It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to the freemasons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
One does not become a Freemason to seek Truth, they usually become a Freemason to become part of a large group seeking to do good things for others. As a freemason one can take part in many programs to benefit their local society. Examples include, scolarship programs, hospital programs, youth groups, child IDs, safety programs, reading programs, etc. You take it as far as you wish, work as hard as you wish, and ultimately you improve as much as you wish.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
i used to look out for positive things, its ever since my 21st birthday, ive just became bitter before my time i reckon, but back to my question, a large amount of the answers have mentioned, the importance of indivuals . but this is where i think all the conspiracy comes from, every1 joins freemasonary for indivual reasons right, but the consenus is that a large portion of freemasons are classed as the elite or leaders of communities, this makes me worry, if leader types and influencial peopl are in one group and a big group at that then sure people will question its motives. i mean would it really that hard for them to try and sway control, hence why freemasonary and the illuminati are always mixed up, because potenially they can be a control organisation, (im not saying it is, i still think freemasons enjoy cuban cigars and chuckle on how buisnesses are doing since joining freemasonary,)but the potenial for it being more han a club is still there

see my point

(reason for this is cuz im sick to death of people using the words freemasonarty and illuninati thinking they mean the same, the freemasons are a real club, the illuninati is the given name to the "ones that truely control" wheather they call themselfs it or not)

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Judgeofdarkness
but the consenus is that a large portion of freemasons are classed as the elite or leaders of communities

LOL...I've been classed as a number of things, but never elite. Freemasons are for the most part average folks,
sure theres some who are CEO's and politicians but we're a diverse group.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I became an Entered Apprentice just last night, I didn't get my membership card to the Illuminati, instead I got pretty good coffee and some chocolate cake.

Everyone joins for their own reasons, I'm not really sure why I joined. It just felt like something I should do.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
For my parents (mother and sisters in Eastern Star), it was more of a social thing. Lot of formal functions. They were always involved in all things social (dad golf, charity stuff; mom bridge club, church functions). They've done a lot of good things and they've traveled alot.

No matter where you're from, people fear things they don't understand. Same thing with the Masons. Its mysterious.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwhite
I became an Entered Apprentice just last night, I didn't get my membership card to the Illuminati, instead I got pretty good coffee and some chocolate cake.

Everyone joins for their own reasons, I'm not really sure why I joined. It just felt like something I should do.

Boy I didn't even get chocolate cake when I join. Things sure have gotten better.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigEasy
The truth of this conspiracy is when you know someone and something happens to you or you are looking for an opportunity, they will help you. Its a network.

There's a lot of jealousy out there. Maybe that's where the conspiracy stuff comes from. You have to be invited in. Does this come from those who are uninvited and pissed?

Actually, you are not invited in. You have to ask to become a mason. you know the old "ask and ye shall recieveknock and it shall be opened uto you", well it's exactly that. If you ask to become a mason, that starts the process, then after the lodge is made aware of you and your want to join the create a committee of brothers who come to meet you and your familyto get a feel for you, answer any questions you might have and assure themselves that you are of good moral character (as best they can without reading your mind) then they go back to lodge and state: who you are, your intentions, and there impressions of you. Also if you have a wife, whether she consents to you joining. As a mason your first obligation is towards g*d thento your family and your job. If you are joining and not taking care of your family you might as well forget it, family first.
After that, they ballot on you and if it is clear you can recieve your Entered Apprentice degree, if at anytime you are convicted of a crime or do something unmasonic, you probably will not be able to progress to another degree and what degrees you have attained (Master Mason being the highest) will not make a difference because you'll most likely be expelled from masonry.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
BTW, to answer your question, I joined because I grew up watching all the good things that go on at my lodge, all the good men, and all the like minded tolerent gentlemen. You can usually judge yourself by the company you keep. These people have wide and varying opinions (just watch them converse for hours to find what color they want to paint a wall)
but despite these small opinions, they are united under toleration and temporance.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
thanks for your answers mucho appreiated

top topics

<< 1   >>

join