It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the cartoons inserted by radical Danish imams?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I've just read this article from the Canadian Free Press, it states that three of the cartoons were inserted by radical Danish imams in order to provocate and incite religous war against the West.

www.canadafreepress.com...

Anyone any opinions on this? I know that does'nt account for all the pictures, but it does make you think a little more about how much of all this is set up.

I'm not familiar with the CFP as a credible news agency so i'm just saying what i see and i'll leave it open.

CX.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by CX]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Yes, the imams were lying and some of the pictures were faked. I have said so for a very long time but apparently not so many are listening. See the following thread for the details. The "fake pictures / lying imams" are mentioned repeatedly from page 2 and throughout the thread.

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Unfortunately, some will stop at nothing to cause chaos and support their
"agenda"

Here's an insightful quote I like:

War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means.
--Karl Marie von Clausewitz (1780-1831), Prussian general. Often misquoted as "War is nothing but a continuation of politics by other means."
From On War (1833).

Faeryland

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Certainly the three 'extra' cartoons are not of publication standard - they look like something from a student / far right 'fanzine' mag.

But how do we know they were inserted into any document and if so by whom.

Is it radical imams trying to galvanise popluations into anti western fervour?

Or is it CIA etc trying to show us how intollerant and reactionary muslims are?

Clearly someone is whipping this up into a storm.

BTW (contrary to CFP's assertion) the BBC has only ever referred to 12 cartoons so that part of CFP's story's certainly inaccurate.

On Clausewitz - John Keegan (the esteemed military historian) argued the vC got it wrong - politics is actually a continuation of war by other means

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
theglobeandmail.com

Very good article. Looks like the guy who starting this who mess is regreting his decision to seek outside help. What did he expect I mean cmon. Apparently his own Family in Denmark is distancing themselves from him now. Frankely I don't blame them.

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 8-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Look here. Riwka posted on this page a few scans from Egyptian Newspaper Al Fagr on October 17, 2005. They printed the cartoons!
So why are they so crazy now? Hmmm, I wonder...

Originally posted by Riwka

• nobody in Egypt protested,
  • nobody wanted an apolgy for the re-publishing
  • no death threads against Al Fagr
  • nobody stormed the embassy of Egypt somewhere
  • nobody burned the egyptian flag...

• top topics

join