It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad makes nuclear threat on Israel. Oh yes he did…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Wait!! I thought Iran only wanted nukes for “peaceful” purposes? You mean they actually want nukes for weapons? NO WAY!

Man, I really hope none of you guys actually ever believed Iran when they said they only want nukes for energy.

Now I will preface this with Ahmadinejad did not actually say the words “We want to make nuke’s to destroy Israel”, but the meaning of what the actual words were are the same.

The quote:

“The regime occupying Qods (Jerusalem) was set up to create insecurity and confrontation in our region. If one day tranquillity came about, it would mean the death of this regime”, Ahmadinejad said in the northern town of Ramyan during a speech broadcast live on state television.

“Our enemies on the one hand oppose our nation’s acquisition of nuclear energy and on the other hand want to divert the attention of other nations from the key issue of Palestine to give an opportunity to the Zionist regime to prolong its existence”, he said.

Read that last line:

“…oppose our nation’s acquisition of nuclear energy and on the other hand want to divert the attention of other nations from the key issue of Palestine to give an opportunity to the Zionist regime to prolong its existence

He said it. Right there in black and white. The west does not want Iran to have nuclear weapons to help prolong the existence of Israel. You can’t interpret that any other way.

So let’s summarize a bit:

- Ahmadinejad calls for the death of America and Briton and the “west”

- Ahmadinejad says that Israel should be wiped off the map

- Iran declines many nations offers to enrich uranium for nuclear energy production

- Sources indicate Iran has an extensive nuclear weapons development program and is using enrichment talks to stall

- Ahmadinejad denies the holocaust happened

- Ahmadinejad holds summit against Zionism

- Iran develops 4000km range solid fuel rockets capable carrying nuclear warheads and of hitting all of Israel and parts of Europe (not a defensive technology)

- Iran Threatens U.S. With 'Harm and Pain'

How can anybody think Iran has any other intentions other than to create a nuclear arsenal. And what can that nuclear arsenal be used for? Maybe to make good on all Ahmadinejad’s threats against the world. Id say that’s a safe bet. After all, he just said it…

Some sources:
www.jihadwatch.org...
www.frontpagemag.com...
www.worldthreats.com...
michellemalkin.com...

[edit on 16-3-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You nailed it skippy but you will have those that still will defend Iran's nuke ambitions.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You can’t interpret that any other way.

Sure you can. You can interpret it to mean he thinks Iran's nuclear program is being used as a distraction in world politics and in the international press from the issue of Palestinian sovereignty, and that he believes Israel won't be able to stand against a unified Arab/Muslim world.

Having said that, it does make me quite curious why a country sitting on some of the largest deposits of oil and natural gas in the world would be pursuing nuclear technology as an energy source in such a manner to the exclusion of the international monitoring committee while its leader mouths such rhetoric against Israel and the West.

It all adds up to hidden agendas in anticipation of escalation of hostilities.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
LOL, no seriously skippy
how hard do you try? where dos it say that were going to threaten israel with nukes? why isn't it on mehr or fars news? how bout moreover iran or isna.com? Iran did NOT or EVER threaten israel with nukes. the same guy whos always lurking around "iranfocus", im sure everyone will believe you from the MKO site.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by Mehran]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
LOL, no seriously skippy
how hard do you try? where dos it say that were going to threaten israel with nukes? why isn't it on mehr or fars news? how bout moreover iran or isna.com? Iran did NOT or EVER threaten israel with nukes. the same guy whos always lurking around "iranfocus", im sure everyone will believe you from the MKO site.

The quote is real, your President said it, doesnt matter who reported it Mehran. And as usual, attack the source is all you have to defend your position, how about a structured response to what he said instead of denying he said it?

I understand you cant, somebody may be reading your responses and you cannot speak of such things...

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

LOL, no seriously skippy

The quote is real, your President said it, doesnt matter who reported it Mehran. And as usual, attack the source is all you have to defend your position, how about a structured response to what he said instead of denying he said it?

