It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Bashing rampant on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Isit just me, or is there a helluvalot of muslim bashing on ATS at the moment. I mean, not every muslim is a suicide bomber, and some of you peeps are simply ignorant of muslim culture, foor instance, how many times do i hear people advertising the greatness of the United states free speech, and the fact muslim countries are suppresive and anti-freedom-2 words-Patriot Act-i mean comon', i accept that there is alot of erosion of civil liberties in Islaminc countries, but not much more than in the us, or even the UK. It is just startijng to really anoy me and it buggs me every time i hear a snide comment about muslims being terrorists, or bloodthirsty animals, plese share your views on this.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by noisy_brit_kid
and the fact muslim countries are suppresive and anti-freedom-2 words-Patriot Act-i mean comon', i accept that there is alot of erosion of civil liberties in Islaminc countries

Erosion? There is no such thing as a 'civil liberty' in an Islamic Republic. It doesn't exist. Islamic REpublics are based on koranic law, not civil or secular law.

Compare the 'restrictions' under the patriot act to saudi arabia. Under Patriot, the feds still need a warrant but they have more oppurtunity to do 'sneak and peak' searches with that warrant (iow, search when you are not there). In saudi arabia, if you are a christian, jew, or even shi'ite muslim, you can not legally practice your religion. In the US, if you go to the mall and grab certain body parts of the women around you, you can get arrested, will be given a lawyer for free, and have a set of laws to protect you, and all of this is done under the civil jurisdiction. In saudi arabia, if you are caught looking at women for too long, Religious Police will give you a beating, right then and there.
So what are you talking about?

and it buggs me every time i hear a snide comment about muslims being terrorists, or bloodthirsty animals, plese share your views on this.

Not all muslims are terrorists or even bad people, obviously. Islam is not a fundamentally dangerous or intolerant religion.
However, it can not be denied that the middle east is in a stage that is similar to europe during the dark ages. Its important to rememer that all people are humans, but that sort of talk in the past wouldn't do you much good if the papal Crusaders had just made landing in your town.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
i beg to differ. search the word "christian" in the ats database and you will find that there are far more christian bashing threads. you've probably seen alot of threads discussing islam lately due to the iranian presidents remarks and alleged beliefs as well as the current situation with iran's nuclear program, but with the exception of a very small minority of posters, there is very little "muslim bashing."

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
ya well i realize not all muslim's are blood thirsty etc. but i will say most middle eastern countries, specifically SA, still stone people to death, cut off body parts for simple offenses such as stealing, and still have public executions.

atleast the west uses less painful ways of execution, and only allow select people to witness an execution. Not to mention that most westernized countries have something granting basic civil rights, such as the bill of rights which establisihes freedom of speech, religion, petition, press, assembly, to bear arms, protection from cruel and unusual punishment, and a everyone is granted a free and fair trial.

and atleast in the US we are not executed for listening to music and dancing...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Isit just me, or is there a helluvalot of muslim bashing on ATS at the moment. I mean, not every muslim is a suicide bomber, and some of you peeps are simply ignorant of muslim culture,

I'm one of those muslim bashers that you're talking about and I'm not ignorant about muslim culture. I've read about muslim history and defended Islam many times up until the French riots and the incidents in Australia with the Lebanese attacking non-muslim Australians.

I really didn't care much about what muslims were doing in muslim countries but I am very worried about what they might do to Europe, Canada, Australia, etc.. I don't want to see them being attacked, assaulted and abused by muslim immigrants who seem to be taking over the countries they've immigrated to.

A lot of Europeans defend the muslims even after they've been attacked by them. They blame the government or themselves for making the muslims angry enough to attack them and ask themselves what they did wrong instead of blaming the muslim attackers themselves. It's like an abused wife syndrome.

I've started pointing out a lot of what the muslims did in the past in response to posts about what Europeans have done, like colonialism and slavery. I point out that muslims were involved in those same things so people will see that Europeans were not the only ones who are guilty so they shouldn't feel like they need to be punished or at least not feel that the response from muslims against them is justified.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm not ignorant about Islam, either.

