It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird sensation while half asleep/awake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
That is pretty scary.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
its funny this is brought up. i made a thread yesterday asking osmeone to take me out of body, and while i was laying down, i felt a complete tingle and pressure on the middle of my forehead, then i started to doze, was dreaming but still hearing the tv in the background, then, it was like i realized what was happening and BAM i woke up and let out the biggest gasp combined with a snore. i sounded like chewbacca.
seriously. So i dont know if that was the start of astral projection, but thats what i asked for and it was something i've never experienced even through meditation.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have this all the time and always have so it doesn't bother me too much. What does bother me is the "almost asleep and a LOUD bang, slam, crash"
sound occurs scaring the crap out of me. There will be nothing there to create this faux noise. I always figured it was a brain fart. A electrical blip in the brain. Whatever it is it drives me insane!

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Bachrk]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis? I used to feel this very fuzzy immobiling sensation just before go into deep sleep after a prolonged resting of my eyes. Could it be that I hit the right moment to be aware when my mind is setting into a dream state?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Acekwak

ok heres something to talk about...many years ago i had this weird sensation of being awake in my bed but couldnt move...i tried to wrestle out of it but it seems impossible to even lift a finger! then there is a scene coming out of your mind that some one is chasing you or you are trying to outrun somebody but just couldnt.and this sensation was annoying and dreadful cause it wasnt a one time event...
there were times when i dont want to go to sleep coz of these sensations...so i tried i different look at it...instead of dreading for it
i sort of anticipated for it to come!and something unusual really ticked off...first the numbness or being unable to move then a sudden spiralling pull out of your body and to my surprise i t was an out of body experience...the thing is i kind of floated or brought to familiar place, a place i knew but doesnt look the way it is but it was with a voice over my head that this is how it looks hundreds of years before...and this was years before i even heard theword climate change.to the present i still eagerly awaits this kind of weird sensation it brings me a lot of new perspective and awareness to people and things around me...this is only one and the 1st of the many sensations
i felt andi dont want to bore ...nice reading...feel like kinda sleepy now...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What happened to Acekwak is exactly what happened to me. I'm lucky it has only happened to me once. It was the oddest thing that has ever happened to me. Up until about five years ago I had no explanation for it. Mine happened in the middle 70's. Was doing some research on it and and sleep paralysis it what it is. For some reason that was the only time I have ever had it.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Also what happened to Bachrk has happened to me numerous times. For me it's always a very loud "clap" noise. But trust me if you ever have had an episode of "sleep paralysis" you would not mistaken it for something else. It's that bizarre.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is very interesting...
Ironically, a few days ago I woke up from about a 2 hour nap, Sat. afternoon, with an incredible sensation. Nothing I have ever felt before - it was a feeling of ecstasy. Well, actually I felt it the last time this happened. It was for about 10 seconds, I'd guess, although I was definitely not fully conscious. But right after it for some weird reason my brain/head said: "Hey that was AMAZING - let's do it again!" And I was able to create this sensation on call! (still, I wasn't really awake) And I had that unbelievable sensation for a much longer time until I was nervous that I was getting lost in it (which is weird again being that I was still half asleep, literally.) so I managed to jump myself out of this sensation and wake up. I can tell you more details but I'm pretty sure that's all. Do you know what this sensation is and why/how my brain activated it? Is this what you felt also?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Can you tell me more about living a different life ever since?

I have experienced this astral projection as it is being described here, but i am too scared to go with the feeling as i dont know what is going to happen to me if i follow the feeling/ the sensation/ the elevating feeling.

Can you tell me what happens beyond this?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've had weird experiences of sleep paralysis where I would wake upon "hearing" a loud noise like something big crashing to the floor or a loud bang but there was no noise, it was all in my head. It is very weird. Sometimes, I'll think I hear the door bell or there have been a couple of occasions where it feels as though I'm in the middle of a really crowded room with lots of people talking loudly or there is really loud music playing, like Metallica or something heavy. Normally, during these types of episodes, I try and wake myself but no matter how hard I try, I cannot wake up or I think I have woke up but continue dreaming.

It creeps me out. This normally occurs with me in the mornings if I have already had coffee and then drift back off to sleep on the couch or something, which tells me it's my brain telling me it doesn't want to go back to sleep because it's hyped out on caffeine.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Acekwak

What that is, is sleep paralysis. happened to me when i was about thirteen years old and continued on untill i was seventeen when i had a very frightening experience. still happens but not as bad as it use to. I can fight my way out of it these days ( 28 years old now ) However the first time it happened to me was very very very similar to what you are describing. I literally thought that I had died in my sleep. And that my soul was about to be cast off into heaven or where ever, but i also remember thinking as I felt as if i was in mid air high above my bed rotating, " no, this can't be it." i also remember having thoughts like "is this what it's like?" "oh no. no. not yet." it's a common sleep disorder. later i found out that my dad has it and so do his brothers, never knew that before because i barely even knew my dad and his side of the family when that stuff started happening to me. it was a hypnopompic hallucination that occurrs on the onset of awakening. that is if i'm right with this terminology, a hypnocogic hallucination happens upon falling asleep. you're in between subconciousness and conciousness. some people think they're being abducted by aliens or tormented by demons. maybe they are. some of the things i saw have me dumbfounded and left swatting at question marks. because what i saw goes beyond my immagination, and then yet again, the brain is a complex machine.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: spaceball

Agreed, after reading into it, it was definitely sleep paralysis. Ten years have passed since I posted this thread and i am now 25. I have never again experienced this again. The first time has so far been my last.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: chinabean

This may help, a bit dated but good info contained within

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace!
edit on 2/3/2017 by Frank_Rizzo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join