It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone pussyfoot around Islam?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
Sep

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
BaCk2thereallife, I can see that English is you second language and thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien DNA

Originally posted by supercheetah

Thankyou for your support Ground Zero they should live under our laws like the famous saying goes when in Rome do as the Romans do.
What's funny is that you advocate deporting protesters from a free country. Sure, I disagree with them, and may even find some of their views despicable, but what you advocate is just absurd. Deporting anti-freedom people from a free country? Do you listen to yourself? Shouldn't one of the freedoms in a free country be that a person can oppose that freedom?

Finally, I don't think that deporting all Muslims will help the West's reputation in the Muslim world. I'm not advocating catering to Wahabbis to improve our reputation (we likely won't be able to change their minds no matter what we do), but I don't think we should be pushing people that are on the fence, and there still are plenty of Muslims who are--they just don't get heard.

This is what I am talking about if you don't like the way we live maybe you should'nt live here did you see Christian's burning flags and embassies when they made a whole movie about taking the mick out of Christ(Monty Python's Life of Brian) oh and by the way I'm Christian and go and rent the movie it's as funny as hell.
(emphasis mine)

That's not what you were saying before. Deportation and emigration are two different things. One is uses force while the other is voluntary. I agree that they shouldn't live in a region where they have such deep-seeded differences with the culture, but I'm not going to advocate their deportation.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If that's your thought go ahead it's a Free country.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I very much agree that Western Nations are trying to be too politically correct with this situation. We all know appeasement doesnt work, and if you try it, to the extremists, its a sign of weakness. They will only come at you harder, demand more, give less, and more likely to hit you while youre at youre weakest. Its when youre strong that they tend to back down and thats what we need to be doing. Instead of appeasing their actions, take them head on and let them know that this is how we live here, and if you dong like it, leave. Its a choice to live here, so dont complain about your customs not being respected if you dont like living here, just pack your bags and get the hell out.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I was watching the news this morning and David Davies of the conservative party is calling for a stop to using inciting banners, I mean the banners they were using in London said " Europe your 9/11 is coming" and " Europe you will pay the Fantastic Four are on their way" in reference to the July 7th bombings in London.
That's terrorism right there.
Am I right?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
You are right.

The very nature of a free society is that very fact - the press can print almost anything they want and people can say whatever they want without fear of reprcussion.

Obviously it has limits such as slander, incitement etc.. but this particular case is perfectly legitimate.

My view is, those who do not like the laws and ideas of a country/region should go and live elsewhere.

Furthermore, the muslims protesting calling for terrorism have well and truely overstepped the mark and they should be locked up.

Such double standards and political correctness exist in the western world.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
We all know how much power the leaders of local mosques have got so it should be up to them to tell the masses to calm down , I mean did the Danish press just go and bomb a mosque or something?
Surreal!

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I have always (until the past few days, anyway) prided myself on my ability to live and let live. It is time for this to stop one way or another, I would just as soon it be handled peacefully by the so called moderates in Islam finally standing up and retaking their religion (if they ever had it). Or with blood if neccessary. Toleration has its limits, over the limit it becomes appeasment, and is weakness.

I really hate thinking this way, but it is becoming increasingly obvious to me, that the time to make the choice is coming. Appeasment, or war, there doesn't seem to be any other road, that the extremist Muslims will allow us to take. I am sure alot of people will disagree, but quite frankly, I could not care less.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It seems it's going that way but if you think about it we are already at war with these people since 9/11.
If they don't agree with radical Islam then they (the protesters) would stay in their houses instead of inciting more terrorist acts, what are we going to do if we invade Iran, have a load of radical muslim's in our own countries?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I wasn't so much refering to the current conflict, but a war of virtual extermination, the west against the Islamic extremists. Moderates seem to be in the minority from all present indicators. If they are out there, they need to make themselves known in larger numbers, one London cleric does not cut it. Speak out before it is too late!

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I've always wondered why when muslims made fun, draw sick cartoons of heads of states, burn other nations' flags but nothing happens to such authors.

Here, someone did something tongue in cheek back and hell!, the newspapers and even govts apologise back.

Lol!....replay of 1940s again between England and Hitler - APPEASMENT.

sigh..is there really no hope for mankind?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
sounds like you want to do the same thing we did to the japanese in WWII... bad idea and will be a big mistake after the war is over...

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
sounds like you want to do the same thing we did to the japanese in WWII... bad idea and will be a big mistake after the war is over...

What do you mean bad idea? emphasise please

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
sounds more like they wanna do an atomic wipeout on us instead! They have been seen chanting for years - 'Death to infidels! Death to US!, Death to the west!' and actually carried such threats to civilians, thousand of them murdered.

I sure aint heard any 'Death to Moslems' been going around since the end of the crusades centuries ago.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I say deport all muslim's as we are at war with terrorism and 99.9% of the terrorist's are muslims, in the Second world war the U.S either deported or imprisoned all Japanese living in the country and they were'nt going around bombing skyscrapers or train stations.

