It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, seriously

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
hmm... 1% huh? I'll bite.
Prove 1% of what you believe. (and I mean something that sets it apart from what you're complaining about)

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytym
thiopental sodium:
Your statement has nothing to do with my belief. My belief exists regardless of what you say. The fact that your statement does not contradict what I believe simply explains WHY I require no proof from you to convince me that you are no different from everyone else.

Imagine I am holding glass of water. If you ask me what you need to do to convince me that I am holding a glass of water I would reply in the same way. Regardless of what you say or do, I require no further proof as I believe I am holding a glass of water. Ever consider that?

No, my statement doesn't contradict your belief per se (but why does this matter? are you attempting to formulate a false analogy?), but does my statement NOT prove how SILLY you readily believe anyone? If I didn't tell everyone I was not psychic, we'd have tons of people in Paranormal believing they are transexual crossdressers. You still don't think that is silly? SERIOUSLY BE HONEST TO YOURSELF. This is delusional.

"The fact that your statement does not contradict what I believe simply explains WHY I require no proof from you to convince me that you are no different from everyone else."

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc. By the way, I'm referencing these latin stuff only because I know some people (e.g. AAC) will only accept "official" ideas. Your argument's cause-and-effect relationship is questionable. Although it seems to be work through appealing to emotions with our AAC whom seems to be busting a nut, which isn't saying much anyway since 99.9% of all politicians and commericials do NOT use logic to convince people.

Finally, your glass analogy is not relevant. This thread is about menguard convincing everyone he is psychic. If I were to claim I am psychic, I have the responsibility to prove to you I am psychic. The glass analogy is bizarre because NOBODY in your analogy is making a claim. You have somebody demanding evidence though, and of something that he sees himself and he ALREAYD KNOWS is true. Utterly absurd, but I suppose one could demand evidence for the sake of "philosophy" (how do I know I am holding a glass of water? The nerve endings at the tip of my fingers run electricity through synapses and up into my brain, etc. etc. etc.). In this thread, menguard is claiming to be pyschic. When one makes a claim, you have to be able to back it up. How difficult is that it understand?!?!?!?! I also know that AAC claims that menguard actually isn't claiming he is psychic, and if that's true, then he's obviously using cold-reading techniques to LEAD and guide people into a conclusion that he is psychic. In that case, this is not a glass scenario. We don't ALREADY know menguard has that kind of psychic ability. So we have to demand evidence.

Reply to that, AAC.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by thiopental sodium]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DemonicAngelZero
hmm... 1% huh? I'll bite.
Prove 1% of what you believe. (and I mean something that sets it apart from what you're complaining about)

Most of my beliefs of pretty mainstream, so I'm sure you don't need to my reasons why I believe in them (and no, it's not because I'm a conformist...those beliefs just happen to coincide with most of the public). One of my more exotic beliefs, however, includes the belief that aliens probably do exist and have been visiting our planet and there's a good chance the government is in contact with these extraterrestrial beings. Incidentally, it is this belief that brought me here to ATS.