I lived and worked in the middle east, studied with Islam, and considered conversion at one point. My wife is of Middle Eastern descent.

The problem is a system that limits people, controls acceptable behavior by limiting all things to what was acceptable in 7th century Arabia.

Look at the thread where lots of muslim nations pulled their representatives to Denmark (and now Norway!) for a cartoon that contained a reference to Mahammad. Can you imagine the west vilifying 'anti-christian' cartoons in India or Pakistan? (No, because there have been such cartoons in both places, with no fallout.) Westerners cannot imagine telling people on the other side of the planet how to edit their papers.

Or the muslim org that demanded a cresent moon be put on top of the us capitol building.

Someone in the world doesn't care about you or your happiness, but they intend to make you dress and act just like them. or kill you.

Is there a lot of muslim-bashing on ATS?

Yes.

Why?

Because there is a lot of non-muslim bashing going on everywhere else.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I really didn't care much about what muslims were doing in muslim countries but I am very worried about what they might do to Europe, Canada, Australia, etc.. I don't want to see them being attacked, assaulted and abused by muslim immigrants who seem to be taking over the countries they've immigrated to.

Uhh why do you include Canada in there? Do you actually believe the Canuckistan rhetoric coming out of Coutiers yap? The Xenophobes up here are not really concerned about Islamics "taking over", their much more worried about the Natives "taking back" what is rightfully theirs as they are the fastest growing minority in the country(due to oppression and poverty), the second is Chinese and third are Hindu Indians and STILL the largest minority is still Italian. Please do some basic demographic research before you make inane statements like that.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Erosion? There is no such thing as a 'civil liberty' in an Islamic Republic.

There's a difference between an Islamic Republic and a country where the majority are of the Islamic religion.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Uhh why do you include Canada in there? Do you actually believe the Canuckistan rhetoric coming out of Coutiers yap? The Xenophobes up here are not really concerned about Islamics "taking over", their much more worried about the Natives "taking back" what is rightfully theirs as they are the fastest growing minority in the country(due to oppression and poverty), the second is Chinese and third are Hindu Indians and STILL the largest minority is still Italian. Please do some basic demographic research before you make inane statements like that.

According to this PDF below there are about 30,000 immigrants from Lebanon every year:
emigration_report_english-1.pdf

I don't see them on the Canadian statistics for permanent residents.
One chart for permanent residents does show China as number one, India as number two, Philippines as number three and Pakistan as number four in terms of the source countries for immigration. link

Regardless of the numbers I've still heard some bad things happening in Canada among the Arab immigrants in Hamilton, Toronto and Mississauga.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
As an American, I am sorry to say this, but the majority of this country dont give (a you know what) about anything that is beyond their circle. If you know what I mean. I have done everything in my power to look at people as a creation of something beautiful and not a color or a sex. No one is any different than another.Our blood runs the same way, we breathe air the same way and we sleep annd wake up the same way. We were all brought here the same way. So really there isnt really a difference. Oh wait there is one, opinions. If everyone would keep half of their opinions to them selves them there would be more peace on earth. Oh and I just thought of something else, how disrespectful do you have to be about knocking a religion and hate all when few have done anything at all. Lets all just get together and fly around the world to all the countries and rub it in there face that we have freedom and we can do what we want and screw anybody who doesnt like it. Our country is so mature and respectful(whatever!!!). Please understand I do not wish to offend anyone nor do I wish to attack our country by words, but I do wish that people would stop looking at others like a item or something that is invalueable. We are all precious and beautiful in our own ways, and yes that means muslims. I repent everyday for what people in this country do , so I stand up and ask forgivness to any country or person that has ever be offended or hurt by someone in this country. I am a women who is brokenhearted by the things this country does and people in it. What cures Hate? love....

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
GuessWhat - I certainly wish it could be so easy like that. I think alot of people like my self think the same way.

However, Im sure that several of the hostages taken through the war thought the same way. Lets Love! Lets go and try to help! I don't remember the girls name,...she was this last hostage taken who was a journalist. She was there helping. She was loved by many Iraqi people. Now....noone knows for sure if she is alive or if she had her head lopped off like many of the others.

