It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 1000's Of Tribesmen Protest Against Alleged US Zawahiri Air Strike

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Actually the question now is . . . Who took the bodies, The Pakistani government or some US OPs.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
jsobecky, I'm glad children are not innocent in your world but where I come from you don't punish children for the acts of their parents.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   

jsobecky, I'm glad children are not innocent in your world but where I come from you don't punish children for the acts of their parents.

Well, Odium, we don't put children in the face of danger in my world. So don't blame the US for the acts of their parents.

I don't know why that is such a difficult concept to grasp.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   

One part of this whole scenario that puzzles me is that several sources have stated that drones were patrolling the skies around the village for the previous two or three days before the bombs were dropped. I would think that that would be enough to keep Zawahiri away from the area until things cooled down.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by jsobecky]

This is the thing that most puzzles and concerns me, as well.

Presumably the "drones" mentioned were Predator-type aircraft (there are several versions of the Predator). All share at least one common feature which would make them absolutely inappropriate to this type of mission: powered by a turbo-prop engine, they're all loud, unless flown at higher altitudes!

And yet, even with as high a stakes target as Al-Qaida's #2, the US chose to fly the thing for Several DAYS! at an altitude low enough to be spotted by tribesmen in the target zone!? Isn't that kinda like parking a police patrol car in front of a illegal brothel and expecting the "johns" to waltz right up and bid the cops on duty a hearty "G'day!"?

I can draw two possible conclusions from such hubris:

1.) The US military/intelligence forces are Just Plain STUPID! Which is too disturbing for me to believe even for a New York second. Or,...

2.) For whatever reason, we really do not want to capture/kill this man.

And the Why's and Wherefore's behind That possibility are the stuff of Grand conspiracies and True Nightmares!

May I offer one of mine?

For a time, some time back, I worked with a small company developing a high altitude Unmanned Lighter than Air Vehicle (ULAV). The USAF underwrote our development of the prototype; they had plans (this was just prior to the on-set of the current Iraqi war) to use the vehicle as a recon platform in the up-coming hostilities.

ULAV's have a couple of advantages over other types of aircraft: they can loiter over a specific area for days or even weeks at a time, and they are, or can be, perfectly silent while doing so. Like conventional aircraft, in addition to carrying recon gear, they can also be outfitted with weapons.

I seriuosly doubt that our vehicle was the only ULAV that the military and or CIA had in development at the time. They are cheap, simple to construct and relatively easy to deploy.

If your mission is to assasinate a wary, but relatively low-tech target, a ULAV can provide "Silent Death from The Skies". Yet the CIA relies on a noisy drone?

If this is a war for the very existence of the Freedom we all cherish, and the terrorists supposedly hate, shouldn't we be bring out our "A" game?
Gulf War I introduced the F-117 Stealth to the world. I would have expected the War On Terror to be the comming out party for the legendary silent "Black Triangles".

Or maybe they don't exist after all?

Or maybe it's just that WE don't have them?

Or maybe, by claiming to attempt to kill Zawahiri and "inadvertantly" killing a handful of "by-standers", thus inciting the local fundie hotheads, we can somehow get anti-US factions in the Pakistani military to squeeze out a nuke or two to the terrorists. Then we can track it as it makes its way to Karachi on the Arabian Sea. We then can strike a blow against the potentially deadly nuke black market.

If we don't loose the trail.

Damadola is in northern Pakistan, not far from many of the country's nuclear weapons sites.

The research I've read (possibly now out of date) indicates that many of Pakistan's nuke weapons are of the relatively simple "gun-type" or "Little Boy-style" design, with yields in the 4-12 kiloton range. In his novel "Rings of Allah", Lee Boyland postulates on the result of such a device being smuggled into a US port city.

In August of 2005, Sudden Response 05, conducted at Fort Monroe, VA simulated the result of a 10 kiloton nuclear weapon, smuggled into the US aboard a ship, detonating in the port at Charleston, SC.

What are the dreams of Madmen?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well, another possible conclusion is that the US military was not responsible for the bombing. It could have possibly been done, as has been suggested, by a launch from over the border in Afghanistan. The US may know who launched it, may support that effort, but by necessity must neither confirm nor deny knowledge of the event.

Intriguing, to say the least.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hmm, the # 2 man may not have been there but it looks like there were al-Queda there including the top bomb maker for the al-queda. At least this si what the Pakistanis are reporting now
St rike Reportedly Kills al-Qaida Militants

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The story if true sure shows that the villagers were lying when they stated there were no insurgents there though which is a very good thing. It also noted that they are looking for a cleric who is believed to have taken the bodies so they could not be identified which leaves out the Pakistan government and US who some think may have taken the bodies.

Key paragraphs from the story

Sherpao said the government had not retrieved the bodies of any of the four foreign militants reported killed in the raid. He said the bodies may have been taken by a local pro-Taliban cleric, Maulana Faqir Mohammed, who also is being hunted by authorities.

