It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible force pressing on my chest while asleep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hi,

I believe you are experiencing an "Incubus" presence.

You may check this out:

en.wikipedia.org...

However, it's NOT necessarily that you have had a sexual experience as it's stated in the Wikipedia.

Anyway, that "black" entity (or demon) is mentioned in all religions with different names.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
have you tried a docter you might have asthma???....

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I have experienced similar situations myself. My first experience was when I returned home from the hospital after having my son through a C-section but I didn't pay much attention to it and I blamed the pain killer medications I was taking.
Few years later I remember that I just felt as sleep and some weird energy woke me up by touching my hand and I saw like dark shape of different people all standing in the side of my bed like taking pictures or some kind of flashing. At one point I could see myself laying in my bed and could see and hear my TV, that I have left it on before I fell to sleep. The real strange thing was I was looking at the whole situation from above and I tried to move and open my eyes but no matter how hard I tried. I could not move a finger. That time that energy was so strong that I slept with my mother that night.
Since then I have experienced several different ones, always when Im sleeping.
Once I was sleeping in a hotel room and in the middle of the night I felt this heavy weight on top of me and I could NOT move and I was trying to touch my husband to wake him up but I couldn't move a finger. This heavy dark shape with a big belly. Some how I knew it was a male. It was horrible!
The next one happened in a hotel in Israel while I was sleeping again I could see my self sleeping in bed and these(people)NOT shadows this time trying to get to me in bed. Again I couldn't wake up or move to do nothing about it. It was like I was ready to see my own murder.
I have not thought about this experiences for a while. Last night I fell to sleep with my hands on my chest when a weight on top of my hands woke me up. I felt like some one's hands were on top of mine. I think I woke up before the energy got stronger. That's why I was allowed to open my eyes and was able to move. Thank GOD
I only have told my mom, my husband and some relatives. Usually I am a very open person but some how I have the feeling of not telling anyone.
Can you guys advise me or give me any info on these strange events that i've been experiencing for while.
Thank you very much.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
READ THIS NOW

i just experienced this and i googled "paranormal experiences ; force pushing on chest"

okay, first off im 17 years old.
i was on no drugs whatsoever, eating right (so i wasnt faint), and not tired.
im sitting in my bed right? and my dog is chillen with me by my feet.
she just stopped and started to stare and i thought she heard something outside so i just ignored it. she continued to keep staring except this time she was moving her head as if she was following something. i got kinda freaked out and muted my tv, called my parents to see if they could come upstairs to check if something was outside. my parents didnt answer and i started to get really nervous. my dog started moving her head more rapidly and looked at the corner of my cieling and started to move her head towards me.
when my dog looked right next to me, i first felt a tingle and then something push down on me. i couldnt raise my arms and my chest felt like it was sinking in. i got really freaked out and tried to get up and i couldnt for a good 3 seconds. i finally got up and my dogs ears were back and she looked very alert. when i got up i felt something literally feel like it went through my body.
i dont know what the heck it was but i immediately rushed downstairs to my parents.

my mom told me she had an experience like this (only paranormal experience she has had so far) right after my aunt passed away. she said that she was in her garage and she felt something push on her chest and saw a demonic face, she told me that she started to tell whatever it was to go away and it eventually left.

so i dont know about this "old hag" buisness. i mean, i wasnt asleep when it happened, wide awake actually. and it was just so weird. i reaally truely feel like i just had my first encounter with a ghost

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I have had the same thing happen to me in my sleep on more than a few occassions. It actually happened about 3 times in one month, than it stopped. I was sleeping and it felt like I was half-awake. If you know what I mean. I was aware of what was going on around me, but I could not speak or move. I felt groggy, like I was waking up from sedation. There was a dark, thin man-like figure and it was sitting on me. I tried screaming help but it only came out in a whisper. I eventually got myself up, and the figure disappered. It was the scariest thing that even happened to me. About a week later the figure came back and started talking to me about a door, about going through a door. I still have no clue what it means. All I know is this figure returned once more about 4 days later and it felt like it was trying to take the life out of me. It was the scariest thing I have ever had happened to me. All this subsided for awhile until I had another run-in with another dark spirit. This was about 2 years after the first occurance, and it was after I got a lamp out of my grandmother house. The lamp would start to turn on and off in the middle of the night by itself. One night I said to my boyfriend, "That lamp in the living room turned on by itself again, go shut it off!" It then shut off by itself, as soon as I said that. One night I also saw a black figure in the dark by the lamp. I think it was maybe attached to it in some way. All I know is since I got rid of the lamp, I haven't seen the dark figure. Does anyone know what this could be, and why does it keep coming to me? I have always had experiences with ghost since I was a child, but these dark figures are pure EVIL. It makes me sick to just talk about them. I just had a little girl recently, and I hope she does not get my "gift" to have contact with other-wordly things.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hi,
Well, I also had had experience

d the same.
Alhamdulilah (Thanks God) I am muslim and when I read the few verses of Quran in my heart, the problem vanished.

The QURAN is a miracle, science, scared, holy, unchangble, holy, medicine and cureand internal and spritual and physical diseas, its a book of Commands and Direction, it covers all the privious book teachings, it helps men kind and solution to all the problem.Islam teaches purity and cleanes (if some of the followers of Islam - some muslims are not practicing it then we can not blame Islam. Whosoever put into practice the teachings of Islam, they will benefit).

