It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican troops in Texas!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Guys, calm down. A coward dies a thousand deaths.

The real answer to this 'problem' is closer co-operation between the legitimate Mexican government and the US Government. Both culturally and militarily, including law enforcement.

These people are our closest neighbors and our blood relatives.

Stop being afraid.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

The real answer to this 'problem' is closer co-operation between the legitimate Mexican government and the US Government. Both culturally and militarily, including law enforcement.

Stop being afraid.

Mexican goverment will never stop illegal immigration, they need to deal with overpopulation and social issues. Mexican president would be voted down after he attempted something like this seriously.
And Bush administration sold unlimited free acces to Mexico for hispanic votes in 2004 election, I am surprised some people do not realize it yet.

Really there is only one solution - 100-200 meters wide minefield along the border, combined antipersonal and anti vehicle mines, with fences/walls and warnign signs on both sides to not allow children and fools in. Plus some blimps and airships with IR and cameras every 20 miles or so. Not too expensive and very effective.
And if goverment doesn't want to do it, there is a need for citizien organization like Minuteman, just not 500, but 50 000 people. And of course vote down those political representatives who are allowing it.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by longbow]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Stop being afraid.

Put down the bong dude. There is no Utopia, no one united world, no la-la land so pick a side and defend it. Freakin pacifists!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This guy obviously doesn't know Chakotay very well...

What exactly does the Mexican military stand to gain from crossing our border? .
Obviously these guys are narco-trafficers not military units.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman

What exactly does the Mexican military stand to gain from crossing our border? .

The Mexican mlitary has nothing to gain from this. Its the members inside the Mexican military that are corrupted and are helping to sneak drugs into the U.S. They are the ones trying to gain from this. This is something we have to deal with very soon.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Stop being afraid.

Good fences make good neighbors. And the U.S. has been letting Mexico anally rape its border for over 50 years now -- I don't call encouraging illegal immigration co-operation. If that's Mexico's idea of friendship with the U.S., then I want no part of it.

It's time to put up a huge fence across the border (everywhere except pre-established border crossings, of course -- we're talking about securing the border, not closing it off completely) and permanantly post part of the U.S. military along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Maybe this battle (yes, it was a battle between U.S. and Mexican forces) will finally wake people up! Or will things have to continue getting worse, until it's too late?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

It's time to put up a huge fence across the border (everywhere except pre-established border crossings, of course -- we're talking about securing the border, not closing it off completely) and permanantly post part of the U.S. military along the U.S.-Mexico border.

that's what I've thought for a very long time, we could have each state's national guard or the guard for the area (southeastern states not on the border) contribute to having their units spend like 3 weeks or so patrolling the border and rotating them in and out, we could have the guard from the whole country doing this, but shipping them in and out from their bases might not be economical enough (transportation cost and so on) if we weren't so bogged down military-wise worldwide even before the WOT, we could have our military doing this, but we could use the national guard for this and or reserves nation military units, this could be good for training and maneuvering having them patrol the area. If we just fence it off and leave it at that they will find ways around it, we need boots on the ground so to speak. I mean here in New York we have the national guard augmenting security in penn station and other major transportation areas in the city. And it’s good training having them deployed out on the border. Just my opinion of course.

As far as the whole battle thing, there werent’ even shots fired, and it not worth squat but the para-militaries stuck to their side of the border from what I understand, they just waited for them to come back across, like I said, not worth much but some people with “questionable” motives behind the secure the border campaign have been hyping this up to the extreme (not you specifically ), you would think they where sent in with a presidential order to cross the border or something, even the FBI and local police who said the uniform worn by the people involve in this case weren’t obsolete uniforms not use by current active duty troops.

My reason for sealing off the border is nothing relating to “terrorism”, like al-queda coming over through there or something. Narco crime/terrorism is reaching a dangerous level in mexico, things could get real bad there (worse than Colombia) and we’ll have refuges and a some of that violence streaming over our borders not much but some. As it stands now, only hot heads and rogue elements of the drug trade would dare a “Laredo” type attack across the border or against FBI/DEA agents, the people running these cartels are far from idiots and profits is the bottom line, they would be slitting their own thoughts by aggravating the US and bringing down their full force on them and their product. If these guys would have shot and killed any of the deputies in this incident, their competitors or even those in their own organization would have taken this guys out and left them out to be found. The video of the cartel hitman execution going around was because of the public outcry that their assassination of a female journalist brought to the drug trade.

[edit on 1/25/2006 by Oblivions void]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Is this same kind of lame joke?
The US has invaded Afghanistan and Iraq in order to to fight the so called war on terrorism and yet the US leaves its borders unsercued. On the global stupidy scale this must be close to number 1.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
This guy obviously doesn't know Chakotay very well...

I know him well enough to know he doesn't understand the severity of this problem

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The terrorist idea is pretty lame fellas. A terrorist can fly in here legally with a passport so long as his name isnt on Uncle Sams watch list. The even creepier part of this is all the terrorists already living here.
I can understand if you live in Texas and have to deal with those darned "anchor babies," but Osama isnt swimming the Rio Grande. Thats just a scare tactic used to spook up support.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Here is the latest on the Mexican Army / Drug runners

Mexico denies soldiers protected drug crossing at border

By MARK STEVENSON
Associated Press Writer

MEXICO CITY (AP) -- What looked like a Mexican military patrol aiding drug traffickers on the border shocked Texas police.

