It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dual Reality - The 12th Dimension?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Recently, I experienced what seemed to be a dream one morning about nothing too exciting. The only difference was that I was well aware that I was physically awake. I could have opened my eyes at any time at will because I was simply lying in bed awake with my eyes closed. This event made me realise that I had probably experienced this phenomena several times in the previous few weeks, I just hadn't realised it. In this time I have been documenting my dreams as soon as I wake up. I have found myself on occasions wanting to documented things that I was only thinking about and wondered why Iwas having a difficult time seperating dreams from thoughts. I previously dismissed them as thoughts because I knew I was awake. Now I'm beginning to wonder if they too were in fact dreams. What makes me say this is that these "thoughts" seemed to randomly link together into a dream like adventure with little or no input from my conscious mind.

Anyhow it has led me to the idea that perhaps it is possible to experience dual reality. I wonder if at the same time your physical body could be awake and active at the same time as your Astral self. So as to not compromise the integrity of this forum, I must stress I have not yet experienced "Dual Reality", I simply believe that it is a possibility and would be very interested to hear if anyone else has any thoughts on the subject? Presently I am concentrating on achieving "Astreality" (A made a term meaning to experience reality through the Astral Plane) so I am not actively pursuing Dual Reality, but should I stumble across anything I will report back.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I've heard about a dual reality type of state somewhere on the net, I dont really remember much about it. Anyways my brother-in-law gets whisked away to other places sometimes, like lucid dreaming maybe?, and he's in a store shopping or doing something normal. Only this usually happens while he's driving! He claims that the other 'reality' is totally real, he is so immersed in it that he feels it's 100% like that is exactly what he was doing a minute ago. He said he always gets places safe, and seems to drive better while ?dreaming?. Although he's known for stopping at green lights and going at red lights... He told me this when I was telling him about asteral projections. He never thought much about it before, just assumed he was day dreaming. Only the way he describes it, it sounds way more realistic than day dreaming.

I usually have half-dreams when my sleep is disturbed, usually early morning. If I maintain the state of mind, I can usually mold the dream to whatever I want, and it's pretty lucid. If I just 'day-dream' during the dream, then I'll have some really realistic dreams, that are usually not normal daily activity, but I dont have control cause I'm just letting it flow.

I was just thinking, before I hit "post, " about what a dual-reality would really be like. I mean, for it to be a real alter-life, you would have to continue where you left off last time you dreamt it. And I've probably only had 1 or 2 dreams that were continuations of previous dreams. At least that I can recall. Maybe the other life is so varied that even tho it is continuous, we're always doing something so different it doesnt seem so. Not like our normal get up, go to work/skool, go home, sleep, get up...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
How about that...while driving? Wasn't he afraid he might have an accident? I wonder if it is possible to have any control over both realities. How would you monitor what each was doing? Would it appear like a split screen in your mind?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Whilst still not consciously trying to persue Dual Reality and the possible 12th dimension, I have noticed an increase in the number of times I find myself physically awake and simultaneously enteretaining thoughts/dreams which are not consciously initiated or if they are, I am no longer controlling their direction. I even had a semi-OOB-like experience a few weeks ago where I realised I was still physically in control of opening my eyes whilst lying on my bed despite the fact that my mind perceived my body as standing next to my bed and travelling up through the ceiling. Why I say it was a semi OOB-like experience was that unlike most people's experiences I have read, it was very unreal and I had almost no sensation of my surroundings almost like I was watching from an external vantage point.

I have also read a few posts on this forum of other people already experiencing Dual Reality apart from the poster on this thread, thus reinforcing my suspicion that it is achievable.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I my experience I had become entwined with a really tragic event.Actually it was quite a few tragic events.Now I was under the influence of mind altering substances.

I became so nerve wracked about what had happened that my thoughts(which are erratic to begin with).Became more and more in the past than I was paying attention to what was going on.I began to lose focus and became amnesiac forgetting what I just did.

Now I became so tense and messed up from going over what happened again and again that I started to get soulsickness.

