It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIRCUMCISTION: The conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
when my son was born, they asked me what I wanted, I told them to go ahead and supersize it, and they did.

I work in the heath care industry, and I see claims reports every day. You want to know what is driving costs today ? Dr. office vists and prescription drugs.

as in not surgery. as in not any kind of surgery.

If I felt pressured at the hosptial to do it after I said no, I would agree with you. You want to know what the "establisment" is pusing around here ?

breastfeeding. Thinsk about that, its free ! They went out of their way to make sure my wife got whatever she wanted when it came to learning how to breastfeed.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Removed inappropriate comment.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am circumsized, but it doesn't bother me what people chose, there is no right or wrong. I wouldn't do it if I had a son, if it doesn't matter, then I really don't care. But if it has benifits, I'd do it. I'd give my child a polio vaccine.

why are so many american men loosing their natural penis, lossing the most erogenous piece of their body? Well, I still have my natural penis, and it's the head (of the penis) that is the most errogenous part. And for sex the foreskin is pretty irrelevant.

This practice is very different from Female Genital Mutilation. Cutting some (or all) of the clitoris to possibly make women not enjoy sex enough to cheat on their husbands isn't the female equivelant of circumsistion. Guys who have had sex before and after circumcistion can tell you, the feeling from sex is the same.

I don't consider it cruel, maybe the baby will cry for a short time. I guess it's similar to parents who get their daughter's ears pierced at 1 (but that's rarer). But, though I don't see circumsizing babies as cruel, I don't know if it's right.

I don't see this having anything to do with religion, especially Christianity. That was a Jewish promise, that Christians don't need to follow, but as "Christian culture" that's offsprung from Judaism, we eat a lot of cheeseburgers. Religion may have kept it alive, but we had religion before doctors got involved in recommendations.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paralaxx
I don't consider it cruel, maybe the baby will cry for a short time. I guess it's similar to parents who get their daughter's ears pierced at 1 (but that's rarer). But, though I don't see circumsizing babies as cruel, I don't know if it's right.

If you witnessed it firsthand, and were in good moral standing, you just might change your mind on that. Similar to how one might change his or her mind when witnessing the atrocity of factory farming firsthand. The curtain of censorship is lifted. There is a reason the mother doesn't witness the procedure.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by timski
Removed inappropriate comment.
[edit on 24-1-2006 by sanctum]

apologies for the risque humour...

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
dood. i wanna know what its like to be uncut! wth? is sex better? ne one know? lol

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seperate body from mind
dood. i wanna know what its like to be uncut! wth? is sex better? ne one know? lol

The small sheath of foreskin tissue removed during circumcision is filled with extremely sensitive nerve endings and mucus membrane cells, therefore circumcision often diminishes sensitivity.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
My husband got circumcised about a year ago after a hernia surgery. I saw before and after and I don't think it really matters one way or the other, and it doesn't seem to bother him any. The doctor just asked him if he wanted it done since he was getting surgery anyway and he just went with it, but at least he got to make that decision on his own. The doctor told him it was cleaner and healthier. BTW this is kind of a random topic, but I figured I had something to share so why not. lol

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I got curious when I first found out about this and that lead me to find some information on this topic at one time.

Something I learned in a social studies class a long time ago helped make me question what we call tradition which I believe is what circumcision is in the US. It involved a story where the entire town would gather at the square and they would hold a lottery involving all of the kids if not the entire town. It was for the good of the town and meant good weather for crops etc. It was tradition and wasn't questioned. Anyway someone's kid would always win and then he/she would be led away and would be executed. This happened every year because it was tradition and for the good of the community. At least that was what everyone was taught.

As far as the information I've heard, I've heard that the foreskins are collected and sold by industry. I heard that it is a mult-billion dollar industry I heard and has some useful or should say profitable benefits helping burn victims and others because the foreskin keeps on growing and is special skin in that it keeps growing in the lab unlike other skin. Of course doctors make money on the procedure as well.

I watched a video of the procedure and it sounded like the most painful awful procedure a parent could let a doctor do their kid that I have ever seen. Of course people who get circumcised early won't miss it because they wouldn't miss their little finger either if it got cut off as well. I have read that sensitivity and enjoyment of sex is greatly reduced. Perhaps much less if the procedure is done later in life. I also read many opinions that unprotected sex is better with uncut partners. I've also read hints or suggestions that many violent tendencies in adult males may be linked to hidden memories of a traumatic early childhood experience. I've wondered if the reason so many men want to avoid doctors in the US is linked as well.

As far as benefits go, I've heard there may be a few less cases of cancer within the organ or of catching HIV. However a much better case could be made if you were to argue that all breasts should be removed to decrease the chance of getting breast cancer if you're going to argue removal is the best for prevention. Then there are a few cases where accidents happen which I don't really care to think about. Accidents do happen with any surgery. I believe other than religious tradition, or just parents being told to go with the crowd or that it looks better, it's done mainly for profit. my 2 cents

I forgot to add that I also read that infants do not have the ability to block out pain as well as adults do. So for an infant, circumcision is a traumatic experience IMO. Just imagine taking your most sensitive skin and cutting it up. Of course if someone beat you or cut you etc. when you were a kid, I believe that greatly enhances your desire to have the same done to your kids.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

As far as the information I've heard, I've heard that the foreskins are collected and sold by industry. I heard that it is a mult-billion dollar industry I heard and has some useful or should say profitable benefits helping burn victims and others because the foreskin keeps on growing and is special skin in that it keeps growing in the lab unlike other skin. Of course doctors make money on the procedure as well.

I read this thread because it was nice to read something a little lighthearted after all the horrors talked about here. Then I saw this statement. You "heard". Thats a horrible accusation to make without facts. Can you back it up with any links to articles or research. Sounds like a great Cook novel though. The great foreskin conspiracy!!!

