It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, it's another skeptic...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Happy new year, everyone. I've been lurking here for a few days and have decided to join. I've been casually interested in things ATS for most of my life (close to 30 years), having been introduced to the concept via TV, books, and radio, both fiction and (supposed) non-fiction. I hold a set of beliefs about the subject:

1. Intelligent ET life is likely to exist elsewhere in our universe.
  2. Some UFO reports are truthful.
  3. Some conspiracy theories are likely based on truth.
  4. A shadow government is likely, at least in terms of agencies/programs that are highly classified and free from normal oversight.
  5. Other paranormal activity (psychics, ghosts, remote viewers, etc.) may or may not be real.
  6. I have had a number of personal experiences that could be explained by the existence of psychic phenomena -- or by a combination of coincidence and subconscious reasoning.

The problem I see all too often when TV, books, and radio deal with this subject is the problem of unscientific "research" being promoted as valid science. Practicioners of pseudo-science have become quite adept at emulating the walk and talk of real, hard science. Such fakery is actually harmful to the subculture, as it popularizes false or unverifiable claims and further discredits the subculture in the eyes of society and of mainstream science.

I don't feel that I will be a super-regular poster here, due to lack of free time. But when I do post, I suspect it will be to comment on the scientific aspects of a discussion, in an attempt to spread awareness of the scientific method as the foundation of modern scientific investigation. Having some formal education in the history of science, I feel qualified to do so. Furthermore, it can be done in a constructive way.

I look forward to contributing to the ATS community.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hi SecretAsianMan,

Welcome to ATS,ATSNN,BTS,P@ATS and Ignorance Denied.

Please take a moment to read the Terms And Conditions Of Use.

Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links is the ATS "Users Manual".

Enjoy your time here, and happy posting.
sanctum.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Awesome handle!

Have an avatar.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Glad you could make it, come on in and sit a spell…

Welcome to ATS,ATSNN,BTS,PTS, and Ignorance Denied.

A great way to get off to an even better start at ATS:

Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links

Other helpful links for new (and old
) members:

Welcome aboard, a greeting from Springer in the ATS 101 Freshman’s Forum

Asala’s New Member Advice Thread

Answers to Questions not in the FAQ

Searching and Complaining

ATS Search for “Dummies”

Member's and ATS, L.L.C. Shared Rights

Forgot to vote? Voted and still not happy? Voted and are happy, yet unhappy that others are not sharing your joy:

PTS Is Wide Open For Business

Do you really want to be heard? Make a Podcast, and let ATS know what you think!

If you have any questions, or need any help, U2U myself or any Staff Member, or use the Gripe/Idea Button.

Greetings Monkeys, not just for saying "Hi" anymore...

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The irreproachable Mr. Beezer, at your service ©

Greetings one and all.

I am The irreproachable Mr. Beezer© and I am very glad to be here with you.

Welcome to ATS.

I hope you enjoy the stay as much as I have!

Mr. Beezer

top topics

join