It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know how the eygptians made the Pyramids?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It really very simple

The had Whips

MASSIVE whips

Ok only kidding, I think that the pyramids where made by eygptians not by any other force beyond this earth, I read in another thread "The..the Aliens made pyramids with Lazer Beams PEW PEW PEW!" by bane of existence about the child making the pyramid, this is so very true i watched my friends little brother make them all the time wondereing how he did it, its simple: Human creativity, the pyramid is a very aestheticly pleasing design plus really quite simply. The hardest bit is how they made one, but this is the same as for many questions about ancients:

how did cavemen sharpen tools to be monomoleclar on the blade without modern techniques

How come the romans could build arches for aquaducts? a self suporting arch is in my opinion a harder mathematical design than a pyramid

The fact is the ancients were far smarter than us in many ways back then the idea of survival of the fittest still existed the people who lived long enough to design these things were the cream of humanity, not only strong and fit but incredibly inteligent, for most ancient civilisations knowledge was seen as true power and strength wherease in recent years people give more respect to physical not mental ability,

I saw a TV show a few years back about the pyramids on the BBC it showed how the pyramid makers were not as many believe slaves but all payed workers, they earned very good money doing it and were all taught incredibly difficult skills

I think the eygptians built them and even if they didnt im not going to argue with an egyptian especially if he has one of those whips!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I saw a similar programme on the Discovery channel..and then all these top engineers couldnt build a small pyramid. It was also suggested that the stone blocks for the pyramid were lifted by giant kites.
I think we'll never know how they were built with such precision

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
one interesting theory is that they actually poured sand along with some sort of solution to bind it together into the molds where the block should be, when it hardened move on to the next one, and so on.

But how did they carve granite, they did not have anything strong enough to carve it with, yet plenty of granite things in Egypt ?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
But how did they carve granite, they did not have anything strong enough to carve it with, yet plenty of granite things in Egypt ?

Carved it with granite tools? Hard labor, but that would probably be possible.

Speculative question with stone tools: What happens if you encase a slab of granite with a layer of metal (copper) and try to use that as a hammer? Would the metal make it stronger (so the stone wont break easily) or would it be worthless?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
no i dont think you understood me. They finely carved a lot of granite for statues and things inside the pyramid, but you cannot do granite with iron or copper ( i think they only used copper at that time but im not sure) becouse the stone is too hard.

So how did they do it?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
www.pbs.org...

google is a great tool

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
hey ! pretty good !

even though the text is all "could have been" and "might have" its still sounds like a very good theory to me

thanks

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
For those interested in mineral hardness, please check this link. (wikipedia)

I did some calculations with this problem, and if they were able to carve and transport 4 stones per hour, 24 hours per day, 365 days a year, they needed over 68 years to make the Great pyramid.

Just try to imagine work force size needed to accomplish this. How much more people you need to feed the work force and keep them under control. Not to mention possible wars with different tribes around.

All of this makes me very skeptical toward Khufu as builder of the Great Pyramid.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Question: How did we shape diamonds? How do we cut them?

Large impact, even from a weaker material can cause enough damage to break it up, the problem is it takes time and smoothing them down would be difficult.

Next time, use a search function:
Here is an existing post by me on how they made it, Byrd has made hundreds as have many other members. It gets boring repeating myself.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What's your take on what Edgar Cayce said in one of his readings when asked how the pyramids were built, "By the use of those forces in nature as make for iron to swim. Stone floats in the air in the same manner. This will be discovered in '58"?
He was also asked in what time, "10,490 to 10,390 bc."

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Question: How did we shape diamonds? How do we cut them?

Large impact, even from a weaker material can cause enough damage to break it up, the problem is it takes time and smoothing them down would be difficult.

Next time, use a search function:
Here is an existing post by me on how they made it, Byrd has made hundreds as have many other members. It gets boring repeating myself.

So now they had a time to use lower greade material to shape stones perfectly?

