It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you guys ever heard of Aleister Crowley?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
what i'm wondering is how you guys can know what a demon looks like?

where do we find portraits or photographs?

There are very old (dating in some cases back 500+ years) writen descriptions of many demons. In more modern time, artists have attempted to draw some of them. These drawings are published in a few Occult books.

Edit to add: There are also some old "wood cuts" depicting demons.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by AnthraAndromda]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The only problem with that grey picture is it looks like Mike Judge drew it.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

well, in that case, i've seen them - pictures of demons.
and there are the sketches of the goetic beings.

but i do not see any resemblance, whatsoever, between any of those and LAM.

LAM has to do with Babalon rising, i'm almost certain.
kind of like the precursor for the liberation coming in the Birth of Babalon.

LAM is the babe in the blue egg, as well.
all of it related.

that may not make sense or be how others understand it, but i can't see it any other way so i guess there might be a reason for that.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6abaf54cbc62.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
reply to post by Funkydung

The problem, as I see it, with this, or indeed, any video. or attempt to link Crowley with the Illuminati, as it is understood by most people today is; Crowley was never involved with any group currently extant or historical that even vaguely resembles the modern conceptions of the "Illuminati".

These attempts to associate him with these kind of groups stems solely from a total misunderstanding of the man and his body of teachings.

Etharzi od Oma

yeah i know...this video doesnt try and link crowley with the illuminati...it just talks about the relastionship crowley had with Ron L. Hubbard a.k.a. Frater H. Jack Parsons O.T.O....kabbalah...the very bizzare construction of the H bomb and the dark satanic magic that they were all involved in....talks about the golem child that was presumed created on the impact of the bomb...or the fetus was inside the bomb....its been a while since ive seen this video....i would check it out......very interesting indeed....heres the vid again...you will have to watch all of it to get the whole gist of it.....crazy world we livin in....

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Funkydung]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

THE BIRTH OF BABALON

(by John Whiteside Parsons, 1914-1952 e.v.)

source

What is the tumult among the stars
that have shone so still till now?
What are the furrows of pain and wrath
upon the immortal brow?

Why is the face of God turned grey
and his angels all grown white?
What is the terrible ruby star
that burns down the crimson night?

What is the beauty that flames so bright
athwart the awful dawn?
She has taken flesh, she is come to judge
the thrones ye rule upon.

Quail ye kings for an end is come
in the birth of BABALON.

I have walked three dreadful nights away
in halls beyond despair,
I have given marrow and tears and sweat
and blood to make her fair.

I have lain my love and smashed my heart
and filled her cup with blood,
That blood might flow from the loins of woe
to the cup of brotherhood.

The cities reel in the shout of steel
where the sword of war is drawn.
Sing ye saints for the day is come
in the birth of BABALON.

Now God has called for his judgement book
and seen his name therein
And the grace of God and the guilt of God
have spelt it out as sin

His bloody priests have clutched his robes
and stained his linen gown
And his victims swarm from his broken hell
to drag his kingdom down.

O popes and kings and the little gods
are sick and sad and wan
To see the crimson star that bursts
like blood upon the dawn

While trumpets sound and stars rejoice
at the birth of BABALON

BABALON is too beautiful
for sight of mortal eyes
She has hidden her loveliness away
in lonely midnight skies,

She has clothed her beauty in robes of sin
and pledged her heart to swine
And loving and giving all she has
brewed for saints immortal wine.

But now the darkness is riven through
and the robes of sin are gone,
And naked she stands as a terrible blade
and a flame and a splendid song

Naked in radiant mortal flesh
at the Birth of BABALON.

She is come new born as a mortal maid
forgetting her high estate,
She has opened her arms to pain and death
and dared the doom of fate,

And death and hell are at her back,
but her eyes are bright with life,
Her heart is high and her sword is strong
to meet the deadly strife,

Her voice is sure as the judgement trump
to crack the house of wrong,
Though walls are high and stone is hard
and the rule of hell was long

The gates shall fall and the irons break
in the Birth of BABALON

Her mouth is red and her breasts are fair
and her loins are full of fire,
And her lust is strong as a man is strong
in the heat of her desire,

And her whoredom is holy as virtue is foul
beneath the holy sky
And her kisses will wanton the world away
in passion that shall not die.

Ye shall laugh and love and follow her dance
When the wrath of God is gone
And dream no more of hell and hate
in the Birth of BABALON

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5eae50ef28d7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/deea56878507.gif[/atsimg]

success is proof.

