It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIRCUMCISTION: The conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Occurs he is old enough now and he has seen it with skin he actually find it not very attractive I mean the skin.

Hey now, what your son does on his free time is none of our buisiness!

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
It's really more comparable to pierced ears or some other minor adjustment, of the sort we're quite accustomed to seeing

Most people choose to get these things, On there own freewill.

Circumcision doesn't reduce sexual pleasure in any meaningful way, at least not that I'm aware of

It desensitizes glans.

- Let's not forget aesthetics in our frenzy to abandon the practice on logical grounds. Do you want to be a cheapskate and gift your kid with a spam slug,

Unless the person showers once a week this isnt an issue..
(tsk so many misconceptions)

or do you want to be wise and charitable, facillitating the inheritance of a proper sceptre-shaped sceptre?

Natural = Proper, Cicumsized = unnatural

What about the pleasure factor for future partners? Is there any data on that? Is it a valid concern in making the decision?

Who knows.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Actually I guess my husband been circumcised had to do with my decision more than anything else.

But I know of a few men that had it done while adults and let me tell you it was not a pretty experience for them, it's more like a horror story.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

What about the pleasure factor for future partners? Is there any data on that? Is it a valid concern in making the decision?

Who knows.

I do.
No difference.

It's interesting that you brought up the glans thing C0le, I had heard that, but wasn't sure. There are actually many sensitive areas in the foreskin. I have been told that personally.

Lots of Information Here

Male circumcision entails the cutting off of the foreskin of the penis. It severely weakens the power of sexual excitement and the capacity for sexual enjoyment.
Circumcision radically desensitizes the penis. The rich nerve network and all the nerve receptors in the foreskin are severed.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I don't know about that skin stuff my husband has not problem when it comes to sensitivity.

I thing he got to much.

So I believe it all has to do with preferences and the power of the mind.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I don't know about that skin stuff my husband has not problem when it comes to sensitivity.

That occured to me, too! Maybe circumcision isn't such a bad thing.

Sorry!

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
you should know that the guys with the turtle necks are usually made fun of because of their turtle necks.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ive seen mention of desensitized glans on various medical sites a few years back, From what i remember is has to do with,
1.Scaring/Scar tissue, And
2. The tissue is no longer protected by the foreakin, so the skin becomes rougher and thicker, from chafing and such.

basicaly whats said in your link BH.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

2. The tissue is no longer protected by the foreakin, so the skin becomes rougher and thicker, from chafing and such.

I wonder if that has to do with bad medical procedures or only in extreme cases.

And Vegemite I heard about that too, when my husband was in the service as a young troop they used communal bathrooms and it was a lot of jokes about that subject.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
you should know that the guys with the turtle necks are usually made fun of because of their turtle necks.

When most people done have one, and have never seen one, obviousely they are going to poke fun at it, As they think it isnt normal/natural, when in fact its much more normal/natural then what they have. (or dont have)

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
They say you can't take it with you when you go.

Circumcision means you can't even keep it all while your here.

There is something wrong about your parents getting to decide whether your a helmut or an anteater. It shouldn't be allowed until the child is atleast 18. Let the person getting the operation decide.

Just my thoughts,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I wonder if that has to do with bad medical procedures or only in extreme cases.

Since the procedure is normally done at such a young age (a couple days) there is rarely tissue damage or scarring issues as infants and children heal much more efficiently than adults.

The decision to circumcise is mostly a cultural issue as the health risks of NOT having it done are now moot.

My wife and I decided to have my sons circumcised because we wanted them to be more like me. I didn't want to have to field the question: Daddy; Why does yours look like a missile and ours look like an arrow?

All of the women I've been with, at least where this topic came up, (pun intended) preferred the appearance of a circumcised penis. I have no regrets about my parents' or our decision on this matter

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elm
Why are over 80% of American baby boys circumcised?

Because we're a "Christian nation" and it was a sign of promise to follow the Christian deity.

No other country in the world (excluding relgious regions) has such a high rate of circumcistion.

Israel. Remember, Christianity is an offspring of Judaism.

I'm sorry... you really can't say "cultural issue only" and then ignore the impact that religion has on culture. It was done for religious reasons and part of the reason it continued was tradition based on religious reasons.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Let me clarify something here,

Laziness has nothing to do with the area of the genitals looking clean when the penis is circumcise.

To me is more attractive.

Attractive??? OMG! OK, so why stop there? Why not cut off his earlobes to make him more streamlined and a better sprinter? Why not have his nostrils widened to increase his ability to absorb oxygen? Why not remove his little toes so he can wear winkle-picker shoes? Why not cut his fingers off to stop him picking his nose?

[edit on 11-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Civility & Decorum

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Either or both of the above posts have been edited/deleted by an over zealous, over sensitive moderator.

The people with authority in this place are as bad as the ones we seek to expose.

How very sad, I now need to find a forum where freedom of speech is not at the discretion of a zealot.

I would advise those of you with other than mainstream views to reconsider your positions.

Goodbye.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Englishman_in_Spain]

Mod Note: Until I just edited the first post, no editing had taken place, though it would be warranted (as it was when I did it
). This is a privately owned discussion board; freedom of speech does not enter into the equation... Period. If you have a problem with this, use the Gripe/Idea button, but under no circumstances post in regards to the matter in this or any other public forum on ATS.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: ATS & Censorship – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: ATS Gripe/Idea – Please Use This Link.

[edit on 11/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Englishman_in_Spain

It seems you have some personal issues that needs to be taken care off.

Your Personal preferences are not the issue here.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman_in_Spain
Either or both of the above posts have been edited/deleted by an over zealous, over sensitive moderator.

If it was edited, it was edited for a legit reason.
At any rate, you could always file a complaint/gripe, near the top of any ATS screen labelled "Gripe/Idea".

The people with authority in this place are as bad as the ones we seek to expose.

Unfounded and simply indicates one who seeks authority himself or herself.

How very sad, I now need to find a forum where freedom of speech is not at the discretion of a zealot.

Heads-up, try this: The issue of "Freedom of Speech" on ATS

Furthermore, the right to freedom of speech comes with responsibility, as well as limitations.

I would advise those of you with other than mainstream views to reconsider your positions.

Noted.

Goodbye.

Bye, bye.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me in a post originally by Englishman_in_Spain
*SNIP*

I would avoid using that word in this thread...I had a funny pain, perhaps a buried memory from my infanthood, just thinking about it.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Why would he complain about loosing something he cant even remember having?

Bingo!!!!!! he lost it at age two days so he never had it to Begin with.

They say the first 2-3 years is the most crucial for child development.

The circumcision procedure is rather brutal (ive seen it). Not long after the baby is delivered they seperate the baby from the mother (they don't want the mother to see), pull and stretch the foreskin of the penis and cut it with scissors. They don't use anything to numb the pain. The baby is usually hysterical.

I guess is just personal preferences. If you have it all your life then is part of you. If you grew up without it you won't miss it.

Sure. But you made that preference for your son. You took away his choice. I'm not saying your son isn't happy with your decision, but I personally always support freedom.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Sure. But you made that preference for your son. You took away his choice. I'm not saying your son isn't happy with your decision, but I personally always support freedom.

There are alot of things we as parents do that "take away" children's choices. Nothing new here. Children do not enjoy personal freedoms until they reach the age of self-determination. They can't vote. They can't enter into a legally binding contract; therefore, they can't make major purchases such as a home, car, etc. To be sure, of all the difficult things children encounter as they're growing up, the parents' decision to have them circumsized rates down there on the level of skinned knees.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join