It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objective Individual Combat Weapon (OICW)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
ADVISOR,

I'm not offended, just disappointed.
Figured you knew you weapons.
HK isn't crap.

I do know 'my' weapons.

And the 'rifle module' of OICW still is of the M-16 series.

'Prone to jam' M-16 series..

Also for quick combat situations i think that this weapon is much too complicated..

and the cost wasnt it 50000$ per weapon?

Too much for little gain say i.

M-16A3 + M203 with good optics is better choise.

www.isayeret.com...

Meprolight GLS203 Grenade Launcher Reflex Sight. (for M-16 series rifles equipt with M203..)

(Basicly M4..)

And sorry about the pics.. they dont quite show as intended to as the background isnt white..

More on these from -> www.isayeret.com... there..

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   

On the other hand I just bought a 2 inch long remote controled car that I use to race around my desktop, now that is what real men have! (and unlike a gun its not a penis extention either )

Um.....Netchicken......

Cars and toys like that are just that: Phallic symbols, extensions of the psycholigical male penis. Cars that go fast, make noises, ect. Male penis extentions.

And cars kill more people every year than Guns do.

Remote control cars are simply tiny little versions of thier gas guzzling bretheren.

Cars are a male obsession because they are extentions of the penis. My car is faster than yours, bigger, makes more noise, olooks cooler. Cars are used to define manhood.

Some disputes can only be settled with the sword.

There is nothing barbaric about fighting and killing. These two concepts are part of the backbone civilization was built on. Civilization grew and expanded through warfare, conquest, and forced absoprtion of uncivilized people. Civilization is widescale murder and death. This is simply an unavoidable thing if civilizaqtion is to exist.

id agree with Fulcrum on this tho, it is a toy, not a real weapon. if I was still in the army, i sure as # wouldnt put any faith into this overpriced high tech video game.

Yes, real men use rifles, because with a rifle, you have to see the person you are killing and thus, know exactly what it is you are doing. reduce it to where computers turn your enemy into a video game then you have chiuldren playing unaware first hand of what it really means to kill.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Skandi,

Yeah.. killing is not fun, and killing is not good.

But sometimes it is a must.

And if 'ones' kill other people the least they can do is to have a look face to face with their victims.

As killing people with a 'toy' or 'video game' makes the killing seems as no big deal..

Just like it was something fun.. when it really isnt..

All life (human and pet animals..) have a price, price so high that no money can 'buy'.

Lets keep killing a ugly business as it is, lets not try to make it too fun or too easy.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The future of warfare:

Wait!!! Stop shooting at me I need to re-boot my rifle!!!!

or

Damn it!! My gun just got the I Love You virus!!!

I'll stick with my old fashioned mechanical guns any day.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Skadi the focus of my ire was the linking of guns with "real men" or manhood.

Its this false connectiion that is portrayed in the media (predominatly american) and leads to teenagers, without real role models, to assume the ownership and use of a gun bestows some sort of maturity and "manliness" on them. - cf: colombine...

When infact its bull#.

Take the current wave of rappers and their obsessions with weapons, and then the copy cat teenagers who act the same way. Its a "Lord of the flies" senario where REAL maturity and "manhood" is distorted by kids who have no conception of what it really means.

Sure cars are the same thing, but they are a heck of a lot safer to use. My point with the car was me trying to be ironic

Guns are tools, and the sooner that people are weaned from the social perception that a gun makes you a man the better our world will be.

(Mind you speaking of tools, a man and his cordless drill also raises eyebrows)

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So what of women who own firearms? Are they trying to be "men"? I think not.
Anyone who thinks that owning a gun makes you more of a man should not own one. You are correct that they are tools. As such, they must be treated with respect and handled with extreme care.

How this thread went in this direction is completely beyond me...

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well, back to the original point of this topic, which was to explain the vast disparity between private firearm ownership (or more to the point, the Cabal making sure that such no longer exists) while this high tech crap is provided to allow "pacification" of the prolitariat...

McCarthy & Schumer Duping Pro-gunners Into Supporting Gun Control
-- Bill to bar millions more from gun ownership

Remember the so-called "Our Lady of Peace Act" from last year? Well, Our Lady is back, but under a new name.

Two notoriously anti-gun legislators have teamed up again to deny millions of additional Americans their right to keep and bear arms. They are Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY).