=============

from all intents and purposes, which were more than likely not Crowley's but from a higher mind with brighter eyes, the work that Crowley undertook, which Jack Parsons also had a hand in, along with those who came before such as John Dee and Edward Kelly....is not anything to do with liaisons or bolstering of the so-called "illuminati" but rather their undoing and the literal end of their inept and selfish short-sighted rule over the common folk.

As Paul Rydeen points out in his extended essay Jack Parsons and the Fall of Babalon:

The purpose of Parson's operation has been underemphasized. He sought to produce a magickal child who would be a product of her environment rather than of her heredity. Crowley himself describes the Moonchild in just these terms. The Babalon Working itself was preparation for what was to come: a Thelemic messiah.

source

[edit on 7/29/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
A few posts back, I said I would post a comment from Crowley's 1947 diary when I found my copy. Fount it ...

From July. Fri. 09;
"Heard from Lam, drunk again; he collided with another ship over Roswell, New Mexico a few days ago. It crashed, all presumed dead. Lan thought it was really funny, no remorse. Made jokes because he thought they were Nazis but it turned they're from Regulus, who are obvious egotist because they have greater swollen heads than his! I'm told it's racial thing." Aleister Crowley; 1947 Diaries.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

thats awesome..any more about the aliens? cause i believe he actually talked to'em book of the law is the proof

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Perhaps they are aliens. The whole world talks about a "tree of life" in every location on Earth and many talk of a flood. If you want to take the bible, for example, literally, the man in the garden in Genesis may not necessarily be Adam, as he has no name. God might have plucked him on the Earth after some catastrophe and restarted the Earth. Who knows.

Demons often are views as the same. Some say it's from evolutionary fear of Neanderthals and proto-humans. That we evolved to fear the more animal-like cousins of our own evolutionary tree. This supposedly makes sense as to why we exterminated them all and why we are habitual in many behaviors ranging from bathing to nightmares. Cleaning ourselves of our animalistic rapists and hunters and fearing them as we slept.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Actually, in His 1947 diary there are sever, bits of stories about Lam, and some others, but mostly Lam.

Here is another from Tues. June 24, 1947

A little preface; On the 23rd, at 8:00 pm I presume, Crowley writes; "Left with Lam heading East."

"Tues. 24 Khien. 1. Lam - blasting over American west coast, Mt. Rainer. Was spotted by small plane, listened to its radio messages. This guy was really scared, tried to describe us but couldn't when tower requested further info. He called us a flying bedpan!!! He said, 'looks like bedpans skipping over the surface of water, flying bedpans!' Lam and I had a good laugh." (Aleister Crowley 1947 diaries.)

This was of course the now famous Kenneth Arnold sighting.

And, yes, it does appear that Crowley was communicating with several aliens, and since at least 1904. He described Aiwass as a Prater-human intelligence. Its kind of interesting that Crowley doesn't seem to have ever described them as aliens or extraterrestrials. Though in his diaries he does talk about several different ones, and from different areas; Sirius, Regulus, and, Uranians.

It does seem clear that he knew they were Extraterrestrials; in yet another place he talks about a limerick he wrote;

" There once was this Lam from Mars.
Who wore raincoats, nacked and moaned.
He smiled when he thought of it, bugged eyed and tiny lips,
Saying "I learned this from my old friend Jones!"

Crowley said that Lam "hates it -- good!"

He seems to have had quite some relationship with Lam for at least most of 1947. They appearantly went on several trips together, some to Montauk. Others to Paris, and other places. And, he also makes reference to Lam's ship.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Perhaps they are aliens. The whole world talks about a "tree of life" in every location on Earth and many talk of a flood. If you want to take the bible, for example, literally, the man in the garden in Genesis may not necessarily be Adam, as he has no name. God might have plucked him on the Earth after some catastrophe and restarted the Earth. Who knows.

In the case of Lam; he is very definately an extraterrestrial. I don't remember off hand if Crowley ever states where Lam is from, but, it is obvious that Lam is from this plane and not Earth.

In Crowley's world the "Tree of Life" was/is a very well defined structure, that forms what is thought of as a complete "map" of the Universt. Though, it shouldn't be thought of as any sort of traditional map, unless of course you tradition is Western Ceremonia Magick. It is more a map of the various planes of existance.

