It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Muslim's planning protest in Britain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Just wondering why Thousand's of Muslim's are protesting in Trafalgar square today?
Why? The British press didn't print the Mohammed cartoons!
Why don't they march in Denmark?
Can anyone give me an explanation.
Seriously confused....

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Representative from over 650 mosques and Islamic centres were attending an "emergency convention" in Birmingham /UK on Wednesday, organized as a uniform campaign under the name of Muslim Action Committee, INRA reported.

Their intention is to change the laws in UK:

British Muslim leaders on Wednesday called for the UK Parliament to amend the country's Race Relations Act and to change the rules governing the Press Complaints Commission allowing it to ban British newspapers from publishing the blasphemous cartoons. (more)

BBC reports, The MAC (Muslim Action Committee) are to stage a protest march in London on 18 February, expected to attract 20,000 to 50,000 people.

A mass ralley will underline the call to change that UK laws. - And since the UK has a big voice within the EU, it will be easy then to change the laws in the EU afterwards, I think.

Related ATS links:
ATS: Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List
ATS: Some of the cartoons inserted by radical Danish imams?
ATS: Cartoon protests turn deadly
ATS: Egypt Printed Cartoons Months Ago, Yet No One Cared
ATS: 100's of Muslims protest Muhammad cartoons in London…But how many protest terror?

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
WHY bow down to them this is the WEST not middle east if they dont like the ways how we live in OUR country then don't live here, if they want to live here then live by our ways and laws and RESPECT our ways and laws as they know they are different from their ways and laws, don't try and bend our laws to their wants and needs as its their choice to come and live here.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by blobby]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
WHY bow down to them this is the WEST not middle east if they dont like the ways how we live in OUR country then don't live here, if they want to live here then live by our ways and laws and RESPECT our ways and laws as they know they are different from their ways and laws, don't try and bend our laws to their wants and needs as its their choice to come and live here.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by blobby]

That sort of behavior is happening all over the world. Don't be surprised. We are losing our founding fathers culture here in America, too. It's turning to mush in our "melting pot" that we've created by our pourous borders. It's not just happening here, either.....

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   

if they dont like the ways how we live in OUR country then don't live here

I am not sure if one can say "we" and "they"

I think Muslims in UK are not all strangers but also have UK citizenship.
So it is then also their country, not only 'your' country.

It is a normal right in a democracy for a group to wish a change in laws - and also to go on the streets and demonstrate.

I've just heard UK-mayor Ken Livingstone will attend todays demonstration in UK.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Riwka,
have you ever heard Muslims speak about England / UK, as "Thier" country? no, and thats because Pakistan / Middle east is "Their" spiritual home ect ect ect and they don't think of UK as "Home".

When the Asians I work with talk about going home, "Home" is Pakistan, and yet they all are born and raised in the UK, and if you think that Muslims support the UK just look at how Muslim service personell refused to go to war in Iraq / Afghanistan: Their excuse? cannot fight fellow Muslims.

Muslims just want one thing: The law and rules their way, and if it acts against the rest of western society, tough.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Too right. They are barbarians and should be sent to the moon to live. Or something.

I guess we are stuck with the idiots. Nevermind, just look at how stupid the Christians look nowadays. Creepy feckers, ain't they? Same thing will happen to them.

Or we'll kill their asses.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Why are Muslim's planning protest in Britain?

Because there is now rising protests worldwide against these cartoons that no-one else really bothered about. It also depends on which type of muslim you are, some dont bother seeing pictures as idols while other muslims do.

A mass ralley will underline the call to change that UK laws. - And since the UK has a big voice within the EU, it will be easy then to change the laws in the EU afterwards, I think.

They will have NO chance in changing the law as it would violate the right to free speech, which has a higher precedent than religous intolerance.

I am not sure if one can say "we" and "they" I think Muslims in UK are not all strangers but also have UK citizenship.