It actually took a spell of manifest destiny to pull me out I had become that far gone.Luckily it worked and I'm kind of back on my path.If you have any questions ask.
Scarecrow

HS

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
mytym,
not only is dual reality possible to have, split double dual reality is possible.
I guess that put me in the 24th dimension. Or maybe the 36th dimension.

Here is what happened.

I woke up wiht the distinct sensation I lift my right foot off the edge of the bed and set my heel on some stainless steel rollers. Like you might see on a production factory on an assembly line. I pushed my heel back and forth and felt them roll, cool hard steel, felt kinda neat. I started to visualize them with my eyes still closed. Then still in that frame of mind I decided to look off the edge of the bed to the right to see if my heel was touching a vision. My leg wasn't even off the bed. lol
My feet were both together tight as I layed on my back. My hands were tightly against my sides. So I closed my eyes again and the sensation came back. Oh yeah, before that happened, I thought I had lifted my leg on and off the bed a few times to find out if the rollers were still there.
I got his whole spooky picture my mind saw that I was in an alien laboratory with all kinds of stuff around. That my body had some how been phase shifted to this remote alien location. I had woken up many times and seen tubes, big ones coming out of me. And this was wide open eyed.
So the previous feeling of being manipulated by real people I thought were my friends, was manifesting itself as this dream that my dual reality was abducted by aliens for nefarious purposes.

Then I was laying there with my eyes tightly closed, stiff with hands at side and feet together. Suddenly I was laying on my left side (not for real) sure seemed like real though. I felt the blankeys I peeked out from under and had one of those black masks peple wear for day sleeping on my forehead over my eyes and peeked out from under that too.

There was a 18 inch tall bald headed Buddha with his arms up at an angle looking to the foot of my bed and smiling. He had about 8 to 9 light rays going off his head from ear to ear. He seemed really happy and I felt happy too. The radiant rays of white light were about 3/4 inch in thickness and I didn't see the end of them. Then I went back to just laying there in my real position. Watched Buddha with his plump tummy for about 20-30 seconds maybe.

So that there is a split double dual reality depending on which half of the brain wanted to peek at the shadow energy deceptions that probably came out of the dream state.

be cool

Honor Seed

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
sometimes, during the out of body experiance......you will go to places of true exsitance, that are not of this dimention........differant historys, and differnat techknowledgy, but human people VERY much living like we are......

This is something I am learning to deal with during OOBE (out of body experiance).......................other actual dimentions are close to our own, and its HARD to diferentiate between 'there' and 'here'........and visiting such places can seem as if a dream............

[edit on 29-1-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Recently, the frequency of occurrances where I have been dreaming whilst consciously physically awake has increased significantly. About a week ago I was lying in bed awake from about 5am to 6.30am and I was constantly skipping from one dream to the next, all the while with the knowledge that I was lying awake with my eyes closed. At some points at had great difficulty distinguishing between whether I was looking with my physical eyes or my minds eyes. In one instance I was able to zoom in on a thought where I was looking at a page in a book to see how much detail I could recognise. I also finally came to the understanding of how one can move there astral body without having fear of moving their physical body as I was able to do it at will without even thinking about it. (I wasn't OOB by the way, and have never been to date)

It seems that dual reality may be very achieveable, although I have a long way to go to get there. I'm receiving much encouragement with my experiences in recent weeks. Who knows, dual reality maybe just the tip of the Infinite reality iceberg, which I think HS may have been alluding to. What possibilities await!

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
An interesting thing happened to me last night. I was lying in bed awake when, as they often do in recent times, my thoughts began controlling themselves, no longer requiring my input to continue. I noticed in this particular thought, that a bowl or something similar was dropped on the ground. The strange thing about it was that, as I was still well aware and awake, I heard the sound of the bowl hitting the ground on the carpet right near my bed. It was as if the sound was transferred from my thought realm to the physical realm. Everyone else in the house was asleep, but had they been awake I'm sure they would have heard it. Any similar experiences?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
yeah i a little while ago i realized i am like a little concious when i sleep. I could control when i wake up, and very rarely stay asleep. I have had ALOT of dreams of falling off a building but whenever i hit the ground, my body twitches and i jump of the bed and wake up. now that i figured out that randomly i can control my sleeplessness, i have been trying to stay asleep and keep dreaming after i die in a dream. i have been chugging milk and watching horrow movies. but my cat always disturbs me in my sleep, and then the cat becomes part of the dream. and I KNOW what the hell is going on. I still have yet to die in a dream knowing this, but I'll report here if i do.
-peace