What makes this bill so dangerous is the fact that many Congressmen who are perceived to be "pro-gun" are supporting the bill as well.

According to CNS News, a current NRA Board member, together with a former board member, appeared at a press conference last week to support the Schumer-McCarthy legislation. Specifically, Senator Larry Craig (R-ID) and Rep. John Dingell (D-MI) lent their visible support on Thursday in favor of the "NICS Improvement Act."

NICS, of course, refers to the National Instant Check System -- a key component of the Brady Act which forces honest citizens to prove their innocence to the FBI before they can purchase firearms from gun dealers. The Brady Act, named after anti-gun lobbyists Jim and Sarah Brady, requires gun purchasers' names to be given to the FBI, thus creating the potential that the feds could keep an illegal registry of firearms owners.

www.gunowners.org...

Fort Wayne, September 30, 2003) - Hoosier's who want to buy guns will have to undergo more background checks. Everyone wanting to buy a gun will be given the once-over by the FBI, and possibly the state as well. The background check will add up to 20 minutes for the phone calls to authorities. Currently, state and federal checks are NOT required if a customer shows a valid permit. WITHOUT a permit, one call to the ISP now takes care of both checks. But under new rules, dealers will have to call the FBI directly. And for those who don't have a permit, dealers will also have to call state police.

www.wane.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Remember Murphys law, if it can go wrong, it will go wrong, especially in combat.

So true, and should be understood as SOP for every situation in life.

Originally posted by dragonrider
The 200mm grenade launcher

WHOA! Simmer down now, Dragon.
It's only 20mm, it's not a tank barrel spittin those little things out.

You guys have me all wrong, or have some serious critique on firearms.

I'm trying to point out what weapon systems are being developed by the government.

Quite frankly, and forewardly put. I don't like high tech anything. This computer is as advanced as I get.
To me, anything can be a weapon of choice.
When useing ones mind, nothing is better.
I have fired a number of rifles, pistols, all rangeing from black powder .45 to custom loaded 12 gauge rounds.

I still havn't found the perfect rifle par say, but the selection isgood and well proven.

Carbines, smoothbore, left hand twist or right, six grooves or 4?

It doesn't matter to me, so long as the weapon works.
Hell, give me a map a radio and a mortar crew and I won't need a personal weapon!
And what better for air support than ones very own Dragonrider?!

Useing guns and killing is nothing. Keeping people alive is another.

[Edited on 1-10-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I see that no-one here has pointed out the purpose of the OICW?

Furthermore it is not the rifle that really matters in this weapon.

Does the explosive shell actually do what it is supposed to do?

If it does then then is a lot less need for sharp shooters or even accurate shooting.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
OICW is my fav weapon after the 7.62 rifle......................... in Ghost Reacon that is

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I am a female and own guns. I have no desire to be a man, as i am content with my brain being located in my skull, and not my groin

I see my guns as my mental claws, me, an urban tiger. Guns are my natural right, because as a creature of the urban jungle, I must defend myself from enemies. The are my teeth and claws, my natural defense from predators and enemies who wish to prey upon me. The do not maie me feel big, but more independant, more in control of my own life, because, my own safety is my responsibility alone.

I have not had to fore them on anyone, nor do I have a desire to. Killing someone cuz Im mad at them, or cuz i dont like thier stupid hair, would not make me feel pwoerful, it make me feel like jackass. My gun, however, serves as a warning to idiots who do like to hurt people for fun or profit: attempt to harm me, and you yourself might get harmed, you mind your biz, ill mind mine.

That said.........

Uni is right. Killing should stay ugly, so people dont engage in it for fun.

We are dehumanizing war, when war is a solely human thing., We are bringin in too many toys and techincal crap, which is weakening the soldiers themselves. Soldiers need to become less dependant on this high tech, and need to be able to refine thier own natural born instincts and sense. we remove the human aspect, you have people who will be dumbed down, no longer capable of operating without the benefit of machine.

Soldiers eyes and ears need to be trained for the battle field, it is dangerous to trust a computer to do it for you. This......computer game (sorry, its not a real weapon, its a #ing joke) its doing just that: increasing more depndance on a stupid piece of tehcnology that is too hightech and difficult to operate and fix without knowldge.

A soldiers mind is his computer, his weapon, his 5 sense are his intel gathering devices. These are the tools of the battle field we should focus on and hone, and npot waste billions on stupid Duke Nukem peices of crap that will break down when they least should.