If you really think on it where are we so called Brits from, English are of anglosaxon and norman decent, the Scots, Welsh and Irish trace their roots back to Romania ish and Egypt so really the UK belongs to no one as does all other countries

and if you think that Muslims support the UK just look at how Muslim service personell refused to go to war in Iraq / Afghanistan: Their excuse? cannot fight fellow Muslims. Muslims just want one thing: The law and rules their way, and if it acts against the rest of western society, tough.

Look at the muslims in these countries though, they might not be able to fight their fellow muslims but the make a good job of blowing them up, torturing and kidnap. Its not just muslims that want everything their way look at Bush and Blair or the man that lives next door to you.

G

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
They protest here because they are too lazy to travel to Denmark. That is because they don't really care about the issue. Which is similar to why people here didn't go to Iran to protest about Saddam. They were cowards and wanted a soft option.

I hate hippies.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien DNA
Just wondering why Thousand's of Muslim's are protesting in Trafalgar square today?
Seriously confused....

because theyre a bunch of hippys and they like to cause trouble. buncha turncoat hoolagins those muslims. they can inslult americans and anyone else by burnin flags but if someone draws a cartoon hell breaks loose.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Seriously confused....

To try to answer your question, as you've not provided any links, today in Toronto 1500 Muslims protseted outside of the Danish embassy. Which technically is Danish soil.

Man, I can't believe the ignorance I've read in this thread. Grow up people. If you have NO respect for anything else, try to have some for this site.

Edit: To add, the protest was peaceful.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Seriously confused....

To try to answer your question, as you've not provided any links, today in Toronto 1500 Muslims protseted outside of the Danish embassy. Which technically is Danish soil.

Man, I can't believe the ignorance I've read in this thread. Grow up people. If you have NO respect for anything else, try to have some for this site.

Edit: To add, the protest was peaceful.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by intrepid]

This is the crux of the matter, too many 'liberals' in positions of power in Great Britain allowing this sort of attitude to prevail. If it continues and nothing is done, then it will be too late and the UK will actually become a divided nation, with a substantial corner declaring itself a sharia republic. These people are bringing conflict whether the west wants it or not.

Think I am talking nonsense? Then visit any English town of substantial size and see the mini- Karachis which have set up in enclaves.

Too many politicians like Blair think that , because they themselves are peace loving and tolerant, then everybody else is the same. What a huge mistake.

What needs to be done, and done urgently is to stop treating the muslims like a special case and apply the law of the land to them as to any other group.

For many hundreds of years there have been laws in the UK against incitement, treason and sedition. These have been enforced successfully against many different groups to ensure the peaceful status quo in the birthplace of civilisation.

I am quite sure that Britons would be very happy to accept the muslims in their midst if they can see them contributing positively to society. After all, a great many Britons would trace their own roots to an immigrant community in some way if they could go far back enough, be it Norman, Saxon, Viking or whatever.

The problem at the moment is that Britons see the muslims as coming into the UK for one reason only, the social security system. They receive payouts from a system into which they have not contributed a penny and this causes resentment amongst the host population. These people do not want to integrate. They do not recognise that they are guests in a friendly host country. They are there simply to take, take, take and give nothing back in return.

Muslims who have made the effort to integrate have made valuable contributions to life in the UK, but sadly they are a tiny minority.

If they are in the UK, they should acknowledge this and respect the customs, traditions culture and sensitivities of the host country. Attempt to learn the language for example. I speak as an immigrant myself in a country which could teach Britain a thing or two. I have learned Spanish and try to live like the locals. There is no way I would expect them to adapt for my benefit. I do not expect to be able to milk their social security system. I do not expect their doctors to talk to me in English.

Here, they know that their biggest problem is illegal Moroccan immigrants. The Spanish government has signed a treaty with the Moroccan government which means that they can return illegals immediately without any fuss and the pointless legal process which the UK puts itself through.

The UK needs to wise up and do away with the trendy right-on attitudes when dealing with people like this, or suffer the consequences.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Englishman_in_Spain]

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Englishman_in_Spain]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well Enlgishman in Spain, I don't think that the muslims who have adapted to life in the UK and are citizens who contribute to UK society are a "tiny minority" while the rest sponge of the state...

there are PLENTY of muslim professionals keeping this country going with the rest of us... especially in the NHS and phamicuticals industry...

