It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you tell if someone is a mason?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
And this answers the OP how? I "rally" don't know ,it's off-topic . (Mods???) I answered the question posited in the original post. An off-topic opinion did not contribute to this discussion.

[edit on 11/21/09 by scooterstrats]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by herbivore

And this answers the OP how? I "rally" don't know ,it's off-topic . (Mods???) I answered the question posited in the original post. An off-topic opinion did not contribute to this discussion.

sorry for extranea

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
"Following rituals, making myself look silly, behaving in an obedient manner...not for me."

Thats cool too. But, do you live in society, follow societal norms, conform to laws? Yes pal, it is for you whether you realize or like it. You would not be able to post here otherwise. Yes, this post may also identify me as a Freemason. Deal with it. Freemasons conform to each item that you say is not for you.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by herbivore
Masons are a lot like communists. They too do not rally know WHO they serve.

I do - Masons do not serve anyone.

The more I know about masons, the more I am not impressed with them - at all. Following rituals, making myself look silly, behaving in an obedient manner...not for me.

Not for most people, I guess.

Fortunately for me, I am one of the lucky ones who don't mind, and I have become a better man because of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Someone mentioned in this post someplace (sorry not going back 4 pages to find who)lol, how do you join the masons, yesterday a bank here in town had a thing on there electronic sign that said "want to be a freemason? open house on" by then i was past the sign , but think it was funny after reading this post yesterday, seems they are getting a little more public on how to join. i will see if i can get a pic of it sometime today. just for the WTFness of it.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by keltdruid65

After review and someone notifying me:
I need to make a correction on this post: the chaplain of the lodge I am a member of is not Pagan. I meant to say that there is a Pagan as a Chaplain of another Masonic body-see the post I made after this one I am correcting.
My apologies.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
People who are Freemasons often times wear a Masonic Ring. Some have emblems (the square and compass) on their clothing. There are about five or so "secret" handshakes that often identify masons as well. You might enjoy looking into the book "Secrets of the Freemasons" By Michael Bradley.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I can't believe this post is still floating around. I posted to it almost 4 years ago.

Anyway, it is still entertaing reading some of the nonsense that passes for information about Masons.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NWObringer

33 degrees? I have books from my grandfather, he was a master mason. the book is called the Master mason, written in the 50s. There are only 3 degrees according to the book. Master is the 3rd and highest degree. Then there is grandmaster which rules over the grand lodges, Private msg me for a link to the book as I have scanned and uploaded it to the internet, just dont want ANYONE reading it as its Private and confidential.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Prime-Vector

True, there are thre degrees in Masonry and the 3rd, Master Mason, is the highest that one may achieve. But there are appendant bodies, whose membership requires that you be a Master Mason to join, which have further study in Masonry. In the Scottish Rite system there are 32° that are conferred regularly, and a 33rd degree which is an honor given to Masons who have served the Scottish Rite. The York Rite system, on the other hand, has, I believe, 14 degrees.

There are deprecated systems, such as Memphis-Merriam, which I think had 98 degrees.

None of these outrank a 3rd degree Master Mason, they're just additional study with more allegory and symbolism.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sharkman

how is it in the east?

is the seat a bit warm at times? Or are you a cool customer?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
i think with the masons grandfather at 32 you dont need to worry about too much.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sharkman

I didn't know you were rapping the Gavel this year?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Greetings,

I've got a couple questions regarding freemasonry,

- do you have to be a member to live Life like a mason?
- is knowledge all that is important?
- do we (humans) strive to be more than just human?
- how do i know if i have blood-related relatives in the masonry?

I am 20 years old and my mind is racing, seeking knowledge to leave this earthly vessel.

Kind regards,
Harm

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarmHngr

Not necessarily.

In what context?

We should strive to make ourselves better each day and so too our community.

Contact the Grand Lodge where you live and ask them.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HarmHngr

imo they are heathen folks acknowledging all kinds of deities. yikes

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
a reply to: HarmHngr

imo they are heathen folks acknowledging all kinds of deities. yikes

Which deities? And please, how is it that you know all this without being a member?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

It is true that Masons acknowledge any who believe in a Higher Being ... But all religion is left at the door of the Lodge
..... as far as I am aware ... a Mason will put me right if I err.

Not sure what the "Heathen" reference is

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarmHngr
Greetings,

I've got a couple questions regarding freemasonry,

No. You only have to try to be a good person and treat others as you would like to be treated.
The lessons we learn are geared toward reminding you with things and phrases you see and hear all the time, how to be that kind of person.

No, how you act and how others are affected by your actions is paramount. knowledge helps with those things. (IMHO)

Being human is hard enough. Being a good human is quite a lofty goal, and one worth pursuing.

If it matters, ask. But blood lines have nothing to do with masonry or gaining admission. All you have to do is ask a mason.

I am 20 years old and my mind is racing, seeking knowledge to leave this earthly vessel.

Kind regards,
Harm

Good luck with all that. You have lots of time to figure it out. My advise is to be sure you have the time needed to devote to learning what masonry really is before you join. I wish I had joined earlier in life, but then, looking back, I'm not sure I could have taken the time I did when I joined, so perhaps it all works out how it should.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

I see knowledge as is,
Not educational "smart"

As an understanding of selfbeing,
Acceptence of others,
Knowing your past to build a future,
Seeing further than skin, religions and ism's

So my main question would be if i could get awnser about who we are and where we come from, if i should be a mason.

Its these question, i think thats what they mean with fighting demons, who drive me crazy Every day,

as a 20 year old i have to learn a lot..
Tho' in my opinion i do not think i can learn such in a school nor a university

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join