It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you tell if someone is a mason?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
One thing this thread has revealed is that there is an awful lot of apocryphal stories and hearsay about, most of which is entirely incorrect and most amusing to a freemason.

In actual fact, best way to find out is to ask him. Most freemasons will readily admit their membership, and apparently a number of people who are not members will do so as well.

Go figure!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
yo thats not cool Helios, i totally did not make this story up man. Totally not cool.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWObringer
My friend said their grandfather was a 32nd degree mason... who am I? I haven't been on in a LONG TIME because I have just been SOOO busy and I have a job in the music busienss now I was in the photo with hilary duff and I was in the coming clean video and right after the video shoot THAT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE. Am I missing something? What's the best way to tell if someone is a mason? I haven't ever ran into any... I'm just still afraid, from all of the stories I hear on these forums.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by NWObringer]

[edit on 1-3-2006 by NWObringer]

maybe you can ask them ? maybe you can wear garlic around your neck, and carry a wooden spike around, and that will ward them off ?

you have run into mason, I'll guarantee it. You can find them in these places called churches, and doing sinister charity work or chilling community service.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spatacus
yo thats not cool Helios, i totally did not make this story up man. Totally not cool.

I think the problem is that you opened your post with: "First of all most masons do keep their membership a big secret."

Now, since Masons do NOT keep our memberships secret (how would we do that, and what would be the point if we could?), your statement was obviously a red flag.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I normally just ask, the ones I know/have met have always been open about it.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I normally just ask, the ones I know/have met have always been open about it.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by AgentSmith]

I haven't even had to do that, Mason's are very open with their membership. It just comes out in conversation.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Did somebody leave the door to the nut house open, or What?!?!?!

I you want to know if someone is a Mason, Ask him. He will gladly tell you.

We are not hiding among the population, passing ourselves of as humans, like the Reptilians, for crying out loud.

There are lots of 32nd degree Masons around, they are called Scottish Rite Masons. Another, not so secret big deal.

Masons in the Blue Lodge have 3 Degrees. They are, Entered Apprentice Mason, Fellowcraft Mason and Master Mason. They don't make 'em any bigger or more powerful than that. Or, so, that has been my experience. But I do have the Pleasure of associating with some very knowledgable and experienced Masons many times a week. They are very nice guys for the most part and generally willing to help most anybody in need, even if they aren't Masons.

The nonsense about being branded on the neck is really out in left field. Somehow I missed that part of the 3rd Degree. I've seen it several times and even have participated in the Degree, but I have yet to get branded or had the pleasure of branding a brother. What a bunch of nonesense.

Where the heck is Sebatwerk when you need him or Masonic Light, or Somebody!!!

This kind of stuff would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Please people, ask questions, use your mind for more than a repository for illegal substances. It really is embarrassing reading some of this stuff.

END OF RANT

I apologize to my brethren for not reading through all the other posts before I fell off the edge myself. I should have known better that you men would try to straighten things out. I sometimes just scan the post without reading through all the posts. But for crying outloud, I just cannot believe some of the nonsense that passes for knowledge. I'm just floored by it sometimes.

[edit on 3-3-2006 by sharkman]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Being able to tell a Mason from the garden varity person is easy. If you see one sporting a size 6 low heel female pumps that is a good sign. Also, if they come up to you and ask for the "secret handshake" and they have trouble remembering it, that is another good sign that something is amiss.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSkinAngel

well first of all i would like to say that the highest rank is that of a master mason. In order to become scotish rite, york rite, etc you have to first become a master mason. in masonry nobody is higher than the other. everyone is equal. yes you have "officers" but everyone sits as equals with equal amount of say so. for example it only takes one mason present in a meeting to deny a potential apprentice. JUST ONE! No matter if he has an officer seat or not. the degrees and different organizations are there to further your learning, charities etc. not whos penis is bigger. masons DO NOT think of one being higher than the other, bc once the master mason (from the blue lodge) is obtained then you have the same rights as everyone else. there is people that dont even join scottish rite...they might want to be shriners. again all that is...is extended learning for the master mason. it is just the degrees of learning within that organization...not Freemasonry. Again NOTHING (Shriner, York Rite, Scottish Rite, etc) is higher than a Master Mason (which you have to be in order to join the other groups). Dont talk about things that you dont know about. Educate yourself first hand b/c crap you read on the internet is sometimes just bullock. im sure i can get an amen on that!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I know a lot of masons the best way is straight up ask them. are u a mason? and if yes ask them to answere any ? you may have about them. most of them will answere general ? without fear so if your grandfather is a member just ask him what his beleaves are and what first interested him in joining. good luck to all.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by asdfjkl;

