It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, seriously

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Seeing that my other thread ( www.belowtopsecret.com... ) was moved to General Chitchat (I personally don't think it should have), I want to ask you guys this:

If I were to claim to have paranormal psychic powers, how would I convince you guys that I really do have these powers?

What if I were to make a claim about you that you didn't know about yourself and if you didn't believe it, it's because you're not ready to believe or you haven't reached the same plane of consciousness as I have?

Please don't move this thread, mods. I believe this is a very relevant topic for the paranormal community.

Look forward to some answers. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thiopental sodium
If I were to claim to have paranormal psychic powers, how would I convince you guys that I really do have these powers?

What if I were to make a claim about you that you didn't know about yourself and if you didn't believe it, it's because you're not ready to believe or you haven't reached the same plane of consciousness as I have?

In order to pove your pyschic powers, you would have to be able provide verifiable "FACTS".

You cannot claim you're pyschic only about things the subject doesn't know about. How does that possibly make sense to you? rather stupid if I can be so harsh, there is no way to verify or prove that you're pyschic if there is no "facts" to correlate to or way to verify what your claims are. It has nothing to do with which plane of conciousness anyone is on

btw...you have to prove the verifiable before people will consider believing the unverifiable. hope that makes sense to you.

[edit on 2-25-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
No, it makes perfect sense and I totally agree with you.

I guess that 33 page thread in this subforum goes to show that emotional appeal is more convincing than simple logic.

EDIT: Actually, cold-readers know this as emotional appeal is the basis for cold-reading.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by thiopental sodium]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

what plane of consciousness are you talking about? I'm interested in hearing more of your abilities.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Calling everyone transsexual crossdressers is generally a bad start.

Each case would be specific, based on which 'power' you claim to have

Try me. There hasn't been much I haven't understood thus far, except for a few very high level math and science topics. You have permission to try and prove your point to me.

What is this startling claim about me? Send me a U2U if you want to test out your ideas on one person before getting attacked by an entire group. Actually I don't know if you have enough messages/points to send a U2U yet. Meh.

1. List your claim
2. Tell me how you came to this conclusion
3. Explain what you know that I don't.
4. Give me logical things to back it up that will make me have no option but to believe and accept your idea.

Essentially, Full, detailled answers that an idiot could understand. No riddles. No philosophy.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You wouldn't have to do anything to convince me. I believe you, for I believe that everyone has these powers. Some, like myself, just haven't had much first hand experience with them yet.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
How about answering this one:

how many asteroids are going to hit and when?

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
As Yarcofin has stated, first of all you should tell us what kind of capabilities you think you have... then, you and us should proceed to "scientifically" test the verifiable ones.

Thus, facts will tell if you're correct or not.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by Sparhawk]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytym
You wouldn't have to do anything to convince me. I believe you, for I believe that everyone has these powers. Some, like myself, just haven't had much first hand experience with them yet.

HAHA, LMAO. Is this the general intellect of the people here?

I completely completely made all those claims up (which I already did say it's made-up, but you guys' fanatical ways of wanting to believe in everything has prevented you from reading my disclaimer). I do NOT have any paranormal/psychic abilities. But to prove my point, this thread shows that you guys need to demand evidence before just blindly believing anything. You guys are being TOOLED big time by menguard in that HIGHER LIGHT ANSWERS 33+ page thread. I bet menguard is laughing at you guys for so easily believing in him. I wonder how far I could have taken you guys. 60 pages maybe? Could I have convinced you that I speak with Elvis Presley's spirit just by merely stating that? Probably. And that's sad.

You guys can thank AnAbsoluteCreation...he inspired me to test this subforum out with this experiment. Consider this a lesson learned.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I believe you, for I believe that everyone has these powers.

I do NOT have any paranormal/psychic abilities.

Consider this a lesson learned.

I don't think you've proved a single thing.

