It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
IMPORTANT! READ FIRST!

Below are a list of avatars that as of this moment are free to use for all members. As time goes by members will claim them, so my only request before claiming an avatar I have created is simply to ask permission. As long as no other member has claimed it, consider it yours. I do take personal requests and would be happy to help any member out with any personal idea they have.

Deny Limit

You may see this quote on alot of the avatars, it is somewhat of a signature of mine. If the avatar does not have Deny Limit on it I would ask that you please put a note in your signature saying I created the avatar. We have a group of artists here on ATS, and its nice to see who has created what. You may see Deny Ignorance or Deny Hate (Umbrax) just to name a few.

So simply post in this thread and ask if the avatar is still available, if it is you can upload it right away. I hope some of these avatars go to use, and you guys like them.

Thank you!

[edit on 27-4-2006 by chissler]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
DTOM the avatar looks great with that new background.

Thanks, you and 12m8keall2c really put togther a nice image for me. I think it's gonna be my main avvy, with others used for occasions and to ward off boredom

12m8keall2c found the color code for me, btw
For posterity, it's 5D5717.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I was just curious to see what he used in order to figure out the color coding. It would be a good tool to recommend to the users who take my avatars as I am always trying to think of a color to help blend with the avatar. The avatar alone is decent, but the way you blend everything really brings it all together.

I would have to say that is my personal favorite at the moment, not really sure why but it really stands out to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That it would.
Sometimes it's really hard to match the right color, and not a cheap thing to test samples to achieve the right shade.

This avvy reminds me of Impressionist art. Maybe that is why it is so outstanding?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
To find an appropriate background color I just use the eyedropper tool. I haven't seen a graphics program without one?

Open a blank image 160 X 320. Then make the actual avatar just under the size constraints (i.e. 156-58 X 316-18). This allows for a 1-2 pixel area on all sides.

Use the eyedropper to determine the right color, fill the blank image with it, then simply paste in the Av image. Depending on the Av image you may have to experiment to get "just the right color" and perhaps a bit of soft-edging on the Av image for seamless blending.

Of course the above differs from Av to Av. Experimenting is half the fun, IMO

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Come to think of it I have just been having a severe mental fart. I kept thinking with my eyedropper tool, it only fed me the numbers for each color rather than the code required for ATS. But on ATS you can just fill in the color numbers in order to recieve the right code.

Alittle stunned at the moment.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well, yeah, the eyedropper gives me the RGB values, say, 27 - 106 - 130.

Double click w/eyedropper will typically "set" it as the "foreground" color for most other tools (i.e. paintbrush, text, etc.).

Then bring up the color pallette, as if you wanted to change the color, and it shows the RGB values and the Hexedecimal, in this case #1B6A82.

Pretty much the same for most graphics programs I've used, from Lite to Full versions. Ulead, Adobe, etc.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Is this something that is easy for the photoshop-challenged

Sounds a lot more accurate than eye-balling the closest shade.
Where is this eye-dropper thingy anyway

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
With the Release of United 93 it has inspired me to try some 9/11 related avatars. Here are 2 for now. If your interested in either of these avatars or the ones above, please just make a request before claiming. All information can be found in the original post on this thread.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Im waiting till my avatar is done

How you guys doing?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hey chissler. absolutely luv your work,very eyecatching and quite eerie. could you please use your enourmouse talents to create one for me.

i,m thinking standing full length figure
matrix meets deus ex meets bond meets terminator

all artistry i,ll leave in your capable hands

[edit on 10-5-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ok, back from vacation but bad news for ATS.. I purchased The DaVinci Code two days ago and basically have not put it down yet. I am 3/4's of the way through and should finish soon and I can get back to my ATS habits.

I will try to post both avatars tonight.

Thanks for your patience.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Alright,

Here we go.

For the most patient member ever, Here is what I came up with.

Can you please add a note to your signature giving credit to your avatar? That is of course if you use it.

Thanks!

For the next one,

You left it wide open to what I could do and I came up with two avatars. Feel free to claim both and use accordingly. One of course would require a White Background while the other a black background in order to blend.

Same as above, could you please add a note in your signature. If it could Link to this thread I would greatly appreciate that as well.

You can use this code below which will provide a link:

[url=http://www.belowtopsecret.com/thread192694/pg21]Thanks to chissler for my avatar![/url]

[edit on 10-5-2006 by chissler]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
[quote

[url=http://www.belowtopsecret.com/thread192694/pg21]Thanks to chissler for my avatar![/url]

beautiful work again. my claim i will file forthwith.

HANDS OFF GUYS. MINE MINE MINE. GIMMEE GIMMEE GIMMEE

thanks again.

now to figure out how to glue them on to my monitor

[edit on 11-5-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Dude thnx for the beatiful avatar !
You are THE avatar creater of ats/bts/pts!

Greeeetz ~ 1337

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Glad my work is appreciated. Thank you.

Don't be a stranger, check back at any time and feel free to make requests.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hey Chissler

Is the Fonz still up for grabs? That was awsome!
Don't know if I have enough point to use one but if you could hook me up please let me know.
I'm getting a little sick of the blue.
Thanks

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yeah that avatar is up for grabs.

Click this link and you will find a simple How To for avatars.

They Are Free!

Zeds Ultimate Avatar Help

You should deffinately change your background color to White in order to blend the avatar. You can find this in the memCenter as well.

Click the link above and really take your time. Its very simple and can be done in a matter of seconds.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Here are a few avatars with a movie theme. If you have any requests, feel free to shout them out. More of these to follow in the future.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
hey long time no post for me hehe....wow i love ur work...can i claim the bush admin pic? (btw a few more of ur pics and i will have a collection
)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join