It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The murder of Olivia Jane Ward.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
On the night of September 9th, 1989, 16-year-old Janie Ward went out with her friends to attend an unofficial class party. At some point during the party she allegedly fell backwards off a nine-inch high porch and died as a result of the injuries. The Medical Examiner for the state of Arkansas ruled her death an accident despite the fact she had a broken nose, jaw, neck and water in her lungs. To this day her family fights for justice.

www.prweb.com
So why would the highest authorities in the state conspire to cover-up the death of a young girl, using tactics that included obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, perjury and extortion? Politics. The investigators at Safetynet Associates believe that a web of deceit was woven to protect those actually responsible for Janie's death.

Informants have told investigators that Janie's death involved the daughter of the judge with jurisdiction in Janie's case and a state trooper.

There was the boy who was shot trying to stop Janie's death. He left the state that night, assisted by state troopers.

There was the witness that decided to come forward and spill the beans on Janie's death. He was shot dead before he could make a statement.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Of all the subjects I've read and posted on ATS, this is one that I can say with certainty is a conspiracy by the state to cover up a crime. The state of Arkansas is fighting tooth and nail to keep the murder of Janie Ward from ever being solved.

Related News Links:
www.arwar.org
www.sierratimes.com

[edit on 21-3-2006 by asala]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of those two boys killed on the train tracks in Arkansas back in the late 1980's, as well. That story still intrigues me to this day, and is definitely in my top 10. Whats not to love? Murder, drugs, politics, CIA, smuggling, etc.

Very sickening, and frightening, story about this girl. Thanks for bringing this one to our attention!

-Rasputin13

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I cant belive how many times this story has changed. That poor girl and her parents. It's obvious that the beaty queen girls family had money and power. Her temper was confirmed by other altercations. How can 2 diffrent witnesses come forward and die. Hello the girls father was a judge had power and money. Look at OJ. He had money and got off. To her parents if justice is not served here on earth that girl will get what she deserves in hell. Make her take a lie detector test. I have absolutely no knowledge in criminal law. How can I be the first one to say make her take the test. I will pray for her family.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Murder cases are one of my guilty pleasures. I've only heard little bits and pieces of this one and never really bothered to look into it, but I think you may have just inspired me to look into it a bit more.

I can totally see how a judge in that position would pull to have it covered up, though. Interesting, to say the least.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Although a different murder motive, this case reminds me of the Martha Moxley murder which involved cousins of the Kennedy's. It took 27 years for a trial and convinction in Martha's case and I hope that Janie's parents do not have to wait that long.

Thanks for posting this story. Justice certainly isn't blind.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I just watched that story on tv an hour ago.

Very sad indeed. The first two autopsies showed hard evidence and then 18 years later this guy wants to trump them both and say that she "choked" and blame the prior doctors who did the autopsies of creating the damage to the body.

I also feel badly for the parents of the girl. They had hope for justice and didn't get it. The body was even reburied before they arrived to see her put back into her grave. How coldblooded.

Yes, the main suspect was proven to have been violent and according to one testimony by her victim she "charged me like an enraged bull"

She broke another girls nose. Neither case was accepted by the locals.

The "beauty queen" didn't fare to well with age. She is very unattractive now at 35. There was daddy the judge by her side during her brief speaking out on the show tonight.