EDIT: Here's hopefully at least 1% - the less than 1% of UFO videos does contain some pretty weird, unexplainable footage of lights in the sky...the NASA footage of objects that suddenly change direction in sharp angles...the countless government, military, and astronautical officials that confess to a UFO phenomenon...the UFO I've seen myself...the arguments and cases presented in "Out Of The Blue"...and much much more and all the combined leads to me to believe it's all quite very likely (amidst all the hoaxes and false alarms so prevalent in the community know). Also, the mathematical calculation that life has GOT TO exist outside of Earth...and it just makes logical sense to me that if life exists elsewhere, at least some has got have evolved to the point where they can travel to other stars, and if that's the case, some of these has got have already landed here on Earth. Is that at least 1%?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Go back and read Thiopental 2nd sentence, Notice It Starts with ( IF )
All of you answered Accordingly, Thiopental in his following post when he proclaimed it was all made up and that you all fell for it, is ludicrous They Did not and I will Prove My Point! Thiopental, if you reread your 2nd sentence, and their posts, you will find they were not saying they believe you had powers, but was in fact answering and telling you they would need facts!
So you said IF - That changes the fact, that you got yourself into something that now I will give them back what they are deserving of, and that is they are one step ahead, and you Thiopental didn't see where you may have slipped One Step Behind Maybe?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
*sigh* Well, at least you're open minded when it comes to extra-terrestrials. But what is there to gain from basically telling people they're foolishing for not believing the same things as you? I'm sure someone out there feels the same way about you as you do towards everyone in menguards thread. "What? You believe in aliens? HA! that's funny. Get any anal probe lately?" Mainstream belief has been changing all throughout history. I feel fortunate that now a days you can believe whatever the hell you want without being tied up and burned to death for being a heretic. Like I said, I really wish everyone would show some respect for everyone elses beliefs. There is potential in arragance to cause a true dark age. Yes, everyone needs to accept the fact that there is ALWAYS the possability that they could be wrong. So? When we die, we'll learn the truth. Either we cease to exist, get reincarnated, go to heaven or hell, evolve into pure energy, or whatever else people choose to believe. Ultimately, it doesn't matter if we were right or wrong... unless the christians were right...then we all go to hell

Ram

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Bleh bleh blah..

Maybe it's just a natural thing.. That's proberly why we can't put it in the box..
Maybe it's just as mysterious as a leaf... And the thousand of reasons the leaf exists..
Maybe in reality - it's all a symbol of itself..

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelWings9999
Go back and read Thiopental 2nd sentence, Notice It Starts with ( IF )
All of you answered Accordingly, Thiopental in his following post when he proclaimed it was all made up and that you all fell for it, is ludicrous They Did not and I will Prove My Point! Thiopental, if you reread your 2nd sentence, and their posts, you will find they were not saying they believe you had powers, but was in fact answering and telling you they would need facts!
So you said IF - That changes the fact, that you got yourself into something that now I will give them back what they are deserving of, and that is they are one step ahead, and you Thiopental didn't see where you may have slipped One Step Behind Maybe?

I am aware of my conditional statement with "if." Also, I thought I made it clear that I am not accusing EVERYONE in Paranormal as being gullible. There are quite a few though...I mean, just look at that 33 page thread by menguard. Anyway, not all the replies to this thread were as sensical as you made them out to be. Read all the replies on page 1 and you'll see which one(s) I'm talking about.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
To Sodium

I think you may have a condition known as Asperger's Syndrome. No need to feel ashamed.
You cannot help it.

Here is a list of a few symptoms:
- talking like a "little professor"
- Only being able to talk to people if the topic has "logic'
- "scripted," "robotic," or repetitive speech
- inappropriate social interactions
- feeling out of place in the world - a loner
- conversations almost always revolving around self rather than others
- average to above-average verbal cognitive abilities
- Being verbally abusive, of which the patient cannot control it
- apparently inflexible adherence to specific, nonfunctional routines or rituals
- a lack of spontaneous seeking to share enjoyment, interests with other people

[edit on 26-2-2006 by violet]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DemonicAngelZero
*sigh* Well, at least you're open minded when it comes to extra-terrestrials. But what is there to gain from basically telling people they're foolishing for not believing the same things as you? I'm sure someone out there feels the same way about you as you do towards everyone in menguards thread. "What? You believe in aliens? HA! that's funny. Get any anal probe lately?" Mainstream belief has been changing all throughout history. I feel fortunate that now a days you can believe whatever the hell you want without being tied up and burned to death for being a heretic. Like I said, I really wish everyone would show some respect for everyone elses beliefs. There is potential in arragance to cause a true dark age. Yes, everyone needs to accept the fact that there is ALWAYS the possability that they could be wrong. So? When we die, we'll learn the truth. Either we cease to exist, get reincarnated, go to heaven or hell, evolve into pure energy, or whatever else people choose to believe. Ultimately, it doesn't matter if we were right or wrong... unless the christians were right...then we all go to hell

I actually don't believe in "open-mindedness." What people really mean to say is that they aren't biased. Biases is what creates tunnel vision...or closed-mindedness. Believers are often just as closed-minded as non-believers.

