It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

66.6 Billion people on earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I remember seeing a few things about some that predict the end of the world or something bad happening when the world’s population reaches 66.6 Billion people. Looking at a few population calculators, the population reaches 66.6 billion people on Oct 29th 2006. Any one have further info about this interesting tidbit?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well it's only 6 billion or so now, so I tihnk it'll be a lot longer..

www.ibiblio.org...

www.census.gov...

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a world with sixty billion more people....

just think what it'd be like!

(drifts off in a day dream)

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
66 billion people? and how many people live in china now?

it'd be like one big game of sim city, with most of the earth's natural forests and oceans as property ala "waterworld" and arcologies as far as the eyes can see.

i think we would have expanded out as much as we could, and start moving up, ala "fifth element" or "back to the future 2"

how do you feel about flying cars? it's hard enough dealing with idiots on the ground...but 66 billion of them? freaky

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Cyprex

there’s a mention to it in one of my posts here:
ATS Thread

I’m not too swayed either way on the truth or not of any separate entity being an 'antichrist'. Just a label or name for a really really bad person! Hitler is seen by some to be one and also Nero, Napoleon etc etc....

However if one looks at the texts in revelations and tries to find literal meaning in the existence of a 'mark' on such a bad person... well to me this seems the most likely.

It is important though to understand in its entirety where the source of the passage comes from, and the changes made to its original true message. This has been achieved both by accidental changes in the 'nuance' or interpretation of the text through translation. It though has also been changed and 'spun' by the church at the time of writing.

It worries me that soo many people believe blindly in something they don’t understand or have researched themselves very much. Whole cults are appearing around this 'revelations' 'rapture' scenario, and many innocent people are being manipulated, their lives more anxious and paranoid and ultimately wasted in worries of the future. :C Just one fact revelations was more than likely to have been experienced by a wandering mystic, under the influence of some type of Psychedelic Influence, then orally passed down for a few generations. It almost certainly wasn’t written down within 24 hours of the 'vision'

This version was then re - written and re translated many times before being accepted as the text we all know in Revelations.

I am by saying the above in know way saying that a wandering mystic under such an influence may not have a 'glimpse' of the future.... The American Indians have some provable and certified accurate prophecy recently come to pass with similar methods!

I just wish people who feel soo strongly on it and the literal representation of the text, just thought about, really thought deeply about the actual authors of the bible, then look at the people who lead them in faith using the writings of people who in today’s society they would denounce or mock?

That being that, and it really is an entire thread of its own just to start on the surface, if one takes the premise that in reality a way of identifying the last Antichrist would be through this means, well its not where wisdom comes in if you ask me! just common sense. The first place to look if you ask me though I don’t take it seriously... is in the population number...

well then with the current discrepancy over the real marks value (due to factors raised above) it could be 616 or 666 or maybe somewhere in between.

Agent Smith good link was going to add it myself

However if the mark is actually 616 maybe he/she (well it I suppose
) may already be born:

U.S. 297,827,349 - World 6,488,781,628 - 23:54 GMT (EST+5) Jan 01, 2006

US GOVERNMENT CENSUS POPULATION CLOCK

so it wont be long now even if its 666, that is assuming this titbit of popular cultural lore has any truth to it.

MischeviouslyWaryOfChildrenCalledDamianWithATatooOnTheirHead666

Regards

Elf

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
it is sickening to think who really runs our beautiful mother earth.... I pray for all of us and those who have turned to the dark side that we may stand together and fight and put our energy where it is needed against the dark forces that will soon be showing their shape-shifter disgusting reptialian faces. I have seen you in my dreams, you have entered my mind and I am telling you I am getting ready for the fight of my life. To all of you that are with me all my love and respect. I hope for everyone that you wake up and become the beautiful people that we all are, how our creator intended us to be. A magical and spiriual race... not hateful and scared. Rise above my love and come into the light.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
YIKES!
66.6 BILLION humans on earth - conjours up that Star Trek episode where the planet is so overcrowded that all the people are jammed in living shoulder to shoulder - THE MARK OF GIDEON episode. Realistically, the human race would starve to death and/or die from our own waste before that happened.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Just to make a correction to some misinterpretation of the actual figure of the World Population (as far as rough estimates allow):

it is 6.5 billionish not 66 billion or over,

So the 6.66 billionth born is what some are referring to, though there are different interpretations of billion between America and places such as Europe in Monetary terms/counting however in Population/stats works out as(1 billion = 1000 Million (not 100 million as some monetary parameters(its worse than Kg and Lbs!) Therefore:

There are currently approximately 6,488,931,020 people alive

6 Billion 488 Million 931 Hundred Thousand & 20 People alive.

Regards

Elf

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Do you mean 6.6? It's mathematically impossible for the population to escalate that much within that given time.

Given people were screwing at the rate they've been going the last 100,000 years, at 6 billion per 100,000 years it would take 11.1 more times that to reach 66.6 billion, or ~1,110,000 years.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thomas Chase 4 predicts that when the world's population reaches 6.66 billion, the war of Armageddon may occur.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
10-29-2006 the date adds to eleven or can add up to 9/11

What are all these 9s and elevens about heck if I know a satanic riddle which gets borning after a while...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well, 666 is just a number. This was bound to happen eventually, and of course, create controversy.

A few numbers line up and all of a sudden its the end of the world.

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
uh, and how many of you can verify the actual amount of people living on earth. Especially the exact numbers i read above. Isn't knowing how many people are currently living on earth..well...impossible? Think about it for a bit.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
this is completly bogus. We did a equation in math class that showed what would happen if the worlds population kept growing at the same pace as it is today. It turns out that in like i forget mabye 50 years there will be only 11.2billion people on earth.

and i dont no about you but i have a good feeling that the worlds governments are going to start to enforce a policy that only 1 child per farmily in the near future

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
also the world can only support about 9.5 billion people...

i hope what im saying is right, i will ask for the equation tomaroww

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex
I remember seeing a few things about some that predict the end of the world or something bad happening when the world’s population reaches 66.6 Billion people. Looking at a few population calculators, the population reaches 66.6 billion people on Oct 29th 2006. Any one have further info about this interesting tidbit?

people think a little bit the earth alone cant support me than like 30 billion and were not even at 9 billion yet get your numbers right please

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I personally think that there is no relation between events and things such as dates or numbers...

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
well not much happend wen there were 666 million people

wat makes u think something will happen wen theres 66.6 bil

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The world only has 6 billion people. It's impossible
for it to reach 66.6 billion. I can't believe how many
people are falling for this.

BTW - the number 666 refers to Ceaser ... it's a
'prophecy' that has already passed. In reference
to '666' - John was writing about events in his
own time in Revelation

666 is a nothing. 66.6 billion is a nothing.

[edit on 1/14/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think it's obvious that Cyprex either misinterpreted 6.66 bil as 66.6 bil, or doesn't fully understand that the Earth's population is only approx 6.4 bil now.

I think that the end of the world will occur at 6:66 am on the sixth day of the 66th Month of the year 666. Just watch, it'll happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join