Look at what you wrote in your first post: "What if I were to make a claim about you that you didn't know about yourself and if you didn't believe it, it's because you're not ready to believe or you haven't reached the same plane of consciousness as I have? "

See how what Mytym said is just exactly what you're talking about?

Maybe you do have 'paranormal/psychic' abilities and you're just not aware of it yourself yet.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango

I believe you, for I believe that everyone has these powers.

I do NOT have any paranormal/psychic abilities.

Consider this a lesson learned.

I don't think you've proved a single thing.

Look at what you wrote in your first post: "What if I were to make a claim about you that you didn't know about yourself and if you didn't believe it, it's because you're not ready to believe or you haven't reached the same plane of consciousness as I have? "

See how what Mytym said is just exactly what you're talking about?

Maybe you do have 'paranormal/psychic' abilities and you're just not aware of it yourself yet.

This has nothing to do with this. Mytym is saying he BLINDLY believes that he is a transexual crossdresser SIMPLY BECAUSE I SAID SO (of course, I qualified this ridiculous accusation with the fact that I am psychic).

EDIT: So in other words, this isn't about whether I am psychic (which, for the record, I do believe it's very possible that real psychics do exist, and if so, it's very likely that everyone has the capacity to increase their psychic abilities), but rather about how ATSers in the Paranormal forum do not follow simple, basic LOGICAL protocol. Isn't ATS about denying ignorance? How do you deny ignorance when everybody here just BLINDLY accepted it OUT OF PURE, UNLOGICAL/OBJECTIVE FAITH? Don't degenerate ATS into another hokey religion.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by thiopental sodium]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Seriously my friend, you are embarressing yourself. Your post was arogant, not interesting. You spoke with a confidence that commanded an inquiry. When they were made by posters, you failed miserably, then you went and claimed your thread as a success?
You are young aren't you?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Seriously my friend, you are embarressing yourself.

Hate to tell you this, but you are certainly not my friend. I only make friends with intelligent people. Also, do you feel only normal in Paranormal and do you feel embarassed when you step out into the real world, thus you shelter yourself in other logically negligent like-minded people here? Not saying everyone here is, but wow, there sure are a lot. Also, I'm not here to make friends (although I'm not closed to the idea)...I'm here for discussion.

Your post was arogant, not interesting.

Sorry if the truth hurts. I expect people to put up their psychological self-defense mechanisms, but if I can convert a few people, it was worth the time.

You spoke with a confidence that commanded an inquiry.

Unlike you, my confidence is based on logic instead of an emotional attachment.

When they were made by posters, you failed miserably, then you went and claimed your thread as a success?

Huh? This doesn't make sense. What was made by posters? What failure? If you're talking about making friends, sure, of course I failed...as I said already, I'm here for discussion, not to just say things that people want to hear so I can make friends. I know some people are either gonna lack the intellectual capacity to understand my line of reasoning or their self-defense mechanism is too overwhelming, but if I've got a few people rethinking their closed-minded biased way of thinking, then that is a success.

You are young aren't you?

You still haven't taken that logics course, huh? If you're gonna resort to ad hominem, at least make an effort to mask it. You must be frustrated if you're resorting to such blatant and emotionally charged ad hominem this early on. Also, I don't care if you're 45 years old...you have the logical/intellectual capacity of a 10 year old, and that's not an exaggeration (okay, maybe 12 year old). Oh, and while my last sentence appears ad hominem, it is not if I said that to warn other readers that AAC's posts are to be read with a HUGE HUGE MONSTER-SIZED grain of salt. At least I didn't make the OFFENSIVELY PREJUDICED statement that AAC made where he basically states that young people are inferior to older people. Real smooth, there AAC. Keep going, man. You're on fire!

