It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to the freemasons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
i just wrote a big rant about why freemasons are contradictive but it was too general

so heres a question, if you are a freemason, what made you become one whats your personal quest, i know now that it isnt relevant in your life now because the lodges have conditioned it out of you. but before you were a free mason , why you join. seekin truth? a quest for world domination? or was it you hate the freemasons then joined then stayed.dont answer me if you dont want to, but i dont need a organisation which screwed up so bad they arnt even a secert organisation to help me seek truth i can do that on my own,

ps. please dont close the thread admin i ask this question to grasp understand , understanding i think is essentially needed to contribute to conspiracy theories.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Judgeofdarkness]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
With an attitude like that I don't think you're going to get many replies from freemasons. Ask a reasonable question and you'll get a reasonable answer.

I don't think this thread will last long either. Not conspiratorial enough.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
"Have you stopped beating your wife?"

And there's your post.

I would suggest earnest and sincere research on the subject of Freemasonry, with an emphasis on fact finding and not sensationalized questions.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am not closing this thread because you expect Masons to answer questions like, "Why did you join the local lodge in Pee-Dunk Illinois; was it to take over the world?" but because you need to take the time to learn the usage of the shift key. I fear that trying to find out the workings of the Masonic conspiracy to take over the world is a bit in depth considering the ease and simplicity of the shift key.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get back to "Typing for Complete and Utter Morons." I hope to complete this course before 2012.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wow, so you really ARE just plain condescending and arrogant, Thomas.

I've read some of your previous posts in this forum and just assumed that you were having a bad day or something...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Will you stop talking to me? Can't you see tha tI am having to study really hard, hence my tongue sticking out of one side of my mouth?
I think it is working; my typing seems to be getting much better.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Judgeofdarkness
so heres a question, if you are a freemason, what made you become one whats your personal quest, i know now that it isnt relevant in your life now because the lodges have conditioned it out of you. but before you were a free mason , why you join. seekin truth?

Let me lay waste to the myth right now. This Mason joined b/c it was a family thing. A connection. I was brought up in it. There is no truth to seek other than your own destiny and success. You know what they say, its who you know..

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Why join a bridge club? Or a bible study group? Or a model train club?
The masons are, in my personal experience no different than any other volunteer, fraternal, community fellowship. I played ball as a kid for a team called the Oddfellows, and they are similar. The Legion, the Eagles, the Optimists, the Shriners, and so on.
If the freemasons are older, and have a more controversial ( as in it being not agreed upon, not as in bad) history, so what?
The local masons I've met are just guys who go to the pub, and help out with local charities, and get along with each other.
They are not in any way shape or form some kind of world domination group. There are bad ones, good ones, and unremarkable ones.
One thing is sure, some very famous, admired American heroes have been masons. That is clearly a feather in their cap.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The truth of this conspiracy is when you know someone and something happens to you or you are looking for an opportunity, they will help you. Its a network.

There's a lot of jealousy out there. Maybe that's where the conspiracy stuff comes from. You have to be invited in. Does this come from those who are uninvited and pissed?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
People recognize power and if they don't know exactly what to make of it, they fear it, hate it, then kill it. In that order. Damn shame really. I like to regroup, approach it, then learn about it. Much more worthwhile.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
So you're sayin people fear the Masons?

The ones I've known have been law abiding citizens (that I know of), if not leaders in the community.

My father was 32nd degree (Master Mason). He was only interested in his family and doing well by us. He never spent time in the basement practicing and perfecting the esoteric - that I know of.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I often think that the atrocities carried out by the European invaders against the indigenous people was done for this reason. The silent, stoic, wise, integrity of their leaders was so powerful and awesome that they feared it. Many will likely say I am nuts, but to go further, the African people have also been very badly treated for similar reasons, and also the Jewish people. Now, I am just sharing speculation that I have been told and that I find very compelling. I see the same thing now regarding the worlds fastest growing faith, Islam. It is scaring the crap out of people. And in case terrorism is cited as the reason, I know that is a common belief. I bellieve that with between 1.1 and 1.4 billion Muslims in the world, it is a small radical element that gets the press. The billion or so peaceful ones are not recognized.
I don't expect alot of people to agree, but I find the quotes of the Native leaders of the past to be very compelling and I also notice how the prejudice against them all is still abundant.
Fear leads to hate, which leads to violence, and without understanding, fear is a likely reality.

May the stars carry your sadness away,
May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe away your tears,
And, above all, may silence make you strong.
Chief Dan George

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
"Have you stopped beating your wife?"

No. I haven't stopped.

Actually I believe the correct answer for a trick question would be the word "Mu"

Mu (here pronounced "moo") is considered by Discordians to be the correct answer to the classic logical fallacy of the loaded question "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" [1]. Assuming that you have no wife or you have never beaten your wife, the answer "yes" is wrong because it implies that you used to beat your wife and then stopped, but "no" is worse because it suggests that you have once and are still beating her. As a result, various Discordians proposed "mu" as the correct answer, alleged by them to mean "Your question cannot be answered because it depends on incorrect assumptions". An equivalent English reply would be 'not', instead of 'yes' or 'no', as 'not' is one possible meaning of 'mu'.

