It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican troops in Texas!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

This is an amazing story. The border here in Texas is sorta my hot button and i am usually up on the news from the area but this is the 1st i have heard of this. If there truly are Mexican military on US soil with weapons then we have a serious problem here. Chertoff said it was a "misunderstanding" but this is impossible in Texas. The Rio Grande is the border, and there is no mistaking it. The US/Mexico border in Texas is some of the most sparsely populated land in the country, i wonder how often this goes on. This is disturbing to say the least.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thank you!!

I've been waiting for someone to make a thread at least partially concerning what's happening in South Texas right now, but I guess I gotta do it. I'm glad you brought this up, though. I've known about this for quite some time now, and the mainstream is finally talking about it.

Sadly, it's true, zoso, and it's far worse than you know. I'm going to start working on that thread now...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It will be old news tommorrow and noone will care.

There are over 200 reported incidents of Mexican Military infiltrating into the United States since 1996 alone. Nothing was done then, nothing will be done now. I guess the illicit drug business is winning for now. Too bad there are reports of Chinese soldeirs infiltrating into the US too. They probably have buried nukes all over the US by now.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here is a similiar thread i started

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

There is finally starting to be more awareness on this topic. Illegal immigration, Border security, and drug and human smuggling at the border is a serious problem facing the US today, maybe as much as terrorism. If it is as easy as it seems for the illegals to cross, then it is acceptable that other undesirables have also. We have got to do something about this.

*Fixed the link.....Amuk*

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
lol, the bundles of marijuana is probably part of how the mexican army funds itself. Just another way for them to capitalize on lackluster american border policies. Fortunately i live in east texas and dont have to bother to much with worrying about illeagal aliens.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This was posted by me a two months ago, seems the US government really dose not care, or the US will call in the UN for help.

Mexican Troops Cross Rio Grand Take 3 Tons Of Pot

U.S. Border Patrol agents were backed down this week by armed men, dressed in what appeared to be Mexican military uniforms and carrying military weapons, who seized a captured dump truck filled with marijuana from the U.S. agents and dragged it across the border into Mexico with a bulldozer.

~~

"It's a very serious incident," Doyal said. "We are very fortunate ... no one got hurt. Everyone had the presence of mind not to cause an international incident, or start shooting."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24/1/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uber Fr0g
lol, the bundles of marijuana is probably part of how the mexican army funds itself. Just another way for them to capitalize on lackluster american border policies. Fortunately i live in east texas and dont have to bother to much with worrying about illeagal aliens.

If you live in East Texas and think illegal immigration does not affect you you need to wake up. Hospitals in Tyler, Longiew, Lufkin, ect. are financially strapped because of the overwhelming numbers of illegals they must treat. Tyler's crime rate amongst illegals has increased dramatically in the last 5 years. Property rates in older neighborhoods are falling. The effects of illegal immigration are all seriously affecting East Texas, just look around.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, they weren't necessarily Mexican military. From the link:

Men dressed as Mexican Army soldiers..

They could have been drug runners dressed in military uniforms to gain the element of surprise. They could also have been private military units masquerading as official Mexican military. They could have been former Mexican military, working on contract for someone.

They could be part of the elite US-trained anti-drug taskforce that has since started working for the smuggling outfits.

It's probably a good idea not to jump to any conclusions without having all the facts.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I suggest anyone interested in this topic view this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is very informative with several links to stories

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

"It's a very serious incident," Doyal said. "We are very fortunate ... no one got hurt. Everyone had the presence of mind not to cause an international incident, or start shooting."

Oh come on, why did they not shoot? That would have cause an international crises and FORCED the US government to do something about it, sometimes the only way to get attention for a cause is to create an incident. I truly hope that some of the armed Minutemen shoot at Mexican soldiers on the US side of the border, they would have every right to do so since their country is being invaded by a foreign military force. They would also create an incident that would cause the US to react. I wonder how the US would respond to its citizens being shot by the Mexican military inside the US.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I don't understand why Texans are not defending their state against Mexico? When I am mining gold in southern Arizona, if I see foreign troops on American soil, you can bet they are going down.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Well, they weren't necessarily Mexican military. From the link:

Men dressed as Mexican Army soldiers..

They could have been drug runners dressed in military uniforms to gain the element of surprise. They could also have been private military units masquerading as official Mexican military. They could have been former Mexican military, working on contract for someone.

They could be part of the elite US-trained anti-drug taskforce that has since started working for the smuggling outfits.

It's probably a good idea not to jump to any conclusions without having all the facts.

