It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you guys ever heard of Aleister Crowley?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung

once at the head of the O.T.O. operation Jack Parsons conducted a giant satanic ritual aided by a fellow O.T.O. member with the name Frater "H". in 1948 the same year George Bush Sr. was baptized as Magog, Parsons undertook one of the most dark rituals known to kabballahist "The Babylon Working" this ritual requires the initiate to visualize the tree of life with its 10 spheres and its 22 connecting pathways.

Jack was never head of the O.T.O. at least not to my knowledge. When Crowley stepped down as the head of the O.T.O. Grady McMurtry took over. I had the pleasure of meeting him back in the 70's.

This ritual you speak of isn't so dark a ritual as you might think. Granted if you are Christian, perhaps it is quite dark. But, Magick isn't dark at all, just very misunderstood.

between the top 3 spheres and the lower 7 spheres there is the so called abyss. the place where ones personality even ones sanity is destroyed. if the initiate successfully spans the abyss with personality intact he becomes a black brother of the kabballah. a black magician of the so called "left hand path." in the tradition of the Judaic Mysticism these black magicians are utter evil. this giant "Babylon Working" ritual saw Parsons aided by Frater "H" project their astral bodies into the dark abyss of Lucifer.

Ahhh yes the Abyss, been there, done that; very nasty place. One does not survive the Abyss with the Ego intact, and if by some chance they do, they are indeed insane. The whole idea of traversing the Abyss is to destroy the Ego, so that One can attain to greater heights, though, the road after the Abyss makes the path leading to the Abyss seem like kintergarden. Neither path is easy. But, when One emerges from the Abyss they are not neccessarily on the Left Hand Path, though their experiences within the Abyss will determine which path they follow, if they follow any path at all.

The Abyss isn't overseen by Lucifer; it is the great demon/god Choronzon. [See Liber 418, 10th Aire]

There is an old joke about Parsons and HUnnard. It seems that they were having drinks one afternoon, and Hubbard made a bet with Parsons that in one weekend he could create a religion that would attract many to it. It appears he won. Though the religion of Hubbard is little more than watered down Thelema, and stated in a more material manner. I wonder how Tom Cruise would feel if he knew the truth about it? Always makes me laugh.

Etharzi od Oma

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Aleister Crowley died at 11 am on Monday, December 1, 1947.

Ya know when I read this, it didn't sink in right away. But then I checked it against the diary. Crowley appearently lost 3 days between late May and December of that year. I guess that might be expected, but, it is quite unlike Crowley.

Just an observation...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I know this is old I Just thought whoever had the diary should know, that it is a parody. It is not aleister crowleys real diary.
Search for 'The Pangenetor Paraodies" and it was published as a joke in the 1990s as a collection of all the satire the OTO lodge of Pangenetor Lodge published in the preceding years in its Lodge journals.
They are meant to be satire, they are not his real diaries. Just to let you know.
www.cornelius93.com...

"Note: Originally published as Pangenetor Parody No. 2
PANGENETOR LODGE PUBLICATIONS
November 16th, 1994EV Anno IV ii, also published
in RED FLAME No.6 The Foolish Issue (1999). "

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Crowley is considered by many to be the most accomplished sorcerer (for lack of a better term) in recent history. His writings on the summoning of demons is semenal.

Fixed.

I guess with new members there will always be this sort of thread.
With my Levi's on, I guess I'm going to have to carry that Waite.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Isnt there a theory that says Aleister Crowley became Hitler? It was pretty hard to argue with. I remember it from back when ATS had that game....that rocked by the way and totaly needs to come back.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Yes but to those that reject all supernatural, he will just stand out as a mad man. I will trough, on the basis of my own experience of the supernatural, dismiss him out of hand. Crowley was undoubtedly a genius based on his merits in the various occult societies he attended. My own occult work is not based on Crowley , but more on direct spiritual contact and primitive blood rituals. Being absent from these practices for a long time, I still follow these subjects with interest. If anyone wants to share information or are interested in more in depth information on magical practices I will be available for personal contact U2U. I will however warn against a playful attitude regarding these matters.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I always found Jimmy Page's obsession with Crowley of interest. He was definitely a follower of AC, Crowley found his way into a few of Zeppelin's lyrics. Jimmy even bought Crowley's mansion that had some interesting dark history.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
While he was a bit deranged in my not so humble opinion, some of his words are easily taken out of context. Forgive me for the reference, but in scripture it says, "He that hath ears, let him hear." Which is generally like someone quoting some lolcats meme and other people not getting the reference. He hid his true teachings while putting on a display for the non-believers that fed right into what they wanted to think of him. What easier way to hide what your doing than to convince people you are the crazy person they assume you are. They'll nod knowingly and wander off patting themselves on the back for seeing things "clearly".

He had said, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law". That doesn't mean just go out and be a destructive anarchist and do whatever you feel like. I'm reminded of the character Edgar Friendly in Demolition Man with his rant. Rather that the will shapes reality. That if you want something to happen, you must will it into existance. "If ye have faith but as a mustard seed..."

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join