It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It seems logical to me that Area 51 is meant to attract the curious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
They close of a big part of land, make it hard to infiltrate, then fly test planes that could be thought to be alien craft around so people standing near the mailbox get a show that they can remember.

It just seems too easy for people to see such things from that site that would bring the curious. While some of our elected leaders seem clueless, the truly black ops such as this never are and would not make it so obvious. I think we may be looking right where they want us to look so that we never see the man behind the curtain.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more. It makes sense. When I hide something from my girlfriend or roommate I put it in plain sight. Who's to say they aren't following a similar principle. Its like a magician. Give them something to put their attention on and the second you've got them on the shiny object in plain view make something disappear.

*edit* maybe it's just us Coloradans who think this No1

[edit on 12/24/05 by eMCe]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Dont you think area 51 is a distraction from dulce? i was in school and all of a sudden a load of ideas and stuff about area 51, dulce, UFOs, and chapter 322 just popped into my head :S

Hardly anyone EVER talks about dulce, its all area 51, maybe these pictures you find on the net the government might have put them there themselves, tryi to give out little pieces of info about the facilitys to keep the idea running. Stop people talkin about dulce

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FunkyBassist0010
Dont you think area 51 is a distraction from dulce? i was in school and all of a sudden a load of ideas and stuff about area 51, dulce, UFOs, and chapter 322 just popped into my head :S

Hardly anyone EVER talks about dulce, its all area 51, maybe these pictures you find on the net the government might have put them there themselves, tryi to give out little pieces of info about the facilitys to keep the idea running. Stop people talkin about dulce

I tend to believe that Dulce is more of that same distraction. It is more likely that they would use an island with no access except that which they control or even the Antarctica. It just doesn't seem likely to me that they would put it within range of the curiosity seeker, then have so much 'evidence' such as UFOs flying etc to keep bringing them to that area. I think it may have once been what people think it is, but all of that has been moved and replaced by distraction.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I do agree Area 51 could just be a distraction at this point in time, but it might have actually held things like UFO's in the past. Dulce I'm not sure, it could be a place where UFO's and the like are kept.

The island idea is interesting, that would make sense, have a place no one else could get to except for you, and away from the mainland.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Why would no-one be able to get to an island? Private boats are popular these days

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
IMO, Area 51 used to be "the place" for super secret craft, terrestrial or otherwise.

When people started to take notice and began asking questions all the goodies were moved elsewhere and Area 51 became an excellent distraction. When everything was moved, who knows. I'm sure there's probably still some neat stuff there, though.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Why would no-one be able to get to an island? Private boats are popular these days

Satellite surveillance is excellent, nobody would be allowed access to this island except those who have been cleared. I am not saying the island exists, only that it is more logical of a place for such a base. There wouldn't be the issue of weather as there would be with Antarctica depending on where the island is and people would still be distracted by Area 51 and Dulce.

I believe that there was something there, but it was moved when attention gathered there. By acting as if there were still something to hide and occassionally putting on a show for the people at the mailbox they keep attention there and away from any real black operations.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
the island theory is a great one. And its the freaking government how hard would it be for them to find an island and use as a black ops/R&D base? @ first it kind of seems a little 007ish but really it is just as likely as Area 51, Dulce and what have you.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by eMCe
the island theory is a great one. And its the freaking government how hard would it be for them to find an island and use as a black ops/R&D base? @ first it kind of seems a little 007ish but really it is just as likely as Area 51, Dulce and what have you.

Thanks. I just attempt to figure stuff out logically. If you want to hide something you put it far from sight of others. The need for a distraction kind of argues against this, but I think it came when they realized that they could no longer use that base for what they were using it at the time. The distraction came naturally after moving the good stuff to an offshore site as people still gathered there to attempt to ascertain what was happening there. It also springs from the Project Blue Book conclusion and the policy of making those who report UFOs appear to be fools.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
We all know what the government is capable of, so would it be far fetched to say, maybe they fly to the facilties via Janet, and use some form of underground transport from Area 51 to another base or facility, thus making 51 look like it is occupied by "special military personel?" For all we know, they could have a transport system so elaborate under there that they could move across the US or even over to Dolce. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I do think this island idea could hold some water (pardon the pun). Its like here in the UK there is a island that was used for biological and chemical testing, they say this island is toxic and dangeriouse. But could this not be a cover to keep people from venturing to close to the island for fear that they might discover something?

