It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico retaliates for US wall. What?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Chinas wall was more to show prominence and power more than anything else. As we all know, it certainly didn't save them from the Mongols in the long run, and certainly not from the Japanese!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hello ANOK
I am not good at qouteing, so I'll try to memorize your rants. "Who made the boarders" Humans, wrong or right they are there. I can't get my husband in, LEGALLY, but our neighbors across the road are illigal not paying taxes, they don't even want to learn English, they work for tips. THEY DON'T CARE.
We provide for them, OK, but could thay at the least say HELLO, no!!!!!
I miss my hubby, we have been apart almost a year and $100.000 later that is what it costs to immigrate LEGALLY

American Mad Man
Yes I will make a 10 mile zone, no, I will demand that ANY Illigal immigrant applying for a drivers license repports to immigration.
I don't know about the southeern states, but here they take our jobs for nothing. Zero. 0. They work for tips.
Yes I understand poverty, but I also see a goverment policy that allows this to keep wages down.
WIS

[edit on 20-12-2005 by WalkInSilence]

[edit on 20-12-2005 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yes, WalkInSilence brings up another good point, there are many people from around the world who want to come into the US legally, yet they have to go through all the legal procedures, which can be a pain in the A. It’s not fair to them that Mexicans (I’m generalizing) can just hop over a fence so easily and live in the US, while others wait to do things the right way.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I have said it before and I will say it again.

I want a 10 foot wall along our boarder. I want a mine field in front of that wall. I want snipers and machine gunners posted on the wall. I want Apaches flying along that wall. I want any person coming within 500 yards of that wall to be shot.

After a month of this the illegal immigration won't be a problem.

Thank you, Just, I have never seen such hidiuos injustice, get them out or make them pay taxes, make them contribute, as soon as they wed an American.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well i would think that building a wall would benifit the US with its "Illegal Imiegration" problem when you think about a wall look at how well it worked in Berlien to keep the Soviet-Germans form going to the American Sectior of the city a border wall would probly have the same effect in keeping people for illegaly crossing into america, i dont understand why there are people that want to grant amnisty to the immigrants that are here illegaly that would just encourge it, so yes i support building a Berlien style wall on the southern border and or putting the military on the patrol and the border . . .

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alucard666000
Well i would think that building a wall would benifit the US with its "Illegal Imiegration" problem when you think about a wall look at how well it worked in Berlien to keep the Soviet-Germans form going to the American Sectior of the city a border wall would probly have the same effect in keeping people for illegaly crossing into america, i dont understand why there are people that want to grant amnisty to the immigrants that are here illegaly that would just encourge it, so yes i support building a Berlien style wall on the southern border and or putting the military on the patrol and the border . . .

Actually the Berlin Wall was a horrible failure, the added stresses of having to worry constantly about escapees ,possible information leaks, rising price of maintenance and guards in tandem with the other problems the Soviet Union was facing culminated in the fall of the wall - representing the end of the Soviet Union.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Our gov't ain't doing anything about this because they don't want to lose the Hispanic Voters. Sad...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I too agree with Walk in Silence that those who come legally through the front door do so through hard work and sacrifice. Hell my mom almost was sent back to the UK because my father missed the cutoff for permanent resident status due to the fact he was flying Medevac helo missions for the Army after a major california earthquake. The people who control immigration make very little accomadations for even the service men of this country and so I really feel for walk in silence because it sounds like she put up with a lot worse than my family did. If you want to come to this country you should have to put up with the same burden as those before you.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
WestPoint
Thank You, We are so tired, so dissilutioned( bad spelling) I was raised to believe in equal rights, I grew up in Europe and have now moved "Home", but I have no right, compared to the minority's, none. This is my home but I will have to move back, an American in exile because my husband can't come in. I am not the only one, believe me.
But admit thousands and millions of illigal immigrants, to keep our beautiful country in poverty,YES
I rest my case, stay here, feal free, I have to pay taxes from abroad, so you can survive, but I will always remember I had to leave my home.
WIS

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What's the big deal? Russia had the Iron curtain, China had the Bamboo Curtain,
all America wants is a little Spicket Fence.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Our gov't ain't doing anything about this because they don't want to lose the Hispanic Voters. Sad...

How correct you are, and it truly is sad because even though illegal immigrants may not be able to vote they can and do influence political decisions. Furthermore, the US constitution says that we shall determine the number of representatives from a certain state by the number of people in that state. Now, notice it does not say number of American citizens, just people. That is why California has more representative seats than any other state, their illegal immigrants bring up the number of their total population.
Therefore California does not want to lose those illegal immigrants because they will loose a significant amount of seats in the House. Isn't that something?!

There was a push in the Congress to change the constitution to say US citizens instead of people, but guess who opposed it? Yes, we are doing permanent damage to our own Country because politicians cant see past the next election year.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is all sadly true, and it is the corruption on both sides that prevents any sort of action - wall or no wall - from taking place. I'm glad we can all agree on one thing! Although I must say I have really enjoyed this mini debate tonight, and Im glad no one took offense or got out of hand. Hopefully something will be done to safeguard our borders, and if it's a wall, so be it, I'll stick to my opinion until the end of it all!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thank You Agent 47
Just Thank You
I am home, really "Home" after searching for many years, I was here on 9/11 and then knew this was where I belonged and now I can't stay!!!! They won't admit my hard working husband.
I will use the rest of my life to fight this, this policy is causeing more seperation than they can immagine. (bad spelling)
My neighbors are in rage, I work my ass off, can't get my spouse in, and the Mexicans can stay.
Sorry I got emotional
WIS

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

This is all sadly true, and it is the corruption on both sides that prevents any sort of action - wall or no wall - from taking place.

Oh I completely agree, I am a supporter of this administration yet I do have one point at which I am at complete and absolute odds with them for, it’s their lack of action on Immigration. Both political parties should put their differences aside and do us all a favor by stopping illegal immigration.

WIS I know people who have been in the same situation as you, they were hard working Americans too, yet they could not bring their spouses to the US legally. They were left with really two options, live outside the US, or bring their spouses here illegally. It is despicable that someone married to an American citizen has less rights then an illegal immigrant who hoped some fence to get in here.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It is easy to get upset over the travesties being committed by all sides, but we must remember to not let this anger translate into hate, because by the time that happens it'll be too late to reverse anything that's been done

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

WO SIND SEIN PAPIEREN??!! JAWOHL!

it actually goes like this : wo sind seine papiere ? jawohl !

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
And that means? Sorry, I dont know German, but Im assuming it has to do with something about identification papers?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by informatu

Originally posted by WestPoint23

We need to make and enforce laws that make it virtually impossible to do anything in this country if you don't have the proper documents showing that you a here legally.

Hunh?? I believe we should do everything to ensure that people immigrate properly, but I don't like the police state you're proposing.

WO SIND SEIN PAPIEREN??!! JAWOHL!

Also, shooting border crossers? C'mon, for chrissakes, no wonder people don't take people who want to control immigration seriously.

it actually goes like this : wo sind seine papiere ? jawohl !

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That we are on level with nazi's or facists for wanting to secure our countries borders and support law and order immigration? If so you got a pair of brass ones, seriously misinformed ones but brass all the same.

I only say that because I've heard it a thousand times in the Medal of Honor games. That damn train station..... and the boat......

[edit on 12/20/2005 by Agent47]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
it means where are his identity papiers , yes !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join