Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Game on (time traveler riddles game)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
well, I'm also clueless still. norkimo is part of the game, and seems to be logged in since the game became active again. still is at the moment.

I'm just going through some last hunches, but they might be too far-fetched, but hey, what would you espect on this board,
it has lost some fun, I must add..

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
O.K., something wierd to share.....

I was searching through the backwards-Greek letter members again to see if anything was *different*........when I searched for isp, it said that isp only had one post. I assumed it was the same "elections" post clue as before. However, when I pulled up all of isp's posts, 3 MORE threads popped up that isp has participated in. Those were NOT there when this game started. It appears that he changed his identity in THOSE threads recently from what his original name was. If anyone remembers those threads and the true identity of isp, then you may have this game wrapped up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
They don't have time traveling clues.....just general participation chit chat of the thread topic. But when you look at isp's location in those threads, it says he's traveling time. Why would our time traveler insert himself in these particular threads after the fact? Does it give a clue to his identity?

I'm going to look at the other names and see if I find similar postings. BTW, if someone has already won, then disregard this!!

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdp333
BTW, if someone has already won, then disregard this!!

Yesterday was the first day someone could have won so I doubt anyone's won yet.

Tomorrow will be interesting as that's when the game really starts.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The difference between those "new posts", which I found some time ago, is that the game's isp is all lower case... the one in the three threads is ISP, all capitals. I think they are different people, but the search just somehow strings the two together since one is ISP and the other isp... but I could be wrong... who knows.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
the posts from the lower case isp don't show up in the places they should in the archives of the wayback machine, at those times.. the threads were altered. these are 3 examples of that :

web.archive.org...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13212

web.archive.org...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23796

web.archive.org...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13995

The 3 posts from ISP, do show up on the wayback machine, at the right place... :

web.archive.org...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread43402/pg2

web.archive.org...

web.archive.org...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread36484/pg2

welll, that's all for now... continue to looky looky, searchy searchy!

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So I guess I was right in that they are seperate people. I also figured that ISP was not part of the game because the post type was not the same as isp... or at least I think that's what I remember.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by phiniks
norkimo is part of the game, and seems to be logged in since the game became active again. still is at the moment.

I haven't seen Norkimo NOT on since around the time we were getting the last sets of clues... I don't think he's ever logged off snce that time. Maybe that is significant somehow?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
norkimo's profile has been updated to reflect a similar last active date as the other backwards greek user names. Also, the user norkimo finally was not signed on to ATS.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
well, that;s it... he left, it's all over now.. doom is at hand.. whoooo!!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The window for the "appropriate" action will occur between midnight GMT 3/30/2006 and and midnight GMT 4/30/2006.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The window for the "appropriate" action will occur between midnight GMT 3/30/2006 and and midnight GMT 4/30/2006.

Yeah, more clues than that would help...

Out of curiousity, does ANYONE have a handle on this game at all? You don't have to give up your info but I'm really interested to know if everyone else is as stumped about this as me. Like WHO are we supposed to FIND and list all these events!!!
My hand-written notes on this game are starting to look like chicken scratch!!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
ah well, can someone tell us what this was all about now, please

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think I've pretty much given up on this one. Everytime I find something that could really work, something seems to always contradict it. I still Thnk I got a date out of the whole mess, but I doubt it's correct.

Perhaps if more clues are introduced or something, I may continue.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If this cannot be answered, I undestand, but does the informatio provided also provide how we must present the solution? Because right now I feel that if I did find connections and such that I feel could be an answer, I'm not sure if I'd know how to answer this game.

So the question is, does the clues also provide the means of answering?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Yes, I believe they would. How else could your typical member be expected to complete the puzzle? Mods are not supposed to help at all. So it appears SO has broken his little rule, anyway.

90 per cent? Damn. Ill revise my notes.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think it means post an archive of the information somewhere. I've u2ued the info to nokrimo, but i guess that isn't the correct action.

Remember one of the posts says "contact me when I return" so I assume that the meaning of "window" is window of time he has returned. But who?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well, the guy could've at least posted in here.. doesn't seem to have much care for his forefathers.. and we are all putting so much energy in it. I say.. leave it.. he wasn;t worth it. or the reason he did it wasn;t worth it.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
After reviewing the posts above, I understand that a few of you believe lower-case "isp" and upper-case "ISP" are two different users.

However, why do BOTH of their locations state that they are "traveling time"?

Don't you think that is just too coincidental given the nature of this game?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The clues lead me to believe the "correct action" is to detail all the events in the posts, then contact the correct user with the information. The riddle for 'ihp' would lead me to believe that the correct user to contact is 'ip' or '2appak' by "skipping five" either by user name or by posters. Or maybe it's to 'The_Time_is_now' hahaha
. Only the problem is that none of them have been on, except norkimo and that's a non-posting user.

i've hit them all up. 10 events, 11 riddles. Anyone else? admin?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm assuming my submitted solutions were incorrect. Or is it that the winner will be announced at the closing of the "window"?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join