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AnthonyReigns

i also always woke up everytime i died in a dream, apart from the last time. i forced myself to stay asleep ( i cant described my method for doing it, as it is very hard for me to explain it in words), but i hit the ground of the canyon i was falling in with a thud, and i just laid there. i was dead, but could see the mud on the floor. i couldnt move. it was strange, like a computer game crashing just as you have died. i could see the floor i was laying on, but couldnt move or look around. i remember it seemed to last for at least five minutes, until it finally faded to black and i woke up. its like, because i forced myself to stay asleep after my death, there was nothing left to happen, and the dream had ended then and there, which left me just laying on the floor of my own dream. can anyone explain this?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Recently I died in a dream. I was killed by a huge transparent dragon with blue veins. I did not fear death in my dream, I had realized it was a dream at this point. After I died I awoke, but not in real life. I awoke in another dream, a completely different one. A better one, but less cool. I did not feel death when the fireball of the enormous dragon descended upon me, but I saw the flames as they disintegrated my eyeballs, and that is when I awoke in the second dream.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Whoow, your spelling had me thinking i entered the 12th Dimension myself there for a second!!!

[edit on 27-5-2008 by The Soldier Of Darkness]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hey! This is a good thread, why is no one responding ?

Don't let her spelling suck you into the vortex, just use the scroll button on your mouse, it'll pass, a rough ride, but you can make it to the "post reply" button!!!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
That was funny. You know, i've been wondering for a while, what is the purpose of death dreams? I have never fallen like that-that i can remember- though i do recall having one where i was revived to exist, but never actually died. There must be some sort of, well, at least a reason for those types of dreams, right?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have often been laying in bed having lots of dreams one after the other and to a certain extent, i can control the dreams and have an input on them. I also feel asif i am reely still awake and that i can open my eyes at any time but i dont becasue ther dreams are truely amazing

however, i dont see how this is like dual reality or the 12th dimension. Isnt it just your imagination let loose? can some one explain?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Mytym,
The thing you are describing (falling asleep and dreaming while being awake) is called hypnogogic state. Read about it here: skepdic.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I've had experiences of dual consciousness before, it happens relatively frequently to me. I am an energy healer and when I work on people I do so out of my body if its a distance healing although I am still aware of the presence of my physical body despite me being someplace else. I've also had experiences of being simultaneously in the past and in the present at the same time while working on people depending on the nature of the healing and I have also experienced it before while driving and during some pretty high level meditations. I call it consciousness linking. The same thing takes place when I do Akashic record readings on people, I am able to be both in the Akashic records and semi consciously present at the same time although it is difficult at best splitting myself in both places. For instance if I am doing a reading for someone who is not present, I go to their records and simultaneously ask the questions and write out the responses on my computer while still maintaining myself in the records. None of these experiences take place on the 12th dimension as you refer to it though. When I am doing out of body healings I do it on the Etheric, Astral and Physical planes whereas when I do Akashic reading I think I am on the 5th dimension which is where I typically run into guides and the like. The 12th dimension is a much higher vibration than these lower level planes and as such is a much farther stretch to get to. I think some of the higher levels of the sephirotic tree of life are on the 9th and 10th dimension up around Kaether and Da'ath.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i had a silly one.....I dreamed that I woke-up, and went about my usual routine........about the time i got to work....Ireally woke up(It kinda freaked me out waking two times!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
has this activity been on the increase? I started a thread about more people dreaming recently. before I fell asleep last night
I was dreaming before went to sleep (I believe this is what it is because things were more vivid) but I couldn't go to sleep until I purposely ignore the noises.
I think I have done this when I think about consciousness recently.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join