As for psychic abilities, I do think it's possible for it to exist as well. But I'll need proof, like with anything else, for me to believe it 100%. I'm sure there are people who can provide at least 1% proof they have psychic powers, but menguard here isn't doing that.

As for people who mock me when I express my belief in UFOs...they're just closed-minded. When I present them my reasons for believing, most intelligent people shut up and then say they respect my belief. See, they respect my belief AFTER I explain to them. Prior to that, of course they're not going to respect my belief (and they shouldn't) because they just don't happen to know of any evidence (this is not really their fault but the media's...the media continuously downplays all UFO evidence...but again, this also creates a bias/prejudice among nonbelievers and so they are more likely to not ever seriously consider good evidence).

Finally, I don't look at all this as whether so-and-so respects so-and-so's belief. It about the burden of proof. Which you must ABSOLUTELY not skimp on. Otherwise, you'll just be like nonbelievers who can't ever seriously consider good evidence. In menguard's thread, he is convincing people of something out of the ordinary, and the ONLY reason why this outrages me is because menguard hasn't even provided any evidence. If he were to just provide a sliver of semi-good evidence, then OK, that's acceptable (at least for me...I'm sure some others in ATS are much less tolerable). But believing in menguard simply because of blind faith...that is NOT denying ignorance. That is EMBRACING ignorance...and that's both a shame and disgrace for ATS.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
To Sodium

I think you may have a condition known as Asperger's Syndrome. No need to feel ashamed.
You cannot help it.

Here is a list of a few symptoms:
- talking like a "little professor"
- Only being able to talk to people if the topic has "logic'
- "scripted," "robotic," or repetitive speech
- inappropriate social interactions
- feeling out of place in the world - a loner
- conversations almost always revolving around self rather than others
- average to above-average verbal cognitive abilities
- Being verbally abusive, of which the patient cannot control it
- apparently inflexible adherence to specific, nonfunctional routines or rituals
- a lack of spontaneous seeking to share enjoyment, interests with other people

[edit on 26-2-2006 by violet]

1. talking like a "little professor". I am confident, and for good reason. For those who find the truth difficult, dismissing me as professor-life is a common disqualifier as a self-defense mechanism. Either way, I don't see how this has anything to do with the cogency of my arguments.
2. Only being able to talk to people if the topic has "logic." Of course we need to be LOGICAL here!!!!! What the hell?!?!?!!?!?!?!! How can you downplay logic here in a discussion/debate? The only time where people should lose the logic is when we're socializing, which is what we're NOT doing here.
3. How is any of this scripted or robotic or repetitive? I've gotten a 1560 for verbal in the SATs and I get asked by professionals to write narrative, business, and comedic shorts for them. I'm not trying to write masterpieces here, but I know I'm a good writer, and the best and most effective writing style for written discussion is one that is concise. Some people try to writer flowery and very dramatic, but that will only move people who are easily convinced by emotion and authority as opposed to pure facts and logic. Does this remind you of anyone?

4. Inappropriate social interaction??? What the heck??!?! This is a serious discussion, not a freakin tea party. Christ!
5. Feeling out of place in this world - loner. OK, I know for a FACT that you were going out on a limb on this one. Where the devil did this observation come from lol?!?! And for the record, I have quite the social circles. Being a San Diego downtown DJ helps. You also don't even want to know about the girls of mine.

6. conversations almost always revolving around self rather than others. What the heck?!?! I don't even think you even know what that means are you haven't even actually been reading my posts.
7. average to above-average verbal cognitive abilities. OK, now I know you're just taking shots into the dark. And for the record, I am in Mensa. That IQ Test was so easy too.
8. Being verbally abusive, of which the patient cannot control it. Develop a thicker skin. The real world is much worse.
9. apparently inflexible adherence to specific, nonfunctional routines or rituals. How in the world would you know my routines or rituals. STOP THE MADNESS. Seriously, this is now beginning to descend into hilarity. Surely, this is a joke post, right?
10. a lack of spontaneous seeking to share enjoyment, interests with other people. Yeah, only with people that interest me. Gullible people do not. And if you're saying this because I refuse to agree with you, well...well, I don't think I need to explain that one lol.