And net chicken, I know what you meant.
Mind you, it is my duty to toy with and pick on such things. i would not be an evil elf if i didnt.

Keep in mind, cars kill more people a year in the US than guns, and maim ten times that. Just a thought.

Penis extentions in any form are deadly when in the hands of an idiot or psychopath!

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
As you can see from my avatar I hope that the OICW does not disapear.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
No way are they going to try and deny Amercans their guns/ self defense pieces. I am lucky, I'm in Texas, guns are our past

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I love guns too. To bad I live in California where they have sucked all the fun out of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I agree what NC said,
In my opinion;
real men don't need rifles, people who use rifles are scared people. No fear = No need of rifles. I know that some poeples here are for the "free rifle policy" but I still think it's an error. Civilian shouldn't have access to weapon (exept for hunting), it is the role of the state to protect you, like it is the role of the state to make the law. You train police mans/womans to keep the security for your childrens but you let the criminals get weapons like they want. If you really want to play with weapons go in the military, you'll learn how to not hurt yourself

Any way, I still think that professional hunting weapons are the only thing you need to protect yourself if you *really* need to. Wich probably you don't.

And for protecting myself from the NWO I think the best would be to have a kevlar jacket and a military sniper rifle, like this one ( my favorite btw )

EDM Arms Windrunner XM107
.50 BMG Take Down Rifle

The advantage of this rifle is that he's retractable, after one minute and no tools you got a tinny weapon to carry.

I live near a lot of lakes and forests, so it wouldn't take so much time to disappear.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Salem,

People who scared carry weapons.. (that is if they are civilians.. for soldiers and police officers, weapons are tools of trade.)

Couple years back i considered carrying all sort of weapons as i had problems with some of my 'friends'.. (these guys were and still are criminals..)

I talked about of this 'need' to cousin who owns all sorts of weapons..

He said to me: "People who are scared need to carry weapons.." and asked: "Are you scared?"

I thought about 5 secs and replied: "Hell no, if they come to make trouble ill kick their bottoms."

And that was it.. no weapons for me..

Only 'weapons' that i have are a good combat knife and steel pipe and baseball bat.. and of these i was given the bat and pipe..

And the knife is from army.. NCO course knife..

I need no weapons, as i am not scared about anything, or anybody.

And even if i were.. i only had to tell my good friends about that.. and my 'problems' would disapear..

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have to agree with Advisor, the big thing is a weapon that WORKS.... my entire point is that the US military for the past 40 years has had a penchant for only picking weapons that dont work too well... has something to do with the policy of only accepting the lowest bidder....I still maintain that the last battle rifle that the US fielded that was actually suited for the taks of combat was a modified version of the M1 Garand, known as the M-14...

Salem, you may well call me a scared person, and you may even be right... however it is easy to hang such labels on someone when you live a life believing that everyone around you is nice and polite and would never hurt a fly..... In otherwords, these are the words of someone who really isnt in touch with the reality that the world can and does on occassion get ugly and nasty, and the police may not be there to pull your ass out of #.

For those people, I can only advise that you practice dialing 911 as fast as you can... meanwhile, I will be practicing for reality and defending myself and my family come what may.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I just can't resist... YOU having troubles with "friends"?! NO!

I would imagine that the penalty in Finland for carrying a weapon is FAR WORSE than the whipping one might receive no?

You see, here in Texas, we ALL carry guns AND are crack shots with 'em too(!), BUT, we are ALLOWED to carry guns because we decided that we WANT to carry guns.

It makes the criminals, like your friends, VERY nervous and THAT is a GOOD thing!

Screw the criminals! Better yet, SHOOT the sons of bitches!!!

P...
m...

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Only 'weapons' that i have are a good combat knife and steel pipe and baseball bat.. and of these i was given the bat and pipe..

Baseball bats are my favorite penis extention, what about you ? ( kidding )

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I just can't resist... YOU having troubles with "friends"?! NO!

I would imagine that the penalty in Finland for carrying a weapon is FAR WORSE than the whipping one might receive no?

You see, here in Texas, we ALL carry guns AND are crack shots with 'em too(!), BUT, we are ALLOWED to carry guns because we decided that we WANT to carry guns.

It makes the criminals, like your friends, VERY nervous and THAT is a GOOD thing!

Screw the criminals! Better yet, SHOOT the sons of bitches!!!

P...
m...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join