Purity of body and mind keeps the evil and devil both away.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
it is what we in the Caribbean call jumbie press....it is said your not suppose to sleep on your back as this invisible force called a jumbie is going to press down on you

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Belthermar

something like that happened to me a few wks ago. I was asleep next to my husband and was (seemingly) awakened by some sort of shadowy figure hitting me in the chest, violently pushing me around my bed. It wasn't able to hurt me; it didn't seem to have the strangth. I was too shocked to scream and the moment I desided to try to get my hubbys attention I felt myself falling back to sleep. I mean, I could feel my head turn and it almost felt like I was passing out.
I've been rationalizing it; telling myself thats it was just a "False Awakening". But after what happened to me the other day, and then finding out today that my grandfather Charlie died that same day and the fact that I see aura's and what has been explained to me are just "floaters" and "after-image". I am beginning to get a little curious as to the possibility of an actual spirit world... you know the place most of us have learned about through religious studies. To me it just seem's wierd that most of the devout pride themselves on how grounded they are. I'm not mad at them... its just that, I don't have anyone to talk to about this. Anywho, thanks for reading.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
For anyone who has read this thread there is another one on hub pages that I think you will find helpful. If you read the whole page it will be quite helpful and help you to not feel so alone.
Sleep Paralysis

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
sleep paralyze is common, don't get freaked out by it. Everyone will experience it at least once in their life. Now if this event occurs with an actual apparition ( disembodied figures, shadows, mist, light orbs), the feeling of dread, the feeling of being watched when alone, strange noises or odors, foot steps being heard. Then you got something to worry about. Sounds to me you just had a common case of sleep paralyzation.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i don't normally experience this but.. coincidently when i used to take large doses of amitripyline an anti depressant / sedative i found myself experiencing this each time i had control of the situation but decided to wake myself up because i got strong anxiety, i didn't see any evil figures as you say though

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ahhh, that's totally sleep paralysis. I get this at least once every two weeks or so... for as long as I can remember. Although for some reason I don't feel fear, but rather annoyance and frustration. The dream that accompanies it is usually that I'm late for something, like class or a test, and I'm lying in bed trying to pry the covers off of myself, but I can't move. I see the blankets around me and my bedroom is exactly as it should be... but I can't move or speak. And when I finally become awake and aware, I'm usually freezing and covered in sweat... hmm so maybe that's a physical sign that I do feel fear.

So, I suppose sometimes I feel anxiety with it, it all depends on my mental state when I go to bed... and sometimes on the time I go to bed. I find that it's more likely to happen to me when I'm taking a nap, rather than when I'm sleeping for the night.

Either way, I'm glad I haven't had some of the hauntingly fearful experiences from sleep paralysis that have been described here.
But, who knows, maybe I have and I've forced it from my memory.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
OMG!! Weird story, just happened 6am GSO NC.
I decided to stay at a hotel because my roomates are aggrivating, and i wanted to get away. Before going to sleep, something in my head was screaming at me..(weird)..Screaming my name saying "NOOOO!", I was scared to go to sleep! I beat the fact and rested (horrible light sleep). 30mins into my sleep, a TINGLEY feeling came over my ribcage (sorta like when your body part falls asleep, and it tingles), NO this tingle was massive and the only way i could describe it was big tingles?!? Scared me so bad I tried to sit up, but couldnt. So i forced myself up and crunched about half way up, and it pushed me back down on my back! (while laying in the bed!!) So, i laid there till the tingle stopped, and rolled over.. Now, i DONT KNOW IF i was sleep, because I screamed (a manly growl) trying to sit up, but when i was pushed back down, i then opened my eyes..nothing there. I want to cry because i dont know if it was the Holy Ghost, or if it was a demon (that hag everybody talks about..it's not her..)I dont know what to do, I am scared to death..So I googled my experience (push, chest, tingle, while sleep) and discovered this website. I hope someone here has experienced this, so they can tell me what is going on?! HELP!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's just 'sleep paralysis', where you are only semi conscious. When we sleep, the brain releases chemicals to stop us acting out our dreams. Sometimes we can regain consciousness with this chemical still in our system, which means we are awake, but paralysed.

It's perfectly normal, and nothing to be worried about.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
It's just 'sleep paralysis', where you are only semi conscious. When we sleep, the brain releases chemicals to stop us acting out our dreams. Sometimes we can regain consciousness with this chemical still in our system, which means we are awake, but paralysed.

It's perfectly normal, and nothing to be worried about.

was that referring to my post? the post above yours? Starts with OMG?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
sigh.. come on people.

This isn't an incubus, or an out of body experience..

It's sleep paralysis, it's scary, I've had it for years.
When you go to sleep your body goes into a semi paralytic state so you don't thrash around during your r.e.m. stage and hurt yourself. Sometimes you wake up "in the wrong order" and your body is still paralyzed. Since you return to reality in such an order a lot of times there are lingering remnants of your dreams that appear in "the real world." For me I always sense a malevolent presence just outside of my door, or just out of my visual range.
A lot of people claim something is pressing on their chest, usually a "demon."
It usually only lasts for a few seconds (which seem like eternity) but it can happen for much longer, it's not permanent (unless say you have meningitis in which case.. its not sleep paralysis, which what you are describing certainly is) Some people claim out of body experience with this (i've had one when I was very young, and since my mind was functioning normally and awake and i was trying to assimilate the dreams, i automatically assumed i was dead)i was like 8 then, i'm 24 now and still have it, but its fairly easy to control.

THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO.
Basically through "trail and error", actually just years of dealing with this, i figured out that I only get sleep paralysis from sleeping on my back (supine) or sleeping on my right side (the right side thing is weird and not the norm) but you are sleeping on your back most likely right? If you wake up, do exactly what you did focus on a small movement until you wake up.

No sense in being concerned over some harm that might come to you from the supernatural.. this has happened for as long as people have slept, people who have had sudden adult death syndrome are probably the people who were terrified that this was the result of some demon and were scared into heart attack or arrhythmia.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join