It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why does everyone pussyfoot around Islam?

page: 8
0
<< 5  6  7   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ishaq: 676 “‘You obey a stranger who encourages you to murder for booty. You are greedy men. Is there no honor among you?’ Upon hearing those lines Muhammad said, ‘Will no one rid me of this woman?’ Umayr, a zealous Muslim, decided to execute the Prophet’s wishes. That very night he crept into the writer’s home while she lay sleeping surrounded by her young children. There was one at her breast. Umayr removed the suckling babe and then plunged his sword into the poet. The next morning in the mosque, Muhammad, who was aware of the assassination, said, ‘You have helped Allah and His Apostle.’ Umayr said. ‘She had five sons; should I feel guilty?’ ‘No,’ the Prophet answered. ‘Killing her was as meaningless as two goats butting heads.’”

some religion of peace huh........




posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
hmmm... the culture that invented numbers thousands of years ago, but whos greatest contribution to recent history is the suicide bomber.
odd. it seems that the more extreme islamics get the less good they accomplish.

at least if you watch CNN. or FOX.
could it be bad press?

nahh.


oh and i don't remember the old testament being at all violent...

[edit on 26-3-2006 by DirtyBoots]



posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien DNA
I say deport all muslim's as we are at war with terrorism and 99.9% of the terrorist's are muslims, in the Second world war the U.S either deported or imprisoned all Japanese living in the country and they were'nt going around bombing skyscrapers or train stations.


But that didn't make it right. =| So you can't use that to justify what your saying.



posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
the_sentinal, I see you are still quoting things that the Prophet never said as factual truth.

Refer to this post by Odium in regards to your quotes.

Refer to this post by me to get the real deal. If you look hard enough you can actually find quite a number of controversial verses and passages.

Until you actually quote from the real deal, you are just posting false information.



posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
why then does the web site say it is from the prophets own mouth beachcoma??

if it was false then why would they be allowed to post false information & it sure sounds authentic!

[edit on 27-3-2006 by the_sentinal]



posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
Ishaq: 676 “‘You obey a stranger who encourages you to murder for booty. You are greedy men. Is there no honor among you?’ Upon hearing those lines Muhammad said, ‘Will no one rid me of this woman?’ Umayr, a zealous Muslim, decided to execute the Prophet’s wishes. That very night he crept into the writer’s home while she lay sleeping surrounded by her young children. There was one at her breast. Umayr removed the suckling babe and then plunged his sword into the poet. The next morning in the mosque, Muhammad, who was aware of the assassination, said, ‘You have helped Allah and His Apostle.’ Umayr said. ‘She had five sons; should I feel guilty?’ ‘No,’ the Prophet answered. ‘Killing her was as meaningless as two goats butting heads.’”
some religion of peace huh........


the_sentinal shall we quote some bible parts from lets say leviticus book?

20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

So its ok to put children to death who disrepect their parents?

20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

So if my wife cheats on me its fine for me to kill her and the man who cheated with her?

Sentinal think out your dumb arguments before you post quotes from any religous text, because ALL old religions will have things in today which seem evil to us.



posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
why then does the web site say it is from the prophets own mouth beachcoma??

if it was false then why would they be allowed to post false information & it sure sounds authentic!


Because that website has an agenda? Do you find it so hard to believe that people can post false information and pass it off as authentic? You just did it. Other people can't?



posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The reason most people ' pussyfoot ' around Islam is because they are sensible people who dont want to fan the flames of religous unrest. Of course I condemn those whose reaction to the cartoons was extreme. (although there main point of anger was the depiction of Mohammed which isnt allowed, not that Islam was portrayed as violent).

But this works all ways, I condemn the KKK using extreme christian ideology to murder and spread hate for example. This doesnt mean all christians are hate filled morons though. Similarly I condemn Bush's expoitation of peoples beliefs and natures to carry out his extreme reaction, namely taking over the world!!!

The issue is exploitation by a minority to further their aims - has always happened and always will. For centuries the church in England exploited the Bible to fill their own coffers and further their own needs. The other point is that if we all condemned Islam and slated the beliefs it would only inflame the situation and give further ammo to those that seek it. The issue is a human/social one, and not a religous one.



posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality

the_sentinal shall we quote some bible parts from lets say leviticus book?

20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

So its ok to put children to death who disrepect their parents?

20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

So if my wife cheats on me its fine for me to kill her and the man who cheated with her?

Sentinal think out your dumb arguments before you post quotes from any religous text, because ALL old religions will have things in today which seem evil to us.


I think you should study the Bible before you make simular arguments. Leviticus was written while the Israelites were under the Law, that is, before Jesus came to give us salvation through him. Leviticus holds the Laws that Jehova gave to Man to keep society and family together.

This is old testament. Jesus is new testament. We should still not cheat, disrespect our parents and not schtuup the same billy goat, but the penalty is not carried out by men but God himself when we die- just as Adam was told he would die after disobeying God in the garden.........I worked with a young Muslim from Africa for a couple of years and we debated both beliefs ad nauseum. He never had an answer for my question of redemption via Allah.

There is none. Only mercy if you perform all the tasks everyday and hope like heck it works.....do you think this may be kind of frustrating?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 5  6  7   >>

log in

join