It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objective Individual Combat Weapon (OICW)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
New instrument of the NWO!

Links-
ABC

PM

atk

Just for backgrounds sake.

See what they are building, while trying to take away our own rights of arms?!

Granted that it is for "Military" use only, I'm sure no one needs reminding of what happened in THE NORTH HOLLYWOOD SHOOTOUT.

CNN

UWS

So it becomes apparent, why the anti gun laws are being pushed. Soon the "Cabal", as Dragonrider calls it.
Will be the only ones running this show. And when they do, everything will be at their disposal.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I ASSURE you, while I don't have THAT trick stuff, YET, I WILL be spewing bullets the day they TRY to take my guns from me...

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 9-30-2003 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Very high tech scifi Star Wars looking POS.

If it aint broken dont go fixin it...

50 years old, but still light years ahead in effectiveness in the hands of a trained rifleman.... Something the US military is producing in precious few numbers nowadays...

Indeed, taking away the 2nd Amendment would make the US much simpler to "police" and to protect from terrorists... of course the terrorists will now be much easier to find... just look for the poor souls who still want to own firearms and believe in personal rights and freedoms....

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
ADVISOR,

Not to offend you.. but i must say that OICW is a piece of crap.

It is M-16 with a poor 20mm automatic grenade launcher and computer sight..

How field proof it is going to be?

As even the most basic variants of M-16 cant stand the realities of this world, and the battle field.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is just a expensive toy.
And when people kill people with weapons like these..
the killing will be 'OK' as killing will look like a video game..

Real men use rifles, not computers.

A man and a RIFLE.

toys are for boys.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Real men use rifles, not computers.

I have to agree wit hthis... As I said, true Riflemen are a precious comodity on the battely field, and the US army really hasnt produced any in any significant numbers in quite some time....

And if you are a True Rifleman, you need a True RIFLE... not a pissy overgrown .22 squirrel gun that jams at the drop of a hat...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Believe me guys, stuff like that doesn't appeal to me.

I will stick to my rifles, with 203 mounted underneath.
Putting the 40mm, with any sniper rifle makes for a lethal barrage even the "legion" couldn't defeat.

I was protesting the OICW by posting it here.
Just imagine this weapon in the wrong hands.
Even the possibility shouldn't be imaginable.

Tv isn't so far off.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
With that thought in mind... here is the latest attempt to take our firearms way from lawful gun owners....

A bill to improve the national database aimed at preventing felons and the mentally ill from purchasing guns was announced jointly yesterday by two senators, a Democrat and a Republican.
Sen. Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, is a leading gun-control advocate, and Sen. Larry E. Craig, Idaho Republican, is a National Rifle Association member.
Mr. Schumer predicted it would be the "first gun legislation to go through Congress in years," saying the backers on stage with him covered the entire spectrum of gun-control positions.
The bill would provide $400 million in incentives and grants to help states provide better information to the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), which allows gun merchants to check quickly if a customer is a felon, mentally impaired or otherwise prohibited from buying a gun.

www.washtimes.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Real men use rifles instead of computers

Real men don't need either, having the cognitive and verbal skills to resolve a conflict without having to use a penis extention, or indulge in an adolescent testosterone fantasy.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Real men use rifles instead of computers

Real men don't need either, having the cognitive and verbal skills to resolve a conflict without having to use a penis extention, or indulge in an adolescent testosterone fantasy.

You've obviously never been in situation where whether you lived or died depended on a split second decision, and the police werent anywhere near a 911 call to come rescue you...

Trust me, there are evil people in the world, and there are situations where you cannot talk your way out of serious bodily injury or death... In such circumstances, you take care of yourself, or someone else zips up your body bag for you...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
No I guess I havn't but then I live in a civilized country where people are not generally out to kill each other. Except after a rugby match of course.

I thought you might have been talking about a war situation in which case you were probably confusing soldier with "real men" a common adolescent misconception.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Actually I was referring to the time when I was 16 and dangled at the end of a clothes line over a tree branch... I was put there by a number of young KKK skinheads, who didnt like the idea that White blood was mixed with Cherokee blood in my veins...

I was also referring to the time when I was in college and a number of gangbangers broke down my door with the intent of killing me and gang raping my fiance...

The frist time convinced me that no one would ever be there to protect me from the evil people in the world.

The seoncd time only confirmed this and impressed upon me the need to always be prepared for any ocassion when I would have to defend myself and my family without trusting anyone to do it for me.

Fortunately, I was at least somewhat prepared (I responded accordingly with a Colt 1911 .45), and myself and the lady who became my wife survived...

That is all I need to know...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Then my friend you live in a different world than I do. But the type of gun you use, or if you use one or not has nothing to do with your manhood.

The gun is merely a device you use to protect yourself or kill others, just a tool thats all.

On the other hand I just bought a 2 inch long remote controled car that I use to race around my desktop, now that is what real men have! (and unlike a gun its not a penis extention either
)

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Here is more on the OICW;

First Prototype

Post Number: 195566
Originally posted by FULCRUM
ADVISOR,
Not to offend you.. but i must say that OICW is a piece of crap.
It is M-16

I'm not offended, just disappointed.
Figured you knew you weapons.
HK isn't crap.