Really?

en.wikipedia.org...
The above where not muslims, and I'm sure as hell sure they dont represent less than .1% percent.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hi, I am a muslim, and I just thought I'd add my opinion to this post.

You know why to the west it seems like almost the whole majority of muslims are evil/bad/terrorists? Western media emphasizes these undesirable traits (for ratings, I'm led to believe) within the segment.

You know why a lot of middle-eastern citizens think the west are the devil/satan/iblis? Their media (and possibly leaders/politicians) emphasizes the negatives.

Living in a relatively peaceful muslim country in Asia, I am privy to a unique viewpoint. Here in Malaysia we get to watch CNN, BBC, SkyNews and also Al-Jazeera, in addition to local news and the Internet. Just one day of watching the news from all sides confirms my believes.

The media. On both sides. The media.

Traditionally, the media is the purveyor of truth. Traditionally, you believe what you read in the newspapers or see in the news. But more and more, the media these days are not so much feeding us news and facts, they are feeding us ideologies and beliefs. Not outright, but subtly, so subtly you barely notice. But even subtle suggestions will be ingrained in your mindset if it's repeated enough times.

This is very dangerous, as it leads people to make broad sweeping generalizations. It leads to stereotyping. It leads to dis-intergration (and disintergration eventually)

Why people pussyfoot around Islam? I can't tell you why it happens where ever you live (somewhere in the West I presume) but I can tell you why it's so here in Malaysia.

Everyone here pussyfoots around the issues concerning everyone elses religion. We know it's a sensitive subject. We don't want to inflame our neighbours (intentionally or not). We value our harmony and diversity. Why take the chance of triggering a schism? Are we any less free because we self-censor? No.

Besides, there's plenty of other issues to talk about, and we all strongly believe that if you don't trip on me, I won't trip on you. I really think a lot of countries can learn a lesson or two from my country on how we handle multiculturalism.

Salaam

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Muslims in the US are not as radical as the Muslims in Europe, so I don’t support any deportation or imprisonment. Muslim in Europe have not assimilated into the local culture so the situation has become quite precarious especially since now Muslims make up a sizeable percentage of the total population. All I want is for us to make the requirements for granting a visa more stringent so that radicals from other parts of the world who may have citizenship from their host countries cant just waltz in here whenever they feel like it.

I am also firmly of the position that if any person cannot co-exit or cannot accept the established laws, customs, traditions, and way of life of their host nation then by all means please LEAVE.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Hi, I am a muslim, and I just thought I'd add my opinion to this post.

You know why to the west it seems like almost the whole majority of muslims are evil/bad/terrorists? Western media emphasizes these undesirable traits (for ratings, I'm led to believe) within the segment.

You know why a lot of middle-eastern citizens think the west are the devil/satan/iblis? Their media (and possibly leaders/politicians) emphasizes the negatives.

Living in a relatively peaceful muslim country in Asia, I am privy to a unique viewpoint. Here in Malaysia we get to watch CNN, BBC, SkyNews and also Al-Jazeera, in addition to local news and the Internet. Just one day of watching the news from all sides confirms my believes.

The media. On both sides. The media.

Traditionally, the media is the purveyor of truth. Traditionally, you believe what you read in the newspapers or see in the news. But more and more, the media these days are not so much feeding us news and facts, they are feeding us ideologies and beliefs. Not outright, but subtly, so subtly you barely notice. But even subtle suggestions will be ingrained in your mindset if it's repeated enough times.

This is very dangerous, as it leads people to make broad sweeping generalizations. It leads to stereotyping. It leads to dis-intergration (and disintergration eventually)

Why people pussyfoot around Islam? I can't tell you why it happens where ever you live (somewhere in the West I presume) but I can tell you why it's so here in Malaysia.

Everyone here pussyfoots around the issues concerning everyone elses religion. We know it's a sensitive subject. We don't want to inflame our neighbours (intentionally or not). We value our harmony and diversity. Why take the chance of triggering a schism? Are we any less free because we self-censor? No.

Besides, there's plenty of other issues to talk about, and we all strongly believe that if you don't trip on me, I won't trip on you. I really think a lot of countries can learn a lesson or two from my country on how we handle multiculturalism.

Salaam

Just to make a point on your issue we don't go around desecrating Mosques in Britain but last year several Christian graveyards were desecrated here with anti-Christian graffiti but no-one says anything, it hardly even made the local news, What I am trying to say is that if it were the other way around, well, you have seen what as happened over a cartoon.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Peace and Goodwill to all men, we are all on this same ship together, regardless of colour/religion/male/female/animal/insect.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
The above where not muslims, and I'm sure as hell sure they dont represent less than .1% percent.

Wrong as Usual devilwasp, the Danish Embassy was torched by thousands of Islamic rioters yesterday and it looks like the riots are spreading all over Aisa, Europe and the Middle-East....so your ".1%" really does'nt factor does it?...in fact your right only .1% of the time in here IMO.

Go back and do the math.....you can do simple addition can't you?

Maximu§

[edit on 092828p://000 by LA_Maximus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join