I understand you cant, somebody may be reading your responses and you cannot speak of such things...

answer me this please and i hope you read it loud and clear. WHERE DOES IT SAY WE WILL THREATEN ISRAEL WITH NUKES?.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Come on now, do you think it's as simple as acquiring a nuke, having the platform to deliver it, and sending it on it's way? Israel has nukes and the means to deliver it.

Are we conveniently leaving out Mutually Assured Destruction out of the equation? The Iranian gov may be seeking power, just like every other government, but I seriously doubt they are suicidal.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I dont think iran itself would be foolish enough to attack isarael with nukes ITSELF as they are relatively new to the nuclear poker game. I do however think the likelyhood would be high they would give it to a terrorist to use and blame the terrorist cell when they used it.

I also think it's highly likely israel will make airstrikes against iran very soon, in fact, Ive read an article on another thread where israel is urging their citizens to avoid certian spots in the middle east.

Israel has been pushing for US support, and of course they will probably get it, on the issue of using airstrikes against iran.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I've been reading this a few times. where exactly does he mention he's going to nuke israel?

if he actually has said that, I'm surprised this has not made it into western news agencies. IranFocus belongs to iranian opposition groups behind many terror activities inside iran (BS), so I'll take its news with one full bag of salt.

nor I believe he has denied holocaust ever happened. he came to a simple conclusion from these facts: Europeans killed 6 mil jews --> Europeans should have given them a piece of their own land, they did not --> holocaust is a myth. simple logic.

This article is worth checking out. very well thought work.

Iran has the U.S.’s number

I have been asked “why people are so reluctant to consider” the validity of “Holocaust” revisionism. I shall try to answer that, showing the relationship to Iranian President Ahmadinejad.

The principal obstacle to the propagation of revisionism is, simply, fear. At present, the entrenched legend is protected by a system of legal and extra-legal prohibitions (“taboos”). Nobody could dispute the truth of that statement in Europe, where laws in most countries specifically proscribe the expression of revisionist ideas as criminal offenses. For me, the most painful instance of that intellectual terror is the incarceration of my chemist friend Germar Rudolf, presently being held in solitary confinement in a maximum security prison near Stuttgart

make sure you read the rest here: kavkazcenter.com...

KEEP IT REAL

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
skippy please dont ever play any jokes on us again, or on april fools you might catch me make up a thread like you do and i'll say how America has threatened japan with nukes.... and what was the point of the other sources?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by proprog
I've been reading this a few times. where exactly does he mention he's going to nuke israel?:

- It doesn't.
Oh no he didn't.
Not even a little bit.

Icarus Rising was spot on with -

he thinks Iran's nuclear program is being used as a distraction in world politics and in the international press from the issue of Palestinian sovereignty, and that he believes Israel won't be able to stand against a unified Arab/Muslim world.

- But that just doesn't fit with skippy's agenda.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I suggest you read it a few more times. Im sorry that some of you cannot read between the lines and undertsand anything other than litteral meaning.

Just rea this line and THINK about the meaning of the words and the context they were used in. He does in fact state that he wants nuclear weapons to destroy Israel:

“…oppose our nation’s acquisition of nuclear energy and on the other hand want to divert the attention of other nations from the key issue of Palestine to give an opportunity to the Zionist regime to prolong its existence”

Im sorry that a few of you agendists cannot open your minds up enough to understand that statement. And look who is making that statement, the man who openly states he wants to wipe Israel off the map. But why am I trying? If you cannot get the context maybe you feel the same way....

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Im sorry that a few of you agendists cannot open your minds up enough to understand that statement.

call me ignorant, blind-minded, whateva you like, but I'm afraid I just do not interpret his statement the way you like.

And look who is making that statement, the man who openly states he wants to wipe Israel off the map.

If he has already made that clear, why we have another thread pickin on iranian democratically elected president. I bet there are quite a few other threads covering this nonesense.

Moderators, please close this thread.

KEEP IT REAL

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjcIm sorry that some of you cannot read between the lines and undertsand anything other than litteral meaning.

- What is this skippy?
Never mind the words actually said make it up as you go along to suit your prejudices?

“…oppose our nation’s acquisition of nuclear energy....."

- This is talking about those countries who oppose Iran's right to peaceful nuclear energy.

