It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entering Area 51

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I just had the thought, and now i'm going to take action upon it

but my idea is...

Did you ever notice how everyone always wanted to go into Area 51, yet we all know thats not possible. Well has anyone ever thought of sending in a robot. If we could build a small remote controlled RC car, that would have a digital camera attached to it, maybe that would wirelessly send its images back to the computer. Or it could have a timed camera and take pictures every some odd seconds. Obviesly the RC would be camoflauged to look like a bush, found commenly in the Nevada Area. We could keep it stationary during the day, yet as always their would be a few problems.

What is the distance that this RC could travel to?

What would power an RC for that long

How could we wirelessly take pictures

How could we wirelessly turn on and off the RC

If any of the electronic, photography, or engenering experts out their would love to lend me a hand, i would greatly appreciate it.

Ask for blueprint. thanks

The boy who waits

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Take a page from nasa .(pathfinder)
first get your RC vehicle (I say vehicle because a car isent the best idea .
The best Idea would be to desine a RC from scrach making it immpossible for it to rollover .
Now the whole travel at night thing isent bad and mit get you right up to the edge of the concreat. anyway to power it simply put solar cells on it .
That way it charges during the day and rools as far as possible at night even if its only 100 feet a night you will get there evently .
finly you need a wireless camra that can send Data storing it would do you no good as im sure eventuly your RC will be cought and intergated.
the camra would be INSIDE the rc and only be deployed (on a arm )
when the RC is not in motion . farther more the camra would be able to deploy eather Up Or down . This is because of your Rc desine being if it is turned over it will still be able to run and now the bottom of the RC has become the top . Just like the ones they sell to the kids.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
A few problems with this, actually...

• Motion detectors would detect the movement.
  • Seismic sensors would pick up its movement as well.
  • You would have to be transmitting to the car, which means a simple directional antenna can lead whomever to your location.

Your best bet would be a model rocket with a small video camera and some sort of equipment to transmit what it sees. Of course, you would have to set up some place to launch from which would have to be nearby... And if they didn't spot you while you were setting it up they would spot it from the launch.

So what you would need to do is launch a rocket with some sort of recording and transmitting capabilities from nearby. Then you would want a transceiver at your launch pad. This would take the signal from the rocket and relay it to you somewhere else. Of course, you would lose all of this equipment which would, no doubt, cost an exhorbant amount of money. You could launch the rocket by the means of some sort of electronic timer, cutting out the need for a wire leading to it or to transmit anything to there.

Also, if you were spotted setting all this up they could simply take it all as you walked away. Or they could come and detain you while you were setting it up. Or they could let you set it up, launch it, and have simply followed you back to where you were waiting to watch from, then arrest you and never allow you to see the light of day again.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hate to break it to ya. Although that is a fabulous idea, there are several problems that you would encounter...

1.) There are motion detectors everywhere

2.) The security level is more intense as you go proceed further into the leels

3.) the MIB, or...the gov would know. And they probably already know about your idea. You shouldn't have posted it, because they can see it. however, i am not excatly sure about that.

4.) Why not fly a plane inside, I mean a little miniature plane. With a little cam. There are ways to build these things. Boy is the gov catches you, you are in deep # my friend...deep, deep #....

5.) if you are caught, you will have to pay a HUGE fine that you will no be able to afford.

My idea- Why don't you...try to find a way to get inside by pretending to be mind controlled by an alien. Say the following, "I am a humaniod mind controlled person. I have no idea what the other alternative would be...

However, I wish you good luck!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
4.) Why not fly a plane inside, I mean a little miniature plane. With a little cam. There are ways to build these things. Boy is the gov catches you, you are in deep # my friend...deep, deep #....

Anything that requires you to send information (such as control surface movements) will easily be traced to your location with a directional antenna. And since they're just listening to what you're sending you wouldn't even know they were after you until they had you on the ground in handcuffs.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
yea i understand the problems i will have the confront
and even if the MIB or CIA or FBI or WE sees this i dont care....i havn't done anything and its not illigal to think i never said if i was going to do it or when i would do it.

With that cleared up i guess its time to confront the problems.
Alright with the tracing of the movements i was thinking that i could configure an RC that would be self propelled so if they were to capture the RC there would be nothing to trace back to and yes i would have to be mighty carefull about how i worked on the RC, i wouldn't be able to let any DNA or fingerprints be found.

