It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holland's New Greetings For Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by AceOfBase

If they committed crimes at the same rate then why are half of the prisoners foreigners when they only account for 10% of the population?

Can you post your source for that?? Because that is constantly brought up as an argument by some of those Pim Fortuyn sympatizers. I think half of the prisoners is exaggerating, but I may be wrong.

How did the immigrant population grow so large if they are so racist?
Why didn't they just restrict immigration?

Not all Dutch people are racist of course, but there are a lot of them, so don't get me wrong on that... The immigrant population is just as large anywhere else. The Dutch are very image conscious towards the outside world and want to be portrayed as intelligent, progressive and tolerant. That's a reason why.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by TheBandit795]

all over Europe there are problems with imigrants
forgot paris?
UK has problems with them to peope are coming to UK through the tunnel connecting uk with mainland Europe.

what about the spanish enclave in marokko being over runned by imigrants.

greech and italia have problems with masses of imigrants coming to them in boats. illegal many of them.

then we have the problem of imigrants from new member states of the EU.

only country which does a great job with imigrants is danmark were they have very strikt rules.

it was not only france its lion well let me say many parts of france .
spain has very big problems to.

all of the old Eu states have these major problems but mainly greech italia
germany holland france.

and we are not rasicst in holland but people are becoming dislike some groups of people especialy marocans and turks.

I life in northern parts of the netherlands we haven't got any big problems with criminallity only the cities have some like groningen and assen but we see it here that many of the crimes are being done by foreigners and amsterdam rotterdam are very populated with foreigners if I come there I can count people with dutch origens pre 1960's on my both hands.

so if the main portion here is being done by foreigners in the north I speak of were not many of them life and we have got many in the big cities in the west we can say for sure that many of them are foreigners .

don't forget if counted some of the foreigners are being counted as dutch because they are legaly dutch taking a portion of them which is criminal on to the portion of the foreigners which is criminals which is not dutch we get 80% + of the criminals is foreigner. joegoslaves and bosniers in holland counted also.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think Denmark also has some problems with muslim immigrants.

I posted these videos a while back but they're relevant to this discussion as they are about muslim immigration in Europe.

Eurabia-Sweden-Fox-News

Eurabia-Spain-Fox-News

Eurabia-France-Fox-News

Eurabia-Britain-Fox-News

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Cool down Mark. It's not my intention to try to demonize the country. I have lots of Dutch friends and I also have Dutch ancestors.

The problem IMO with foreigners (and criminal foreigners) IMO is that they did not always have the same conditions and chances as native Dutch people, which led lots of people to end up in gangs and the underground.

Look at the Bijlmer, in the late 60's and 70's they thought it was a great idea to build huge flats in one neighbourhood and have only foreigners to live amongst each other in that one area. That is what you call building projects, building a ghetto. You can't have integration if you try to force foreigners to live together in difficult conditions from the get go. Only now they're improving in the quality of housing in the Bijlmer area instead of putting everyone in small flats. And furthermore more poeple from that area are getting the chance to move out and settle in Almere for example, all races and nationalities together.

Same as in France. Those people did not burn Paris for the fun of it, it was a timebomb waiting to explode because of the but the extremely poor conditions that they and their families have had to endure for decades. That's often being forgotten in these cases, then they come up with legislation that makes the situation even more difficult.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
What a great idea!

Lets also force them to become christians, and then test those who convert just to make sure they are real by interrogating them. Hey it worked for the Spanish....

In america you could use the same idea to make everyone speak spanish!, errr English!! errr Chinese (as the new masters language)

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Hey #^%# What is wrong with requiring Immagrants to speak English. That is the language of this country. And unless your an Ameican Indian, it is the same role your forefathers and mine had to deal with when they came to this country.

I used to love to shop at LOWES, but after I went to my local one and saw signs in Spanish and English, I will never give them my business again. This America...we speak English. If you can't speak it/or are willing to learn it, you don't belong here!! We bend over backwards to help Immagrants in this country....but if you can not be bothered to learn the language...THEN YOU DON'T BELONG HERE. Is this to much to ask...Nq!!! If you think it is, then your nothing but a whining LIBERAL who needs nothing more than to be SHOT!!!

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I am not in favor of a law that says you must speak English in America, but I am in favor of one that says you must read English to understand traffic signs, government paperwork, employment applications, etc.

Bingo... Thing is though....I know that if I decided to immigrate or even live in a foreign country for a time, I'd try to learn the language. Sadly, I didn't have that option too much when living in Saudi as a kid.... I only learned some basic Arabic, and of course, how to swear....

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
CSRules,

I do agree with you, thatif a person is going to immigrate to here, than they should have to speak English, be that beforehand, or learn it within a few years of moving here.

However, I do have a problem with this comment,

If you think it is, then your nothing but a whining LIBERAL who needs nothing more than to be SHOT!!!