(copy and pasted from en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
"Don't you say no to me!! Do you want to get spanked!?"

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
im sorry if my post was said wrong but thats my veiw, i am here to learn and if nessary change my veiws this is why i learn, i asked the question because im interested in psychology (seeing im doing it at college) and i want to understand who are the real people in the freemason, once you join a group indiviuals usually alter their values to that particular groups social norms values and roles, doing this "Fit" also known as conforming into the group. the longer you spend in a group the more you are influenced, within the freemasonary its widely known they partake in rituals for what ever reasons, i see this as a extreme way of conditioning the mind, hence my comment that within the freemasons they are conditioned to change, , if any free mason thinks hes the same person than before he joined then im wrong, sorry .(im not saying your a worst or better person, im just saying perhap your changed )i have the preconception of freemason being fat cat corp types, raising their sons into it and so forth, i know this is a sterotype, and hence why i ask my question, perhaps answers to my question will help me change my veiws and my own sterotype of the freemasons.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
Wow, so you really ARE just plain condescending and arrogant, Thomas.

I've read some of your previous posts in this forum and just assumed that you were having a bad day or something...

every day is a bad day, you see, the more i learn and go to college the more i learn about how contradictive , hippocritically our western world is, with double standards abound. i am very hateful, but not towards freemason particular.im am seeking help in many various ways, meditation seems the best,
ps; the comment on condescending , its like you know me in rl, but im not that arrogent, just angry

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
People recognize power and if they don't know exactly what to make of it, they fear it, hate it, then kill it. In that order. Damn shame really. I like to regroup, approach it, then learn about it. Much more worthwhile.

i agree, if i didnt want to learn i wouldnt of asked i would of just ranted not considering anyone elses opinion or veiws .

Also, knit picking at people small little imperfections, ie, spelling, lanuage used, typeing etc, is still not answering my questions, just wasting time, id expected more from this board. but i see now the majority here are to shout down people who want to learn things. thanks tho to masons that answered , im grateful

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Judgeofdarkness]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Judgeofdarkness
im sorry if my post was said wrong but thats my veiw, i am here to learn and if nessary change my veiws

OK, well, apology accepted then. Its just that you came over with apparant pre-conceived notions.

... once you join a group indiviuals usually alter their values to that particular groups social norms values and roles, doing this "Fit" also known as conforming into the group.

Freemasonry is a system which works on the individual, however it is important to understand that the change comes from within the person, not from any external force. By the terms of our modern, Christian society the changes would be positive, and I would hope that all freemasons would adjust their behaviour to fit the values of FM. Unfortunately not all manage this.

...within the freemasonary its widely known they partake in rituals for what ever reasons, i see this as a extreme way of conditioning the mind...

The rituals are allegorical storytelling, similar to the medieval mystery plays. They are analogous to fables and/or faery tales; whereby lessons are imparted using symbols, mythical characters (or in the case of fables, animals) to emphasise the core message, or to give the lesson a new slant. It is ernestly hoped that the lessons learned will be forever implanted in our hearts. You may categorize this as positive brainwashing if you wish, but it is important to remember that freemasonry does not give answers per se but the mechanism to go and find them out for yourself.

...hence my comment that within the freemasons they are conditioned to change, , if any free mason thinks hes the same person than before he joined then im wrong, sorry...

As I said, most freemasons would like to think they have improved as a person.

i have the preconception of freemason being fat cat corp types, raising their sons into it and so forth,...

Your preconception will no doubt be challenged as you learn more about the type of people who are real freemasons.

i know this is a sterotype, and hence why i ask my question, perhaps answers to my question will help me change my veiws and my own sterotype of the freemasons.

Perhaps. I wish you luck in your journey of discovery.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
thank you trinity, i appreciated your response, i know i have pre conceptions, i wouldnt be human without them but i am here to change and alter them.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Judgeofdarkness

Prior to the dictates of Thomas Crown, it would have been easier to give your questions the answer they deserve. To do so now will just get this thread closed.

If you check out some of the earlier threads on masonry you will see several links that will direct you to sites that can give you lots of information. Check out both pro and con sites.

Most of the masons on this board would LOVE to be able to answer your questions in depth. But to avoid banning we are trying to abide by the edicts of the powers that be to "not turn this into a virtual lodge".

If you would like, please feel free to U2U me and I will answer any questions you may have about free masonry. Trinityman gave you an excellant thumbnail sketch and great start.

One observation though, having been where you are (mad, resentful, angry and seeing the real world with the flaws that it has). Most college students hit that point during their college experience, try and look at the flaws as things you will try and change in time. I found that looking at the world in a positive way and one that CAN be changed, helps. That is one of the many reasons I joined the lodge, almost 30 years ago. Good luck with the journey, you are starting off on the right foot. Ask questions and form your own opinions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join