Provincial authorities say the attack killed 18 residents of the Pashtun village, and they also say they believe sympathizers took the bodies of four or five foreign militants to bury them in the mountains, thereby preventing their identification.

St rike Reportedly Kills al-Qaida Militants

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wait, we're talking about information from the same Pakistani Intelligence, ISI, that is not only on friendly terms with the CIA but also wired 100 grand to Mohammed Atta on 9/11?

Just checking...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Well, Odium, we don't put children in the face of danger in my world. So don't blame the US for the acts of their parents.

No...we don't jsobecky...

To use an old addage..."If you let a snake in your house expect to get bit" and that's what happened here. These folks let snakes in their house for a dinner, and they got bit...

If it were me and I was under this type of mindset, when I let these snakes in my house, knowing what might happen, I'd move my wife and children to a different location...

But that's just me...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
One of those killed in last week’s Predator strike against terrorists in Pakistan was the man who trained the shoe bomber Richard Reid and Zacarias Moussaoui, as well as hundreds of others

U.S. Strike Killed al Qaeda Bomb Maker

Pakistani officials now believe that al Qaeda's master bomb maker and chemical weapons expert was one of the men killed in last week's U.S. missile attack in eastern Pakistan.

Midhat Mursi, 52, also known as Abu Khabab al-Masri, was identified by Pakistani authorities as one of four known major al Qaeda leaders present at an apparent terror summit in the village of Damadola early last Friday morning. "He's the man who trained the shoe bomber Richard Reid and Zacarias Moussaoui, as well as hundreds of others."

Pakistani officials also said that Khalid Habib, the al Qaeda operations chief for Pakistan and Afghanistan, and Abdul Rehman al Magrabi, a senior operations commander for al Qaeda, were killed in the Damadola attack.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What has been happening lately in my Country.. Canada, is a darn shame. The county is now filled with Afgani and Pakistani and Indian people. So many that all advertisement is now showing coloured people of their decent and not white anymore. Even the blacks are a minority.

Please dont pull the racist comment on me... for if I wanted to live amongst the majority of coloured people I would have moved to one of their countries.

I went into a Kentucky Fried Chicken the other day and the lady behind the counter could not speak English. I asked for a 1 piece meal and she.. pointing to the drinks, ask if I would like rings. I asked what? Again, would you like rings? I looked around and noticed everyone in there was of Indian decent. I looked at one guy and asked what is she asking me. He looked at me and asked would you like juice? omg... THIS IS NOT THE COUNTRY I WAS BROUGHT UP IN. Why is immigration letting people in of one decent and so many too?

I think the US has a point when they accused Canada in the 911 terror plot of being part of the blame. These people came here under the disguise of being refugees and then they go on with their stupid terror plots right under the nose of our government.

I think I got bin laden living next to me too... if not then his family is their. They are tall people. The two sons like to bumb into you when walking past you in the hall. The old man seems nice, but the mother reminds me of that woman in the Scarface movie... the one on the bed, when they met up with the Columbians! Woooo nealy.

It seems all these people are being misplaced by the war going on in their country. And they would be still in their country if it were not for the war.

I just wish the war would end sooner. Nuke the culprits now. Japan fell to it's knees after the nukes on them.. so I assume that the same thing would happen if it happened in the Taliban and Alqaedia territory. These people are playing mind games with the US. They speak for both side of their mouths making it seem like the tribal leaders are gonna make things right, and through their back doors, they are paying people to do their dirty deeds.

Nuke em.. now.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
One of those killed in last week’s Predator strike against terrorists in Pakistan was the man who trained the shoe bomber Richard Reid and Zacarias Moussaoui, as well as hundreds of others

Yep. Definately NOT innocent people. This airstrike was an
excellent hit. Killed terrorists, foreign fighters (terrorists) and
abetters. The terrorists thought they were safe hiding over
the border in Pakistan. Now they know they aren't. Wonder
if that's why we are suddenly getting a tape from UBL asking
for a truce? Historically these terrorists ask for a truce when
they need time to get their crap together because they are
having a difficult time. They don't want peace ... just some
free time to plan attacks.

Obviously the airstrike worked well.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

...because no Police would get away with it in our society and like it or not, in your World - the United State's, people do hide behind children and if an officer resulted in several deaths to kill one person, not directly attacking anyone in that moment he would not have a job.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
".... Part of espionage is gathering what is called
'human intelligence'. This is done in police work as well."

REPLY: Much of our intelligence gathering capabilities were screwed up because of what Clinton did back, I believe, 1996. He made itt so we couldn't "hire" anyone who had backgrounds dealing with "unsavory" people in other countries. Thankfully Bush corrected that mistake.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
".... Wait, we're talking about information from the same Pakistani Intelligence, ISI, that is not only on friendly terms with the CIA but also wired 100 grand to Mohammed Atta on 9/11?"

REPLY: Geez.... do the research. Not true at all. The link showing this to be false is in another thread, which I'll try to find after I get back from work.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join