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Actually I heard this on a documentary on tv. I was hoping someone else might do some research if they were interested enough in it. If you search for foreskins and burn victims you can find a lot of links within google. It might take more digging to find out how much money is being made in selling skin made from foreskins. I'm not sure of the billions figure, I might just remember hearing a multi-billion dollar industry is involved but I don't remember clearly the details.

I took a few minutes to find one of the better links I found.

www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org...

The industries are selling manufactured skin made from foreskins. There's a line within the attached link stating companies see a $1.5 billion dollar market in selling skin replacement products. That might mean there is corporate opposition to stopping circumcision within the US because it involves some big bucks.

edited for typo

[edit on 25-1-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
A few things...

it should be left till the male in question is old enough to make the dissian on his own

Dude, are you kidding?!? It would be more of a traumatic experience when a person was older.

Ok, well I'm not circumcised, and I curse my mother for not doing so, and the doctor who told her not to.

There are two medical reasons for circumcision, one more recent than the other.

1. The skin can stop growing before the organ does, thusly causing problems.
2. The cells in foreskin are more likely to become cancerous than other skin cells.

Sorry, don't have a link for the second, I read it on a science sight a few months ago.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Originally posted by marg6043
Hum . . . you know my son is nineteen and so far he has never complain about it.

Why would he complain about loosing something he cant even remember having?

After the op, it is the strangest feeling in the world, and quite uncomfortable. I had it done when I was 21 for medical reasons. The day after when I soaked the dressings off, my old fella looked like Herman Munsters stunt double, but it returned to its' glorious self after about 2 weeks. From a sexual enjoyment perspective, it made very little difference, and my sex life actually improved. Its even better when someone else is involved!

Seriously, the glans was a bit hypersensative for a few weeks and I found that the only respite was wearing loose shorts etc, but then sensitivity reduced so that there was no discomfort. This increased the amount of time that I could "perform" for, as it were, but did not reduce pleasure. As for hygene, I have always showered every day, (twice if I am training that day). No matter what anyone tells you, personal hygene is improved after circumcision, if only for the more practical reason of having less to clean.

At the end of the day, it is all a matter of choice. I would never have gone for it if I didn't have to, but I'm glad that I did.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaddyInf
No matter what anyone tells you, personal hygene is improved after circumcision, if only for the more practical reason of having less to clean.

That one always cracks me up, as if it's hard to clean. It's harder to clean behind your ears then your penis, regardless of whether you have foreskin. I have never had any problem cleaning my penis, even with all his natural magnificence. I suppose I can concede and say it's technically better for hygeine because there is less to clean. So what's next a finger?

**edit: I don't have anything against changing the human condition, I just dont see any worthy advantages to having the foreskin removed.

[edit on 043131p://26u40 by Lucid Lunacy]

[edit on 26-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

No matter what anyone tells you, personal hygene is improved after circumcision, if only for the more practical reason of having less to clean.

That one always cracks me up, as if it's hard to clean. It's harder to clean behind your ears then your penis, regardless of whether you have foreskin. I have never had any problem cleaning my penis, even with all his natural magnificence. I suppose I can concede and say it's technically better for hygeine because there is less to clean. So what's next a finger?

**edit: I don't have anything against changing the human condition, I just dont see any worthy advantages to having the foreskin removed.

[edit on 043131p://26u40 by Lucid Lunacy]

[edit on 26-1-2006 by sanctum]

I know that Mini-PaddyInf wasn't the most difficult chap in the world to keep servicable pre-op, but the penis produces smegma in warm, moist conditions that is formed beneath the foreskin. It is a naturally occurring substance, the function of which is debated. It has been linked with certain conditions, most noticibly CA of the penis. It has also been shown to be a perfect breeding ground for fungal infections, often resulting in certain quite painful forms of balinitus. The production of smegma is dramatically reduced when the foreskin is removed, reducing the likelyhood of infection.

The function of my previous post was not to give any direct for or against argument, simply to demonstrate my experience.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

but the penis produces smegma in warm, moist conditions that is formed beneath the foreskin. It is a naturally occurring substance, the function of which is debated.

My point was that the segma doesn't accumulate if you bathe on a regular basis. It's so easy to clean all you really need is running water and at least one half-way functioning hand. I think the segma concern is not applicable to most Americans; we shower. Perhaps those that don't have access to a shower would benefit from circumcision, but those are not the people who partake in this tradition.

I could care less if men circumcisize. I also don't care if people believe there is health benefits from it. I do have something against doing this procedure on a newborn because it takes away the freedom to choose. I do have something against inflicting excruciating pain on a newborn.

[edit on 073131p://28u43 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I read this thread because it was nice to read something a little lighthearted after all the horrors talked about here. Then I saw this statement. You "heard". Thats a horrible accusation to make without facts. Can you back it up with any links to articles or research. Sounds like a great Cook novel though. The great foreskin conspiracy!!!

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Blaine91555]

How is that an accusation?? He merely stated he "heard", how do you know he wasnt told by a friend, how do you link that??

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

I think the segma concern is not applicable to most Americans; we shower.

[edit on 073131p://28u43 by Lucid Lunacy]

Controversial

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Interesting topic. I am a believer that circumsicion is a cultural trend and generational. Currently in Australia if you wish to have your son circumsized, one of the parents must hold the child while it is being done. I think this practice actively discourages most parents from the procedure.

As a female I think it makes them look more attractive.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
one thing i don't understand about how its part of the jewish religon to circumsize.
its going against god, why would you want to mutilate or edit gods work?

doesn't make sense, anyone know the reason its part of religon?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join