Alot of these cases not only have Mexican males dresses in Mexican military clothes but also driving Mexican military trucks (Humvees I think) with full auto military weapons.

Not to say its proof its the Mexican military but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck chances are its a duck. You can bride just about any cop in Mexico the mexicans I work with have told me this time and time again most of the time for no more then $20 USD even for serious crimes like having a weapon. Chances are drug chartels have more then enough money to pay for the services of Groups in the Mexican military. These guys just like mexican cops make crap for money.

I think it time we bring the troops home and put them on our border with mexico. I would much rather have them protecting our border then the ones in Iraq or Korea.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, Arizona’s governor has sent National Guard troops to the border to help the Border Agents
Texas, New Mexico and Cali should do the same.

Arizona Sends Troops to the Border

[edit on 24-1-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Border patrol backed down because they were outgunned. If they had started shooting, a LOT of people would have died on both sides, I'm guessing. It could have turned very ugly.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

a LOT of people would have died on both sides, I'm guessing. It could have turned very ugly.

Precisely. The uglier it gets, the more attention it gets, the more attention it gets, the stronger the reaction would be. I don’t mean to sound like a cold hearted bastard, I don't want any Border Agents to get killed by Mexican troops, but they would have died for a cause. A cause which they obviously believed in or else they wouldn’t have taken the job. Someone has to stand up to them if this is occurring, and the Border Agents should.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Border patrol backed down because they were outgunned. If they had started shooting, a LOT of people would have died on both sides, I'm guessing. It could have turned very ugly.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by WyrdeOne]

mexico's elite anti-narcotics 'swat' team went rogue not too long ago, the zetas are an highly train military special forces unit that went to work for the cartels. these guys are armed to the teeth highly trained and have been used to go all over mexico and a few cases on american soil eliminating rivals and opposition and providing guard duty for the cartel and their products. the cartels have gone around buying some of the best trained police and military personnel in south america to join their ranks, backing down was probably the best thing the border patrol did. These guys aren't delta force or seal team six but they'll give anybody a hell of a fight short of the elite special ops training. Some of the fighting in Nuevo larade even included RPGs in their gun fights with each other.

www.wnd.com...

www.americas.org...

www.nmsu.edu...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit: even found a wikipedia entry for the zetas

[edit on 1/24/2006 by Oblivions void]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Many US citizens live in Mexico. Especially retirees because the dollar goes much further in Mexico. Also Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Cozamil, Mazatlan and most of Baja is filled with American tourists.

Ever think what an international incident would do to the innocent Americans Vacationing in Mexico. Just a thought.

I know it's currently popular to hate Mexicans but we have much more in common than most think. One of the most Important things we have in common is oil and Mexico has lots of it. The powers that be are not going to do anything that would jeopardise the flow of Mexican oil into the US.

Ideology is all well and good but it all boils down to profits for American oil Companies and Mexican oil plays a big part in the oil business/refining in the southwest

[edit on 24-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Mexican Troops?

It's not like the Government of Mexico declared war and sent in an invasion force, it's drug lords with power. They get the power and financing through the drug trade.

Why is there no real FED response?
Are you serious?

Iran/Contra and that whole Noriega thing mean anything?... and look up the Zapata Offshore Oil company sometime...

Don't expect a response from this administration. After all, they need a little terrorism at home to feed their agenda.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Ever think what an international incident would do to the innocent Americans Vacationing in Mexico. Just a thought.

No, what would a Mexican soldier shooting a US citizen do to those innocent Americans in Mexico?

I know it's currently popular to hate Mexicans but we have much more in common than most think.

First of all, who is hating Mexicans? Is upholding US law and sovereignty, hating? All we want is for our laws to not be broken by illegal aliens coming form Mexico.

One of the most Important things we have in common is oil and Mexico has lots of it. The powers that be are not going to do anything that would jeopardise the flow of Mexican oil into the US.

Yes, the US currently gets 13% of its oil from Mexico, its probably one of the reasons why every US president since the 70’s has done nothing to stem the flow of illegal immigrants. However if the people of the southern states forced their governors to send troops to the border, then that would help a lot.

Don't expect a response from this administration. After all, they need a little terrorism at home to feed their agenda.

To be fair no US president since the 70’s has done anything to stop illegal immigration from Mexico. They have all failed us when it comes to illegal immigration, if there is one thing I disagree with Bush on its illegal immigration.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Having the people of the southern states telling their governors to send troops to the borders will not solve the problem.

Do you know how big the southern border between the U.S. and Mexico is? There is no way that the U.S. could guard that whole line. Let's not forget the Canadian border....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join