I would have to say that if she was suspected and thought around town to have killed Olivia then the other kids at the party had to have known something I would think.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I watched too. It's awfully bizarre. I don't know that I'm willing to accept the idea of choking. How come ABC or the investigation never went in depth with the wet clothes, and in other things I've read online now the missing reports of the death... Which were the only reports missing on the file. And the other guy being shot at the party? How did that not make the story?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I find it curious that lie detection was not brought up in the questioning. In other words, I would have liked to see them ask, "Are you willing to take a lie detector test?" I would have liked to see the results of the test for the witness and the suspect.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
19 years ago my mother left her marriage and got mixed up with a abusive man from a very small town. He owned and ran a very well known bar with illegal gambling in the back rooms which many town officers would attend. The man was also very good friends with the Sherriff and grew up with him. My mother was found dead with several bruises on her and some very unusual circumstances, that night her boyfriend had friends come visit him from out of state and she was to meet up with them at the bar which she helped managed, when she arrived there - witnesses said he was irrate and cursing at her for interupting a gambling game - She was found outside her mobil home curled up at 5am dead - he stated he took her home around 12 - the autopsy states she passed around 1:30 or 2. Since her boyfriend abused her and poisened her with alcohol, she was depressed. I found out she had tried to put him in jail for beating her and they would always let him go immediatly and not hold him. she was only 35. The case was never even looked at. A cousin of my moms from another town worked in the police dept, and he tried to sniff around but was told to butt out or else. I understand my mom may have had a high alcohol level and that caused her to pass out but all the pieces dont fit. I know he acted really fake at the funeral and when he seen me he started to fake cry, it was all a act. He room mate who has a mental disablility said she was afaid to talk to anyone and that she wasnt allowed to. My moms purse was outside with her and her licence had been removed. She had brusies from her neck down to the bottom of each of her arms I had to make sure she wore a turtle neck to cover at her funeral, as well as many facial brusies they had a hard time covering up to make her look presentable. To many questions... Alot of people knew my mom. I have many unanswered questions I will probably forever have so I feel for this Olivia Jane Ward and her family, I know how the unclosure feels . It is hard to understand how some people in this world could be so cruel to another human - and my mother was the sweetest dearest, nicest friend you could make. This young lady never had a chance to become a woman - its so sad possibly at the hand of some very violent , cruel, jelious, evil selfish mixed up kids. I truely wonder where compassion is being taught anymore. A cover up is very possible in my situation as well, nothing suprises me in this life anymore.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I watched the tv program as well. It is very hard to believe that 2 autopsies can give so much evidence & then wham, the 3rd nothing? I'll tell you what I think! There is no hope in the justice system. That judge paid everyone off. The one boy was shot & the other had to disappear. (So it was posted in a previous posting & if so, why was this not on tv too?) Another cover up I guess. You tell me! I have seen the justice system up close & personal & those judges can do whatever they waat to do. I am sorry for the parents long time grief. I think we all know who did it. She will pay for her sins in the end. I hope that even though things didn't work out the way we all thought they would, I think in a way Janie can start resting in peace. Poor thing. I hope that beauty queen suffers & burns in hell in the end.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I am sorry that Olivia Jane Ward did not die a more heroic death. RIP.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I am just sick over this murder..........she was killed by the so called beauty queen and poor Janie will not rest in peace until Sarah is in jail. The judge is as quilty as his daughter, and both will rot in hell.
I will prayer that this will eat away on Sarah until she finally confesses and until then........maybe.........God will consider a place for her in heaven.
I say get lie detector tests on the witness, Sarah, and her father.
I hope someone somewhere steps forward and solves this once and for all.
JTUCKER

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am from Marshall, Ar where this all happened. I can tell you all that what you saw on the tv program last night was not entirely true. There was a huge scandal in the town surrounding this case. It is believed that Sara ( the beauty queen ) who I know personally is the actual killer. I knew her to be very hostile when she was challenged in any way. She left town right after all this due to the fact that all 1300 people in Marshall wanted her gone. She is a killer who remains at large and thanks to her father she always will be. I also know other girls who were involved...one of them being my sister in law who was best friends with Sara and still talks to her to this day. They both insist that the lie about Olivia falling off the porch is what happened...but when pressed both them refused to give any details or explanation.

The bottom line is that small town corruption does exist. And, if your dad is the judge in that small town...you can get away with murder. Even if Olivia's murder was accidental those involved deserve to be punished for lying about it all these years. My opinion is that Sara, her father, and those other girls involved will be punished...not by the law but by God himself. My hope is that someone will come forward and justice will be served to the point Olivia's parents and family can finally move on with their lives.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I agree with you, if the now young mother wishes to clear her name, she needs to get a lie detector test done. It would be a hoot if she fails, just like the one Diane Zamora took while in prison to corroberate her story that her boyfriend killed Adrienne, and that he was the mastermind of the whole murder! Even today, Dianne is a pathetic and psychopathic liar!

The beauty queen's history of physical violence concerns me, since she sounds like she's more than willing to brush off her attacks on two female students (one being the homecoming queen!), and both their reports against her are dismissed!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The criminal cover-up of Janie Ward makes me ashamed to say I'm an Arkie.

Native,

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
the best way for this case to get across nationally is to put it on Youtube. Why havent they asked all parties involved for a lie detector test?
The final finings of her having been choked are ridiculous. Explain away everything else, such as the wet clothing and bruising..

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
sarah patterson has grown a fat suit of guilt since then..ex beuaty quenn is right...when you are ugly on the inside, it eventually overtakes your appearance

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What the Judge and Mr. Foster forget is that personal mistakes can cause great political and personal grief. Think about it boys, y'all better think about the near term future of your lives.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I hear that... I couldn't answer to my creator for that kind of ignorance. Words can only mean so much in so many ways, if I knew them I would use them to explain the disappointment I have with our justice system. I know for a fact that 30 year old cases have been solved with little evidence still remaining. May God have mercy on us all because we all commit sins, but damn this girl died with to many unexplainable contradictions. I sure hope her parents will find answers sooner than later. But if latter is the case, and they proove to be what they just thought. God please don't have mercy on those that commited this horenous, and unresolved crime. Because the truth set you free and hidding only makes its burn more. I almost actually feel sorry for the murderer because that's really gonna be hard to answer to many years down the road when your dying and haven't anyone else but the powers that opens there arms to you. RIP Olivia and parents.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join