EDIT: Also, that is the worst psychoanalysis ever done on me. Did you just look that up on Google or something? Also, what does this have ANYTHING to do with the cogency of my arguments???

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I agree with Sodium. Why do some people blindly accept anything not of the norm, without questioning the validity of it at all? It makes absolutely no sense to accept something as fact, at face value, without taking into account what lies behind the scenes. Deny ignorance!

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Seriously, I'm thinking that you're only DJing right now to get through school, I'd even stretch to say youre in the psychological field of study, maybe one of your parents are in that field. As one who's had plenty of experience with gifts, I find it a tad tacky you line us up in here and proclaim us gullible.
Take a look at yourself and know that all actually hold some degree of gift. Most are blocked out by fear of the unknown. Its ok-you're only human. You want to believe, but deep down your just afraid, so you use sticky little head trips to get your rocks off, because deep down you want to believe too, except, your just too much of a coward to actually use the focus and open yourself up.

I also find it interesting you say you have a broad variety of circles you frequent. Basically youre an extrovert.(Extroverts have many aquaintances and few to none close friends) You have so many aquaintances simply because youre deep down afraid that ANYONE would get to know exactly who you are, so you keep people at a distance, simply because out of fear of rejection, youre worried that if they get to know the TRUE you, they may not like what they see in you. SO here's the deal, don't pick on people here. I've got an IQ of 156, am an empath, and will pick you apart psychologically down to a pile of goo, if you ever head trip any of my peeps again. Any Questions?

Oh and PS, you may want to reconsider your usage of Latin terms, Post hoc, ergo propter hoc, they are no more important or validating of your statements than my PS I put before this sentence.

[edit on 2/26/2006 by denial28]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by denial28
Seriously, I'm thinking that you're only DJing right now to get through school, I'd even stretch to say youre in the psychological field of study. As one who's had plenty of experience with gifts, I find it a tad tacky you line us up in here and proclaim us gullible. Take a look at yourself and know that all actually hold some degree of gift. Most are blocked out by fear of the unknown. Its ok-you're only human. You want to believe, but deep down your just afraid, so you use sticky little head trips to get your rocks off, because deep down you want to believe too, except, your just too much of a coward to actually use the focus and open yourself up.

I also find it interesting you say you have a broad variety of circles you frequent. Basically youre an extrovert.(Extroverts have many aquaintances and few to none close friends) You have so many aquaintances simply because youre deep down afraid that ANYONE would get to know exactly who you are, so you keep people at a distance, simply because out of fear of rejection, youre worried that if they get to know the TRUE you, they may not like what they see in you. SO here's the deal, don't pick on people here. I've got an IQ of 156, am an empath, and will pick you apart psychologically down to a pile of goo, if you ever head trip any of my peeps again. Any Questions?

OK, what is the point of this post?

Also, you couldn't be any more wrong, and seeing how this thread has taken a more social, personal turn, I'll respond:

1. I'm done with school. Attended UCSD (University of San Diego, California). 7th best public university in the nation. Graduated high school with a perfect 4.0.
2. I'm currently in finance, but I do study some social psychology on the side. I'm pretty damn smart and know how to apply it directly to life. I can write essays on this alone.
3. I'm not lining everyone up in Paranormal as gullible. I'm saying there is an unusually high concentration of gullible people there. Take a look at menguard's 33+ page thread.
4. I want to believe in what? I know I want to believe in God, but I can't because of the simple lack of evidence. I also do NOT want to believe in aliens, but I do because of the simple overwhelming amount of evidence. Either way, you have my beliefs all wrong.
5. Head trips? I don't do drugs, except for social drinking. I don't even smoke. As for thiopental sodium, I chose that username because thiopental sodium is TRUTH SERUM, poophead. Man, seriously lol.