"..... and on the other hand want to divert the attention of other nations from the key issue of Palestine to give an opportunity to the Zionist regime to prolong its existence”

- and he then goes on to contrast this with their lack of attention to the "key issue" of Palestine.

Because if the world were to give full attention to that problem then the (as he describes them) "Zionist regime" could not continue as it does now.

Im sorry that a few of you agendists cannot open your minds up enough to understand that statement.

- I'm sorry that you have managed to take a plain and straightforward statement and managed to construct an imminent nuclear attack out of it.

No doubt you'll treat us all to umteen evidence free threads about how a 'nuclear program' = nuclear bombs and an attack on Israel/Europe/Russia/China/India (who are all supposedly 'within range') any second now.

You'll be making '45 minute' claims next!

And look who is making that statement, the man who openly states he wants to wipe Israel off the map.

- Ah, ok, so it isn't really about what he has just said.
Fine.
That's fair enough.
I agree he made a stupid statement a while back but it hardly heralded a sneak Iranian attack on Iarael.

......and now we know Israel has submarine launched nuclear warheads the idea that was doing the rounds a wee while ago (that Iran's phantom nuclear arsenal delivered by missile could destroy Israel and 'knock out' her retaliatory capacity) can be forgotten too, eh?

Cos deterrence exists and will continue to exist no matter what anyone tried (like as if Israel's retaliatory abilities wer ever in any doubt
).

But why am I trying? If you cannot get the context maybe you feel the same way....

- I often wonder that too skippy.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't get what you guys are arguing about here, other than maybe skippy stretched it a wee bit with the title of the thread. I'll give yas that, but on the other hand, he listed very good points to back up the JIST of what he is saying.

Why is it do you think Israel is so worried, to the point of preeminence, of Iran getting nukes in the first place? And further, why do you you think Iran hasn't stressed much concern over Israel attacking Iran with their nukes first, up until recently since Iran is threatening to become a member of nuke row? Because Israel is clearly in a defensive posture, and many indications are that Iran would not be if given the means by which to destroy Israel. There's only one thing worse than someone threatening to destroy your country, and that's someone threatening to destroy your country with nukes at their disposal to do it.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
As an Israeli I would like to offer the following. Iran nuclear ambitions are far from being peaceful in the sense that they want the technology solely for energy. ANyone who believes that Iran wish needs nuclear technology for electricity only is either a fool or deceiving himself. The fear of a nuclear armed Iran is not solely a fear of them attacking Israel by nuclear means it is a fear that Israel's nuclear deterent is neutralized.
A nuclear Iran means a Muslim WMD serving a caliphate of which Iran will head. Jordan, Egypt and Turkey will be less stable as a result since Muslim extremist elements in their country would wish to establish that caliphate in their respective countries. Any attempt by those countries to crush uprisings will be met by Iran coming to their defense.
An nuclear Iran means a destabilized middle east and, as a result, a dangerous world.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
As an Israeli I would like to offer the following. Iran nuclear ambitions are far from being peaceful in the sense that they want the technology solely for energy.

Why Israel is so worry about Iran nuclear ambitions, when Israel have the support of the US and also all the ammunition and nuclear weapons US can offer.

If Iran gets to feisty all Israel has to do is nuke them first.

BTW the link and the article Can be interpreted any way people wants I will not be surprised that the entire script to the words spoken by the Iranian leader were misquoted and misinterpreted.

Like everything else now we are fix on Iran and anything any of their leaders said can be used against them.

Count down to Iran take over.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Jihadwatch... frontpagemag... michelle malkin? What, no Newsmax, WND, ChronWatch, Memri, or Daniel Pipes? Sheesh. Okay though let's take a look at that Ahmadinejad said.

"“The regime occupying Qods (Jerusalem) was set up to create insecurity and confrontation in our region. If one day tranquillity came about, it would mean the death of this regime”, Ahmadinejad said in the northern town of Ramyan during a speech broadcast live on state television."