Demons often are views as the same. Some say it's from evolutionary fear of Neanderthals and proto-humans. That we evolved to fear the more animal-like cousins of our own evolutionary tree. This supposedly makes sense as to why we exterminated them all and why we are habitual in many behaviors ranging from bathing to nightmares. Cleaning ourselves of our animalistic rapists and hunters and fearing them as we slept.

Most peoples views of Demons is rather incorrect. Some like to associate ETs with Demons or angels, which is wholly incorrect. Demons, angels and ET are three wholly different ideas, and creations. For instance, Demons, and Angels are both listed and somewhat defined in Crowley's table of correspondances (Liber 777), yet, ETs are, for the most part, missing. Though, if memory serves, there may be some reference to Aiwass in there.

As for Humans exterminating Neanderthals, or any other pre-modern versions of Humans, that is still mostly speculation, as I don't believe there is much evidence either way. Do you (Humans) really have nocternal fears of pre-Humans? And, why would you have any fear of your animal side. We are all animals, with, in most cases, a rather violent evolution. These are not things to fear, but to embrace, accept, and understand. It is the genesis of a species.

Etharzi od Oma

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

gotta get my hands on that diary! which diary jus link me to it on amazon if u can

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

gotta get my hands on that diary! which diary jus link me to it on amazon if u can

Wow, I'm not sure its available anywhere. The copy I have is a fairly rare 1994 edition, published by Pangenetor Lodge of the O.T.O (Berkley, CA).

I got my copy, quite by chance, on ebay a few years ago, and it is supposed to be one of only a few printed.

However; you might to contact:
Pangenetor Lodge
c/o Cornelius
P.O.Box 11667
Berkley, CA 94712-2267

Thats about the best I can do to point ya in the right direction. Good luck.

edit:

Oops, spoke too soon. I did a search on amazon ...
Try here

[edit on 20-8-2010 by AnthraAndromda]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
not everyone clicks on the links provided.

they might not get your *joke*.

Aleister Crowley died at 11 am on Monday, December 1, 1947.

for most of the preceding months of that year, he had been so ill that he had been "confined to bed for six months or more," by the time he turned 72 on October 12.

(the quoted portion is from "Perdurabo, the Life of Aleister Crowley, Revised and Expanded Edition" written by Richard Kaczynksi, copyright 2002, 2010 and published by North Atlantic Books)

the author also writes that in the last months of his life, AC was scarcely able to make more than the occasional diary entry and had trouble remembering names and dates.

and even beyond that, i've never heard mention of Crowley making mention of LAM after the initial drawing was made.

you know, i laugh at too much most of the time, sometimes the awfullest things. but i don't think your *joke* is funny, at all.

what's your point?

[edit on 8/20/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

This was the theory.

www.themandus.org...

As to interaction it is no longer speculations. DNA of Neanderthals has been found in Caucasians and if history says anything about first encounters, it's that the victors raped and pillaged their foes. Humans have Neanderthal DNA from hybridizations. Lets take for example Colombian contact in the Americas. How many blacks whites and N Americans were raped and pillaged versus how many chose to happily marry? The likelihood is that primitive man's first genocide was upon his evolutionary cousins.

I'm still searching for it, but I remember seeing a Neanderthal slaughter cave painting.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
heres the interview with Kenneth Arnold June 1947

This is the actual audio of the interview made with
Kenneth Arnold just hours after his classical UFO sighting
on June 1947. Also shown is a UFO spotted in 2002 that resembles
Arnold's description.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

"It is unfortunate tha the first five months were removed and torn out of the note book but at least the remainder survived. This appears to be Crowley's real 1947 Diaries and handwriting analysis has proved such to be the case. It is important to note that the typed diaries ar the Warburg Institute dated 1947 are obviously 'excerpts' from this original diary."

"The great value to historians, regarding these diaries, is the implication that Aleister Crowley did no die on December 1st 1947 but may actually have faked his own death." (Aleister Crowley's 1947 Diaries: Introduction)

How much of that is true is open to speculation, however, there are diary entries that talk about Crowley faking his own death. On Saturday July 3, 1947, for instance he notes that he talked to his "old friend Louis" about faking his own death, then wonders if it is possible.

And, yes he seems to have been sick quite alot, as there are several entries where he mentions being "sick". He also mentions several trips to Montauk, NY and the "mounds or radiation neutralizers". Also, there are several dates where he enters nothing.

Again, yes, I have seen little except in this diary where Crowley mentions Lam, however, Lam seems to have become quite the companion to Crowley in his last months. There are many notations of the two of them playing chess (Crowley says Lam cheats by reading his mind), and going out for dinner, etc.

