It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAE buys British firm that runs U.S. military facilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They're buying up everything!

WASHINGTON — The United Arab Emirates intends to operate U.S. military factories.

The Bush administration has informed Congress of a review of the UAE acquisition of a British manufacturer of engine components for U.S. military aircraft and main battle tanks. The British firm operates nine factories, including military production facilities in Connecticut and Georgia.

Officials said Dubai International Capital has acquired the London-based Doncasters Group for $1.2 billion. Doncasters produces engine components and turbine blades for military platforms, and its clients include Boeing, General Electric, Honeywell and Pratt and Whitney.

World Tribune

I have mixed feeling over the port deal but this is different. We can't let our military production be outsourced. With America running on the just in time system a purposeful delay could shut down production of many vital defense systems. This is a lot more important than loading and unloading ships.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This is about a country buying up companies to make their own armaments.

Its not just Doncater, but AE Turbines that are both manufacturers of turbine engines that are being bought up from the UK.

Any company will sell to the highest bidder. That stands to reason. The fact that British companies have been operating in the US means that that the US bought into them in the first place. They maybe the highest shareholders, therefore they can sell to the highest bidder, regardless of nationality.

The UK MOD closed Vickers down 15 years or so ago, who manufactured tanks. IE the Challenger II. They were able to make them cheaper elsewhere.

Not sure if this some kind of out sourcing, but may just be money making in the long term.

As for Vickers UK, i have a great deal of knowledge about this company, the same can be said of AE Turbines.............

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Any company will sell to the highest bidder.

I think not.

Any competent student of History can see that the key to US and Allied world hegemony for the past sixty years is airpower (and, re the Ports deal, seapower). Any competent student of military strategy can further see that the way to break that hegemony is to weaken allied airpower. Aircraft are quite fragile, as is the infrastructure to produce, maintain and deploy them. That is the real intent of the 911 attacks: to weaken US and allied airpower, by ruining the aircraft and air transportation industries and the training infrastructure that produces the next generation of military pilots through draconian and ineffective security measures.

Historians will look back on these infrastructure acquisitions as part of the economic warfare component of a multigenerational strategy to weaken Allied air and sea power.

Homeland security should have rescued New Orleans, instead they searched the rescuer's carry-on luggage while the city drowned. Now they are standing by while the guns and butter factories are being sold. These sales should be prevented on National Security grounds. Period.

Call me a patriot, but there are some folks I wouldn't sell to at ANY price.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

WASHINGTON — The United Arab Emirates intends to operate U.S. military factories.

The Bush administration has informed Congress of a review of the UAE acquisition of a British manufacturer of engine components for U.S. military aircraft and main battle tanks. The British firm operates nine factories, including military production facilities in Connecticut and Georgia.

Officials said Dubai International Capital has acquired the London-based Doncasters Group for $1.2 billion. Doncasters produces engine components and turbine blades for military platforms, and its clients include Boeing, General Electric, Honeywell and Pratt and Whitney.

World Tribune

I have mixed feeling over the port deal but this is different. We can't let our military production be outsourced. With America running on the just in time system a purposeful delay could shut down production of many vital defense systems. This is a lot more important than loading and unloading ships.

This, along with the ports deal, is the beginning of the end I fear. I just do not understand this country, or our government anymore. I am going to buy a bunker and stockpile it with everything I need to survive. Do we have a survivalist thread on ATS?

[edit on 3/6/2006 by Kaotik68]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The port deal is just a diversion created by those with agendas to falsely alarm people. Why don't people actually look up the actual terms of the deal? And while your at it check out the west coast ports that are operated by China.

Next realize that some of the most significant US Navy ports and facilities outside the CONUS are in the UAE. Anyone want to guess which company has operated and continues to operate those ports? Please people wake up and use your brains and deny the hype.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
WHat's new anyways? The ports were owned by Britain to begin with. The same for most of the country being owned by foreign influences.

America doesnt want to think that foreigners own more of America then loyal Americans do. They don't think people would try to cave the country in. They dont want to beleive that we are being undermined. They dont want to beleive that our highest echelons are infiltrated by people with agendas so far different then what is "american" and "normal".

Noone will do anything. The militia has been disarmed by arms control anyways. What could we do? Getting fat Americans to put themselves into a potential dangerous situation to save their chicken wings would be nearly impossible. Those that did would probably be a minority and demonized anyways.

What do you expect for a society that self inflicts capitalism. Not everybody wins in capitalism, only the lucky ones. And it is luck, it has nothing to do with how smart people are. At least the majority of the rich in this country are not smart and definatly not more deserving then the rest. And when foreign banks can print their own money and siphon it into the US to buy into companies or start up companies, it makes an unfair situation.

I could start an internet service provider company if I had overhead. I could start a telephone company if I had overhead. I could start a movie studio or a newspaper if I had overhead. Foreign persons who are operating on behalf of foreign countries have a huge advantage because they have unlimited resources.

But what can you do? go unibomber? Thats a sort of helpless situation. Most people don't care. They will just roll over and hope they can maintain their lifestyle while satanists and greed runs the puppet show.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Maybe they will divest this, just like they did the port deal. We can only hope.....

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

Last week or so I posted info about the UAE buying up ACME,
Albertsons, and Shaws grocery store chains.

I'm sure that there are many other things they are buying
that we haven't been made aware of.

new topics

top topics

join