It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Bashing rampant on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Right. So sad because not a single muslim anywhere has done a thing to deserve the scorn being heaped upon them.

Was it you that posted in another thread about the 99% of over a billion muslims in the world being peaceful, but didn't stop to think that that same math meant that there were over 10 million non-peaceful muslims?

Lots of muslims have done bad things in the world. You're intentionally misrepresenting the argument being made by the folks on this thread and others.

Just because 1 muslim, or 999 million muslims do a thing, does not make the remaining muslims culpable. That's the point. Fail to grasp it at your own peril.

TC

Seriously, Wyrde One, do you really expect me to read your isolated quote/respond style? That might make you feel good to do that, and I hope it is theraputic for you, but I am not going to read that. Seriously.

Do whatever you want to do. Your erudition is not my responsibility, unless you want to start paying me to tutor you. By responding to you, I'm fulfilling MY intellectual responsibility to speak up when I see glaring errors in judgement.

Why the debate pennant; did it come with Cracker Jacks?

I got ripped off! It was supposed to come with caramel candy?!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Good job, taupe --- of complaining about people veering off topic and then finishing your rambling post by doing exactly the same thing. Noncombatant deaths in the second Iraq war has exactly what to do with the thread topic of muslim bashing on ATS?

Hello. I was trying to reply to TC's point about :

considering the MURDERING of 3,000 people in the name of Allah back in 2001? If the response was proportional to the response to stupid cartoons, there'd have been no Muslim to protest the cartoons.

I probably didn't make my point clear enough, so apologies for that.

Like you said - off-topic.

TD

Around these parts, we call that hypocrisy.

Around *here* I'd call that an over-reaction.
Didn't actually complain.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I feel you... whats going on here like I understand opinions till the point there just insulting... example the comic's.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Oh God! If anyone is STILL buying into Muslim hijackers causing 9-11 crashes seriously need to be sat down and 'de-brainwashed'!

Think about it! There are the "19 hijackers" that were on the 911 flights right?! And there were no survivors from those planes, right?!

Then explain to me how come the hijackers are still alive and well?!

Muslims had nothing to do with 9-11. The fact that people say they did is based on a perpetuated lie that the American gov't fed to the media outlets.

see for yourself HERE.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
ha ha you gotta be kidding.

De-brainwashed ha ha ha!

I need to see the rest of your stand up comedy act.

I think there is some muslim bashing, but there is christian bashing, and a whole lot of USA bashing. So what.

Heck I'm even bashing the post above.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I'm one of those muslim bashers that you're talking about and I'm not ignorant about muslim culture. I've read about muslim history and defended Islam many times up until the French riots and the incidents in Australia with the Lebanese attacking non-muslim Australians.

The lebanese attacks here had more to do with them being peed off about the lifesavers making them move on instead of hanging around that area and hassling people. It only turned into a race/religion issue when some aussie guys decided to fight back. Which by the way i would have done if it had of been one of my mates that had copped a hiding.

Indonesia is basically an islamic country, in fact one of the largest i believe, and though they have a poor human rights record i believe that they are improving (albeit slowly) and do hold democratic elections.

Having said all that i dont believe muslims are bashed more severely on ATS than say freemasons, ufo lovers, christians or any of the other wonderfully diverse community here. Sure there is bound to be some, the world is in a precarious state, but no more or less than some of the other groups that congregate here imo.

Peace to all
M4S

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbob
ha ha you gotta be kidding.

De-brainwashed ha ha ha!

I need to see the rest of your stand up comedy act.

I think there is some muslim bashing, but there is christian bashing, and a whole lot of USA bashing. So what.

Heck I'm even bashing the post above.

Poor thing...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Christians can't help feeling a sense of relief that finally another religion besides their own is being seen as the bad guy. Becuase historically, come on!! More people have been killed, murdered, or executed in the name of Christianity than in the name of any other group of people that has existed during the A.D.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by omniescient
More people have been killed, murdered, or executed in the name of Christianity than in the name of any other group of people that has existed during the A.D.

The reason you believe that is because you're probably not familiar with all of the wars that took place in the name of Islam.

