It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game on (time traveler riddles game)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
I'm assuming my submitted solutions were incorrect. Or is it that the winner will be announced at the closing of the "window"?

Mine too...?

Further connections for the phrase "skip five" that make me believe we're looking for Tau: each user with an email has their # correspond to the number in the backwards alphabet, by skipping _005 you look are skipping upsilon and on to tau (who's bio says "you must know me by my return"). What are we supposed to tell tau, he's never online.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well... I see that the U2U's I've sent haven't been checked... so either the "real" Time traveller will check U2U's, and the wrong ones just have the U2U's rot in their box for all of eternity, or the Traveller just hasn't checked his box yet.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
4 days left in the game and no one else care?

apathy at it's finest, dare I ask if a second failed game may be the last?

Just seeing if anyone else has yet to give up.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
hey I am still trying........................

I don't really think I HAVE IT but I have been enjoying the search and question. I have learned I make a very lame investigator.................

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I wish I had more time to play around with all the clues. From what I can figure, they are talking about one of the new xbox 360 games. There is a new one out called timeshift. There is also dreamfall, and a new tomb raider. Ive been checking out the new modern combat one as well, but mostly because my hubby would love it.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
from what I followed in this, is this supposed timetraveler doesn't seem to care much about any of the people from this time. If he had something important (that's if it's not a game) he would have told someone.

So my conclusion, don't give a $%% about it. The guy is an arrogant basterd, so why treat him differently and give him all the attention he wants.

Just my ramblings

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Stand united

Here I am with the final announcment. All that have been paying attention, take heed.

APR. 2006
A DEADLY VIRUS HAS MADE LANDFALL IN THE UNITED KINGDOM, THE START OF WHAT IS GOING TO BE A LONG AND DANGEROUS PATH FOR HUMANITY
In the years to come nations must unite to fight this and other worldwide threats. The human species will face its demise if countries maintain this aloof attitude to one-another.

Please pay heed to these warnings.
I know them not because I travel time, but because I am time itself. And I can offer this knowledge because of that.

To those who wish it, refer to next post.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by atled]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
(Posts presented in order of date referenced)

FEB 2004
YOUR WAR IS FOR NAUGHT AS THE HARD LINE WINS IN THE OCCUPIED TERRITORY

i.e: February 20 - Conservatives win a majority in the Iranian parliament election.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARCH 2004
ANOTHER ELEVEN DRIPPING IN BLOOD AND FEAR SENDS SHOCKWAVES THROUGHOUT THE WORLD

i.e: March 31 - Four American private military contractors working for Blackwater USA, are killed and their bodies mutilated after being ambushed in Fallujah, Iraq.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APR 2004
SHAME, OUTRAGE, INDIGNATION, AND COVER UP AS YOU TORTURE YOUR FOE.

i.e: April 28 - Abuse of prisoners at the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq is revealed.

MAY 2004
ONE OF YOUR OWN IS BRUTALIZED IN VIDEO THAT PRESENTS MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS

i.e: May 12 - An American civilian contractor in Iraq, Nick Berg, is shown being decapitated by a group allegedly linked to al-Qaida on a web-distributed video.

AUG 04
THE FREAKISH WEATHER BEGINS AND CONCERNED EYES LOOK TO THE CLOUDS

i.e: August 13 - Hurricane Charley kills 27 people in Florida after killing four in Cuba and one in Jamaica. Charley made landfall near Cayo Costa, FL as a Category 4 hurricane. Charley was the most intense hurricane to strike the United States
since Hurricane Andrew in 1992.
AND: August 16 - Severe flooding in the village of Boscastle in Cornwall.

NOV. 2004
THANKS TO SWIFT BOATS THE PRESIDENT REMAINS IN OFFICE FOR FOUR MORE YEARS

i.e: November 2 - U.S. presidential election: President George W. Bush defeats Senator John Kerry. Republicans make gains in the House and Senate.

DECEMBER 2004
THE INDIAN OCEAN IS NOT FOR YOU

i.e: December 26 - The strongest earthquake in 40 years originates from the Indian Ocean off the west coast of Sumatra island in Indonesia, measuring 9.3 on the Richter Scale and creating tsunami waves that sweep across much of the coastlines of Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, the Maldives, Burma, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. At least 290,000 people are confirmed to have died from South Asia to as far as South Africa.

1 2004
THE FIRST EVENT OF WHAT WILL BECOME A SERIOUS GLOBAL HEALTH CONCERN WILL EMERGE FROM THE GIANT RED STATE

i.e: Nothing of note relating to either the SARS or H5N1 diseases happened in this year. BUT the date in this post is undefined. ALSO, there is a reference to a health threat two years on from the year 2004.

JULY 2005
LONDON IS NOT FOR YOU

i.e: July 7 - Four explosions rock the transport network in London, three on the London Underground and one on a bus. Over 50 deaths were reported, and over 200 injured.

AUG '05
THE WARMING CONTINUES AND A MASSIVE STORM CAUSES AND ENTIRE CITY TO BE ABANDONED.

i.e: August 29 - At least 1,604 are killed, and severe damage is caused along the U.S. Gulf Coast, as Hurricane Katrina strikes the Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama coastal areas.

if this is all incorrect, I stand accused of messing up ats. Please shoot me.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by atled]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ok... I'm confused. The first post by atled looks like a clue, then atled posts the events and such in the next one, seeming as though he is a plyer in the game, and not part of it. His profile also suggests this. So what is the first post of him? A clue posted somewhere else, but reposted here? Or an actual clue from atled??

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
To quote John Titor:

"Balloons in balloons in balloons..........."

Personally I am confused beyong confusion at this juncture

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I havent been following this game too closely but if you look at atled's profile it says he's not part of this game.