6. Coward? Coward to do exactly what? Completely unsubstantiated personal attacks on me, man. How many other random personal attacks are you guys gonna throw at me? If this weren't the Internet, I know you guys wouldn't be saying the same stuff about me. Now THAT'S cowardly.
7. Yes, I am an extrovert. I'm also aware that a lot of introverts frown upon extroverts, and that is another common self-defense mechanism. You ASSUME that extroverts don't have any deep relationships, but I can tell you you are very wrong. Yes, it may be true with some extroverts, just like how it can be true with some introverts too.
8. I aced that Mensa test. So I took another recalibrated IQ test for those above 125 or onetwenty something IQ range and up and I got a 172. Doesn't mean much to me though, like how your 152 means jack to me (also, intelligence means nothing more than potential to me...a 160 IQ guy could have very low skill in socializing or math, but he needs to USE his gift of intelligence to realize his potential in socializing or math, and realization requires study and practice just like with everyone else...finally IQ tests that are designed to measure IQ above 140 or something like that are much more considerably inaccurate mainly because of the crazy percentage deviation...because of this, I STRONGLY suspect that you're trying to intimidate me with your IQ and HOPING that I don't know this fact...too bad I do, you charlatan). Measuring IQ is another can of worms (trust me, as I'm sure you know too), but basically, it's quite difficult to measure it accurately (and that's disregarding their wide standard deviation), not to mention that tests are difficult to be completely fair.
9. Go ahead and try to psychoanalyze me if you want. Nobody has ever gotten close with me. I've even had a Harvard psychologist try to do that with me (long story...basically, an upset girlfriend was involved and she tried to hurt my feelings with her Harvard psychologist friend). Just so you know, when I said I dabble with social psychology, I really mean that I'm really freaking good with social psychology. I can break down any social dynamics down to a tee. But that's not why I am here for. I'm here to deny ignorance and I hope you are too.

You ask me if I have any questions. Yep. Got any more of your crazy totally way-off-the mark psychoanalyses? So far you're close to 0% correct.

EDIT: You remind me of a girl I know who's always OVERCONFIDENT (read: overcompensating) with everything she does. For example, and this always cracks me up whenever she does stupid crap like this, she might present an argument and then before I can even say anything, she'll smugly say, "see, and that's why I've contemplated about becoming a lawyer." Of course, when she finishes, I go ahead and quickly disprove everything she just said. Oh, and guys, as advice, NEVER EVER try to go logical on a girl. They communicate on an emotional level. This is also why most girls are generally much more emotionally intelligent than guys (I do think it's both biological and social). Too bad most guys don't know how to speak on an emotional level so they gotta settle, but hey, I'm probably opening up another can of worms.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Was it a joke ?
Yes it was.

Did you grasp the joke?
No you did not

Did I google your symptoms?
Yes - but i see i fooled you to think I was analyzing you.

How is any of this scripted or robotic or repetitive?
Listen to yourself.. All you do is ramble on about what YOU know and what you perceive others do not

As for your "narratives" and all your writings you claim are so good, and an engaging read
They aren't. Simply put, your writings are boring. Filled witth how many 4 syllable words you can jam into one sentence. At least what you have given a sampling of here is. I wouldn't hire ya, sorry to dissapoint you.

As for your IQ, what does that prove? You are a DJ.

As for all the girls you claim to aquire via your DJ job, these girls are mostl likely intoxicated.. Everyone looks better at closing time. I suggest you brag about ones who liked you during daylight hours.

what does this have ANYTHING to do with the cogency of my arguments???
Absolutely nothing. That is the point, you fail to see. You come in here not really wanting to discuss beliefs in paranormal, but just as an excuse to babble a bunch of nonsense to who you have pre-judged. With your simplistic"test". The only thing your game is about, is your obsession to show how you have a talent for for babbling.

All you have proven is you probably go to bed at night and cuddle up with a good dictionary. And one last symptom I forgot to mention, and yes i found it in Google search for AS sufferers, You act like Spock..