With the motion detectors....anyone know how strong they are for instince could they measure movement that was so slow. Obviesly i wouldn't be driving the RC across at max speed that would be incredibly stupid. This RC would be pre programmed

Reach a desired point.
Snap a few photos.
Head back out to the extraction point.

Obviesly i would start small for instince taking a rarely used route. Maybe taking a few pictures of close up on the Cammo Dudes.
Plus if the story is true about the man getting all the way into the airfield then the possibilties of an RC are amazing.

The concept of flying a plane inside is impossible, that has been discussed and closed because if you tried it that would be the esiest object to trace.

Now the cammo, i have already found out. I'm going to take a commenly found plant, from Nevada and attach it to the top. So unless examined closely. This would look like a normal plant. The risk of it being driven on is high and i still have not found a way to conqure that problem.

So already a laptop would problibly have to be disassembled and placed stratigly into the RC car. Then i was thinking by USB or firewire i could send the photos to a hard drive.

I agree with Simcity4Rushour and the RC would have to be flipable because of the probability of it running into disasters because of its unmanned controls. plus i agree with the camera idea it would have to be extendble to both areas. Yet i was thinking about experimenting with cameras out in Nevada and seeing how they react to the enviroment. This experiment will take many tests and many years to perfect. I wont go sending any cruddy designs in.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i recall a similar idea being discussed before only with remote control airplanes and cameras... let me try and find the thread

Edit ok i found it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

take a look in there this has been discussed before.

[edit on 2/13/2006 by McGuirk]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
but i already said theirs no way of sending a rocket into the area its IMPOSSIBLE! not enough secrecy to little chance of success
thanks anyway.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Like the post before the one before mine said, this idea has been toyed with, theres a massive thread with different ideas.

You know, I see a problem with the whole radio control/electronics thing, apart from being caught if your sending the vehicle commands, as CMDR said.

Now, the other problem I see, if Area 51 is as advanced as it's claimed to be, don't you think they'd have some sort of non-physical barrier, like an EM field, or a radio wave scrambling field or something like that.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boywhowaits
but i already said theirs no way of sending a rocket into the area its IMPOSSIBLE! not enough secrecy to little chance of success
thanks anyway.

If sending a rocket is impossible, then the other methods are even less possible. The rocket doesn't have to be sent straight up, you know. It could be fired from miles away. A simple internal guidance system (basically a gyroscope) could be used to keep the camera pointed downwards.

Also, what do you mean by "not enough secrecy?" Once the motor would be off the rocket would essentially be coasting silently through the air. A plane or car would make noise and also you would have to control them.

Sure, you could make some sort of automnous vehicle, but do you have the capability to do that? Not even the government had created any sort of vehicle capable of navigating the ground on its own. Even the UAVs still have a person at the other end controlling them.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Why not try remote viewing in to the place? I don't really know how to explain it, but I have done it before. You close your eyes, get yourself in a little trance, and go there.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Yes i understand that it might take me awhile but sierously a boy of 15 has a few years to go.

My plan is quite simple in theory, it will just take a long time to build.

The new breakthrough in GPS will help me ALOT.

OK my plan is to hook the computer up to the GPS and then using the cordinates as a response. I can get a set of cordinates off of Google Earth or maybe something more acurite. Then you plug the GPS cordinates into the computer you assign a movement or a action to be performed. For instince. I want the RC to drive in, take a picture, then drive out again. So i will plant the RC, and it will align itself using the given GPS. And then using the night as cover it will drive along its predetermend route of GPS check points. Then at a given GPS point, the computer will automaticly trigger the camera and the photo will be taken. Then slowly it will fallow the GPS check points back out to the extraction area.

Yes, i'm sorry cmdrkeenkid i talked about something i had little knowledge in i shall do more reserch in the area before commenting again
(oh and i love camander keen the game thats a pretty sweet game lol)

Anyway using the GPS cordinates as check points will help the RC travel through large areas of ground, yet right now my problem is the small terrain. Either i will have to examine the area before the trip. Which will be very dangerous because one hidden rock or hole, and i could lose the RC. So now i shall need to place a enviroment awareness sensor in the RC, yes no such thing is invented but i have the idea. Ok, so we take bats they use sound, and bounce it off objects to find out their directions. So why couldn't we use light as a alternative. We could bounce lasers off of the rocks and brush. Thats just a concept and it would require alot of work. Another thing i could do is manually plot the route the RC would take, this would require ALOT of GPS points but its very possible. By comparing the human eyes view of what i see, to a map and marking the route. I could then put this into GPS positions.

