It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My country has more medals then yours.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is the Jules Rimet trophy won by England in 1966 and permanetly held by Brazil , although not the original that was stolen and presumed smelted .

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Oh come on.............you can do better than that!

On topic, they should give gold medals for wipeouts in downhill skiing.

Peace

See now that I might actually watch. Oh, come on! The only reason anyone watches the Olympics to begin with is in the anticipation that someone will really screw up and hurt themselves.

What!?! It's just me?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What the heck is FIFA? Sounds like something I would take antibiotics for...

We are still in 3rd... 3 back from Norway and 1 behind the Ruskies.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
What the heck is FIFA? Sounds like something I would take antibiotics for...

Fédération Internationale de Football Association , the world governing body of real football

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckaroo
Fédération Internationale de Football Association , the world governing body of real football

I didn't know you guys played Football over there... We call ours the NFL. National Football League. That's cool!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Lostsailor what happened with the USA vs. Latvia game

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor[/i

I didn't know you guys played Football over there... We call ours the NFL. National Football League. That's cool!

Actually I meant it toungue in cheek soccers world governing body if you will ,but sure we play Football too, NFL Europe.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Why you!!! It's a warm up round my man... Just a warm up for the Canuck can kicking contest!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Wait, hold on...

Are our baby bros from up north really talking smack about soccer?

Where were you in the last world cup? I seem to remember the US getting to the quarter-finals... I don't remember watching Canada or even England make it that far.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Huh?
What you talking about? Soccer sucks. We talking Hockey.

Lostsailor don't feel too bad Italy actually managed to score twice on Brodeur

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I don't remember watching Canada or even England make it that far.

You've got a rubbish memory then. USA lost to Germany in the quarters [who England destroyed away from home by 5 goals to 1 a year previous], while England were knocked out, also in the quaters, by the eventual world champions, Brazil.

World Cup 2002

Just for the record, Canada didn't even make it to the finals.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I for one, don't really give a monkey's
for all your medals.

For the size of your country and the size of your population that takes part in winter sports, you Yanks have all the right climatical and competitor conditions to win almost every gold medal.

Yet it took a plucky 24 year old girl called Shelley Rudman, from a tiny village called Pewsey in the middle of Salisbury Plain - a military training area, in only her 2nd year of competing in the skeleton, at a senior level at the Olympics, to wipe the smiles off quite a few faces of several Olympian compeditors who have been doing it for years.

Here in the UK, there are no proper tracks or ski runs, snow or whatever for her to practice her sport on. In fact, the villagers in Pewsey had to club together and chip in the £4,000 in took to get her to Italy.

Although she only won a silver medal, Shelly has achieved so much more than all your winter athletes have, who had everything at their disposal.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well... The states are back in 4th now... But they still lead the count in gold medals!!!

And... How the heck did this thread get turned into a Soccer thing? No one cares about your Soccer!!!

[edit on 16-2-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Huh?
What you talking about? Soccer sucks. We talking Hockey.

Lostsailor don't feel too bad Italy actually managed to score twice on Brodeur

Ohhh. Hockey. The "other" sport in the US.

My Flyers are going to kick your Maple Leafs ass, right after the US wins the gold.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

My Flyers are going to kick your Maple Leafs ass, right after the US wins the gold.

Do you mean the same Flyers that have more than 1/3 Canadian content on their roster?

Sorry to tell you, it takes MORE Canadian content to win the Cup. See the Lightning, 17 out of 23 players, Canadian.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Do you mean the same Flyers that have more than 1/3 Canadian content on their roster?

Sorry to tell you, it takes MORE Canadian content to win the Cup. See the Lightning, 17 out of 23 players, Canadian.

Funny, because it was getting that stupid worthless overhyped canadian perenial under-achiever Lindros that cost my Fly-Guys a chance at the cup for half a decade.

If only we had had Forsberg then, we would have been hoisting the cup instead of the Aves.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Fritz....hush! And should the rest of you discount my Dallas Stars so quickly?? I think a look a the stats will answer that

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
What the
do you mean shush?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You know... I've been doing some thinking. I know, it hurts. But I really think you Canadians should rethink who you are rooting for to win the gold medal in ice hockey. Think about it, Canada wins... Again. Woo hoo... The NHL still has the same old fan base. Now, if the USA wins the gold... You can say hello to quite a few new hockey fans. See where I am going with this?

Oh yeah!!! How about them women? *wink*

[edit on 17-2-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Not I. I WANT a contraction to take place as the talent pool won't be as diluted as it is today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join