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Was it a joke ?
Yes it was.

Did you grasp the joke?
No you did not

Did I google your symptoms?
Yes - but i see i fooled you to think I was analyzing you.

OK, so you deliberately tried to trick me and other readers. Congratulations, you are a man of great integrity. Does this make you proud? (P.S. I think you are confusing "joking" with "sarcasm," genius)

"How is any of this scripted or robotic or repetitive?
Listen to yourself.. All you do is ramble on about what YOU know and what you perceive others do not"

This still doesn't explain how that is scripted or robotic or repetitive. Congratulations though on recognizing one of the many methods of debate. You say what you know while minimizing potentially self-incriminating statements.

"They aren't. Simply put, your writings are boring. Filled witth how many 4 syllable words you can jam into one sentence. At least what you have given a sampling of here is. I wouldn't hire ya, sorry to dissapoint you."

Good. They shouldn't be. Anybody who thinks my writing thus far are masterpieces needs to improve their standards of writing. Didn't I already make clear I'm not trying to write masterpieces? If you read my post, you'd see that I actually say that **VERBATIM**. Also, sorry that you can't keep up with my basic vocabulary (OH NOES, "vocabulary" is a 5 syllable word!! How can I dumb my writing down to accomodate our lovely violet???). Oh, and I wouldn't want to work for you anyway. You don't know what's important...like the cogency of my arguments vs. my personal life.

"As for your IQ, what does that prove? You are a DJ."

No comment. I think this highly prejudiced statement alone does a fine enough job of painting a picture of you. Good job.

"As for all the girls you claim to aquire via your DJ job, these girls are mostl likely intoxicated.. Everyone looks better at closing time. I suggest you brag about ones who liked you during daylight hours."

You seem to think you know me, but I meet most people, guys and girls, when they're sober. I know people will only want to be friends with me simply because I'm a DJ, and those relationships don't last (social proof and status only create attraction, and attraction is fleeting and emotional, and emotions are temporary...what lasts is rapport), so I don't pursue those unless that person who comes up to me during my set is able to prove he/she likes more beyond my job. I also never take advantage of drunk girls. I don't have a scarcity mentality. Also, what the hell...you think girls are always drunk the next day on our date? Also, MOST of my girls I do meet when I'm not DJing and I don't ever tell them I'm a DJ until after sex (unless it just happens...I don't WANT to tell them because it tests to see if they like me because of my personality). Sorry, but your assumptions about how I meet people are completely 180 degrees way wrong. I can tell from your post that you probably also aren't the most successful with women due to your lack of understanding of how sexual dynamics really work. A lot of men's understanding are nothing more than just self-defense mechanisms and limiting beliefs (which are essentially self-defense mechanisms anyway).

"what does this have ANYTHING to do with the cogency of my arguments???
Absolutely nothing. That is the point, you fail to see. You come in here not really wanting to discuss beliefs in paranormal, but just as an excuse to babble a bunch of nonsense to who you have pre-judged. With your simplistic"test". The only thing your game is about, is your obsession to show how you have a talent for for babbling."

I'm not quite sure whether you're just too stubborn to admit I am right or you really are too dense too see the point of my post...or maybe you're just too caught up in believing what you want to believe about me. Look, it's very simple. This thread is a test to show how so many posters in Paranormal are gullible. It's not pre-judged. I looked through that menguard thread, and that created this impression of Paranormal. So I tested that impression with this thread. To use your own words, that is the point, and you fail to see it.

STOP BEING SO DEFENSIVE PEOPLE. And what's up with all these iirelevant personal attacks? One more personal attack on me and I'm done. I also don't care if you've graduated Stanford or if you're still in high school for the same reason I'm not going to qaulify myself any further. If you demand that I do so, I'm also done. This thread is NOT about me. It's about all the guys who don't bother to ask for evidence from menguard and yet willingly and blindly believe in him. I mean, what would have happened if we handled Serpo with the same negligent approach?