I see that you are trying to prove that antient egyptian civilization were able to create pyramid, but do you really believe that they had a means to cut, shape, transport and place 2.4 milllion rocks??

Why then they did not built same size structures later also?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
www.world-mysteries.com...

www.thehallofmaat.com...

Here are two sites that I feel have pretty good information on the great pyramid. The first one gives lots of details on the pyramids statistics and interesting features that express mathematical formulae like PI and the Golden section.
The second one has many good articles about how they could have cut the stones, and what tools and methods they are known to have had.
The number of blocks in the great pyramid has recently been estimated at about 580 000, though the 2.4 million figure is still commonly cited.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by vietifulJoe
So now they had a time to use lower greade material to shape stones perfectly?

I see that you are trying to prove that antient egyptian civilization were able to create pyramid, but do you really believe that they had a means to cut, shape, transport and place 2.4 milllion rocks??

Why then they did not built same size structures later also?

They probably realized that they really didnt have the means in the long run even if they pulled through for these couple of Pyramids. You can actually see the same thing in more recent times. Why dont we build massive cathedrals anymore? There are more Christians now than there was in medieval times and we have FAAAAAAAAAR better technology to do it with.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
are there any kind of acids that would soften or dissolve granite?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
``

i'm still wondering just why couldn't the ancient egyptians have used
a native african resource to haul or otherwise lift, leverage, or whatever to all those quarried stones.
I'm talking about using elephants as "horsepower' instead of teams and
battalions of slaves, tugging with ropes on all those building blocks.

It could have been deemed unlawful for any scribe or priest/architect
to make it known to posterity that trained-domesticated elephants were
used in the making & moving of the components of the temples or the colossial pyramids
(i.e.: 'mountains' in Egypt)...which would therefore make those monumental tasks seem super-human and beyond the feat of mortals-> without the grace & leadership of Pharoh !!

ah...the mystique/mystery of Pharoh+Egypt survives even til the present

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by livenlearn
What's your take on what Edgar Cayce said in one of his readings when asked how the pyramids were built, "By the use of those forces in nature as make for iron to swim. Stone floats in the air in the same manner. This will be discovered in '58"?
He was also asked in what time, "10,490 to 10,390 bc."

Have you heard about this guy? Edward Leedskalnin

"I have discovered the secrets of the pyramids, and have found out how the Egyptians and the ancient builders in Peru, Yucatan, and Asia, with only primitive tools, raised and set in place blocks of stone weighing many tons!" - Ed Leedskalnin, builder of Coral Castle

look at his story

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The sound theory is one I like, I've read other stories of monks in Tibet lifting huge stones with music. There are other references too, but I don't have the time right this very moment to look for more info.

I have a book on Egypt somewhere that goes through all the various theories, and I think the sound theory is the one they conclude is the most likely - I will come back to the thread with the book name when I have it at hand

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
hey VelvetSplash,

i find this sound theory very interesting, i know of a theory about the design of stonehenge and the surrounding caves having something to do with sound, there's even drawings of soundwaves on the cave walls.
i must find this info

all the best

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Vibrations will move objects across a table, and on a larger scale, when the right resonating frequency is applied over time, it grows. The collapse of the Tacoma suspension bridge is an example of this that you can watch develop. It is an amazing piece of film footage, showing the bridge deck come apart. Although the wind which caused it did not increase in velocity, before very long, the amplifying effect of resonance brought the bridge down. The use of tuned sound waves to move large ancient stones is a common ancient description. Merlyn was said to have touched the stones with his wand, and they jumped ahead. Tibetan monks are said to have lifted large boulders easily, after chanting for some time first. The remote ultrasonic destruction of kidney stones is a modern example.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
They wanted to corner the Lego market!

1. I think they were made as as they are for some type of energy form.

2. They could have been used for religous means.

3. They were made for our E.T. friends to know where we are.

There are too many reasons as to why they were built with the possibility of most of them to be true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join