[edit on 26-2-2006 by thiopental sodium]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
As I have said on the previous thread we chatted on. Find one person that agrees with you. I will give you a week. Good luck. You make no sense and see and interpret only what you want to. You spent 200 words on your last reply being insulting. This is usually the reaction of shortcomings. I do not expect to hear again from you until you find a counter-part on this big forum. When you fail (again) you might then realize your foibles. As for intellect, you again have no idea who you're talking to. Be patient while you look for vindication, You will be looking for a while. AAC

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
What's the point in starting a flame war? People believe what they want to believe no matter what you say to them. If I wanted to believe that when we die, we all become rodeo clowns on mars, then it's my choice to believe it. People can call me foolish and I can say the same thing about them. Our perceptions are choices. If I said that the only thing that exists is what can be proven with scientific fact, fine. Then, again, that's my choice to believe that. (personally, I believe every religion, including science, is hopelessly wrong. If we were so smart and can understand everything, where's our grand unification theory? Or why is it that most of the greatest scientific theories are still only theories?If we're so wonderful that god created only us here on earth, why the hell are we complete morons who are killing ourselves? There's an endless supply of idea's that can form a persons perception and beliefs.) You can introduce new idea's but unless you can prove, 100%, that only one perception is completely correct, everyone should show at least SOME respect for the belief of others.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

As I have said on the previous thread we chatted on. Find one person that agrees with you. I will give you a week. Good luck. You make no sense and see and interpret only what you want to. You spent 200 words on your last reply being insulting. This is usually the reaction of shortcomings. I do not expect to hear again from you until you find a counter-part on this big forum. When you fail (again) you might then realize your foibles. As for intellect, you again have no idea who you're talking to. Be patient while you look for vindication, You will be looking for a while. AAC

What a ridiculously absurd request. And I've already told you I have other ATSers who agree with me as I said in the other thread.

I am not asking other ATSers to come and back me up in this thread. That is CHILDISH. I can handle myself alone just fine. And why do you need other people to make myself more convincing??? AGAIN, not only are you persuaded NOT by logic, but you are only persuaded by:

1. Emotional appeal
2. Authoritative appeal (which is what your request above is...asking me to invite other ATSers to back me up in this thread)

Note that those 2 are the MOST COMMONLY used tactics by advertising companies, LYING POLITICIANS, con men, fake psychics, etc. to sway people.

ALL I DO is present the facts and arguments. I can only guide people. It's up to you all to accept it or deny it simply because the truth hurts.

DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I only show respect to people who can AT LEAST prove 1% of their belief.

I can. Can the other people can, like AAC?

EDIT: Didn't you just see what happened? I come in here and just make a stupid claim that everyone is a transexual crossdresser, and some people ACTUALLY believe me. That's what happens when you believe in things blindly out of faith. I could have taken it a lot further than Project Serpo and stringed people along and god knows how else I could have changed people's beliefs.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by thiopental sodium]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I only show respect to people who can AT LEAST prove 1% of their belief.

I can. Can the other people can, like AAC?

Now I was just going to ignore it. But I can't, can the other people can't? (Does it make sense? I didn't think so. You now have the displeasure of being the first person that I have clicked "Ignore" to. Good luck with your reality, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
thiopental sodium:
Your statement has nothing to do with my belief. My belief exists regardless of what you say. The fact that your statement does not contradict what I believe simply explains WHY I require no proof from you to convince me that you are no different from everyone else.

Imagine I am holding glass of water. If you ask me what you need to do to convince me that I am holding a glass of water I would reply in the same way. Regardless of what you say or do, I require no further proof as I believe I am holding a glass of water. Ever consider that?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

thiopental sodium:
Your statement has nothing to do with my belief. My belief exists regardless of what you say. The fact that your statement does not contradict what I believe simply explains WHY I require no proof from you to convince me that you are no different from everyone else.

Imagine I am holding glass of water. If you ask me what you need to do to convince me that I am holding a glass of water I would reply in the same way. Regardless of what you say or do, I require no further proof as I believe I am holding a glass of water. Ever consider that?

Thank you!

I'm sorry for the one liner, but it was worth the punishment, if there is to be one. AAC

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join