This is the best I can do to try to reason with you guys. I've been warned by another this isn't possible with Paranormal, so please don't prove him right.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
thiopental sodium:
Your statement doesn't prove anything at all, for my previously mentioned reason.

For something that is so irrelevant, liking my glass analogy, you spend a lot of time addressing it.

You weren't making a claim in your original post either. You simply asked what proof you would need to provide if you did.

As AAC alluded to, Menguard makes no such claims. He/She simply offers answers to people's quetions, as his/her thread title suggests.

You should try following your own advice and back up some of your claims with proof, or does your own logic not apply to you? I count five such baseless disguised opinions portrayed as factual claims made in your last reply to me alone.

Anyway, to avoid compromising the integrity of the paranormal forum any further, to which I have contributed to also, I suggest you continue this thread in a more suitable location on BTS.

[edit on 26/2/06 by mytym]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytym
thiopental sodium:
Your statement doesn't prove anything at all, for my previously mentioned reason.

No, it does. It proves that there's a considerable population in Paranormal that are willing to believe in anything without evidence.

For something that is so irrelevant, liking my glass analogy, you spend a lot of time addressing it.

Is this an ad hominem attack, and if not, what does time have to do with any of this?

You weren't making a claim in your original post either. You simply asked what proof you would need to provide if you did.

It was made clear since the beginning, and even with my related very first post in Paranormal which got moved to General Chit Chat, that this was RHETORICAL.

As AAC alluded to, Menguard makes no such claims. He/She simply offers answers to people's quetions, as his/her thread title suggests.

As I have already said COUNTLESS times, and you can read AGAIN at the very top of this very post you're reading, my claim is that "there's a considerable population in Paranormal that are willing to believe in anything without evidence." It's just like how nobody should really blame but only themselves for actually believing that I am psychic and so therefore they are also transexual crossdressers. Or being so readily to believe that menguard has paranormal powers without any good reason other than the warm and fuzzy feelings he provides to those who want to believe.

You should try following your own advice and back up some of your claims with proof, or does your own logic not apply to you? I count five such baseless disguised opinions portrayed as factual claims made in your last reply to me alone.

Please show me these 5 baseless disguised opinions. Also, even if you are right, congratulations in finding among ALL the posts I've made against nearly the entire Paranormal populace where I inadvertently fail to maintain the same quality of posts as an imperfect human being. Either, show us these 5 opinions.

Anyway, to avoid compromising the integrity of the paranormal forum any further, to which I have contributed to also, I suggest you continue this thread in a more suitable location on BTS.

So you are basically saying I am compromising the integrity of Paranormal because I choose to disagree. Wow, sorry that I refuse to backslap everybody's integrity.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

So you are basically saying I am compromising the integrity of Paranormal because I choose to disagree. Wow, sorry that I refuse to backslap everybody's integrity.

No. If you just disagreed like I tried to do with you on a few occasions (Agree to disaggree) no one would care, we all have different opinions and life experiences that base those opinions. But you went out and made a mockary of Paranormal with no regaurd for others. (Calling everyone Cross-dressers)

You claim you're here for UFO's. A lot of people may call you crazy for believing in such(UFO) with limited logic surrounding the subject. Logic; something you pride yourself on. Now it is real transparent you have no following in your logic rhelm. Peace AAC

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sodium,
Allow me to retort to your wonderfully redundant self observation. Funny, the things you claimed about the girl you know, actually is Exactly what you, yourself are doing.

I was right in saying your name was a psychotropic medication. How else would truth serum work other than stimulating the cerebral cortex? I don't feel the need to give you a full on synapsis on how exactly it works.

As far as head trips go, it has nothing to do with drug use whatsoever. Some people just get a thrill out of trying to make themselves feel more powerful, by trying to make those who believe in the unconventional as silly or absurd, to raise themselves up above them. (I applaud you for not smoking, or doing drugs, but does it make a doodle of a difference to me nah.)
Don't think I'm trying to throw out my IQ as a matter of trying to make you feel inferior, it was you that started off with "Im in MENSA and that test was too easy for me." I felt the need to make you realize, you weren't the only intelligent one out there.
And need I remind you, Jeffrey Dahmer, Charles Manson, David Burkowitz, all had IQ's high enough to be in MENSA.