Islamic COnquests

The Massacres of the Khilafah

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by omniescientMore people have been killed, murdered, or executed in the name of Christianity than in the name of any other group of people that has existed during the A.D.

The reason you believe that is because you're probably not familiar with all of the wars that took place in the name of Islam.

Do you have any evidence to the contrary or just links that Islam like every other major religion has killed people in its name? Religion has been used a tool for ages to serve as a prop for the hegemony of a city/nation/empire/civilization/etc. Look at the US today, Christianity is a major tool for the Bush administration and republicans in general. I believe it folly to confuse the essence of a religion with the political actions of a given government.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Fox Reporter Steve Centanni and his camera man Olaf Wiig were released by terrorists.

One of the conditions of their release was converting to Islam. Convert or DIE! Yeah, that is the sign of a peaceful religion.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
About those reporters, that is the biggest load of crap i ever heard. First of all, you cannot convert someone just like that. Even if they felt compelled to say they were converted, they werent. They were trying to save themselves.

Pluheeeeze.

AND what, would be gained even if it happened??? Absolutely nothing.

That's ridiculous.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Guess i might as well add something to this topic.

How many white people get on planes and try to blow them up hmmm 0 yer 0 now how many muslims try hmm.......

its a fact muslims are causeing terror and terrorists are muslims in general so can you really blame people if they are waking up to the truth?

now i know not all muslims are terrorists or nasty people, but you have to ask what are these peacefull ones doing to help stop this terrorism fanatics not much it seems.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
About those reporters, that is the biggest load of crap i ever heard. First of all, you cannot convert someone just like that. Even if they felt compelled to say they were converted, they werent. They were trying to save themselves.

Pluheeeeze.

AND what, would be gained even if it happened??? Absolutely nothing.

That's ridiculous.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by dgtempe]

If the reporters refused to even pretend to convert, do you think they would be alive, much less be freed?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
[edit on 8/28/06 by Calm Anomaly]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hudef
Muzzie apologists, read and weep

Here's a nice rebuttal of the article, three translations of the Qur'an. Once you read that, you see the difference between what the article by the Hare Krsnas lie about and what the Qur'an ACTUALLY states.

Examples:
Your article states:

Of course an Unbeliever is anyone who doesn't worship Allah and his prophet.

The Qur'an states:

SHAKIR: Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabeans and the Christians and the Magians and those who associate (others with Allah)-- surely Allah will decide between them on the day of resurrection; surely Allah is a witness over all things.

www.usc.edu...

Your article states:

"Allah was not just satisfied with killing the unbelievers. He enjoyed torturing them before killing them..." Taste ye the Penalty of Burning!" 22:19-22

The Qur'an states:

YUSUFALI: These two antagonists dispute with each other about their Lord: But those who deny (their Lord),- for them will be cut out a garment of Fire: over their heads will be poured out boiling water.

YUSUFALI: With it will be scalded what is within their bodies, as well as (their) skins.

YUSUFALI: Every time they wish to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be forced back therein, and (it will be said), "Taste ye the Penalty of Burning!"

www.usc.edu...

These are just a few examples. How about you read the actual Qur'an instead of spouting lies from a religious organization, yes, the website of the Hare Krishnas is for a rival religious organization.

Here's some more about the Hare Krsnas:

"All the grievous sins are removed for one who worships Lord Sri Hari, the Lord of all lords, and chants the holy name, the Maha-mantra."—Padma Purana; Svarga Khanda 50.6

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This forum is as "Fair and Balanced" as a Fox News Debate!

This is supposed to be a discussion about all the rampant racism on the forums (it's everywhere in PTS) and instead it becomes the forum to justify your ignorance. - I wonder how long this thread would've lasted had it been a Jew-bashing forum...

If you were to put the Talmud (A Jewish Holy Book) under the same scrutiny as the Qur'an you would see that the Talmud is far more hateful,
especially in regards to Christians.

These are just some of the ways the Jewish book, the Talmud refers to Jesus Christ:

Example:It claims he was an illegitimate child concieved during menstruation.
* In modern lingo they call Jesus a bastard and accused Mary of being a whore.

