It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

attack on monday the 23rd

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by quadricle
the city info comes from this page

From that link

San Francisco: I saw a suspension bridge and under the water on the pilings or supports of the bridge I saw men placing large targets. (Golden Gate Bridge) Further out in the water I saw submarines aiming at the targets. I then saw a long pier out in the water in another area and I saw large cargo ships crashing into the pier, more coming ashore, five altogether. The Cargo ships seemed to be running by remote control.

This makes me a little nervous. I had a recuring dream when I was a kid, 30 odd yrs ago, before I even moved to the U.S.
Anyway in the dream I was standing on an embankment looking at a bridge across the water. The bridge was collapsing and cars we falling off into the water. At the time I knew nothing of SF or the GG bridge.
The weird thing is when I moved to SF 7 yrs ago, I was exploring around the GG bridge and sudenly that dream flashed into my head. I was standing in the same spot as in the dream. It was a very weird experience.
Was I seeing the future? Hmmmmm.

[edit on 21/1/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Man, considering how tall the islands out here are, that's gonna be a HECK of a tsunami to sink some of them. The Big Island has the tallest mountain in the world on it. Our tallest peak here is over 4000 feet tall. I guess it COULD be Molokai and Lanai, but all the others are over 4000 feet, with several over 10,000 as the highest points.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
DejaVu's...i love those...i used to get them alot. Nowadays not so much.

Scenes that flash into the middle of another dream ill be having at the time. I think they are a form of precognition so ya id say u had a form of future telling sight.

Guess this is the weekend we need to party like its 1999 cuz when monday gets here, we are screwed according to these predictions. See y'all tuesday for retrospect on this one.

[edit on 21-1-2006 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Montreal: I saw a large suspension bridge near the city blow up.

Here is a list of bridges in Montreal from Wiki.

As far as I can tell there are no suspension bridges in Montreal.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I've never been there

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

They say this bridge in Montreal LOOKS like a suspension bridge but isn't.
So maybe that's what they are talking about?

www.montrealmirror.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Shows how much i know....i totally looked at that pic and said "that bridge is suspended"...then I red the article. From a laymans terms id say the prophecy'er might call it that too. Whadya think?

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
5 and 23, the holiest of numbers for Discordians, and highly significant ones for the (fictitious, don't you worry) Illuminati.

The words of our Lady are many, and long,
And, following them, thou shalt surely go wrong.

(I've been drinking.)

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I've always thought of a suspension bridge as a bridge with cables. If that is part of the definition or not I guess is irrelevant in a vision. I guess if the person seen the Jacques-Cartier blow up it would easy for them to just call it a suspension bridge.

I can also see the Jacques-Cartier being a good terrorist target.

over 43 million cars will make trips across that deck, or an average of 117,808 per day. That makes the Jacques-Cartier the second-most-congested bridge in Canada.

I guess we will find out on Monday.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   

suspension bridge
n.

A bridge having the roadway suspended from cables that are anchored at either end and usually supported at intervals by towers.

dictionary.reference.com...

That's the "technical definition" of a suspension bridge. It appears that at one time there WAS a suspension bridge in the area, but it was replaced a long time ago.

[edit on 1/21/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I really opened a can of worms on this one
Oops.

I think the predictions are junk. The "events" of these predictions serve more as allegory rather than a digest of what is to come.

Think symbols. This is a dream after all.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Think symbols. This is a dream after all.

If that is the case then a bridge blowing up in Montreal could represent the Bloc Québécois (separatist party) winning enough parliament seats in the Election to bring about a referendum to separate Quebec from Canada.
This is not a long shot and can happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Prophecy of Multiple Cities Hit Monday Jan 23, 2006
Posted on 1/18/06 on www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a set of prophesies that have been released that talk about a multiple city attack on Monday Jan 23, 2006. The cities to be struck are:

New York, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Montreal, Atlanta, Dallas and Washington DC.

Other people are coming forward with revelations and visions of two of the six cities. Several people see both the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge collapse and the Washington DC Nuclear or Dirty bomb attack, including Chuck Colson, former Nixon aide, now Christian, on townhall.com (1/3/2006).

The most collected read of these prophecies and their surrounding confirmations and news items is at:

www.americaslastdays.com...

Intelligence agencies are picking up increased chatter and then there's the recent multiple tracphone prepaid cell phone (untraceable) purchases in lots of 60 to 120 around the country by middle eastern men recently. I warned my friends in Washington DC about this last Friday, the 13th, and posted this synopsis of the prophecy on Weds Jan 18th, before the bin Laden tape was released. There are ever more signs that this will happen.
At least the DC and the San Francisco attacks appear more certain with more than one confirmation.

If you read the book, "Osama's Revenge, the next 9/11" by Paul L. Williams, it makes a credible case (well documented anyway) that there are, in fact, suitcase nukes already in the US that can be employed for such at attack.

