It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We don't need no stinking Green card.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I realy don't know wheather to laught or cry after reading this artical . wile I have no problem with Leagel immergration .This is outrages .the mexican goverment Telling us we have to let them in and alowa them to stay even though there illegals worse yet tell us to turn a blind eye to our boarders,

news.yahoo.com
MEXICO CITY - Diplomats from Mexico and Central America on Monday demanded guest worker programs and the legalization of undocumented migrants in the United States, while criticizing a U.S. proposal for tougher border enforcement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Meeting in Mexico's capital, the regional officials pledged to do more to fight migrant trafficking, but indirectly condemned a U.S. bill that would make illegal entry a felony and extend border walls.

"Migrants, regardless of their migratory status, should not be treated like criminals," they said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

We dont need no stinking green cards . Its our land to and if you dont like it tuf .
Im not sure building a wall is the answer .nore shooting them as they cross . but we truly need to find a way to deal
with this in a way that will effect the mexicain people so that they will not want to come here illegaly.
Mabby the best Idea is to have higher accountabilty in the employment sector .
Thats the main reasion they come and employers higher them at below minum wages so as to make even more proffet wich is also illagel.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Why not just have a massive Wall Starting at the US side of the Lower states, so the Illegals gan only work/access those lower States that are near the Mexican border and cant get through to any of the more northern states

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I live in Canada, who has much lesser border restrctions. So this is not something I really deal with on a daily basis. But what is the major problem with all of these immigrants coming. I mean if they are coming into the country and taking tax dollars or just creating gangs and causing havoc on every corner. Then sure yes, I understand all of this. But naive or not, I am under the impression they are coming to the US, to simply try to earn a living.

If it were the case, an honest man who could not get his green card and ONLY wanted to come and work. Would he be acceptable?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Or Mexico can FIX THEIR OWN COUNTRY so there wouldnt be hordes of people trying to get into the United States.

Or nevermind actually trying to help us in securing the borders.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Decaded ago there was the "Bracero program" where Mexicans were essentially contract labor and were allowed into the US to work but not have permanant residency. The employers were responsable for providing a place for the workers to live. This was an agricultural program if I remember correctly. Could this be a viable alternative to the illegal problem existing today? I don't think the employers would want to be responsable for housing.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You know, I figure a good way to get rid of this whole problem, is to Merge Mexico with the United States.

I mean, yeah it would take time for everything to come into place, but if we made Mexico part of the U.S, than we wouldnt have this problem.
Plus I'm sure the government would love the idea of having more land and people, especially ones they could even more easily manipulate.

[edit on 1/12/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
After WWII, my parents "legally" emigrated to the United States. They became U.S. citizens only after learning to speak English fluently and after taking an American Citizen Test. I am not certain whether such a test is still even offered but, from what my mother had once told me, it consisted of learning American history, the constitution and how the legal system operated.

Today it seems that all is necessary to live and work in the United States is to simply "be here". It makes the entire concept of citizenship a sham or mockery. Well, perhaps it is. But, nevertheless, I wonder how people who try to enter the country legally feel when they see illegal aliens come to the states to work and to receive all the "rights" that a citizen has without any of the obligations.

If people find their own country's to be intolerable places to live, then, perhaps they should work towards making their own country's better. My own parents came to the U.S. because their country, Lithuania, was annexed by the Soviet Union. They faced persecution in their home country because of their religion and their socio economic status. They were capitalist

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
BT,
there is no requirement that someone learn the English language to become a citizen (although it is highly reccommended
)
The citizen test is still there and it is a difficult one to pass. Most of today's High School graduates would not pass it. It took my wife months of studying to pass (she got it on the first time too!)
And I agree with you, The way that our goverment as well as the goverment of Mexico look at it, US citizenship is a joke

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
You know, I figure a good way to get rid of this whole problem, is to Merge Mexico with the United States.

I mean, yeah it would take time for everything to come into place, but if we made Mexico part of the U.S, than we wouldnt have this problem.
Plus I'm sure the government would love the idea of having more land and people, especially ones they could even more easily manipulate.

[edit on 1/12/2006 by iori_komei]

LOL this is a joke, right? Can you imagine the stress to our welfare system if this were to happen? Not to mention Social Security! Come on. Get real. Why would we want that toilet in the first place?

Everybody deserves a fair shot at success. Everyone who wants to work, should be able to. The problem is, most of the illegal Mexicans take advantage of the system. There are ways to become a citizen, but the problem is, most don't want citizenship. Honestly, I feel for their plight, but it has become a problem. We need to do something different.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
No, no joke. I'm serious.
I figure if we did this, and spent the time to try and bring them up to middle class, than everything would be cool.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
By annexing Mexico, the US would immediately become a 3rd world country. Well, maybe not that extreme, but we would have annexed an ENTIRE COUNTRY that would immediately go on welfare. Mexico will never be anything more than a 3rd world country. The government will never change, and the citizens will never try to change it.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well than, how about if we did it little by little, like over time brought a small amount of Mexico into the U.S, improving that part, and moving on to the next part to be brought in.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
iori_komei,
Isn't that what is already happeining?
I mean if you start counting the number of both legal as well as illegal immigrants, the US is already taking on a large portion of the population
(Joking )

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Well than, how about if we did it little by little, like over time brought a small amount of Mexico into the U.S, improving that part, and moving on to the next part to be brought in.

Please dont think that I'm a hater, cause I'm not, but why would we want to do that? What's in it for the US? Other than a few tourist towns, Mexico is a toilet. Ever been there?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
No, never been there.

What use would the U.S have in obtaining it ytou ask?

Well, more land area for one.

A source of cheap labour, for buinesses and government alike, more room to spread (not the same as more alnd).

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Of my 4 grandparents, only one was a native born American. The other 3 were sponsored by American citizens. They came here legally. They applied for (and received) citizenship. They learned the native language, and spoke it in public. They worked hard, paid taxes, and made an effort to contribute to society; while still retaining the best of their native culture.

The same applies to my hispanic next door neighbor.

Anyone who wants to go through the system, keep a job, and learn the basics of my language is welcome in my country as far as I'm concerned.

I don't believe in entitlement. Illegal immigrants are not entitled to the rights and perks of American citizens. Legal immigrants are. (except voting, which requires citizenship)

Chissler asked:

If it were the case, an honest man who could not get his green card and ONLY wanted to come and work. Would he be acceptable?

Green cards are easy to get. As are work and student visas. All it takes is one American citizen writing a letter, and a lack of a felony record. An honest man (or woman) wanting to live and work in America could do so easily.

Also, companies take advantage of illegal immigrants. They are paid less than minimum wage. They work usually more than 40 hours week. They are given no benefits. A company can and does use their illegal status to keep them ignorant of their basic human rights.

I find this outrageous and insulting. I find it outrageous and insulting that Mexican families sue the United States because a family member died sneaking through the Arizona desert. I find it outrageous and insulting that American citizens leave food and water in that same desert so that an illegal immigrant might live out a life of servitude working at a job I would gladly take, except I won't be hired because I'm an American citizen and I know what the minimum wage is.

I find it outrageous and insulting that Mexico thinks it has any rights whatsoever when it comes to America.

*end rant*

top topics

join