there next in line President to continue this NWO and bush's plans.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
And3h asks "What can be done?"

If Preaching,
and pointing out the corruption in the world,
and the apparent 9-11 conspiracy,

are your passion and driving force...
then you are doing what You can,

are you expecting that everyone who does not share your view
should somehow...see the light and join your position?

charismatic leaders, with a power to motivate throngs of people,
have an enormous responsibility....to themselves & the common good

~peace~

[edit on 21-3-2006 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
And3h...

With the requisite apologies to the supporters of the Bush administration, many of us share your frustration. Many of us raised our concerns during the election, after 9/11, before the wars, and on and on. We've taken alot of guano as a result. But look at the polls. People (bless their pointy little heads) are beginning to catch on. A little late? Absolutely. But they are beginning to catch on.

Stay the course my friend. We have 2 choices: continue upstream and hopefully cause a few more people to think for themselves OR give-up and let 'them' win.

Given what we know to be true, the latter is simply unacceptable. Stay the course.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Those of us who have supported the WOT, and I include myself in that crowd, have not always marched in lockstep. I have had questions from the getgo, not so much who actually bombed the WTC, but as to why we continue to support regimes who are in their own ways fully as bad as Saddams regime. Saudi Arabia, and Egypt come to mind, with their own wonderful histories of human rights abuses.

Not all of us are doorknobs, my friend. We have some of the same issues with current power structures in politics and policy as you do.

All we can do is keep yapping, voting, and talking. Just remember, midterm elections are this year, make your voice heard. If we all do, then change will happen, it is enevitable.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Im from britain

But America being the biggest super-power then it concerns every other country. So i wont be voting

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Yeah rounding up a big group of people against it........sounds like the obvious thing to do.........but probably wont happen........the whole world is doomed!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The point is:
They do NOT care how many of you there is, if they did then bush would have been impeached or at least put on trial. If they cared then the war would have slowed down... in fact its speeding up. Its good you can get large amounts of people to protest it but have you stopped one bomb from falling? Also if you manage to force them "out of power" are you going to have the backbone to go after them and finish them off so they wont do it again? Again, 2008 will be the "kill switch" when it comes down to it. Either they will maintain or back off for the momment, rally, then come again and repeat history. Or they will be forced out all together and will be "exterminated" and thus we do not have to worry ever again. Sometimes the choice is ours sometimes its not, right now the choice is not ours, thus things need to change. Do not vote for the lesser of two evils or you are repeating history!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I agree with Vekar...

They don't care about how many people disagree with them, they know we can do nothing. They have all the power, all the guns, all the resources. Voting for someone in a system that is inately corrupt does no good, in the end you will be back where you started. The ENTIRE system must re-structured to effect any change at all, and that is not going to happen easily, if at all. Nobody out there is willing to do what needs to be done, at least right now. Biding your time seems to be the best option for the time being. Like was said before, people are mostly ignorant, and are too involved with everyday life to see past it. Those that can see what lies beneath can do nothing..If you did, you would be labeled "crazy" or "unpatriotic"... or even worse and end up incarcerated. Things seem to be coming to a head on a global scale anyway, and I personally don't expect to waiting much longer to see a big change, albeit a forced one.
So, I'm just going to sit back, prepare myself and those close to me as best I can(those that will listen anyway, I have the benefit of having a core group of friends that happen to think this way and have for years) and when the "fit hits the shan" figure it out from there. There are too many X factors and possiblities at this point to do much planning past that I think. Anyway, just adding my 2 cents or whatever...Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join