Not sure if that helps at all.

JM

[edit on 30/4/2006 by Jamesmickael]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well, I suppose I'm out of this. I'm not sure what everyone else did, but I didn't fair to well with working out those clues. There are currently 2:20 hours remaining until April finishes according to GMT. Good luck to anyone else!

I wont have access to a computer until 10 hours after the deadline, so as you can imagine I'm not very happy.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Welp, got me. I hope they tell us when it is all over. Going by atled, and the greek letters, you would think we would be looking for Chronos, but you got me. Then atled says he/she is not part of the game? Too confused here. Looks like time is up. Oh well, was fun, but took too much......time.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
My guess is a little different than atled's. I agree that I thought we might be looking for a post or connection to chrono/s. Anyways just wanted to post it.

TTRG Variation - 10 Events Predicted

Omega (agemo) - SARS Prediction - 7/21/2003

ATSNN Article - Jan 2004

Other: In my past, your future of 2006, I will return with a key announcement.

Psi (isp) - Iran Majlis Election Prediction - 6/19/2003

Sources: BBC Iran Timeline or Wiki - Feb. 20, 2004

Conservatives gain control of parliament in controversial elections; their win is consolidated in a second round of voting in May. Thousands of reformist candidates were disqualified by the hardline Council of Guardians before the polls.

Other: I will need the help of one person when I return to confirm the events of which we spoke.
If all is well, my return will signal that disaster has been averted.

Chi (ich) - Madrid Bombings Prediction - 7/10/2003

ATSNN Article - Mar 11, 2004

Other: I came to this site because it will be popular at the time of my return. Stay aware and informed of the world around you as you watch and learn from my warnings. There is time to avoid the tragedies that wait you.

Phi (ihp) - Nick Berg Beheading Prediction - 4/16/2003

ATSNN Article - May 2004

Other: You will know me when I return by skipping five.

Upsilon (nolipsu) - Hurricane Charley Prediction - 7/16/2003

ATSNN Article - Aug 13, 2004

Other: My return is scheduled to take place before the sixth cycle. At that time, the one who knows me will be pulled aside to know what is to be known, to see what is to be seen, to learn all that time can offer, and attain the reward that is provided. You must know who I am. You must learn to see when I arrive. You must gather the information on each of my posts for my review. The one who finds and details each, and provides them to me, on the time of my return, at the place of my return, and in good faith seeks to learn what is to learn shall be elevated to attain the reward provided to me to give.

Tau (uat) Other: You must know what to say when I return

Xi (1ix) - President Bush is Reelected (Kerry loses) Prediction - 7/27/2003

ATSNN Article 1 or Article 2 - November 2, 2004

Other:
You must know my return.
Name my events.

Nu (qun) - Hurricane Katrina Strikes New Orleans Prediction - 11/17/2003

ATSNN Article - End of August

Other: When you know my return. Also, the total.

Mu (aum) - Abu Gharib Prison Scandal Erupts Prediction - 8/3/2003

ATSNN Article 1 or Article 2 - Apr 2004

Other: Find me, when I return. Do not reply.

Lamda (zadmal) - Tsunami Hits Southwest Ocean Prediction - 5/6/2004

ATSNN Article - Dec 26, 2004

Other:
One more.
Find me.
Tell me.

Kappa (2appak) - London Undergound Bombing Prediction - 3/31/2004

ATSNN Article - Jul 7, 2005

Other:
I move silently, never stopping.
A witness to all, but never telling.
A wind of change am I, but never changing.
Always gone, forever renewed.
A foe of all, silently killing.
Tell me what I am.

sdp333's answer: time
me: chronos/chrono

ATSNN Article/Source = Confirmation of Predicted Event

EDITED: Removed Bolded Clues (orig. from clue posts) to be under max char limit.

[edit on 5/3/2006 by swintersVT]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
One of the things I submitted was this:

You said name your events:

Sars pandemic (Jan 2004)
Palestine Elections (Feb 2004)
Madrid Bombings (March 2004)
Nick Berg (May 2004)
Hurricane Charley (Aug 2004)
Katrina/New Orleans (Aug 2005)
Abu Ghraib (April 2004)
2004 elections (Nov 2004)
London Underground Bombings (July 2005)
Tsunami (Dec 2004)

You spoke of returning once a tragedy had been avoided, which I believe is the attack on Sears Tower (April 19, 2004) that has been averted.

I sent that when he said when i return, name my avents... and that if he did return, it meant that another big thing had been avoided. Going from posts from ISP and such, I concluded it was the Sears tower thing. But seeing as how none of the U2U's and such I sent were read, I probably didn't have this or any other solutions correct.

I guess we just wait now until we get an announcement.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
We are almost 9 hours past the deadline! Oh please, someone take me out of my misery.

anyone?? now past nine hours . . .

[edit on 1/5/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The prize was not claimed in this game.

We will be retaining the X-Box 360 prize for a new game or event that will start soon after we move to the new servers.

The final solution for this puzzle game ended up being harder than expected, even though members expertly blazed through the early clues. As a consolation, there will be more than one prize associated with the next official ATS game.

Stay tuned.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
S.O., are you saying that after all that time we put into this, and all the "stuff" leading up to it in the begining, and we dont get to know what the answer was

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
We may extend this game based on what is currently "in play" with an alternative solution... revealing the expected solution would not be appropriate at this time.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Oh god. That just HURTS.

So is this game, with all the established clues and such, going to be incorporated into the next game you were talking about? All I want to know is the answer! Bugger winning an xbox, I just have to know the answer to all these confusing riddles!

oh, ahh, btw, will this transition to the new servers take much time? How long is ATS going to be offline? A few minutes at the most I would hope . . .

[edit on 1/5/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join