It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIRCUMCISTION: The conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
Currently in Australia if you wish to have your son circumsized, one of the parents must hold the child while it is being done. I think this practice actively discourages most parents from the procedure.

Exactly. It's the censorship that has allowed this procedure to persist.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
America is all about hygiene and cleanliness (compared to most European countries where woman let the hair grow on their legs and most people don't use deoderant). I always saw circumcision as a "clean-thing". Alot of men don't spend time really washing themselves good when they take a shower. Most men barely scrub down there. I have a friend I grew up with that's gay and he told me that men who are uncircumcised generally have a "funk" smell about their penis; that lots of guys don't clean under their foreskin everyday. Circumcised men smell better down there because the penis can "breathe". Eventually "cheese" accumulates and in the worst cases infection. Also, uncircumcised men generally get more urinary tract infections late in life.

I'm glad they clipped me as a little baby. I don't remember it, therefore it must not have hurt.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobular
Alot of men don't spend time really washing themselves good when they take a shower. Most men barely scrub down there.

Care to elaborate? What research and or surveys is fueling this theory of yours? Or do you shower with alot of men?

I have no trouble cleaning. I wash myself good.

Is this narrow-minded blanket statement the only one the circumsized can muster up in their defense?

I have a friend I grew up with that's gay and he told me that men who are uncircumcised generally have a "funk" smell about their penis; that lots of guys don't clean under their foreskin everyday.

Ahh you have a gay friend. I guess that leaves no room for debate. I give up

Even if it was accurate to say most men do not clean properly why is the answer to chop the skin off versus properly educating men on how to clean themselves?

I have nothing against changing the human condition, I just see nothing convincing about this procedure and your stereotypical approach isn't helping.

I'm glad they clipped me as a little baby. I don't remember it, therefore it must not have hurt.

That or the memory works its mischief from the abyss of your subconscious.

Regardless, you didn't choose to have this procedure done.

[edit on 072828p://8u12 by Lucid Lunacy]

[edit on 10-2-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

America is all about hygiene and cleanliness (compared to most European countries where woman let the hair grow on their legs and most people don't use deoderant). I always saw circumcision as a "clean-thing". Alot of men don't spend time really washing themselves good when they take a shower. Most men barely scrub down there. I have a friend I grew up with that's gay and he told me that men who are uncircumcised generally have a "funk" smell about their penis; that lots of guys don't clean under their foreskin everyday. Circumcised men smell better down there because the penis can "breathe". Eventually "cheese" accumulates and in the worst cases infection. Also, uncircumcised men generally get more urinary tract infections late in life.

PARDON?

I'm english, I shave where hair grows, except my head.......all of my girl friends do, and of course we use deodorant! What kind of statement have you made here?

I don't know any men who are circumcised, but they look weird. It is not natural, there are no health benefits, unless you happen to be a dirty beggar who can't be ar$ed to wash!!

As for the procedure itself, I have seen it on a documentary being performed by a Rabbi, using his thumbnail - absolutely babaric!!!

I have a son, was NEVER offered the procedure at any time, I think we have it spot on here in England. The welfare of the newborn is paramount - not the whims of parents who seem to be ill informed.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Ok, well I'm not circumcised, and I curse my mother for not doing so, and the doctor who told her not to.

Wow, you must really have had some bad complications?
Made fun of?
Why do you wish that you had been circumcised? Specific reason?

I wasn't circumcised...
No issues here...
Other than being teased in the showers after football practice in elementary school.
NEVER been an issue with the ladies...

They may generally prefer the "look" of circumcised, but if that is an issue to her AT ALL in the first place (the "look"), then you are doing something wrong to begin with...

LOL... Believe me... If she is thinking about that, one better focus on technique!!!! Not aesthetics!!

As far as the religious issue goes... My parents were kind enough not to blanket me with their specific religious beliefs... I got a spiritual "overview" instead... I was blessed... Damn the thought of them giving me "Religious Surgery" in a vulnerable state, without my consent...
But I'm different in MY BELIEFS...
Not trying to impose them on anyone else!
2 each his own! (penis style!)

As far as hygiene goes...
If you have the where-with-all to keep your armpits, ass, or feet clean then you should be ok keeping your Unedited Penis clean! Most (?) girls manage to keep their "stuff" relatively clean, and theirs is a much more "succeptible" region, so-2-speak!

This is a funny thread!

There are two medical reasons for circumcision, one more recent than the other.

Never heard of either of these instances...
Most of my family (dad's side) is Uncut as far as I know and no complaints or ailments!

As long as you replace your RUBBER tires periodically
, and change the lubricants every 3000 miles
, that hot rod can last a life time!

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I always saw circumcision as a "clean-thing". Alot of men don't spend time really washing themselves good when they take a shower. Most men barely scrub down there. I have a friend I grew up with that's gay and he told me that men who are uncircumcised generally have a "funk" smell about their penis; that lots of guys don't clean under their foreskin everyday. Circumcised men smell better down there because the penis can "breathe". Eventually "cheese" accumulates and in the worst cases infection. Also, uncircumcised men generally get more urinary tract infections late in life.

Not to challenge your overall expertise of most guys penises, but what you say is disgusting.
Perhaps you should start doing your penis research on guys who arent terminally depressed, schizophrenic, homeless, addicts, and the generally filthy deadbeats of the world.
Cheese? Yuk!
Tell your friends to take more showers... Always use a washcloth or a Luffa... Remind them also to brush their teeth before they go night-night.

Forgive my crassness, but if a guy can remember to clean his sweaty balls everyday then he can remember to clean his unedited penis too.
Or at least I can.
Some people dont get the educational foundation that I got!

As far a "funk" smell,

If you got your nose down there in the first place,

What would you expect to smell?

Roses? Nectarines? CK Obsession?

[edit on 2/26/2006 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
OK. Can we please stay on topic.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Lol...
I knew I would be reprimanded...
Just had to share my unique brand of wit and humor on this one...
I just can't help myself...
If a thread came up about a fart conspiracy, I'd probably be banned for crackin more jokes than there are Serpo posts on this board...

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

"On Topic" from this point forward.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
[edit on 1-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
[edit on 1-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Thread locked.