Example: It says Jesus had the soul of Esau, which in the New Testament is translated to "immoral or godless"
* So Jesus is an immoral, godless bastard born of an unfaithful whore, according to Jewish beliefs.

Example:It also states that, He is a fool, a conjurer, a seducer; that he was crucified, buried in hell and set up as an idol ever since by his followers.

From what I've read of the Qur'an, Jesus is only referred to with the utmost respect and as a Prophet, or Messenger of God, but the Talmud only refers to Jesus as though he's sub-human or evil.

Here are some actual quotes from the Talmud:

In Book Sanhedrin (107b) it reads: "Mar said: Jesus seduced, corrupted and destroyed Israel".

In the Book Zohar, III, (282) it says, " Jesus died like a beast and was buried in a dirt heap...where they throw the dead bodies of dogs and asses, and where the sons of Esau [Christians] and the sons of Ismael [Turks], also Jesus and Mohammed, uncircumsized and unclean like dead dogs, are buried.

And it goes on and on.....

If anyone finds a passage from the Qur'an that Speaks of Jesus in such a manner, please don't hesitate to post it.

[edit on 8/29/06 by Calm Anomaly]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by omniescient
More people have been killed, murdered, or executed in the name of Christianity than in the name of any other group of people that has existed during the A.D.

Islamic COnquests

The Massacres of the Khilafah

I read i few lines of it and i gotta say it pure propaganda.

IThe Khilafah wasnt handpicked but was done on vote. in front of the whole crowd of people with not secrets and string attatched.

Abu Baker was voted because he cailm down the people when the prophet died and he said his famous wors: " If you praying on Mohammed he is died and if you pray for Allah, Allah is alive and imortal."

That goes for all the other three Khilafah

Islam came into people hearts, It was never really by force. Nothing last by force because evenly people will get fed up and rebel.

I know you would reply back. but not to make it too long because you would never convice me Islam is wrong and I will never convice you it is right. You just have to search in the right place for the truth.
I know you got a lot of hate and that is a thing i cant solve for you. Only God could help you.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It would've been nice if you could back that up w/ some actual quotes. No offense, but I don't rely on hearsay. I know those ideas are comforting to many, and the help strengthen the propaganda we've been fed all our lives, but I need facts. Those distorted media talking-points only work in a one-sided debate. which is all you'll ever see in the Corporate Media. And that's exactly what was going on in this thread - till I showed up anyway. It's no fun when they fight back I guess.

3 months later and I'm still waitin on those those quotes...
Knowledge is Power!

You are being lied to on a scale many cannot even concieve of.Deep down you know it. For many though this truth is simply to horrific to confront. A couple of quotes come to mind...

"Those who control the present, control the past. Those who control the past, control the future". -George Orwell, 1984 -

--- YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT UNTIL YOU READ THIS BOOK!Quite possibly the most important book you'll ever read. I can't even articulate how much wiser you will be for having done so. Orwell wrote this book in an attempt to warn humanity of the systems of control whether they be Communism, Facism, or some sick, twisted hybrid of the two.

But regardless of the form tyranny manifests itself in, this book was created to prevent it, but sadly the population has been retarded to a staggering level thanks to the public schools and a mind-numbing, brainwashing media (a.k.a. sysytems of control
)

This book which gave power in the form of knowledge to the the people (Democracy?) has instead become the hand book of tyranny itself. This book is banned in all nations of oppression, and should be required reading in every Democracy [Oxymoronic statement, I know.].

Do America and freedom a favor and read this book. And remember that true Americans pledge their allegiance to the Constitution, and the Bill Of Rights above any elected official. Or as President Bush likes to refer to them as, " It's Just a *oddamn piece of paper". (Yes he really said that reference to the Constitution.)--

PAY ATTENTION!

O yeah, and the other quote, "Just cause you heads up your ()(), that don't mean the sun don't shine". That one pretty much speaks for itself...

Seek Truth!

[edit on 11/26/06 by Calm Anomaly]

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join