It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you tell if someone is a mason?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyxquarra Xxxendra HoTTch
8: Since Spiders are natural builder (Making webs of many styles) and so are birds (Nests) How do Masons regard these creatures?
Birds? No. Spiders? No. Bees? Yes...

The Bee Hive

Is an emblem of industry, and recommends the practice of that virtue to all created beings, from the highest seraph in heaven to the lowest reptile of the dust. It teaches us that, as we came into the world endowed as rational and intelligent beings, so we should ever be industrious ones; never sitting down contented while our fellow creatures around us are in want, when it is in our power to relieve them, without inconvenience to ourselves.

When we take a survey of nature, we view man in his infancy, more helpless and indigent than the brute creation; he lies languishing for days, months and years, totally incapable of providing sustenance for himself, or guarding against the attack of the wild beasts of the field, or sheltering himself from the inclemencies of the weather.

It might have pleased the great Creator of heaven and earth to have made man independent of all other beings; but, as dependence is one of the strongest bonds of society, mankind were made dependent upon each other for protection and security, as they thereby enjoy better opportunities of fulfilling the duties of reciprocal love and friendship. Thus was man formed for social and active life; the noblest part of the work of God; and he that will so demean himself as not to be endeavoring to add to the common stock of knowledge and understanding, may be deemed a drone in the hive of nature, a useless member of society, and unworthy of our protection as Masons.
sacred-texts.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Yes, we do exist. I am Goth and a Mason. I even know of 5 Pagan Masons at my lodge. One is even the Chaplain.

Slan

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NWObringer

Just ask if the person is a Mason. We are not THAT private and need to avoid the public. I wear my ring proudly and even have a couple of bumper stickers who say I am. 2b1ask1 is a very popular bumber sticker in my area.

Slan

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by keltdruid65

you wear your ring proudly, but the real question is, .....do you wear it in your lip or on your hand?

JK. Nice to meet you brother. Is masonry big in the Goth community? (that was a real question)

what state if you don't mind me asking?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

LOL I do NOT wear it in my lip (no piercings there). It was my father's and his father's before him.
As far as I can tell, I am the only openly Goth that is a Mason in my area; although one Brother who is Pagan MIGHT consider himself Goth.

I am a proud member of Oriental Lodge #453 in Tennessee. I am a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason, Southern Jurisdiction. I am also the Chaplain of the Knights of ST Andrew in the SR.

And yourself?

Sorry mods for the off topic post.

Slan

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by keltdruid65

Palmyra #147 in Beautiful Dunn, NC, 32nd degree Scottish Rite southern jurisdiction, (Valley of Wilmington) (just started being part of the degree team and starred in the 28th degree two weeks ago.)

Just an average 40 year old plump man with 3 kids. One who swayed toward goth a few years ago. No offence, but thank God that's over.

Nice to meet you.

Mike

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
funny how it turned so fast to a debate on several things about the masons that would do one no good in determining if someone is one. Well i can tell you that They "feel" different to be around than most other people. They will usually be well dressed, straight shoulders and back (upright). Now i wouldnt be scared of a mason. Just dont go double crossing them or anything

now, Degrees arent rank, but one needs to be a certain degree in order to innitiate new members, and things of like ideals. The symbols people mention actually shape to form star of david, or shield of david, or several other terms i am sure

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The only mason I've ever met I identified by a symbol I recognized from this very forum (I think it was on his jacket, not sure anymore), so I asked him straight up if he was a mason and he said he was without hesitation. I don't think most people hide their membership, but then I'm judging by only one person I've met, as well as the masons in this forum.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

And there is no need to really disguise yourself as being a Freemason. I wear my ring with pride and i am never ashamed to let anyone know that i am a Freemason. Ask any Mason if they are a Mason and i bet you not one of them would say otherwise.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

1: Are Masons and Freemasons the Same thing or not?

In Masonic ritual, the organization is usually referred to as "Freemasonry", and the individual is referred to as a "Mason".

2: Are Masons Sexist or Racist to any degree? (no pun intended w/ degree)

When South Africa was under the apartheid regime, Freemasonry was the ONLY organization or club which was given (special) permission by the government to allow black, as well as white, members.

From my personal experience, very few Masons are racist.

In my opinion, I have found many Freemasons to be quite sexist (but probably no higher than the general population of men.)

3: When was this Organization founded? I'm actually getting the feeling that it was around before the 1400s.

Formal Freemasonry started in 1717, but the rituals and practices are much older.

4: Isnt the two headed Eagle the Norse Thunderbird that shot lightning from it's eyes?

Neither are Masonic symbols, nor have any relation to Freemasonry.

5: Does the phrase: 'Brotherhood of the Nation' Mean anything to any of you?

Nope. Freemasons are a brotherhood of man under the fatherhood of God.

6: What happens if someone who is either a Mason or NOT a Mason goes around spreading word that Masons are dangerous and are used to threaten people like for Example: 'I'm gonna tell the Masons about you and we're gonna come down and burn you at the cross!"

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
10: is there a Masonic symbol w/ a letter A instead of a G?
No.

I haven't seen one, but the compass is a strongly masonic symbol and it is often depicted like an A without the bar in the middle, so the question might be referring to that. In which case, it is a masonic symbol, but it isn't representing a letter.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There are many black Mason's and even Catholic Mason's.

The Church don't like them much.

My Father is a Mason as was his father as was his father.

He also is a Shriner.

Murat temple in Indianapolis.

The Shiners have Children's hospitals around the country where they treat children without any cost to the family.

Mason's and Shriner's are GOOD people that do good work.

Went to a Shrine convention in San Francisco once to visit with my parents who was attending it.

I couldn't believe the number of people from all over the world there.

Africa,Asia,Europe, South America they were all there.

Their parades are cool too.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

Originally posted by Saurus
10: is there a Masonic symbol w/ a letter A instead of a G?
No.

images.google.ca...://preciousandrarepieces.com/images/6675c.jpg&imgrefurl=http://preciousandrarepieces.com/finevintage14kgoldm ensmasoniclodgeringestatejewelry.aspx&usg=__9J6ntnwig4bTNoHPueSWeGNO_VM=&h=289&w=300&sz=15&hl=en&start=25&tbnid=L6j2xZkU-Yi48M:&tbnh=112&tbnw=116&prev =/images%3Fq%3Dmasonic%2Bring%2B%252B%2B%2522A%2522%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D18

might be why one thgouht they saw an A.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
hmm dont mind the extra crap sorry. but if one looks, the masonc symbols in the positioning on the ring give the appearance of the letter A

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
her eis the right link sry

src ="http://preciousandrarepieces.com/images/6675c.jpg">

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by THIseNdsnowoldKings

Actually what you're not seeing there is the G. The square and compasses are regular in that ring, but there's a G behind the compasses that is making what you're mistaking for a crossbar in an A.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
just slice them open, if there is a reptilian hiding inside, you gotcherself a mason, yeeeeehawwwww!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by srslyguyz
just slice them open, if there is a reptilian hiding inside, you gotcherself a mason, yeeeeehawwwww!

I insist to be the first one to be cut open. My wife keeps claiming that I ate the skinny guy she married. maybe he is in there too.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Can we get back to the original OP? You can tell by the emblem on my car, my ring, perhaps my T-shirt, or golf shirt. Maybe the pin on my suit. Or my attitude and actions towards others I meet daily. Lots of ways to tell.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Masons are a lot like communists. They too do not rally know WHO they serve.

The more I know about masons, the more I am not impressed with them - at all. Following rituals, making myself look silly, behaving in an obedient manner...not for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join