Intelligence agencies know that more than 40 suitcase nukes (5 kTon max yield) are in the hands of al-qaeda or already hidden in lead casings in the US now (undetectable til used). I have said for a long time that none of what we have done in Iraq and Afghanistan protects us from an end-around of terrorists through the porous Mexican border to get a nuke into the US. The suitcase nukes were planted in the US during the cold war and there is some debate on the need to periodically service the units for the bombs to maintain their full destructive potential, but even if they can't get the full blast out of it. The radiation will still be out there drifting in the wind. We also know that al-Qaeda under bin Laden had always planned progresssively larger and larger attacks (9/11 was only first wave) to demonstrate that we cannot stop them.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
So they have 40 suitcase nukes, but they're only gonna use 5 or 6 on us?
Wouldn't it make a LOT more sense to use all, or even most of them at once?

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Al-Qaeda has previously tried to influence elections.

Before the US General Election in Nov 2004 Bin Laden released a tape.

Also, Al-Qaeda carried out terror attacks in Madrid, Spain in 2004 the day before the Spanish general election.

I don't put any stock in these predictions at all, however the 23rd will be a date to watch due to the election and numerical significance.

I'd be much more inclined to believe the superbowl or state of the union are the targets.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

The Papineau-Leblanc bridge from Laval (North shore) to Montréal is a suspension bridge:

bilan.usherbrooke.ca...

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I don't put any stock in these predictions at all...

I have to agree.

When I think rationally about this, there are several factors that pop out at me. I'll just list a few here:

-In the current times (post 9/11) there's almost a 'romantic' feel around predictions, so they're very inciting to consider. People want to speculate. It's emotional and exciting.

-No matter which cities one picks and what disasters one imagines, someone, somewhere has had a dream about it. If it's imaginable, someone, somewhere has probably dreamed it.

-No matter what day someone picks, it's going to be the birthday of some preacher's daughter in the US (or some other significant day to someone special).

-With the Internet. anyone can start a website and have their 15 minutes of nerdly attention by putting their prophesies out there.

-This all sounds a little too much like Pat Robertson's (and others) failed prophesies over the past years.

I could be wrong, for sure, and I'm not dissing anyone who believes this prophesy, but I'm not ready to drink any kool-aid just yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Less than 48 hours till we know either way.
If this comes true i will be shocked.
I will be watching the news/boards with great interest monday lets hope nothing happens

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
What is wrong with you people? Do you really believe on Monday all these cities will be attacked?

Just because you read/find some information from some cracked out hippie you want to believe it soooo bad. Why does everyone get all hyped up over absolutely nothing? I'll be back here on Tuesday to see what happened....I'm sure there will be a perfectly good and reasonable explanation, right?

Someone please fill me in why everyone goes nuts when they hear of a national threat needless to say a stupid prediction.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As most ATS regulars can attest we can't give much credibility to various dream prophecies and/or predictions we encounter in today’s information age....
I mean, think Aussie Bloke or Prophet Yahoo right!?

I was listening to Steve Quale's radio show the other night (not sure how legit this guy is), and he was so bold as to state the mentioned cities on the show...(I am almost certain he reference the cities based on the prophecy page and managed to tie it in to Bin Hidins tape - saying the CIA/FBI removed them for public consumption)

I’m sure most of his listeners came to the conclusion that Bin Hidin really mentioned those cities.....that’s where I personally think the "rumor" started...anyhoo...mass paranoia generation...

I'm still surprised at the fact that Montreal, Canada was included as a possible target...I mean for 1 Montreal is in Canada right?

Yes elections will be happening...but a terrorist strike?

Also tons of Muslims live in Montreal, Canada....on the other hand so do tons of Jews...

As for the bridges...many exist connecting the island to the mainland, the main ones are:

and I quote:

THE JACQUES CARTIER BRIDGE
Is a five-lane bridge 11,236 feet or 2 1/6 miles (3.4 km) in length, spanning the St. Lawrence River between the cities of Montreal and Longueuil. Access and exit ramps connect it to St. Helen's Island.

THE CHAMPLAIN BRIDGE
Opened to traffic on June 29, 1962, links the municipalities of Brossard and Verdun, and is approximately six kilometers in length. It carries six lanes of traffic separated by a median.

THE HONORÉ MERCIER BRIDGE
The Honoré Mercier Bridge spans the St. Lawrence River and Seaway between Lasalle on the Island of Montreal, and the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake on the South Shore.

source

I'm a firm believer that as mentioned; in today’s internet info age, we come across a ton of info that makes us really question ourselves and our world...easily and often strayed from the truth and reality.

Many people love attention and even more love reactions to fantastic statements, we must also realize many people make a monetary profit on this type of information, the Conspiracy and paranormal market is huge generating millions of dollars annually in revenue.

Hence the propagation of this type of info thru quasi-seemingly legitimate sources. (i.e. Steve Q. radio show.)

Many are hypersensitive, they have certain dreams or thoughts that they interpret as reality or fact, there's nothing wrong with this of course (imagination is a gift) but we must realize that most will justify the information and make it an active truth in their minds or in this case, most of today’s "conspiracy" radio show hosts that continuously and relentlessly need to plug their DVD's or products - they love this type of info/propaganda....and also, since it's on the net...hard copied somewhere it’s convenient for them to provide a source if questioned.

In any case....the story is interesting but doubt it's true

let's hope I’m right…..

[edit on 21-1-2006 by quadricle]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Who is going nuts over this prediction?
From what I can tell no one on this thread is like "OMFG I got to get out of San Francisco." Just about everyone on this thread has stated they don't buy into these things.

At any rate I believe these things should be proved right or wrong instead of flamed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join