So, there is no "joke" here. Unless it is being perpatrated by the Berkley lodge, and the O.T.O. SOmehow I don't think this is the case.

The last two entried in the diary:

"Thur. Dec. 1 Died"
"Fri. Dec. 2 ... off to Montauk, regret I'll miss Keith's birthday of the 13th." (Aleister Crowley's 1947 Diaries)

There are date entries for the 3rd and 4th, but no actual entry.

I'll leave it up to the individual to decide on their own as to whether or not this little volume is real or not.

Love is the law, love under will.
Fra. Anthra

[edit on 20-8-2010 by AnthraAndromda]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
NASA named a crater on the dark side of the moon in honor of Jack Parsons. Jack worked during the day to develop rocket propulsion systems which would serve NASAs space program which was controlled by ex nazi SS officers such as Vaun Braun who had been brought to the USA by the CIAs Project Paperclip. at night Jack would hold sex majic rituals in his house in Pasadena and initiate fellow scientist at the Los Alamos Atomic Bomb Lab. Parsons was fully aware of what his rocket designs would eventually be used for.

Robert Oppenheimer built the worlds first atom bomb which would be exploded at Los Alamos near a place that was called The Road of Death which lies on the 33 degree parallel.

once at the head of the O.T.O. operation Jack Parsons conducted a giant satanic ritual aided by a fellow O.T.O. member with the name Frater "H". in 1948 the same year George Bush Sr. was baptized as Magog, Parsons undertook one of the most dark rituals known to kabballahist "The Babylon Working" this ritual requires the initiate to visualize the tree of life with its 10 spheres and its 22 connecting pathways.

between the top 3 spheres and the lower 7 spheres there is the so called abyss. the place where ones personality even ones sanity is destroyed. if the initiate successfully spans the abyss with personality intact he becomes a black brother of the kabballah. a black magician of the so called "left hand path." in the tradition of the Judaic Mysticism these black magicians are utter evil. this giant "Babylon Working" ritual saw Parsons aided by Frater "H" project their astral bodies into the dark abyss of Lucifer.

1948 saw George Bush Sr. was baptized in the name of Magog. The spirit that would lead the armies of demons against Christ at the apocalypse of armageddon. that same year Jack Parsons baptized himself as Belarion Armiluss Al Dajjal, the antichrist.

Parsons took on the ancient Judaic teachings that Christ and his church were the enemy of civilization and that it had to be destroyed. on a 40 day pilgrimage in the Mahavy Desert, the place where Area 51 now resides, Parsons summoned forth Babylon, the scarlet women, the whore of the Apocalypse, the consort of the great beast satan.

According to the mysterious Frater "H" during the ritual he saw Parsons rip a hole in space-time and something flew in. so who was this mysterious Frater "H"? none other than the author and inventor of the new cult religion of scientology Mr. L. Ron Hubbard, former initiate of Aleister Crowleys O.T.O. Hubbard wrote a so called sacred text called Dianetics which now has an inspired following of evangelical millionaires in Hollywood just as the Kabballah training schools are now full of people who had their interest in these Judaic magical techniques inspired by Britany Spears and Madonna.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

well, i hope i didn't offend you.
i don't feel that i have.

i do adore the man, you see.

but you've given me something to ponder before i make any further reply.
there are many factors related to this and i've got to figure it out.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Don't forget the Ozzy Osbourne song! lol

I was introduced to his teachings by someone who had some pretty strange concepts for my tastes (not judging, just not my thing). He seemed a little dark, to put it mildly.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

well, i hope i didn't offend you.
i don't feel that i have.

i do adore the man, you see.

but you've given me something to ponder before i make any further reply.
there are many factors related to this and i've got to figure it out.

No, not at all.

I discovered Crowley and his writtings in the very early 70's and have come to regard him as one of the most inportant philosophers, and Occultist of the past 150 years or so. He was a very brilliant man. Regardless of what the popular press of his time said about him.

And, yes, some things to ponder, as I did a few short years ago. I hadn't known what was in his 1947 diary. I bought it when I say it because I was born in April of that year, and have always felt a strong connection to him. I don't know, but, perhaps I thought I might find something important in there, but, alas, no. Just some rather interesting stuff.

As I said before, there is more in there about Lam than anywhere else I've seen. From the things he says, Lam almost comes alive, almost becomming a real person.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join