It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican troops in Texas!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Do you know how big the southern border between the U.S. and Mexico is? There is no way that the U.S. could guard that whole line. Let's not forget the Canadian border....

Yes I do, and simply having the presence of the troops there will have an effect. We cant hope to totally shut down illegal immigration, however, if we could shut down the hotspots where the majority of the people are crossing we could severely cut down on illegal immigration. Instead of having an undermanned agency taking care of the entire border, we should have each state concentrate on its sector. If the National Guard of each individual state focused on that border we could defiantly make a huge difference.

Also, the Canadian border is not currently as large of a source for illegal immigration as the southern border is, therefore the southern border is a more immediate and larger problem.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
But what you are stating is very unlikely to even happen. It would make a slight difference, psychologically to some effect, but it wouldn't stop them from coming over.

The U.S. views this situation as not being a significant enough problem to act on it at the moment, thus the lack of attention to it.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
having the each state nation guard on the border isn't that bad of an idea, dont down play the canada border though, mark my words now, the canadian border poses a bigger threat (terrorism wise) than the mexico those. I mean canada lets in a lot of middle-easterns and other refugee with extremist leanings. Middle easterners stand out, and mexico is too dependent on the us to ever allow a major terrorist act on the us to originate from there. And they don’t have to put up with the “first world” hypocrisy that we have here and in Canada with regards to investigating any suspected terrorist plot (they would backroom you in a second). And the same goes to the Mexican underworld, it wouldn’t be in their best interest to traffic terrorist or WMD because it would lead to militarization of the border unlike anything we’ve seen except for korea and a handful of other places at the very least. All drug/smuggling roots would dry up killing the only real economy that there is along the border. Canada on the other hand has a growing extremist population with a extremely large and mostly un-protected (compare to the us/mex) border. And they stand out a lot less in the Canada then they do in mexico and have a growing support network among those who sneak in with in the “refugee” immigration.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing greats points up about Canada Oblivions void, Canada seems to slip a lot of people's thoughts when speaking of border patrol.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
well look what i found... a video of such an incursion video.google.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
A thread discussing a similar topic:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

It started as a good debate that has kinda fizzled out. Maybe you guys can add some fire to it.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Many US citizens live in Mexico. Especially retirees because the dollar goes much further in Mexico. Also Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Cozamil, Mazatlan and most of Baja is filled with American tourists.

Ever think what an international incident would do to the innocent Americans Vacationing in Mexico. Just a thought.

I know it's currently popular to hate Mexicans but we have much more in common than most think. One of the most Important things we have in common is oil and Mexico has lots of it. The powers that be are not going to do anything that would jeopardise the flow of Mexican oil into the US.

Ideology is all well and good but it all boils down to profits for American oil Companies and Mexican oil plays a big part in the oil business/refining in the southwest

[edit on 24-1-2006 by whaaa]

I knew it wouldn't take too long before someone raised the appeasement option. So, we shouldn't defend our borders because of some" innocent Americans vacationing in Mexico"?

Earth to whaaa.

Foreign countries can be dangerous places to visit. When you visit them, you automatically agree to being outside the protection of the U.S. Add to that, maybe Americans shouldn't be vacationing in a country - Mexico - where part of their military has gone over to work for the drug cartels .

Maybe they should wait awhile until New Texas and New Arizona have been pacified ...

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I just gotta say somethin'

Firstly, they arent definately mexican soldiers, just posing as some.

Secondly, I know members of our own military, right here in the land of the free, that sell drugs, so...

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I know it's currently popular to hate Mexicans but we have much more in common than most think.

Because anytime an american wants to defend their boarders, its because they are racist. Give me a freakin break.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
hmmm sounds exactly like drug cartel run mercenaries

am i surprised? not one bit

oh btw; in the video posted above a few posts; it does NOT appear these military guys crossed the border

they stood on the OTHER side of the barbed wire fence

so i am going to assume that fence IS the boarder line
i could be wrong but i doubt it

i would agree; that this border issue must be resolved immediantly

we the people; want this problem solved but our gov't doesnt really give a crap what we think anymore do they?

even you coservative types gotta admit they are ignoring you too!

i think im going to write a letter to Austin today; maybe someone there will listen to me
its worth a shot
ill let u know if i get a reply

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ummm...