As far as socialization goes, trust me honey, I was one of the original club kids from the NYC club scene. "Party Monster"
Was basically a story about friends of mine. I have no problem with extroverted people. I do have a problem with people trying to make me feel inferior because I don't share the same mainstream beliefs as them.
IE your statement on most of your beliefs being mainstream.

"I'm not lining everyone up in Paranormal as gullible. I'm saying there is an unusually high concentration of gullible people there. Take a look at menguard's 33+ page thread"

Considering this is the "PARANORMAL STUDIES" area of ATS.com, there probably are quite a few that do believe in phenomenon. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out that we who believe in phenomenon wouldn't group together in PTS.

"Completely unsubstantiated personal attacks on me, man"
Hmm seems like the pot calling the kettle black I'd say. Considering you referred to me as "Poophead"and "Charlatan"

Oh and btw, I wasn't that far off the mark when I said you studied psychology, you yourself in your retort said you were a finance major who dabbled in psychology and could write books about it.

Not trying to psychoanalyze you, just pointing out the inconsistancies in your defense, how well of a finance major are you if youre DJing?
"Attended UCSD (University of San Diego, California).""Graduated high school with a perfect 4.0"- It dont mean that you graduated college, and heck for that matter you could be working in a bank for all we know.(Another Name for Gas Station Attendant is Petroleum Specialist)

On top of which, how can you possibly be that successful of a dj if you live in San Diego, and during the hours when you should be spinning on a Saturday night, you're here, trying to disprove psychic phenomenon?

Oh and one more thing before I go, trust me, I have no problem telling people what I see, I call it as I see it. No BS, no sugar coating, just the bottom line. I can't answer for anyone else, but, I know for a fact that if we were sitting down, I'd have no problem telling you exactly what I just did in person.

And mytym,
Just remember
Give em the rope, and they'll hang themselves with it.

[edit on 2/26/2006 by denial28]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

No. If you just disagreed like I tried to do with you on a few occasions (Agree to disaggree) no one would care, we all have different opinions and life experiences that base those opinions. But you went out and made a mockary of Paranormal with no regaurd for others. (Calling everyone Cross-dressers)

You claim you're here for UFO's. A lot of people may call you crazy for believing in such(UFO) with limited logic surrounding the subject. Logic; something you pride yourself on. Now it is real transparent you have no following in your logic rhelm. Peace AAC

What?

You've made a lot posts as of late, but this one really takes the cake. This one by far wins the Cat Crazy Makes No Sense award lol.

1. You disagreed, but without any good explanation. I explain why I disagree. A lot people refuse to understand though because their emotional self-defense mechanisms are creating their own protective biases.
2. Your attitude towards opinions strongly suggests you have no idea who analyze data. In fact, it once again supports the observation that you don't believe in evidence. You think that nobody's arguments deserve examination. This is the reason why you are gullible.
3. You do not understand rhetoric, hence why you CONTINUE to understand the simple fact that I am not really calling anyone a transexual crossdresser, but merely making a point. Even you yourself once tried to use rhetoric on me. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD. It's completely false accusations like this that POLLUTES and DEGENERATES ATS. Horrible.

4. Wait, stop right there. You say I have limited logic on UFOs. I have presented my reasons for believing. You made ZERO attempts to scrutinize my reasons. My reasons for believing are also pretty typical among nearly all ATS UFO believers. Are you also saying that all of us are hanging on to illogical reasons for believing?

But really, the reason why you continue to make these bizarre claims of me is probably because you're just not a very logical person. Which is fine with me...most people aren't...but what's not fine with me is you pretending you are and then taking it further by polluting our discussion with your posts that I have to time and time again show how nonsensical they are. And I'm not just talking about a few of your points. I'm talking about EACH of your points for nearly all your points (if not all).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join