I think both sides westerners and middle-eastern people are guilty of causing hate. I know western nations push their policies overboard on the international scale alot.....but middle-easterners have biases as well. I mean look at the chaos that a simple cartoon has caused in Europe. People in the middle east are out ranting, shooting guns, and going nuts because of this. Both sides are guilty. Will it ever stop?...i doubt it. Cause as long as civilization has existed....humans have always been human. Its human to have biases. Its human to be effected by them. And its human to pass judgment.

On Topic:
Since i have been a member here. 90% of the articles in particular forum headings seem to be biased against Americans......so seeing this thread topic just thoroughly confused me. I feel like i am spending most of my time offended and trying to be defensive....rather than having a decent debate on issues.

Carburetor

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Isit just me, or is there a helluvalot of muslim bashing on ATS at the moment. I mean, not every muslim is a suicide bomber, and some of you peeps are simply ignorant of muslim culture, foor instance, how many times do i hear people advertising the greatness of the United states free speech, and the fact muslim countries are suppresive and anti-freedom-2 words-Patriot Act-i mean comon', i accept that there is alot of erosion of civil liberties in Islaminc countries, but not much more than in the us, or even the UK. It is just startijng to really anoy me and it buggs me every time i hear a snide comment about muslims being terrorists, or bloodthirsty animals, plese share your views on this.

Hey.

Don't want to get into the 'anti-American' thing here, and I think that you are prettty far from the truth if you think that civil liberties in the West are anything other than an example to the rest of the world, especially the Middle East But, in answer to your original post: YES.

I was shocked and disgusted at some of the anti-arab (rather than muslim, per se) comments that you can read in the 'War on Terrorism' threads. Transpose 'black' or 'arab' and you could almost be in a Klan meeting sometimes.

There must be a reason for the significant difference in the attitude to arabs/Palestinians in Europe v. the US. Media? Lobby Group? Really don't know enough about North America to comment.

TD

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuessWhat
What cures Hate? love....

and what is loves weakness? the love of money, and what does money create...violence, hate, corruption. and what are most wars over aside from government ideologys? religion.

edit: almost forgot...and how were the 3 major religions spread...violence.
abraham & isaac
jesus & the crucifixtion
Mohammad & the war w/ mecca etc.

also if u really wanna get down to it, islam was started by abraham's concubine's son, which he banished both and if u ask me its pretty screwd up that 1. the son came out of a legit affair and 2. he banished both which is, in my opinion, a lesser form of violence.

[edit on 2/2/2006 by Zach]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Its pretty obvious that as long as humans are around there will be things like war, hate, poverty, corruption, and murder. But there are also good things. I mean cmon, were human, how many of you have arguments with other people every once in a while, only in the international world, arguments are solved with more than words or fists, its either a checkbook or a gun. Thats the real world, anyone who thinks we can all get along is being very naive because it aint gonna happen. And thats just reality. As humans, we all have biases whether we know it or not. It may come natural to some or be the cause of a bad experience for another. Its just hte way it is and theres no other way to explain it. Its natural. And I dont exactly agree with there being a lot of Muslim bashing in these threads, maybe if you could bring some examples to all of our attention we can go from there and decide, I personally see a lot more anti-American stuff going on in these threads than anything.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
i beg to differ. search the word "christian" in the ats database and you will find that there are far more christian bashing threads.

And even more threads bashing the U.S. and/or Bush than there are bashing the Christians.

Give it a rest. This thread is false and therefore meaningless - in my humble opinion.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I. And I dont exactly agree with there being a lot of Muslim bashing in these threads, maybe if you could bring some examples to all of our attention we can go from there and decide, I personally see a lot more anti-American stuff going on in these threads than anything.

Hey LudaCris

Read this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's got pretty nice ones about being glad if people 'gunned each other down in their filthy streets', and of course, 'arabs breeding too much'.

Got more and more heated until the moderator threatened a lockdown.