HK
Have some nice weapons, as it is.
Only wondering one thing, when does UN or Nato,
get their hands on these?

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
weapons are designed for different circumstances so all weapons have there advantages and disadvantages but the more bullets per second the better muhahahahaha

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I did not mean to say that HK weapons in general are bad weapons. The HK91 is an excellent weapon, although the HK33 adn G36 suffer from one fallibility... the 5.56mm caliber.

I have posted numerous times on the ballistic inequities between the 5.56mm and the 7.62mm. Suffice to say that the 7.62mm has well over 2.5X the energy developed, far better range and penetration.

What heartburn I do have about the OICW is that it is designed as a damn computer gun. Remember Murphys law, if it can go wrong, it will go wrong, especially in combat. And in middle of a firefight is the last place that you want any part of your weapon failing you.

The 200mm grenade launcher, all the fancy electronics aside, is a complete waste of time, as it is physically too small to carry a sufficient explosive payload to make much difference. If you need a grenade launcher in combat, use the tried and true 40mm M-79 or M-203. The 40mm grenade shell is the equivalent of a full sized handgrenade. And it doesnt have the fancy electronics to fail on it.

The 5.56mm is already a ballistic dog, but what really worries me about the HK OICW is the 10 inch barrel. The NATO 5.56mm ammo is already underpowered and low velocity compared to the original loading, and firing it through a stubby 10 inch barrel further reduces its effectiveness. Firing a 62 gr bullet, from a 10 inch barrel, it has a muzzle velocity of around 2500-2600 feet per second, producing around 700-800 foot pounds of energy. Compare this to 2800 feet per second for a 147 gr .308 bullet producing 2600-2800 foot pounds of energy for the 7.62mm.

By contrast, a .44 magnum from a 6 inch revolver firing a 240 gr bullet at 1400 feet per second produces over 1000 foot pounds of energy.

So you want to risk your life with a rifle that produces less energy than a pistol?

As far as rate of fire, full auto is highly overrated in combat. Opening up Rock and Roll in full auto wastes ammo, risks mechanical failure of the weapon, advertises your location to the enemy, puts friendly forces at risk due to irresponsible fire control, and installs a false sense of security.

Besides that, I am STILL waiting for someone to explain to me the wisdom of firing large numbers of rounds that hit nothing but air as opposed to aiming at, firing, and hitting your target using proper fire control discipline.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
"Besides that, I am STILL waiting for someone to explain to me the wisdom of firing large numbers of rounds that hit nothing but air as opposed to aiming at, firing, and hitting your target using proper fire control discipline."

Wouldn't the problem be time? The time it takes to aim and fire is the same time it takes for the enemy to do the same. If your spewing bullets then the enemy only can get the hell out of the way unless you're a real bad shot. Are you talking about spewing or short bursts? I think a series of controlled short bursts, which are supposed to be best, but I'm just an unwashed New England hippy

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Besides that, I am STILL waiting for someone to explain to me the wisdom of firing large numbers of rounds that hit nothing but air as opposed to aiming at, firing, and hitting your target using proper fire control discipline.

DR,

YOu know as well as anyone else here that this will never be done. No one can explain that wisdowm (or lack thereof) because there is no such thing. I could blast away with a fully auto weapon, but what good will it do if I can't hit shyte???? I'll stick with my semiauto or no auto rifle or shotgun anytime. If NY laws weren't so strict, I''d already have my 45 and 44, but, the laws and price for permits is NUCKING FUTS.

I do however own the following:
Savage Model 99 .300 Lever action (accurate at 600 yards, deadly at half a mile)
Savage 720 12gauge semi auto
Ithica 12gauge pump
Ruger .22 semiauto with 3 200 round mags (won't kill too easy, but have kept many off the property with it)

as well as

.22/250 rifle with 70 power sniper scope. Blow a tick off a persons hose at about a hlaf mile away.

double barrel 10 gauge
.270 bolt action rifle
another 12 gauge semiauto

I am also looking at a remington 1100 semi auto 12 gauge right now, as well as a really nice lever action 30.06 with a 10 power scope. Then after I get my carry permit for NY, I have a .44 mag lined up from my father, looking at two different 45's (Glock semi with laser and Colt 1911)

Yup, I might be a redneck, but with well over 7500 rounds in my home at this point, I will for a long time be a LIVING redneck.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just for the record I want to say that I do not support increased gun control.

The OICW, is by description a very lethal system, which has not been indicated here by posters. If the specs hold up then it will greatly change what a lone soldier can do with a gun. It also may be one on many farces foisted upon the military by the arms industry. Does anyone know for sure how good it is or isn't?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I know what I want for Christmas....

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yes, that looks very "cool" ADVISOR, but I don't see the need for it..
Why don't we make a soldier's go through a few more weeks training in gunnery school?

There is one simple rule everyone must take into account,
Whether you have a super-charged-photon acceleration electromagnetic pulse rifle, or an AK-47, you are still going to kill someone.
I'm with dr on this issue, I think we almost need to take some of our guns back a few decades...

FULCRUM, I understand your love of huge, 2 meter long rifles, but, as ktpr said, you won't always have plenty of time to aim when you are being shot at.
It's a lot easier to teach a soldier to point and pull the trigger then it is to aim, shoot, and kill...
- Tass

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join