Just a thought

pickle

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
I do think this island idea could hold some water (pardon the pun). Its like here in the UK there is a island that was used for biological and chemical testing, they say this island is toxic and dangeriouse. But could this not be a cover to keep people from venturing to close to the island for fear that they might discover something?

Just a thought

pickle

That's an excellent thought. Saying it is toxic and even leaving some areas that are most approachable partially poisoned would continue to keep most lookers away from such a site. I can even see the US and the UK sharing the information as they do share quite a large amount of intel.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
... When people started to take notice and began asking questions all the goodies were moved elsewhere and Area 51 became an excellent distraction. When everything was moved, who knows. I'm sure there's probably still some neat stuff there, though.

I could see there being some larger items that were left behind, maybe immovable for some reason or another. It just seems to be so convenient to have most of the curiosity seekers and conspiracy theorists contained pretty much in one place. Far more easily controlled.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
well through out time, i actually did think about this one but look at it this way.....they have a secret base....they seize acres of land.....they close down mountains....they throw out a securty force with a black hawk helicopter...the fine is huge...realize they may be a cover but for what, yes dulce is a good idea...but what proof shows that their may not be anything closer, either underground (the underground area) or the radar site in the mountains, yes this was the testing site for the U2 but now it could just be a training ground, and while our focus is on the base, the radar on top of the nearby mountain, could that be the real black project?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Why would they sit in the middle of a unknown island or even underwater? People will look and people do talk. Most bases have as much above ground as they do under.(out of site, out of mind) Yea its right under our noses and nothing we can do will change it until people start looking around. not everything happens above us. Area 51 is a branch off of a bigger picture. Just a leg if you will. You have area 19, dugway,hill, the "mountain", NM. nothing like a path of a 1/4 moon hugging us tight. All of this information is on this site. . Follow the yellow brick road! Look at were you stand.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Corf has it on the money, people need to look at the bigger picture here. The military advances 44.5 years to our every 1 year. That would mean that from 1950 - 2000 the gov./military advanced 2225 years, that would put military technology at the year 4231, and us at 2006. Tell me that doesnt make you wonder!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kamikazi
Corf has it on the money, people need to look at the bigger picture here. The military advances 44.5 years to our every 1 year. That would mean that from 1950 - 2000 the gov./military advanced 2225 years, that would put military technology at the year 4231, and us at 2006. Tell me that doesnt make you wonder!

thats not exactly right .

there will be times of tedium , when no advances will be made .

i really dont feel like going into detail , so just use common sense
when thinking about this .

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I've often wondered about corporate skyscrapers and such...

You got some big named contracts build a massive skyscraper in a city filled with lights, helicopters, and planes. The middle of the tower is hollowed out for a lift that goes from under city facilities to the top for aircraft landings... a lighted UFO would easily be mistaken for, lets say, Local 8's Helo leaving.

Anyways... It is quite obvious that Area 51 is being used as eye candy. Only a fool would not see this, yes? However... moving it would give you a bigger risk of being caught, yes? So. You make it so painfully obvious, people think its eye candy and begin to search elsewhere. While the real deal is still there. You make the real thing in plain view and people will deny it, call it a trick, then look elsewhere for "the real thing" as that "had to be fake to keep us busy". This is what I was taught, atleast. You must think deeper. This same process of reverse can be done infinitly. Meaning, 50/50 chance that A51 has or hasnt something. There is no way to proove it is that for real. The entire thing might be "real" to everyone there, when its only a follow up distraction to even the budget.

top topics

join