Firstly, no one should be shot just because they don't agree with you on something.
Liberals are not all whiners.
And thinkingthat they should'nt have to, does not necessarily make one a liberal.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I am not in favor of a law that says you must speak English in America, but I am in favor of one that says you must read English to understand traffic signs, government paperwork, employment applications, etc.

Bingo.

And most importantly, all PUBLIC SCHOOL CLASSES should be taught in English, with the exception to 2nd language classes.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Hey #^%# What is wrong with requiring Immagrants to speak English. That is the language of this country. And unless your an Ameican Indian, it is the same role your forefathers and mine had to deal with when they came to this country.

I used to love to shop at LOWES, but after I went to my local one and saw signs in Spanish and English, I will never give them my business again. This America...we speak English. If you can't speak it/or are willing to learn it, you don't belong here!! We bend over backwards to help Immagrants in this country....but if you can not be bothered to learn the language...THEN YOU DON'T BELONG HERE. Is this to much to ask...Nq!!! If you think it is, then your nothing but a whining LIBERAL who needs nothing more than to be SHOT!!!

You know what? I'm gonna take it that your groups of symbols is a way of calling someone a foul name, and youknow that such things are against the terms and conditions of this board.
We do not approve of calling for the deaths of people, either. Bad mojo, and we don't want it.
A good American will know how to spell words he uses.

Between the inability to read the terms and conditions, and the improper spelling, I have to ask; what flight out are you taking, and should we see you off?

Take the hint that I am noticing you. Simmer down, Francis. Obey the rules of my sandbox or take your marbles elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
MarkLuitzen, you are a good Man and your more American than alot of American Liberals here in ATS.

Bush not only left the doors to the border open...he pulled them off the hinges and he betrayed us Conservatives who voted him in. It seems like BOTH parties want more illegal immigration for different reasons.

The spoken Language of a country is the glue that holds a country together. Once people starting talking differently and can no longer communicate...everything starts unraveling.

Sounds like we can take some lessons from our Brothers and Sisters in Holland.

Maximu§

[edit on 122828p://444 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Max, you should go to the average Dutch discussion forum. They love to criticise Americans...
Dutch are mostly major liberals on most issues, remember?

[edit on 9-2-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Great idea. The barriers due to lack of language skills create are immense. Were I live we have had a lot of Polish economic migrants who live here to work for around 6 - 24 months then return once their education fees have been paid for whatever.

I have no problem with this at all, my only gripe is if I go into a shop and ask a Polish migrant if they have some shoes I like in a bigger size I hit a brick wall. I went to a Subway the other day for a sandwich, I ended up putting my order through the manager as the two Polish workers couldn't understand a word of English.

If you come here to work or stay for a long period of time, it's common decency to learn the language of that country. If I moved to Germany or France, I'd make the effort.

All reminds me of the South Park episode, "Goobacks" where Stan tries to order a cheeseburger and fries in a fast food restaurant

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Max, you should go to the average Dutch discussion forum. They love to criticise Americans...
Dutch are mostly major liberals on most issues, remember?

Maybe so, but it looks like alot of Dutch people are waking up!!!

Perhaps their human survival instincts are kicking in and they see that their Liberal policies and immigrations laws would be suicide for their nation. I think they (and other Europeans) are seeing Islam for what it truely is and their starting to hold the government's feet to the fire.

Maximu§

[edit on 092828p://444 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Where is the outcry from Islam, everytime someone is decapitated?? Where is the outcry against all the violence going on over CARTOONS?? I'll tell you where it is..NOWHERE!! Until Islam condems all these acts, It is US against Them! THese people refuse to become a part of the world. They are living in a 12th century mentality. Until they wish to join the rest of the world in the 21st century, we should treat them as the barbarians that they are! For every DECAPITATION of a westerner...they rise up in the streets and celebrate! They throw rocks and stones at every institution of western civilization. Fine!!! if that is what they want, let us blow them back to the stoneage, where they are happy with living!!

I do not want to hear that their Govts are holding them back. If people truley want to be free, then they will fight for their freedom, and the civilized world will help! If they wish to coninue on this path, then they should be removed from the civilized world!! Yes this is harsh (But these radical Islamist, refuse to compromise) And until thay are brought into the 21st century, they should be removed from the gene pool.

This isn't about your idea or mine. It is about what we (Islam) says, or it's the highway. It's time people, Govts, start to see the truth. Do I want to see every believer in Islam die....NO!!! BUt until they are willing to join the 21st century, then I say...Let's remove the problem!!!!

Until the last week or 2, I always believed in the following..."Not every member of Islam is a terrorist, but all terrist are Islamic" Now after the riots over simple cartoons...I have to wonder!!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
After the greetings come the burnings. Urbanuskerk in Amstelveen was burned down by Islamists invied by the EU and the Netherlands !
The burning of the church was let happen by IAVD even though they knew this would happen. They would never dare to counter the Islamists in the country.
edit on 17-9-2018 by Flanker86 because: c

top topics

<< 1   >>

join