If there were pease, Israel would cease to be Israel. Even the Israelis know this - If suddenly everything became find and dandy between Israel and the rest of the Arab world, how long would Israel remain a Jewish state? By formenting an us vs. them division, Israel maintains it hegemony. Peace would bring with it acceptance of Arabs and Muslims in general. Israel as a "Jewish state" would vanish in less than 20 years. It's thus in their best interest to maintain strife.

"“Our enemies on the one hand oppose our nation’s acquisition of nuclear energy and on the other hand want to divert the attention of other nations from the key issue of Palestine to give an opportunity to the Zionist regime to prolong its existence”, he said. "

Israel is performing a "Wag the dog here". In order to distract the world from such actions as their latest instance of conducting a prison break, their theft of Palestinian land via their new wall, and other such crimes, they point toward iran, scream about nukes, and get all persecuted-like. Why? Because further instability in the region is good for Israel, as we have just covered.

Ahmadinejad is not threatening Israel with squat. He's calling it like it is - they're purposefully formulating strife in order to maintain their own national identity

[edit on 16/3/06 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
ANyone who believes that Iran wish needs nuclear technology for electricity only is either a fool or deceiving himself.

- Is that kind of bombast meant to stop debate about this?

The thing is that we had 24/7 monitoring of the Iranian sites along with on the spot inspections and a 'go anywhere' agreement too.

There was never a shred of evidence found to substantiate the claims about an Iranian bomb.

Just because you live a bit closer to Iran than I doesn't make you holder of the sole truth you know.

The fear of a nuclear armed Iran is not solely a fear of them attacking Israel by nuclear means it is a fear that Israel's nuclear deterent is neutralized.

- Well firstly there is no "nuclear armed Iran".
There is a nuclear armed Israel.

Actually this is interesting and probably closer to the truth than you meant.

It is quite untrue true that if Iran were to acquire nuclear weapons Israel's nuclear deterrent is "neutralised".
It would merely be matched.

A state of genuine nuclear deterrence would exist, as opposed to the one-sided threatening situation as exists now.

It seems to me that Israel can't abide the thought of that kind of equality.

You guys should take a leaf out of the east/west confrontation, having nuclear weapons was hardly the ideal state to be in but it undoubtedly did restrain the more insane aggressive tendancies amongst some of the 'ruling classes'.

No war is good, right?

A nuclear Iran means a Muslim WMD serving a caliphate of which Iran will head.

- These 'woulda coulda shoulda' stories are all very well........but how is this in the slightest bit different to the chemical and biological WMDs Iran holds now and has held for decades?

Jordan, Egypt and Turkey will be less stable as a result since Muslim extremist elements in their country would wish to establish that caliphate in their respective countries.

- Why?
WMDs already exist in Iran and it has not led to the Arab super-state you imagine........and in fact everytime such a thing has been mooted (by the political leaderships in Arab countries at times, not "extremists", and therefore surely a far more serious proposition) it has fizzled out, come to nothing and gone nowhere.

Any attempt by those countries to crush uprisings will be met by Iran coming to their defense.

- I suppose it's a very exciting story (for those who care to suspend their sense of reality) but there has been precious little sign of anything remotely like it to date.

Anyone can make up scary stories if they wish but that doesn't make them real or likely.

An nuclear Iran means a destabilized middle east and, as a result, a dangerous world.

- Perhaps you have failed to notice the effects of a nuclear Israel?

Would you call the ME stable now?

Do you really think the world is "safe" the way things are?

Israel is no 'white knight' in this, it has taken 2 sides to get where things are today and IMO this has gone on so long and each side behaved so revoltingly to each other at times that traditional notions of who is or was right or wrong long ago ceased to have too much meaning.

Israel will have to address the issue properly and equitably, the Palestinians are going nowhere.
Just as Arabs (or in the case of Iran Persians) have to come to terms with the fact that Israel is not going to go anywhere either.

2 states is the only answer and holding up Iranian bogeymen is not doing anything but delaying the day when the talking has to start in earnest.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   

skippy please dont ever play any jokes on us again, or on april fools you might catch me make up a thread like you do and i'll say how America has threatened japan with nukes....[edit on 16-3-2006 by Mehran]

ummm we did threaten japan. just days before we dropped the first one on hiroshima we told them it was comming.

you probably need to read some history books

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join