It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto area ATS members to have an informal gathering.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Originally posted by intrepid

That was a joke you know...

You have NO idea how much of one it was.

o jeeze. I can be an a-one insensitive twit can't I?

Don't stress it sofi, I have the amazing ability to laugh at myself.

You are the greatest intrepid.

Nope, that's Mohammed Ali.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

but who's packing the sound gear?

Well, if the chili is good, that will be me.

Classic.....

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Interesting little fact...we'll have an hour less that night because the clocks go ahead for Daylight Savings Time.

Fall back,
Spring ahead

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Interesting little fact...we'll have an hour less that night because the clocks go ahead for Daylight Savings Time.

Fall back,
Spring ahead

*cough*

From the link...

The official spelling is Daylight Saving Time, not Daylight SavingS Time.

Couldn't resist

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

*cough*

From the link...

The official spelling is Daylight Saving Time, not Daylight SavingS Time.
Couldn't resist

Just for that, I'm going to order a Black Russian, tell everyone it's for you...and then down it all myself.

Too bad you can't make it though...maybe next time, eh?

We'll miss you

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well its' Thursday night......and I can hardly wait for Saturday. It sounds like we are all in for a great time. I even have my wife excited .... about going. I think she just want confirmation that I'm not the only conspiracy nut, a fact that she finds hard to believe. My wife lived in that part of Toronto years ago so she is also eager to take me on a walking tour if the weather holds up. So far the weather has been unseasonably warm and sunny but it is only the end of March and, frankly, anything can be expected. The weather forecast from weather underground predicts a 60% chance of rain on Saturday but that the days "high" is expected to be about 12 Celcius. So, rain or not, it should be a mild night and not too hard for traveling on the 401, in my case, from London, Ontario.

We should have a lot of pictures posted from this even as I'm bringing my digital camera as well. It will be great to let other ATS members share in the fun of our evening. Again, I do hope that someone has a laptop and mike that they can bring. It would be fun to do a podcast from all of us to share on ATS ...... I can hardly wait to see how the points are distributed amongst the lot of us.

I don't know how late my wife and I will stay -- probably until 10 pm or so (but who knows). My wife's folks are coming over to oversee the kids (they are 13 and 15 so it's more like "protecting the house" from the mandatory "the parents are gone...let's throw a party" scenario). So, my wife and I would like to take advantage of this "night out" to spend a night at our cottage at Kettle Point, Ontario ( link to a great Kettle Point, Ontario Sunset. It's our favorite place and it would be great to wake-up there.
It would be a brief respite before we reclaim our kids from my wife's folks.

Anyway, we'll play it by ear. We're both up for a good time. Once again, I look forward to seeing and meeting all of my fellow Above Top Secret members. Until Saturday then, take care.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Kettle Point, Ontario ( link to a great Kettle Point, Ontario Sunset. It's our favorite place and it would be great to wake-up there.
It would be a brief respite before we reclaim our kids from my wife's folks.

You're makin me jealous. Sunsets at KP/SP are just... gorgeous. The Kettles make the beach a real experience on it's own, much less during a sunset.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The most beautiful views and vistas to be found anywhere, in my opinon, are along the Lake Huron coastline -- especially on the West Coast of Ontario. The scenery is simply spectacular. My own favorite area, as I have mentioned (and as if you couldn't have guessed) are to be found in the Kettle Point, Ontario area.

The beaches are wide, the water is typically deep blue and the skies are without end. Add to this a diverse ecology which would include fingers of Carolinian Forest with savanah oaks, birch and a variety of pines and you have a region that is astoundingly beautiful.

I eagerly grab every opportunity to walk along the shores of Lake Huron or throught the woodlands at Stoney Point, Kettle Point and Ipperwash. If there is such a thing as "food for the soul and a balm for the spirit", it is to be found here. But of course, Parrhesia, you know this too.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Can't wait, everyone. I'll be there around four or five, hat appropriately tinfoiled. Those that don't know me, look for that. Those that do, come on over already!

DE

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
well without going through 2 threads, Whats the Address

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
well without going through 2 threads, Whats the Address

I 411'd the addy, it's on the corner of College and Bathurst.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I 411'd the addy, it's on the corner of College and Bathurst.

cool thanks I college and Bathurst no problem there, but I don't get the I 411'd thing,. the street conners are good enough for me though.

Thanks intrepid

[edit on 31/3/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
but I don't get the I 411'd thing,. the street conners are good enough for me though.

A great tool:

www.canada411.ca...

Maps and all.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
www.sneaky-dees.com...

If you click the above link and then enter the site by clicking on the skull
it will bring you to a page which has a link to 'location'. Clicking on that will give you a map of the area with a star where the restaurant is.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
really want to go... but again.. I'm occupied from 7 - 10pm at a seminar.

Anyone gonna be hanging around a little later... perhaps till midnight or even later on?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I really don't know. I mean, it is forseeable we could eb having such a good time, but people have wives, chillun, etc. Check ATS before coming by, we should be having a grand old time posting stuff liek pictures.

DE

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well, I think that the Party, ahem, I mean "meeting", will go on 'til late (last call).
I talked it over with Janet, my boss, I mean my wife, and we have decided to get a hotel room in Toronto for the night. So, that means we'll hang out and spend the time having a great evening out.

On Sunday morning, my wife and I will head out to our favorite spot, Kettle Point, Ontario to visit our cottage and to spend a bit of time unwinding from our big night by walking along Lake Huron, sitting by a fire or just listening in the cottage listening to CKTI, the "Eagle", Kettle Point's FM radio station until it's time to relieve my wife's parents who will be watching our two young teen-age boys.

So, I think that it would be safe to say that any late-comers will be welcomed by a hard-core contingent of ATSers no matter what time you arrive.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Something has come up that may prevent me from being at the party, err meeting...
I'm hoping that I can have things wrapped up before it's too late for me to get there.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Can someone make some sense of the subway system for me. I don't want to drive all the way downtown but the TTC site is damn confusing. I'm thinking of getting on at the Kipling station, where the hell is that? Transfer at Bathurst and get off at Dufferin West(I think). Then walk a block north to College. Is that right?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Intrepid

You're coming from the west no doubt. Kipling station is at 5247 Dundas St. W (mapquest link: here ). You can download the TTC Subway map here:

www.toronto.ca... )

Once you are on the subway, take it to Bathurst station. From there you can get the Bathurst street car (511) south to College. Sneaky Dees is right on the corner. It's not that far a walk from Bathurst station - about 10-15 minutes tops, but the 511 runs pretty regularily.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join