It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

66.6 Billion people on earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I dont know about the predictions and stuff but what I do know is according to Scientific American( I read this!) the world presently can sustain around 9 billion people with the amount of food and resources available today. Any more than 9.5 billion would lead to severe rationing( Soviet style bread handouts!! ) .

To be honest I dont believe in these predictions for the simple reason that humanity has survived this long and that too pretty comfortably. I believe that unless something very drastic changes in the world we live in today the extinction of the human species seems improbable.

TPL

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If the population of earth ever gets to 66.6 billion we might as well live in hell, no way can the earth sustain a population that high unless we all except to eat very little a day.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Man, I forgot i posted this and with an error too. Yes I meant 6 billion, not 66

Latested update. Wonder why the date changed so much. Guess, there is no way to trust the www.census.gov... as quick as the future numbers change in such a large way.
Latest perdection near this number is 5/01/08 6,666,656,022

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Lmao @ 66.6 billion people, sorry couldn't resist.

That is way too much. But Earth's still a big planet....I would love to see a group of research scientists and mathematicans to discover how exactly much people that the planet we live in can support, such a maximum.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Heh, I wish I could edit the first response

[edit on 9/22/07 by Cyprex]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
thats not really true cause new lifes are born everyday

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_
Do you mean 6.6? It's mathematically impossible for the population to escalate that much within that given time.

Given people were screwing at the rate they've been going the last 100,000 years, at 6 billion per 100,000 years it would take 11.1 more times that to reach 66.6 billion, or ~1,110,000 years.

That's wrong math! Until the year 1900, we were not even 1 billion people on this planet, mearly 970 millons or something! (remember reading some statistic somewhere...can't remember where)

So we've become more than 5 billion more in little over a hundred years

But it was after WW2 the population growth all over the world really exploded...and is still exploding!

At this rate, we would be 66 billion in "no time"! 100-200 years or so, but the planets resources is depleted looooong before that

[edit on 16/10/07 by Jericho-X]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Is it possible to even fit 66 billion people on this planet? We're at 6 billion and we're being told the world is over populated.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I had to dig this thread up out of the archives.

At the predicted date of July for the world population reaching. 6.66 billion and prophesies of 'disaster'..

en.wikipedia.org...

Displacing 1,000,000 Lebanese and around 500,000 Israelis,and the start of a fresh wave of Middle East hostilities still unresolved..

Scary stuff?..

I'm surprised no-one posted on this,so I thought I'd point out that it didn't pass unnoticed.

Was the population reaching the 'magic figure' the next step in the demise of the human race?,well we'll still have to wait and see.

One thing for certain,with Muslims FAR 'out-breeding' everyone else,don't think the PTB haven't considered a fabricated escalation in hostilities to reduce numbers rapidly..but there a few threads discussing that side of the conspiracy of the 'war on terror' and why we need a Middle Eastern war.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sure you didn't mean 6.66 billion? There was nowhere near, or could possibly be that many people in 2006

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join