um, amen brother?

nobody else spoke up so I didn't want to leave you hanging. This man speaks the truth. However mundane it may seem. He probably doesn't even have a masonic tattoo on his neck. I have never seen a Goth mason, but I am sure they must exist. Anybody?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NWObringer

i used to live in the southeast and there was alot of oldtimers who were masons...the way i knew, is because they all proudly displayed the masonic symbol on the back of their cars like christians do with the jesus fish...most of them had hats with the symbol as well...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Uh, hi, this is both a question and a comment(s) so hopefully some things im wondering can be cleared up, i just want to learn and i will state several reasons why i would like to learn..

1: Are Masons and Freemasons the Same thing or not?
2: Are Masons Sexist or Racist to any degree? (no pun intended w/ degree)
3: When was this Organization founded? Im actually getting the feeling that it was around before th 1400s.
4: Isnt the two headed Eagle the Norse Thunderbird that shot lightning from it's eyes?
5: Does the phrase: 'Brotherhood of the Nation' Mean anything to any of you?
6: What happens if someone who is either a Mason or NOT a Mason goes around spreading word that Masons are dangerous and are used to threaten people like for Example: 'I'm gonna tell the Masons about you and we're gonna come down and burn you at the cross!"

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyxquarra Xxxendra HoTTch
Uh, hi, this is both a question and a comment(s) so hopefully some things im wondering can be cleared up, i just want to learn and i will state several reasons why i would like to learn..

1: Are Masons and Freemasons the Same thing or not?

Brick masons lay brick and Freemasons try to be better people. Sometimes we are just called masons. But there is a difference between operative and speculative. It this is not clear please let me know.

2: Are Masons Sexist or Racist to any degree? (no pun intended w/ degree)

Masons are people like everyone else. While the tennants of masonry are against looking at a mans qualities from the outside instead of the inside, I have known the opposite to be true to an extent. (nobody is perfect.)

3: When was this Organization founded? Im actually getting the feeling that it was around before th 1400s.

in the early 1700 as far as anyone can prove right now. that may change in the future, but as far as I know, that is it.

4: Isnt the two headed Eagle the Norse Thunderbird that shot lightning from it's eyes?

I am not familiar with that. Do you have a link or picture to reference?

5: Does the phrase: 'Brotherhood of the Nation' Mean anything to any of you?

No, but the brotherhood of man under the father hood of God does.

6: What happens if someone who is either a Mason or NOT a Mason goes around spreading word that Masons are dangerous and are used to threaten people like for Example: 'I'm gonna tell the Masons about you and we're gonna come down and burn you at the cross!"

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The Masons are the Boy Scouts for adults.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Why was this thread raised from the dead, it's from 2006?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
There is a freemason at my work. I said to him, your shoes remind me of the checkered floor in a masonic lodge. Then he showed me his masonic ring, and told me that's why he bought those shoes in the first place. Seems like a nice guy, old school hair style but a nice guy.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NWObringer

simply ask. same as if you wanted to join.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
It may have already been covered in several others posts, but the degrees in freemasonry differ depending on which grand lodge and constitution you practice under. For example under the United Grand Lodge of England (founded 1717) normal craft masonry has 3 degrees and no more. The Scottish rite practiced by members in the US has 33 degrees, how they differ both constitutions I don't know.

Most masons are not secretive at all, there are no secret words etc to try and catch one out etc. Most, if not all, will be glad to talk about it openly and freely.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join