This brings to mind many predictions that
say the US WILL be invaded by the United Nations, Russia, China, and South America.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uber Fr0g
lol, the bundles of marijuana is probably part of how the mexican army funds itself. Just another way for them to capitalize on lackluster american border policies. Fortunately i live in east texas and dont have to bother to much with worrying about illeagal aliens.

Drug money is one reason why the U.S. economy is still up and running.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
I just gotta say somethin'

Firstly, they arent definately mexican soldiers, just posing as some.

Secondly, I know members of our own military, right here in the land of the free, that sell drugs, so...

First of all, the people chasing these "soldiers" were policemen and Texas Highway Patrolmen who probably know the difference between soldiers and some guys wearing camo. Even if they are just mercenaries employed by mexican drug dealers they are trespassing illegaly on US soil, with automatic weapons and attacking US citizens.

Second, the occasional PFC in the US army selling pot is a far cry from a group of foreign soldiers or mercanaries crossing the border and firing on US law enforcement officers.

Something that has come to mind after reading Chertoff's statement that this is no big deal, might the US govt be incahoots with the mexicans?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think the first step into dealing with this, is to do something about the wide open borders. What is Bush doing about that? Nothing. He is too busy trying to convince you Iran is a threat lol

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What exactly is the difference between the mexican military and a mexican in camo with a rifle? I know I could just as easily dress up like a marine.

I wasnt saying that they arent actual military personel, I just doubt it.

And to reply to the secondly: Do you honestly believe that our own Gov't doesnt have anything to do with international drug traffiking?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Who cares if they were actual mexican soldiers or mexican criminals dressed and armed as soldiers. Just shoot them the next time they cross the border!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
With ya there. Skum is skum is skum. Kill em all and let God give em haircuts.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Who cares if they were actual mexican soldiers or mexican criminals dressed and armed as soldiers. Just shoot them the next time they cross the border!

The problem with shooting back seems to be two fold.

1st, the Highway Ptrol and the police appear to be outgunned. Would you fire on guys with squad automatic weapons while you hold your issue .38?

2nd, it seems to be apparent that the powers that be do not want law enforcement to engage either the armed trespassers or the garden variety border crosser.

Seems the only answer is the National Guard, alot of hummvees, and some Bradleys

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The only thing that gives the Mexican Drug cartels the money and power to "own" the mexican military is the black market of drugs...

unfortunatley the very thing that could stop them can never be done, because they already have paid the right people in our own government to prevent it...

the legalization of Marijuana... would stop the smuggling in about 2 seconds... and remove the lions share of the money/power they wield.

not to mention begin a "home grown" industry that could provide millions of jobs, and billions of dollars to America.
Not telling anyone to smoke it, just consider the effect of removing the restriction from it. No more drug crime, and no more smuggling incursions by the mexican military...

Oh, and for those that doubt that it was the military... come on...
Do you think they would bother to fake it, when it would be cheaper and more effective to buy the real thing?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
good points lazarus and zozo

it would have been a one sided bloodbath if the deputies would have try to forcibly stop them or go into the mexican border to get them. I mean these guys had their 9mm and maybe a shotgun and I seriously doubt they had an m4/ar15 type weapons, these guy had aks, m4, saws, high probability of armor piercing bullets and grenades from what they go after each other with south of the border. these guys could have given a national guard patrol a run for their money short of them being heavily armed and supported (APCs and at least a platoon of soldiers).

another point, even the FBI and the very deputies involved in the incident are saying that it wasn't mexican military but paramilitaries (the uniforms they had on where outdated). They may have been some elements of current military members but it was most likely mercs and former fed/mil personnel, so let's not act like they where acting under presidential or congressional orders to back up the drug runners. The president's Fox war on crime and cartel is one area where nobody can say anything about him, he has taken the hard road and down a lot to try and battle the cartels and their influence but the corruption has spread throughout the mexican government and military, I think their version of the FBI has been taken down and rebuilt like 3 or four times to because of corruption in each of it's previous incarnations in the past 15 years. But the amount of money that the cartels throw around is just staggering especially in a place like mexico and what the average pay is for a soldier or cop. I mean think about it, the zetas going rogue is the equivalent of the entire FBI HRT teams or navy seals going rogue, that even shocked them down there where corruption is rampant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join