EDIT BY ME - Dunno why the link isn't working. The thread is on 'War on Terrorism'..Tensions over Hamas Rising. If the moderator can tell me where I'm going wrong, or fix it I'd be grateful.

Thanks

TD

TD

[edit on 2-2-2006 by TaupeDragon]

[edit on 2-2-2006 by TaupeDragon]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What really chaps my a$$ is the fact that the Muslim's decry that they are a religon of peace, yet they are at or in some kind of conflict with the rest of the sane world. Furthermore, since Muhammed is from the so called religon of peace, why does he preach killing others who do not follow his faith dictated from the Koran?

I ask you all: Is it found anywhere in the Bible that Jesus preaches killing one who will not follow his faith or even hurting anyone? No. I cannot understand who would be so inclined to kill others that oppose the Muslim religon to recieve 72 Virgins upon his or her own death. He!!, there are not 72 Virgins in that part of the world. Has anyone here seen one lately?

:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   

What really chaps my a$$ is the fact that the Muslim's decry that they are a religon of peace, yet they are at or in some kind of conflict with the rest of the sane world.

Decry? I think you mean decree, or declare. Islam is a religion of submission, and of peace. The fact that violent extremism has taken root in some places in more an indication of a lack of education and oppurtunities than evidence of some fundamental flaw in the religion.

Furthermore, since Muhammed is from the so called religon of peace, why does he preach killing others who do not follow his faith dictated from the Koran?

I'm guessing most of what you know about the Koran could fit in a thimble, and most of what you think you know would overflow a dump truck.

Care to elaborate to assuage my suspicions?

I ask you all: Is it found anywhere in the Bible that Jesus preaches killing one who will not follow his faith or even hurting anyone? No.

So, what, the lake of fire, the flaying alive, the choking agony and horrible, unspeakable, eternal pain awaiting all sinners, that was just a really funny joke?

The problems with Islam, much like the problems with Christianity, do not originate with their respective founders, but rather with the flawed understandings of later generations. Not just flawed, but in many cases outright corrupted for personal gain.

People all over the world are deadly and greedy and mean-spirited. Muslims don't have any monopoly on selfishness and vice to the detriment of others. If would serve you well to realize that, because the chances of you ever dying to a terrorist attack are miniscule. If you're so scared of the boogeyman that you fail to prepare for real threats, and you die because of that poor judgement, you'll have nobody to blame but yourself.

EDIT: Let's talk about Muslim bashing. The people doing it are relatively few in number, backed ideologically by just a couple mods/admin. They do, however, post more than enough to compensate for their minority status.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That one collection alone is staggering (and that's just threads started, it doesn't take into consideration all those times other topics have been derailed by the skipster). If you add in Centurion, there are so many muslim bashing threads it's mind boggling. These individuals are certainly entitled to their opinions, but let's not mince words - these members have an axe to grind with Islam.

Don't make me invoke the name of the bad doctor Horacid. You wanna talk about bashing...

Well, anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that muslim bashing is indeed a problem on ATS. People just love to slip into those broad, re-hashed generalizations, all varnished with a gloss of stupid male chest-beating ego and false bravado (Nuke Everybody! etc.). It serves no purpose whatsoever.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm with you, Brit! I think we should round all these haters up and do just like Allah instructs; give them the opportunity to join the religion of peace. If they refuse, lay a heavy poll tax on them and treat the in an humiliating manner as the dogs deserve. If they refuse those two options, we should make war!

That'll teach those swine!

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You have voted WyrdeOne for the Way Above Top Secret award.

very well said WyrdeOne

Brit, I have learnt to just skip past any threads relating to the"war on terrorism" and anything that looks like it on this site now ... also on the news. Just not interested in what most have to say on it. We get it already k ? k. it's gettin real tired

We have the choice of reading and taking into consideration how others feel and what people think on the issues and responding intelligently vice showing off our ignorance on the topic ... the latter seems to be abundant everywhere U turn these days so I'ma go with the former.

Seems alot of people have trouble seperating certain issues and facts, being only too happy to misconstrue truths. And that's cool by me, to each his/her own
that'll just never be me.

:shk:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join