It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone pussyfoot around Islam?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I mean come on people why is everyone scared to say something bad about it?
We live in a free society in the west, we should be able to say what we want should'nt we?
What happened to freedom of speech? The Dane's should be able to print what they want in their newspapers, I mean it was just a cartoon anyway.
I say all the muslims that protest outside embassies in Denmark, France or Britain should be deported because they don't like the way we live in a FREE society I mean we in Britain should have started deporting muslim's just after the 7/7 bombing's, they have no place at all in western society.
Everything they live by is anti-freedom.
Come on FREE people post your vote of confidence in hear or are you all wimps?
Let's see how many people think the way I do.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Alien DNA]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
could you clarify . deport all muslims or all muslims who protested??????

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I say deport all muslim's as we are at war with terrorism and 99.9% of the terrorist's are muslims, in the Second world war the U.S either deported or imprisoned all Japanese living in the country and they were'nt going around bombing skyscrapers or train stations.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Deport the muslims who are not willing to adapt to our culture, that doesn't mean become christian/atheist/etc, it means respect our laws and rights...

But they demand the authors/artist of those cartoons should have their hands amputated or worse yet, their head...

only for such threats they should be deported IMHO.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien DNA
I say deport all muslim's as we are at war with terrorism and 99.9% of the terrorist's are muslims, in the Second world war the U.S either deported or imprisoned all Japanese living in the country and they were'nt going around bombing skyscrapers or train stations.
I'm glad they did that to all the Italians and Germans that were living here as well.

PS I'm going to take it one further than you: Religion is a pox upon the world.

[edit on 2/5/2006 by supercheetah]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Deport them ALL.

Carve up the earth and each religion can have their little slice of the
earth.

No one wants to mix in

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Thankyou for your support Ground Zero they should live under our laws like the famous saying goes when in Rome do as the Romans do.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
We must somehow send a strong message to Islam that Freedom alway's wins and most people want to be free even in the Middle East.
It's just the controlling way of Islam I don't like, their women are covered up and not allowed to come out of the house without the husband's permission, it's just soooo last millenia don't you think?

Sep

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I mean come on people why is everyone scared to say something bad about it?
We live in a free society in the west, we should be able to say what we want should'nt we?
What happened to freedom of speech? The Dane's should be able to print what they want in their newspapers, I mean it was just a cartoon anyway.
I say all the muslims that protest outside embassies in Denmark, France or Britain should be deported because they don't like the way we live in a FREE society I mean we in Britain should have started deporting muslim's just after the 7/7 bombing's, they have no place at all in western society.
Come on FREE people post your vote of confidence in hear or are you all wimps?
Let's see how many people think the way I do.

In my very humble opinion you are contradicting yourself. You embrace freedom of speech when it comes to people degrading Islam. By the same merit, you should also embrace the freedom of Muslims to protest, but not only do you not to that, you request the deportation of the Muslim community because of them practicing their freedom to protest. This is discrimination and double-standards in law, something the world community does not embrace.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
In reply to Sep I am not contradicting myself I am just saying that protest if you want to but protest something worthwhile man!
Don't go burning flags and embassies over a cartoon!

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Thankyou for your support Ground Zero they should live under our laws like the famous saying goes when in Rome do as the Romans do.
What's funny is that you advocate deporting protesters from a free country. Sure, I disagree with them, and may even find some of their views despicable, but what you advocate is just absurd. Deporting anti-freedom people from a free country? Do you listen to yourself? Shouldn't one of the freedoms in a free country be that a person can oppose that freedom?

Finally, I don't think that deporting all Muslims will help the West's reputation in the Muslim world. I'm not advocating catering to Wahabbis to improve our reputation (we likely won't be able to change their minds no matter what we do), but I don't think we should be pushing people that are on the fence, and there still are plenty of Muslims who are--they just don't get heard.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
What about all the muslims in the uk who are second or third generation and are good representitives of the uk . Just for example amir kahn the young boxer who representited the uk at the olympics and won and is proud to be brittish who you have them deported as well

Sep

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   

In reply to Sep I am not contradicting myself I am just saying that protest if you want to but protest something worthwhile man!
Don't go burning flags and embassies over a cartoon!

They burnt embassies in Europe? I was not aware of that. Please provide a link.

And the community can protest over what ever they wish. It is not up to you to say what is or isn’t worthwhile protesting against. You, as a champion of freedom of expression should know that.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah

What's funny is that you advocate deporting protesters from a free country. Sure, I disagree with them, and may even find some of their views despicable, but what you advocate is just absurd. Deporting anti-freedom people from a free country? Do you listen to yourself? Shouldn't one of the freedoms in a free country be that a person can oppose that freedom?

Finally, I don't think that deporting all Muslims will help the West's reputation in the Muslim world. I'm not advocating catering to Wahabbis to improve our reputation (we likely won't be able to change their minds no matter what we do), but I don't think we should be pushing people that are on the fence, and there still are plenty of Muslims who are--they just don't get heard.

This is what I am talking about if you don't like the way we live maybe you should'nt live here did you see Christian's burning flags and embassies when they made a whole movie about taking the mick out of Christ(Monty Python's Life of Brian) oh and by the way I'm Christian and go and rent the movie it's as funny as hell.

link   

I say all the muslims that protest outside embassies in Denmark, France or Britain should be deported because they don't like the way we live in a FREE society

I 100% agree!! If someone migrates to another country, they should adhere to that country's laws, traditions, language, and custom.

I mean we in Britain should have started deporting muslim's just after the 7/7 bombing's, they have no place at all in western society.

Okay, here is where I disagree. No need to pin ALL MUSLIMS for the acts of these idiots. (It'd be like prosecuting ALL Christians for crimes the KKK has commited)

[edit on 5-2-2006 by SourGrapes]

link   

This is what I am talking about if you don't like the way we live maybe you should'nt live here did you see Christian's burning flags and embassies when they made a whole movie about taking the mick out of Christ(Monty Python's Life of Brian) oh and by the way I'm Christian and go and rent the movie it's as funny as hell.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
BaCk2thereallife,

hmmmm, huh?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The reason you have to go to these extreme measures is that a lot of the muslim community were hiding the second set of london bombers and ints in the mosques where they preach anti-semitism and anti-western hate you know like Abu hamza and so on.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join