I think Riwka really said it when stating that citizens in democracies have the right to want to change laws, and the peaceful rally yesterday was an excellent example of the integrated MODERATE muslims demonstratying their right to protest within the social and legal framework... also showing that not all of this reaction has been like the extreme examples blatantly orchastrated or exploited by more radical ends of the Islamic spectrum...

Q

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Isn't HAMAS on Britains Terror-List?

The Muslim campaigners behind a mass rally in Trafalgar Square on Saturday have close links to Islamic terror groups:

Terror link of 'moderate' Muslims at London rally

Despite promoting itself as the ‘moderate’ voice of Islam, the Muslim Association of Britain includes a former military commander of Hamas, the Palestinian organisation behind dozens of suicide bombings in Israel.

The Association has also been described in Parliament as the British wing of the Muslim Brotherhood, the banned Egyptian group whose former members include Osama Bin Laden.

The revelations raise serious questions about support given by London Mayor Ken Livingstone to the rally. [...] He hosted a press conference at his offices on Thursday to promote the demonstration as a chance to air the views of moderate Muslims.

However, Labour MP Louise Ellman said the MAB was an ‘extremist’ group whose members repeatedly advocated suicide bombings in Israel.

“They are an extremely dangerous organisation,” she said. “Leading members of MAB have indicated their links with Hamas and their support for suicide bombings abroad. It is not tenable for a group to support suicide bombings in another country while expecting to be seen as moderate in this country.”

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka

if they dont like the ways how we live in OUR country then don't live here

I am not sure if one can say "we" and "they"

I think Muslims in UK are not all strangers but also have UK citizenship.
So it is then also their country, not only 'your' country.

Hang on; a bunch of foreigners are brought in, without a vote, by a conspiracy of the political classes, and the rest of us suddenly have to pretend -- what we all know is untrue -- that they are British, and so can't be criticised?

Most of these people were brought in during the last 10 years. But I don't remember voting for it.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by roger_pearse
Hang on; a bunch of foreigners are brought in, without a vote, by a conspiracy of the political classes, and the rest of us suddenly have to pretend -- what we all know is untrue -- that they are British, and so can't be criticised?

Most of these people were brought in during the last 10 years. But I don't remember voting for it.

What?!?!?!?!? So all the massive asian communities (with large muslim contingents) all happened in the last ten years?

Having the 'privilage' of being oppressed as part of the Empire for hundreds of years doesn't entitle you to be 'British' (which is an imperial amalgym term to largely denote those who come under English yoke anyways)???

Originally said by Flava Flave 1991 'Get it right G, get it right!'

Q

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The Danish embassy is Danish soil? What a crock of _ _ _ _!

Shouting outside the embassy isn't going to do anything.

I don't believe in protests anyway. It's bullying. Yeah, even when the million or so Brits protested over the Iraq war. A small part of the population using shouting and nasty banners and sometimes vandalism to get their own way over the majority.

Bullying.

Effing Reclaim the Streets? I'll effing Reclaim the Streets! Crusty buggers.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by albie
The Danish embassy is Danish soil? What a crock of _ _ _ _!

Shouting outside the embassy isn't going to do anything.

Not sure what you mean by this, of course the Danish embassy is Danish soil. If it wasn't why bother having the embassy in the first place? Chances are these people feel strongly about what their protesting, but can't afford to fly where ever they feel like everytime they wan't something changed.

What do you suggest the protestors do?

Originally posted by albie
I don't believe in protests anyway. It's bullying.

A small part of the population using shouting and nasty banners and sometimes vandalism to get their own way over the majority.

They have the right to protest, just as the cartoonist have the right to free speech. BTW Interpid has already pointed out it was a peaceful protest....

All of this contraversy surrounding these cartoons is ridiculous anyways. I don't have a problem with Muslims wanting their religion respected, but when they want any kind of cartons to be illegal that is getting a little carried away. The only thing worse than be upset over them, is defending them and I think everyone involved in this needs to grow up.

new topics

top topics

join