thanks for the help everyone IT HELPS ALOT in my design.

in response to iori_komei their would be no sending of data by me, the RC would do all the transmitting "internally" their would be no outside help, aside from the GPS connection, which can or can not be found? idk.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by boywhowaits]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You know, somethng you could do to, and I've suggested this in another thread, "Infiltrating Area 51" I believe was what it was called,
that maybe you should just wait a few years.
Obtain a cyborg snake or other desert animal, have the electronics built into it, so it does'nt cause any suspicions, and hook up a neural chip to it's brain, so it acts natural, but go's where you want it to go.

You would'nt have the problem of DATA locke (being traced by data signals) either, since it would be collecting it and storing it on an onboard computer, though if there is, as I previously suggested, some kind of EM field around the base, that would screw up the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I just thought of something else...

What do metal objects and electronics do? They emit electromagnetic or, at least, magnetic fields. Especially electronics. I'm sure it's safe to say that there are some sort of EM detectors hidden around in the terrain.

If you're going to build some sort of surface vehicle, you may want to use as much plastic and as little electronics as possible.

[edit on 2/13/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
alright thats a good idea, i don't know how to test that thorey but i'll think about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
1. It doesnt need to be autonomous. You know where your going so you can program a path.

2. The lower it sits to the ground the less motion sensors you have to worry about. Most are tweaked to ignore small animals. (to many false alarms)

3. A machine of that size wouldnt emit enough of a em field to be detectable even at a few feet.

4. Set up a long range transmitter on the vehcile as far as possible.

4. Good luck with fences, small ditches, rocks, large plants.

5. Scrap the small idea and go for punch.. IE Large armored vehicle able to punch through fences and ignore rocks. Must be able to withstand large caliber gun fire, and all but extremley well placed rpg fire.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boywhowaits
I just had the thought, and now i'm going to take action upon it

but my idea is...

Did you ever notice how everyone always wanted to go into Area 51, yet we all know thats not possible. Well has anyone ever thought of sending in a robot. If we could build a small remote controlled RC car, that would have a digital camera attached to it, maybe that would wirelessly send its images back to the computer. Or it could have a timed camera and take pictures every some odd seconds. Obviesly the RC would be camoflauged to look like a bush, found commenly in the Nevada Area. We could keep it stationary during the day, yet as always their would be a few problems.

What is the distance that this RC could travel to?

What would power an RC for that long

How could we wirelessly take pictures

How could we wirelessly turn on and off the RC

If any of the electronic, photography, or engenering experts out their would love to lend me a hand, i would greatly appreciate it.

Ask for blueprint. thanks

The boy who waits

You know how protected these areas are? ....i don't know much about

Area 51......but no one does......but do you know where it is located?

i know Area 52 is located in Australia and Area 53 is located in Anarctica.

Anyone ever thought of how advanced the government might be? they

MIGHT be the one driving SOME of the UFOs we see in the sky........

i am not sure whether or not im correct....but I have something to back

that up.....the Flight 93 from 9/11/01....how did it go down? well

after the president heard about another plane going for the white house

he called [the governments up that have the UFOs] up to bring down the

plane....why am i saying this? i am saying that i think going into Area 51 is

highly impossible with technology we can use......If the government had

this great technology i think they could of got it from the UFO

crash....where do you think they go? to the government.......

any thoughts?????

[edit on 13-2-2006 by unsolved2490]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

but do you know where it is located?

i know Area 52 is located in Australia and Area 53 is located in Anarctica.Text

Anyone who researches government conspiracies knows that..

Area 51 is the popular public name for the Groom Dry Lake testing facility in Nevada.

Also, it's not called Area 51 because there are other secret "Area's", it just happens to be the 51st teting range on the Nellis bomb testing range charts.

Never heard of an Area 52 or 53 in Australia or Antarctica, I think Australia has that Pine Gap place, as for Antarctica, it's doubtful there's any military base there like Area 51.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I beleive this would be area 51... Easy enough to figure out where it is by zooming out!

maps.google.ca...,+NV&t=k&hl=en&ll=37.235522,-115.815983&spn=0.077901,0.193462&t=k

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
yes, everything you have said is completely true. yes the government does fly the UFOs. Yes Area 52 and 53 are located where you said. Yes, yes, and yes.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join