It was hardly a relief to the U.S. when Mexico announced Wednesday that the men were imposters: It meant that gangs feel free to drive around the border area with military-style vehicles and uniforms

Mexico has become accustomed to traffickers disguised as cops or soldiers.

It's not just the uniforms; gangs in Mexico often use grenades and rocket launchers. The suspects in Monday's incident had a military-style Humvee.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
IF these are truely an armed civilian operation, why the hell havent we arrested em? They are armed because they expect trouble...I say give it to them.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

I am just beside myself about this. The Mexican govt is going to stop providing the maps, not because they are aiding illegal entry into the US, but because this map could be used by the minutemen to locate illegals. Absolutely amazing

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Stop being afraid.

Did i read "legitamate mexican govt"?

You have got to be joking

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
www.dailybulletin.com...

Statements from border agents and law enforcement saying it was mexican military in border crossing. Also some pic and video links

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Andi it gets beter and better

Mexico's top diplomat suggested Thursday that American soldiers disguised as Mexican troops may have been in the military-style Humvee filmed earlier this week protecting a marijuana shipment on the border.

Foreign Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez also told a news conference that U.S. soldiers had helped drug smugglers before. However, he offered no evidence.

Mexico Claims GI's Aid Pot Smugglers

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Why do i feel like a huge hornets nest is about to get stirred up?

My favorite part or the above story is at the end where the mexican official is sending word to Rice for the US to "tone down" its comments on illegal immigration and border security

[edit on 26-1-2006 by zoso28]

kix

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I just came back from 2 weeks in California I drove 2300 miles, San diego, Los Angeles, San francisco, went to Yosemite to sky, Sequoia, the central San joaquin Valley, well you get the idea I was all over the State.
Its been Invaded, you hear Spanish everywhere, a ton of people just dont care and speak Spanish all the time, so they are not afraid of being labeled foreigners or illegals I WAS AMAZED. Well my kids told me they need to learn french or German since English is optional in the States

The amount of working people we saw over there at ALL LEVELS is simply amazing.

Now I have spoken with a lot of people over there and basically they have been living there for years (I could not find a Fresh inmigrant (LEGAL OR NOT), the guy that moved the lugagge at LAX, the driver of the Car rental Bus, the car rental Rep....well you get the idea.

One thing I just could not keep out of my mind all the time is WHERE THE HELL are the "whites" blacks" and traditional "americans" working where the hell are they? I have no answer but I guess after so many jobs have ebeen outsourced and tourism cant be outsourced, all those serivices are being served and worked by Mxicans and inmigrants alike ( our Sky instructor was Argentine..go Freakin figure)

I spoke with a farmer at the San joaquin Valley and he was pissed that a lot of his workers returned to Mexico to spend Christmas and new year over here, while he had troble with keeping up with much needed field work, I told him why he did not hire "other workers" "are you kidding?, who will pay for 4 dollars a pound of oranges?" I got his point...

Now in this topic the ACTUAL relation between the US and Mexico is very stressed.
A US patrol border policeman threatened at gun point that if someone crossed the border we would shoot, he did and killed Guillermo Martinez this January , he shoot him in the back nedlessly, since there were 4 other border patrol policemen who could have detained him, the problem, it was videotaped by someone THIS side of the border and aired nationally, what has happened to this crime NOTHING, hence some shootings ensued on the next weeks till this drug traffikers armed to the teeth, made what they thought they could pull off and obviously the did.

Now lets be frank here, we know we have drug lordes here but do you honestly think that the drug smugled over the border grow a pair of legs and delivers itself to the consumer? BE REAL therr should and ARE a lot of drug dealers, drug lords over there also and guess who give the mexican druglords RPG and grenades and AR-15 etc etc??? WHO? MExico DOEsnt make any kind of those weapons so be frank here its a two way problem in all fronts, the etnical, economical,Political, bilateral and Legal FOR BOTH COUNTRIES, both governments should Admit that they have let the problem grow beyond reason, they should make afforts in controling not only Illegal smugling and flow, but drug traffic and work a solution that is realistic in the long run.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Make a Bulldozed Two mile trench across both borders. And then fill it with landmines.

Better yet, Legalize Drugs. It cheaper, And the liberals can smoke thier Bongs.

(Kidding aside, Is there really a simple solution to a Complex situtation?)

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yeah, the simple solution is the one you just mentioned. Legalize it.

For that matter open the border wide and shut down welfare at the same time. A third of the people in America would head south, and any northbound immigrants would turn the Hell around. A few would tough it out and become productive citizens, most would not.

Welfare should never be anything but community sponsored charity. The government couldn't get a cent out of a tax dollar if it was twice as honest and efficient. Letting them care for our children, our parents, immigrants, our health, our self defense, our food, our water, it's LUDICROUS!

Nobody would give an irresponsible chimp access to a idling steam roller..and yet here we are...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join